Vomiting, but no fever?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I got home from work, my son woke vomiting. Over the last hour and a half or so, he has vomited 5 or 6 times. At first, I was nursing him, but then I read that while he is in stage one, I either shouldn't or not expect it to stay down. He is currently sleeping which is amazing because he ALWAYS nurses to sleep if I am available. When he was awake, he seemed fine...He wasn't grumpy, no fever, was laughing and playing, but then a bout would come over him (his tummy was empty mostly so not much expelled). Then, he would smile an play again.

I guess I just wanted to hear stories of your experiences.... I do think it is odd he doesn't seem sick otherwise. Is that normal? (I know not for all tummy sicknesses, but does it fall in the realm of normal?)

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#2 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 AM

Sounds normal to me. Dd never runs fever with pukey bugs.

-Angela
#3 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Sounds normal to me as well. dd got a tummy bug at 8m w/ just vomiting and no fever for about 12hrs.....then dh got it w/ fever and was much sicker....remember your breastmilk probably gave baby a head start against the bug. And if the vomiting continues just know that breastmilk is absorbed quite quickly so even if baby is vomiting after feeding some will be taken in for hydration.

Hopefully baby is feeling better!!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#4 of 4 Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM

my ds1 always does this right before he gets an ear infection

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page