Baby Punching Himself? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-18-2008, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, DS will be 5 months old next week. He's been figuring out his hands, and he rubs his eyes when he's tired and stuff. In the last week or so, he's started punching himself in the head while he nurses. Only with the right hand, so only when he's nursing on my right side, and if I try to hold his hand, he gets REALLY ticked with me. I thought he only did it when he was tired, but today he's either been tired all day, or he's just doing it all the time.

Any thoughts? Please someone tell me their baby did this.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#2 of 6 Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 PM

Mine's been doing this too for the past few days, but with his left hand, and he smacks himself on the belly.
#3 of 6 Old 04-18-2008, 11:17 PM

DS does this when he's tired with his left arm, we call it his Dr. Strangelove arm. (he's almost 4 months)

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 6 Old 04-18-2008, 11:47 PM

Mine's also got insane arm & crazy hand going on. He'll whack anything, especially his face when he gets it going. I think he's getting it ready to roll from back to front cuz he's almost there.

Heather, ds Dante (12.28.07) and due in April.
#5 of 6 Old 04-19-2008, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaraw View Post
Mine's also got insane arm & crazy hand going on. He'll whack anything, especially his face when he gets it going. I think he's getting it ready to roll from back to front cuz he's almost there.
My mom said that DS rolled from front to back last week, but I didn't see it so it doesn't count.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#6 of 6 Old 04-19-2008, 12:53 AM

DS is 7 mos. and sometimes will punch the back of his hand with his fist while nursing in the side lying position. Has only recently started to do this...just a few smacks and he's done

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page