September Mommas--Its May - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2008, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woo-hoo! I started the thread!

As we all shake off the shiver of winter and early spring, let's welcome the warmer days of May (yes, this could be wishful thinking on my part).

Aili is getting to be a pro at this "pee-pee on the pott-ay" thing. She went before bed last night, was dry this morning, went in the potty, and then proceeded to wet a diaper 10 minutes later I don't know why she always does that, but we are still thrilled and know that she's getting the idea.

So ladies, any big plans for this month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM

Happy Beltane to those who celebrate it

I really dont have much to report....we have been busy with gardening and baby chicks. Cian is starting to pull up on everything. He cut his first tooth a couple of days ago but I think he has three to go still as his top and bottom gums are still very swollen and I see buds. He is a pretty cranky teether for otherwise being such a happy guy!

Even though its May and supposed to be 80 here today, dd has winter on her mind. She is running through the dust that shows up in the sunlight by windows yelling "snow snow its snowing inside"

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Happy Beltane, greenmagick! We're off to have a children's service for it at our UU.

Happy May!!

Good journey to all of those traveling, smoothe transitions for those moving, as well.

Blessings, mamas!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM

Finally caught the thread on the first day and first page! Too good an opportunity to pass up. Lucy's working on crawling but hasn't quite coordinated the hand/knee efforts, so she usually manages to squiggle her way around a bit. She's had some grumpy stretches in the past two weeks when I thought her top teeth might be coming in but no sign of them yet. Lack of sleep is grating on me--she sleeps and isn't actually waking up to nurse as much as she had been (ie every 45 min to hour), but she's been very squirmy during the night. We have a crib sidecarred to the bed and she naps in there just fine and had been doing pretty good in there most of the night, but now she'll wake up in the crib, won't nurse until I pull her into bed and snuggle and/or nurse her, then half an hour later will squirm until I either roll us over to the other side or lay her back in the crib. We're dealing with some dry, rashy face issues (posted a thread here the other day), and the lotions/ointments/creams I've tried in the past few days haven't seemed to help much so I'm examining my diet. I had already cut down my dairy intake (unintentionally) to almost nothing (cheese or yogurt every few days, maybe), but realized in the several weeks that her face has been at its worst, I've been having peanutbutter toast for breakfast every day...so today I started having oatmeal instead. We're taking it pretty slow with the solids for her, generally only once or twice a week. She acts eager to eat and doesn't seem to dislike things, really, but once she's actually got it in front of her, she's happy to just play with her spoon, lol. My mom (who's been very supportive of our decisions, agreeing with most and saying, "Well that's not what I would do but you're the mama and you're the one doing the research!" on the rest) has been harping on with, "I think she's hungry!" lately. 'K, thx, ma. She's nursing as much as ever and growing like a weed, not fussy at all until she gets tired--I think the teething is more likely the culprit than hunger!

Guess that's the news for us! Dh is planning to start biking to work within the next week which will leave me the car (and save us a chunk of money on gas!). I don't think we'll go out a whole lot since we're generally homebodies and take walks to the park at the end of the street, but I think I'll feel a bit less cooped up on days when I just need adult human contact and can go out to find it! We had a stretch of really warm days and then it's been a little chilly again (which I don't mind, but the cold/wind also makes her face worse and I don't have a baby ski mask to put on her ), so I'm looking forward to it being consistently warm out. C'mon, summer!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:04 PM

Is it really May already? That means my birthday is next month

Liam's sleep is all out of sorts. He goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 5:30, which would be 11 and 8:30 in NY time. Not so bad if we were in NY. I'm really trying to get him into a new routine but he gets sooooo tired around 7. His 4th tooth is still giving him some trouble as well.

I feel kind of out of place here because the weather is like a NY summer, but to the locals its still very much spring. So they're wearing pants and long sleeve shirts and we're wearing shorts and tee's in 70-80 degree weather It must be very obvious that we're not from around here.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 PM

ishy - we have been through the wringer on eczema/allergy issues with older children. In addition to diet and moisturizer we used a barrier cream when we were outside in the wind and such. I don't have one handy to recommend but thought I would shout out the idea.

Linus is tasting some food w/o rejection now but it is just a bit of a taste and I am really wanting to hold off a bit longer. (see above paragraph) I put chunks in the self feeder a couple of times last week. The timing not exactly at dinner but more when I am cooking in the kitchen and don't feel like it is a good idea to wear him. It is also not really self feeding and it is still a lot of sucking but oh well. Dh hates the thing saying he wouldn't want his food delivered through a nylon mesh so I told him to think of it as a toy.

