Mothering Forum banner

August Mamas, the smiling has started!

4K views 111 replies 27 participants last post by  MamaSoleil 
#1 ·
HEh, I'm loving the smiles!!!!
How is everyone else doing? Samson is 6 wks today. Unbelievable.
Will post more later, dh wants some pc time!!!!!
:

Mamasoleil/samson

See less See more
#2 ·
I was just getting ready to start a new thread to check in. We are doing pretty good here. Becca will be 4 weeks on Friday. She has a bit of a cold right now but is doing OK. We go back to the cardio one week from today to redo her tests. She has started all of the grunting the rest of you talked about in the other thread. It made me laugh when she first started, I instantly thought of the other MDC babes.
She is already weighing it at 9 lbs 12 ozs. The power of mommy's milk!

#3 ·
Steph, so glad to hear the grunting has started!!!
Is she ever growing...go mom go!!!!!

Here are two pics of Samson on his 1mth anniversary:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpub...sp?id_=5153679
http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpub...sp?id_=5153667

Samson has had a cold on/off for two wks, there's a lingering cold going around my town!!!
I can't believe my milk supply, when I pump, I get 3oz per breast!!! That's pretty cool, I never got that much with Soleil...she was a snacker, Samson is the champion feeder!!! :LOL

WE are getting into the groove here with the new family dynamics. Nights are better now, as Samson doesn't poo every hour anymore, so we can get more rest...I had to order tons of new diaper covers though, cause I can't keep up!!!

Hope everyone is doing well with their babes!!!!

Peace,
Mamasoleil/samson

#4 ·
hi ladies!
yes we have big smiles here too
and guess what? so far I have a SLEEPER! woohoo! after two girls up all night nursing for years its nice to have this little boy who sleeps. I never get out of bed at night. He sleeps from about 10pm-4am adn then again till about 7. Its so cool!! and unexpected. tho i know it'll change when teeth start. lol

the pictures of soleil and sampson are wonderful! you have beautiful children

heres mine.

Roman is 2 months old tomorrow. I can't believe it.
Here he is with dh... proud father and son shot http://dragonflytiedye.wahmweb.com/f...2mosfornet.jpg
and here he is with my teenage daughter Chelsey
http://dragonflytiedye.wahmweb.com/f...soldfornet.jpg

and my 3 year old just started ballet lessons so i'm sharing that one too! LOL
http://wahhostingnetwork.com/dragonf...classemail.jpg

will look forward to reading how everyones babes are doing.
I can't believe how big Romy is already. we're out of small dipes/covers and into mediums alrady !

#5 ·
Hello !

Colorful Mama and mamasoleil...your children are beautiful! such cute pictures.

I have pictures on my computer of Darius,I'm just trying to figure out how to go online with them....I'm sure its easy I just get busy.I can't imagine having more than one child...wow you guys are great!

good luck at your drs. appointment Tnrsmom!

Darius has a drs. appointment monday so we'll find out how much wieght he's gained....as of the 2nd of this month he was 9 pounds. and his lungs were sounding great!
he's a sleeper too....he sleeps 4 hours at time at night !!!
The smiling is wonderful and the cooing...I also love when he's chatty ,he doesnt make a lot of sound but he moves his hands and mouth like he's telling a fantastic tale....he's too cute!

I do have a question....
Is anyones baby on a schedule? for eating and sleeping?
We just have a routine not a schedule...
I ask only because I've been asked by a well meaning person(in a non-confrontational manner)and replied he eats when he's hungry and sleeps when he's tired...i was told i will never have time to myself( I do, its when he sleeps).....just looking for others thoughts and points of view.

Take care everyone and enjoy your day!!!!

#7 ·
Hi everyone!

Anja is just about six weeks and eating like a champ! She weighed in at 11 pounds, 2 ounces last week.

After showing signs of colic for a while, she now sleeps about four to five hours at a stretch.

She cracks us up with her little smiles and her dimples. She has big apple-dumpling cheeks...just like daddy.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

kate

#8 ·
Glad to hear everyone is doing well!!!! Samson is great, his smiles change him so much...he's been so 'serious' looking, that it kind of blows me away, and reminds me, he's a little person with his own cute personality!!!
We are getting into a new groove. Soleil is in school now, and we all walk together in the morning, then I continue on with Samson and the dogs. Then, I go home, Samson and I hang out, then he takes a nap, and I "clean"
: ...then it's off to pick up Soleil.
She is doing really well, and makes pictures for Samson all the time. It's really cute. She has stopped waking him up, as she's realizing that him sleeping means that she has mama to herself!

Looking forward to more updates!

Mamasoleil/samson

#9 ·
Ruth is doing great--she gained 2 lbs. and grew 2 inches in three weeks. I feel so proud--want to say to everyone, "I grew her!" Her big brother is getting much more interested and loving, but also still needs lots of special attention. She is such a great sleeper compared to her bro--I feel I shouldn't complain. But I still end up in these ridiculous middle of the night fights with dh that occur only b/c we are exhausted (and he turns from nicest guy to meanie when woken up, the only time he is a bear at all).

