Colic??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I jinxed myself saying DS was easier than DD. He's displaying signs of colic like his sister did. I swaddled him, nursed/used pacifier, danced, rocked, and got out the hairdryer. I was reading that probiotics can be helpful for colic. Anyone know anything about this? Does the mom take them or do you give them to the babe as well? What kind? I have Dr. Udo's powdered form for DD. Any other hints for coping/treatment would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 01:24 AM

I used a sling with my little one and it seemed to put him right to sleep and allowed me to do somethings around the house. Good luck with your little darling.!
#3 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 06:25 AM

I did the elimination diet for ds's colic, and after cutting out his major offendors (corn & garlic) he was a lot better. I'm currently giving him probiotics, but didn't back when he was younger, so I don't know how to help you there. It's a non dairy powdered children's probiotic I got from whole foods, I can't remember the name of it right now.

Coccyntal helped a lot with the colic. As did the Hyland's Colic Calm tablets. But the thing that did it was the elimination diet. Maybe you are eating something that your baby can't deal with? Also, have you tried chiropractic care for your baby? My ds was a c-section, so he didn't have any head misalignments, but I've heard that those can cause colic-like behavior.

Sending lots of ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) too. Colic is so hard. I hope you find something that works really soon.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#4 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 12:26 PM

I would say allergies as well. But before you try the true elimination diet, you should try cutting Milk and milk protein (whey, cassien) and soy out of your diet. They are the most common allergens. When I did this for my little guy, I started seeing a diffrence in 2 days, and a completly diffrent child in 2 weeks.

What ever you do, give it time to work. I was told it can take 2 weeks or more for allergens to clear mommy's system.

He also loved his sling :0)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page