It is good to hear from everyone.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
ishy - we have been through the wringer on eczema/allergy issues with older children. In addition to diet and moisturizer we used a barrier cream when we were outside in the wind and such. I don't have one handy to recommend but thought I would shout out the idea.
Thanks! If you happen to notice one that you'd recommend, please let me know. I've been using a tube of "white petroleum USP" that was in the bundle of stuff the hospital gave us when we're out in the wind. Unfortunately, there was one particular day when it was windy and a bit chilly several weeks ago and that was really the start of it being as bad as it is (before that, she'd just get rosy when she was too warm or nursing), and I hadn't thought to put anything on her that day. After that, I try to make sure she's got it on before we go outside, but it's like it's just not clearing up even when we haven't been outside. She looks better this morning but in the late afternoon the past two days, it looks so painful! All dry and rough, poor little muffin. Maybe ditching the peanut butter will help.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:07 PM

HEY HEY, IT'S MAY! (and it is currently snowing here

we've made it another month, and ro is 8 months on sunday! there's no sign of crawling yet, but she loves standing and is becoming more and more daring with it.

we had a serious bout with her eczema on her arms and legs, and once she stopped eating carrots... it's cleared up considerably. carrots? really? is my baby sensitive to carrots??? i've been keeping a nut-free diet because trev is SO allergic.

she is getting so awesome with solids. she LOVES food. she's figured out with avocado and banana that she can take a handful, squeeze her fist, and one piece will pop out the top for her convenient consumption. it's so funny when she keeps her food in a little pile by her elbow to scoop and squeeze.

and i just finished a bag of two-bite brownies in one day. : yeah, i'm not so good with resisting sweets.

we have two little white dots as her top left tooth descends.

what's your plan for mother's day?

it's my first 'real' mother's day, and i think we're going to a 'breakfast for boobs' benefit dinner at our local greasy spoon. it supports breast cancer research, and i get yummy pancakes for dinner and all my favorite people will be there.

i'll be back with pictures later.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 05-01-2008, 02:55 PM

Hi Everyone!

Its snowing here too. Bah!

Eczema: Otto has this as well. As a barrier cream we use Aquafor right now. It seems to work pretty well. I'm now generally able to keep the stuff in check with moisturizer and the occasional VERY THIN layer of hydracortizone (sp).

Solids: He's getting into them more every day. I gave him some organic "Purely O's" (like cheerios) the other day and he LOVED them. It took him a little while to figure out how to get one off the tray and into his mouth because they are pretty small but now he is an old pro. I've also been using the mesh feeder- I put frozen baby cubes (that I make for his daycare) in there and he goes to town. Its wonderful for times, like mommajb said, when I am cooking and its not safe to babywear. Plus he seems to really like it!

No plans for Mother's Day so far...I hinted to DH that I would LOVE an Ergo baby carrier (used) so we'll see if that bears any fruit. Otherwise, being able to sleep in and maybe going out to breakfast sounds like a lurverly day to me

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

Old 05-01-2008, 05:35 PM

Faliciagayle Yeah, he is really close to walking, but he’ll also be 10 months tomorrow so I figure it is about that time. I’m just holding my breath. He is so rough and I just get so scared he’s really going to get hurt one of these times!

Wendi I have heard Montessori is wonderful. I hope to be able to get into a close one when DS is the right age. I’m so glad it is working for you!! : to feel better!!

Katie Welcome home!! I hope you continue to like your new surroundings. So glad you and your family made it safely. Sorry about your mom, that really stinks.

Mommajb I told DH that come hell, high water, or more diarrhea I am going to my tattoo appointment Saturday afternoon…I don’t care – I will be there!! He said he wouldn’t stop me, no matter what after the argument we got into this weekend. I am enjoying the process (despite the pain) so I don’t want to rush it, but am anxious to see it completed too.

Wendi Thanks. I think she is such a sweetheart. She’s adorable too. DH asked me if she and I were “an item” and if we were it was rude of me not to invite him to watch. What a pig…I swear. Who says things like that!?

Sabo Thanks for starting the new thread…I can’t believe it is May already! :

Leanbh I love that mother’s day idea!! I wish I had something cool, and wonderful, to go to. We’re just doing brunch at my mom’s and dinner at my MIL’s…oh yay. I thought this holiday was about mom’s and now that I am one I got a say in that??!! Oh right, again, joke’s on me!!