Haven't tried sex yet, but am feeling much more healed from my small tear and thinking if I could find the time, I might consider it.

Weirdest thing--I keep having dreams that I am having another baby, even though this one is probably the last for us... Maybe I should be careful about birth control!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. What beauties!

#11 ·
Well, had sex again today. Baby is 7 weeks old today. Last time we tried he was 5 weeks. It still kind of sucked today, but not nearly as bad as the first time. The midwife said ob's are notorious for going overboard in their stitching(I had a small tear). I can definately tell that evil woman stitched me waaay too tight. Oh well, time will heal all, I hope. Hope everyone is well. I miss the obsession of the pregnancy boards. *Sigh* Life is good, but soo much busier. Gotta go. Everyone is crying.

#14 ·
I am loving her smiles too!

Luckymomma are you the girl that I have been emailing about the necklace?? That is too cool and I am a space that I did not figure that out.

We have had a hard time at bed cuz we co-sleep but tonite I took babe in the computer room to print addresses on our announcements and nursed while dh took ds. It was hard cuz ds gets so rambunkcious, (sp?) and I heard him cry a few times and it was hard to not go comfort him but I can't do both kids and when we try to do the co-sleep and co-fall asleep gig he wakes her up like five times till she goes off the deep end and can scream for anywhere from 90 minutes to two hours cuz she is so overly tired. Anyway it worked better tonite.

Congrats triste

I miss wooby.

#16 ·
Sorry Kathy-Jo, I'm not who you think I am. Great picture CM, I caught a smile picture too. It's amazing to freeze that moment isn't it? Are all 4 year olds the most obnoxious creatures on the planet, or is mine just gifted? The only thing worse than my son right now, is my son with a friend over to play. Baby slept 6 straight hours last night. I feel so blessed. That and my breasts seem to be figuring out that I only have one baby to feed, not a whole litter. Life is good, but I think I'm developing a serious coffee addiction. I have some every morning. I think I need a substitute. I've tried teachino(?), any other ideas?

#17 ·
Hi ladies!

Glad to hear all the babes are well. We are doing good too, but I'm going crazy trying to keep the big sister off the little guy! I can't even set him down for a minute w/o her trying to lay on him and kiss him and hug him. I need a safety bubble!

I'm so in love too. Quinn is so sweet, sleeping on my chest in the Maya Wrap right now..the only way he'd sleep today
: Those little sleepy noises are so cute though. I hope they last awhile longer!

Sex for us is good - but I didn't have any tears. Dh finally finds me attractive again I guess lol. He'd hardly touched me during the pg.!

luckymomma - wow, you are lucky, 6 hours of sleep!! Have you tried green tea? Or just no caffeine! May sound crazy, I know, but trust me, once you quit your body won't need it and you'll feel better than ever!

KJ - hope bedtime is going better.

Ugh, my shoulder is about to crumble, must get this babe out of the sling!

#19 ·
Luckymomma, had you mixed up with Luckyone

go figure

Anyway Smeta you are always cute.......

And I just am not interested in sex? Will I ever be again is what I will say. And I remember sex hurting the first time, like a virgin, you know.............and the pap smear killed too. So remember that!

Angelyn can push herself up does not even need to do tummy time. She has it mastered. I feel bad cuz the only place she would nap today is the swing, wish it was the sling.

Today she smiled more than she has than all the days together since she was born.

#20 ·
Hello everyone! did not have time to post but have been reading your posts.......I am glad everyone is doing fine! Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!
My mom left on Saturday to go back to Europe
after 5 weeks!! She was an amazing help! Oh my god, I can NOT imagine doing this without her! Specially with all the troubles I had with nursing. She was wonderful! She is such an angel! She was crying so hard when she was leaving.....Who knows when we are going to see each other again.....well, hopefully next spring.
My Sebastian gave her his first smile when she was leaving - that made her cry even more! He is so beautiful! Not sleeping throught the night though
Sometimes he sleeps 3-4 hours, but next day he is up every hour. I am now getting used to totally new schedule since my mom is gone and I have to do it all by myself and with my DH who is very helpful I have to say.
It is very hard to sleep with my baby in one room because he makes SO MUCH noise when he sleeps!! So I think he is up all the time and keep looking at him - but he is totally asleep!!
And he HATES our bedroom!! I do not know what to do about that. He will NOT sleep in our bed! Anywhere else but there!! My mom brought beautiful pram from Europe (that kind you will not buy here in US) and he LOVES that!! He pretty much sleeps in it only. So coosleeping is not happening so far!! I do want him with me in bed though - I miss him, but as soon as I put him into our bed or just bedroom -he is UP! So I am with him in his bedroom - he sleeps in the pram and I sleep on the bed. gptta run.....he is up and crying.....

#21 ·
Well, my little Sebastian is asleep again (in the pram of course) so I can continue here..........

