Favorite moment with baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine: I love to take a warm bath with my 7 month old son, Luca. He invariably wants to breast feed during the bath, and there is nothing sweeter in the world than soaking in a warm tub with my child up against my chest, nursing. What's your favorite moment with your dear angel?

In love with Javier, love.gifmy husband, Sofia (14) and Isabel (11)partners.gif, my stepdaughters, Luca (3) nut.gifand our little one on its way!belly.gif

#2 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 02:17 PM

I LOVE snuggling with her when she wakes up on the weekends. She is always sooooooooooo HAPPY in the mornings We both usually end up giggling as we snuggle

Nursing while taking a bath together is near the top of my list of favorites as well

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
#3 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I love the bath nursing as well. It's kinda funny, she'll go from one side to the other, like "WOW, there they both are!! What luck!!!"

I love to pour water over her while we're sitting there, too.

Lately, she's been dancing in happiness. That's about the cutest thing she's done, ever.
#4 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM

snuggling at night. No matter how stressful our day (and night sometimes) is, he's so cute when he nurses in his sleep. I love co-sleeping .
#5 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 PM

Ahhhh.... sleeping in with the 3 of us on a rainy Sunday morning with nothing to do but bask in the bliss.

I love my family and give thanks every day!

Grace Comes.

#6 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Sweet Pea has an overactive sense of humor (like her mother), and I love it when she laughs and laughs at a little thing, like seeing her Daddy or the dog. Sometimes we all three just laugh and laugh because her laughter is so contagious!

DD 7/07 DS 1/11

#7 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM

I take baths with my dd almost every night.

I love waking up and seeing her already awake and as soon as I open my eyes she is just one big smile. Like "hey, there you are mom. Good morning!"

Casey, wife to Danny, mom to Olive : and Darcy : .
#8 of 22 Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 PM

When she's fallen asleep nursing she pops off and uses my breast as a pillow. She just looks so content. I love it!

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#9 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 AM

I love waking up in the morning to see Anna is already awake and smiling at me! I also love when she puts her hand on my boob while we are sleeping like she's just making sure it will be there when she wakes up!

Lisa ~ WAH, bf-ing, cs-ing, hb-ing, vegan mama to Anna (09/07) and expecting #2 in March 2012!
#10 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 11:47 AM

waking up with him in the morning.
#11 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 PM

I like waking up in the morning under the covers with dd, my arms around her and her little legs tucked up to her belly. Ds is warm and sleepy and pressed up against my back.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#12 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 PM

I love making her laugh, its intoxifing!
#13 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 12:33 PM

Snuggling together in the mornings. And when she laughs!
#14 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 12:39 PM

I love snugglng, anytime, but especially in the morning in bed. He is so happy and smiles, then rolls over to makes sure daddy is awake too.
#15 of 22 Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM

I LOVE feeding my baby girl in the bath too...what a special moment. I also love waking up with her -she's often snuggled her way into my arms and tries to wake us up by blowing raspberries...soooooo cute. Another fav - I think at the top of our list is our bedtime dance cheek to cheek to a cute song- In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride, although I often end up crying!

#16 of 22 Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 AM

The early morning between day and night when the light filters in on a sleeping baby with a drop of mama's milk peeking out his mouth... it's sacred time...

But I also love when I pick him up and he fits his sweet little head against my shouder, then gives me a little thank you pat on the back...

Michelle, mama to Isabelle (03/04) and Tom (02/07)
#17 of 22 Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 AM

Oh man...it is so hard to pick just one...I love the Bath Time Nursing, and the morning snuggles! And of course his fits of laughter...I really cannot choose

This thread makes me a little teary eyed!
#18 of 22 Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't know if I can pick just one, but I love when she comes off the breast full and bloated with milk, with her nose all red from being squished against me, milk all over her face, and looking reeling drunk!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#19 of 22 Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieLynn View Post
snuggling at night. No matter how stressful our day (and night sometimes) is, he's so cute when he nurses in his sleep. I love co-sleeping .
This. It's the best part of the day. And dh tucks me in with Ramona every night. It's wonderful!
#20 of 22 Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 AM

I love holding my almost-7-week-old when she's asleep. When she's awake, she's so stiff and rigid, but when she's asleep she's like a soft oozing lump of happy warm goo that just sort of melts into my arms.

I love that warm melty baby feel

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#21 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 04:03 AM

Sometimes dd will wake up at night and just say "ma ma!", crawl over towards me (I'm just 2 inches away) and plunge her head into my chest or on top of my belly and go back to sleep as I caress her hair. Don't know why but that's just so special to me....just to be there when she needs comfort in the middle of the night One night I woke to find her kneeling on the floor, knees tucked into her belly with her head on my belly, (matress on floor). So precious
#22 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayBaby2007 View Post
Sometimes dd will wake up at night and just say "ma ma!", crawl over towards me (I'm just 2 inches away) and plunge her head into my chest or on top of my belly and go back to sleep as I caress her hair. Don't know why but that's just so special to me....just to be there when she needs comfort in the middle of the night One night I woke to find her kneeling on the floor, knees tucked into her belly with her head on my belly, (matress on floor). So precious
I LOVE comforting my daughter at night as well
Shes 7 weeks old now, but since she was about a week old, she's been waking up from what I guess are nightmares. She will be fast asleep and suddenly let out a shriek and start to cry - still asleep!

I'll snuggle her close to me and she just clings to me with her tiny hands as if her life depended on it, sobbing and nuzzling into me while I sing softly to her and stroke her hair. It's so sweet! It makes me feel like Super Mom and I can rescue her from anything.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page