Hiya ladies!! Happy May!! It totally snuck up on me because April FLEW!! WTH?! I have no idea where it went.

Marty was a complete angel this morning. He went to daycare smiling and happy. He only woke once last night to nurse. Someone pinch me…this is SO not my life

I hope you are all off to a wonderful start this month. I am getting ready to leave work and go rescue my little man from daycare…yay!! My favorite part of the day!! :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 05-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Happy May! Happy Beltane! It is sunny here today!!!!!

Dahlia was up all night with a fever and cough. I finally broke down and gave a dose of advil because she was just miserable and I needed some sleep. I got two hours. Today my voice is almost gone and I sound like an old man smoker. I have tons of homework today so have to run do it while Dahlia is napping.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Wendi
Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishyfishie View Post
Thanks! If you happen to notice one that you'd recommend, please let me know. I've been using a tube of "white petroleum USP" that was in the bundle of stuff the hospital gave us when we're out in the wind. Unfortunately, there was one particular day when it was windy and a bit chilly several weeks ago and that was really the start of it being as bad as it is (before that, she'd just get rosy when she was too warm or nursing), and I hadn't thought to put anything on her that day. After that, I try to make sure she's got it on before we go outside, but it's like it's just not clearing up even when we haven't been outside. She looks better this morning but in the late afternoon the past two days, it looks so painful! All dry and rough, poor little muffin. Maybe ditching the peanut butter will help.
I had forgotten all about the steroids and I have no idea how because I am currently having to use them on me to clear up some terrible hives that just won't go away. The reason I don't have any rec is that I never found a product that was what I wanted. I too fell back on the petro products. As I type this I wonder what Badger Balm has to offer. They have so many different products.

Ack! I have too much help at the keyboard this afternoon. Lactivist, I hope Dahlia and you both are feeling better. Now get your schoolwork done!

Hmm, mother's day. Oh yeah, ds1 has his piano recital that afternoon so I am hosting all and sundry. I'll try to make it a nice day for my mom because I know I'll feel the stress.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:09 PM

I forgot to mention that Alba Botanicals has an UnPetroleum Jelly. It is like a vaseline consistency but with no petro products. It is really nice and is a great barrier. Available through Frontier.
Wendi
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, mamas!

SNOW? It's in the 80s here!

I just took some videos of Judah showing off his new tricks: crawling, pulling up, and playing with things standing up. He's into everything! And he keeps falling, of course, and bonking his head and sobbing. Sometimes it seems like he's crying more from frustration, "It happened AGAIN!!" than from really being hurt, kwim? Though I'm also afraid his poor head is sore and bruised. I've put Bumps'n'Bruises ointment on his forehead and that's helped keep the bruising away there. I gave him oral arnica last night and he spit it all up.

He's actually spitting up pretty frequently now, so I'm starting to wonder ore about possible allergies. No solids yet!

I'm seriously considering a stationary entertainer thingy because he is SO active and SO mobile. Last night I could barely move the laundry for him falling and crying and needing help over and over. I've never had one, but he tried one out at BRU and really liked it. I liked that most of the toys were fabric, not plastic.

I really can't believe it's May! Judah turned 7m on Sunday. He seems SO big (as we're nak and he's spread put with a foot on the desk!) and now here we are, closer to 1yr than to his birth! Sometimes I still miss being preggo, tho.

Well, I think he's just about out, which means it's time for a shower. Too bad he won't sleep more than about 30m at a time!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 PM

hi ladies!
dh started his business today - exciting and scary. tomorrow i have to go to the accountant so she can make sure i have my payroll stuff set up right, and i have a few accounting questions for her, too. i've been sooo busy with this stuff and i hate it. i'm hoping that very soon it will settle down and won't be too much work, but the setting up and organizing stuff is just awful. i'd much rather be playing with my kids. next week dh starts his other job - 2 1/2 days a week, but three hours from here. he'll drive down sunday night and come back wednesday afternoon. he's renting a room there. i'm going to have myself a little pity party when it's me vs. 3 kids for those days. jamison's been clingy and fighting sleep, which makes everything harder, and she really wants to stand all the time, but she's not good enough to do that without help. in fact, she's calling me now. gotta go.

Mama to three  
Old 05-01-2008, 09:17 PM

Wishing you and your dh massive success in your new venture. What kind of business is it? I haven't been getting much done around here either because Dahlia is wanting to be held all the time. This too shall pass!
Wendi
Old 05-02-2008, 01:53 AM

Hey mamas. I've been so busy with work and the kids that it seems like I only get to post about once a month..anyway..