Imagine that I still have not been able to get help for my nursing problems!! It has been almost 6 weeks now! Last Thursday I finally went to gynecologist in hope she would give me something for my yeast infection......so she looks at my breast and says they are FINE!! Sure they LOOK fine - after all the hell they went through - they healed but they are NOT fine! I asked her: How come they are still hurting? She did not know what to say - doctors are so USELESS!! They are pink so according to her there is nothing wrong with them - I am so sick of this! So she at least called local medical center where they have a lactation consultant and gave them my phone number to call me and set appt. It is Wednesday - do you think they called? I have called them myself before and left couple of messages but they NEVER called back. So I waisted money on gynecologist - who did not help a bit and still did not get the help I need!!! I still have problems and still think I have yeast infection. By the way she told me if I had a yeast infection the baby has to be treated not me!! That is such a bull*** - after reading so many posts on this subject here at MDC - I don't think so! Anyway......I am so sick of medical system here in US!

I have a question about sex - do you have unprotected sex mamas? How do I know if I should use protection? How do I know if I am not ovulating by any chance? There has been cases where women got pg at 6 weeks postpartum. I have not tried sex yet - but wanna know if I should be safe not using any protection. I still feel that I am healing though - I onlt had 2 tiny tears, but I am nervous about sex.

#22 ·
Pavlina~Are you still nursing? I'm sorry you are having such difficulties getting the help you need!!!
Come to Canada, they are really nice here!

I'm also a little nervous about having sex, I'm worried about getting pg....I'm allergic to latex, so condoms are out of the question. I got a prescription for bf'ing friendly bc pill, but have not filled it out yet, waiting for my prescription card to come!!!!
Samson is going to sleep ALL day I think, Soleil is at school today. She's been home sick with the croup, and of course waking him up all the time!

Originally posted by Smeta:

Quote:
but I'm going crazy trying to keep the big sister off the little guy! I can't even set him down for a minute w/o her trying to lay on him and kiss him and hug him. I need a safety bubble!
I SO HEAR THAT!!!!
:
It's so frustrating, but at the same time, I'm relieved that she loves him, and does not resent him, kwim????
So, the sun is finally shining today, after 5 days of rain. Went for a great hike this am, now I'm chilling, trying to get enough self-discipline to CLEAN my house.....It's taken a beating this weekend and beginning of week. I was busy nursing a baby, and my poor sick dd!!!!
So, what am I doing....mdc'ing!!!!

Peace,

Mamasoleil/samson

#23 ·
Mamasolei ~ thanks for support. Yes, I am still nursing. I did not give up - could not and did not want to. But I feel it still should be better then it is. Never mind.....
I would love to come to Canada......it was my final destination originaly....how did I end up here - don't know?! lol I lived in Vancouver though for while....miss it so bad!

I so envy you that your baby sleeps so many hours in row!! I wish my was like that. I really don't know how you moms do that with more then one babies!! You are amazing!

Does any of your babies fart as much as mine? I don't care about the farts - but they STING like hell!! Seriously! My DH's aren't as bad as my baby one's!! lol And I am eating pretty healthy. He was like that from the day he was born.

#24 ·
We haven't used any contraceptives yet. Dh is more worried than I - he keeps saying we've got to talk to a dr. about birth control! My 6-wk. appt. is Monday, so I guess I'll get things figured out then. I hate birth control, nothing seems to be the right method for me.

Pavlina - sorry you are having troubles w/ BF. Don't give up! Have you tried contacting La Leche League for help? They usually know all the answers to BF problems. And it's a great place to meet other nursing moms.

Check out their website: La Leche League
Georgia Specific info:
http://www.lllusa.org/GA/areamap.htm
Here's some info for your area:
Southeast Atlanta Area:

Monthly Meetings and Telephone / E-mail Support:
ATHENS
3rd Thursday @ 10:00 AM
3rd Tuesday @ 7:00 PM
Anne 706-353-9703
Kimberly 706-742-2754
Stephanie 706-543-4474
Julie 706-342-1287 (local to Madison/Monroe area)

#25 ·
Morning mamas. I've only got a minute as I hac=ve to get everyone up and moving. Becca saw the cardio yesterday and everything is fine. Her pressure gradient is the same which means she does not have to go back until 6 months. She started smiling this week too.

#26 ·
Pavlina~You are unbelievable for sticking with the nursing. You are one tough mama!!!!
I figure Samson sleeps when he can, power sleeps when it's quiet, cause he knows it's not quiet often! :LOL
Smeta, I hate bc too, and have not had to take any for three yrs...so this is gonna suck!
Steph~Yay for Becca!!!! That's great news!

Samson and I are both sick!
We are the last to go. I thought we wouldn't get it. There's a nasty cold in my town. I've been pumping vitamins..but not garlic cause I wasn't sure how it would affect Samson, but now, I think I may start. My throat is killing me! Samson is super mucousy in his nose...

Any ideas?

Mamasoleil/samson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.