Lila will be 8 months on Saturday, where did the time go!? She is my little diva drama queen. Totally opposite of how my 3.5 year old son was a baby, he was always so content wherever he was and she must have me in her sight AT ALL TIMES or she freaks out. Lol. If for one second someone isn't looking at her or talking to her she lets you know that it's NOT OKAY. Love loves LOVES 24/7 attention and is such a sweet little cuddler. So far no teeth but I swear she has been teething for months. DS had 4 teeth by 8 months but hey, every baby is different obviously. She tries to scoot backwards a little but mostly gets where she wants to go by rolling around. She's loving the solids, all kinds but right now she has a little cold so she's been on all breastmilk for the past day.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
Old 05-02-2008, 12:04 PM

Wendi- I hope you and your LO both feel better soon.

Heather- I just ordered arnica from Frontier because of all the bruises too. Oh, it is frustrating! We both want to cry sometimes! Yesterday he gave himself a nice black eye (oh, so pretty) when he clunked his eye into the edge of the table. It seems like it is something every day.

Jeanine- : I hope the business works well for you guys!! That IS exciting

Maylea Moon- IKWYM with the teething for months…I envy these LO’s that just wake up with teeth without any fuss. My LO has too been teething FOR-EH-VER!! He has 2 on the bottom in the middle and his 2 top “fangs” broke through yesterday, but seem to have stopped.

So my lil’ man is 10 months old today…:! I can’t believe this is real. How did he get so old??? I mean he was just born last week, right?! I swear it feels like I blinked and now he is almost walking. Wow.

I’m home today, working, but mommying too and that is all that matters in my world! I love these days so much!! Have a super day mamas!! :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 05-02-2008, 01:41 PM

I may need to get some arnica for myself! Liam kicks me in the legs when he nurses and I have big bruises all over my thighs

Liam will be 8 months on the 8th. I have a feeling he will be an early walker because he's been standing unassisted for a few seconds at a time. He tries to push to standing when he's in a crawling position, kind of like a downward facing dog pose. We're still adjusting to the time zone change here, it always hits me hard but doesn't bother Andrew at all. Usually around 8pm I crash. I got Liam to sleep in until 6:30 this morning so that was nice. Hopefully he gets back to his 8am routine soon.

Liam's top lateral incisor is still just hanging out and hasn't pushed through all the way yet, but he's also working on other top teeth so I think they may be joining it soon. I think this weekend we're going to make a trip to one of the surrounding town's that is an artist's colony and kind of like a hippy village, should be fun. We might go to Tombstone this weekend as well. There is so much more to do here than NY, I'm really digging it.

Good luck Jeanine!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 05-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
I may need to get some arnica for myself! Liam kicks me in the legs when he nurses and I have big bruises all over my thighs
Otto does that exact thing. And its always really bad at like 5 am when I'm trying to just sleep. Grrrrr

So you guys all know how much I wish I could be a SAHM or even a WAHM...Anyway, I have decided to go into a home based business! It definately won't allow me to quit my job right away or anything but maybe in a year or two...who knows? Anyway, I did tons of research and picked one that I feel good about so wish me luck! I'm kind of excited!

Oh, and we have 3" of snow here today and it is blizzarding right now. I love Wyoming.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirdbrain View Post
So you guys all know how much I wish I could be a SAHM or even a WAHM...Anyway, I have decided to go into a home based business! It definately won't allow me to quit my job right away or anything but maybe in a year or two...who knows? Anyway, I did tons of research and picked one that I feel good about so wish me luck! I'm kind of excited!
WOW!!! That is so exciting. I hope it is a great success and you can be home sooner rather than later. What kind of business is it? I need to find some sort of work I can do but with four kids that isn't easy.
Wendi
Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 AM

jdbirdbrain: Congrats on the decision to open your own business. Hope all goes well and you are home with your LO soon.

Katie: Glad to hear Liam is sleeping a little better for you. That's a big transition time-wise.

Mrs.B: Can't wait to see the final pics of your tattoo!

Glad to hear the updates on all the babes! I've been so busy lately. And Georgia is growing and hitting milestones by leaps and bounds the last couple of weeks. She is still not truly crawling, just doing an "army crawl", but she has learned to pull up and cruise around most anything. Like some of you mentioned, she's had several hard knocks lately. I try to keep very close to her but sometimes she just falls over with no warning. It's so fun seeing her get mobile. She's really starting to expand on her solids too. This morning she had eggs and seemed to like them pretty well. Last night I went out with a couple of friends and DH fed her some Cheerios. I wasn't too thrilled, but he said she liked them. Oh well...

Where did 8 mths go???
Old 05-04-2008, 02:20 PM

Did I kill the thread?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:25 PM

Where is everybody? You all must be having nice weather

We did a little sight seeing yesterday. We went to Bisbee, which is kind of like an artists' colony/hippy village. I found a place that sold wooden toys and got a few for Liam. Also got my mom a mother's day gift of these really pretty hand-made Arizona turquoise earings. I think she's really going to love them.

We also went to Tombstone and watched the OK Corral gunfight re-enactment. It was kind of cheesy but still fun. Liam had a great time all day and even the fake gun shots didn't bother him (which surprised me because he usually hates loud noises).

Not sure what we have planned for today, there's a folk music festival in Tucson so we might head over there. There's a cinco de mayo festival going on here in town so we may check that out as well.

Here are a few pictures of what Liam has learned how to do, some good and some not so good:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/Laundry2.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/Laundry1.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...j34/Potty1.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...j34/Potty2.jpg

Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 PM

LOL Katie, love those pictures! I looked over the last few pages of the April thread and holy cow, I can't believe how mobile all these babies are! Lucy's getting really committed to crawling (she's mastered going backwards and can do forwards/sideways using just her knees, with her top half on the floor) and ended up awake for most of last night. : She'd nurse until she was soooo close to asleep, then roll onto her tummy and push up on her hands and knees and start trying to crawl. We've had some issues over the past week or two with her spending 1-2 hours awake in the middle of the night, so dh usually gets up with her for a bit to let me sleep, but wow...last night was the worst night for sleeping since she was a newborn. I didn't even FALL asleep until 5 am, dh was up from 2 am to 8 am with her, then brought her back in and she started the whole process all over again so I just gave up and got up with her while dh went back to bed. My mom took her (she lives upstairs) and I got to go back to bed for an hour and a half before she was ready for a nap, so she's still asleep now. Do sleep habits get better or worse once they're mobile???

But yeah, holy cow with these babies standing and cruising! Lucy is trying to pull herself up to sitting, using whatever she can reach, but isn't quite sitting unassisted either. She loves to stand and dance if we hold her so she's standing on the floor, but standing by herself and cruising still seem pretty far away for us! I took some cute videos last night though of her dancing and her crawling efforts, so I'll post links when I get those uploaded.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM

i have lots of pictures of kids unwinding the whole toilet paper roll luckily none of jamison yet. she will be 8 months tomorrow. she's figured out how to roll places, but no crawling of any sort yet. ds learned to crawl on his 8 month bday, so it looks like she'll be later than him. i'm kinda glad, i'm not ready to baby-proof, although she'd be happier if she could get where she wants. she loves to stand, but hasn't fully mastered pulling up. she can do it sometimes, but usually needs help.

it was beautiful here yesterday, but we were at dh's office. he had some work to do, and i had some work to do, and neither of us got finished. we went to a pizza place for lunch when the kids got hungry, and while we're sitting there eating, a pickup pulled up front with a computer desk in the back (the pizza place is next to the thrift store). well, i need a computer desk (the large moving box isn't cutting it anymore). dh is thinking about going out there to buy it before it gets into the thrift store, but he's not really in the mood to approach some random person. then he says "i wonder if that's A and L? It kinda looks like their truck." Sure enough, it is. So he goes and talks to them, and gets the desk and 2 ceiling fans (for our yet-to-be-built garage) for $50. Plus, they delivered it to our house (which is like ten miles out of town - probably $6 in gas, round trip) because they wanted to see our house because they are the people we bought the property from. So, i got a nice big computer desk with a file drawer in it and i'm so excited! dh pulled some phone wire under the house and over to the wall by it, now he just has to go buy a jack and install that and i'll be able to sit there while i'm on the internet (right now i'm standing at the bar). that's going to get a lot of clutter off our counter, yay! and a week ago dh got a 4 drawer file cabinet for $10 at a garage sale. more clutter gone, yay!

wendi - dh is a dentist. he was working at the hospital, but they let him go two months ago. so we've been scrambling to get him his own practice up and running. and he'll be working at a hospital three hours from here part-time for a few months. he starts that tomorrow . i'm doing the payroll and bookkeeping for his new practice. well, i'm supposed to be, but yeah, it's hard with kids. homeschooling? not really happening the past few weeks. i'm hoping once i have all my stuff set up it won't take so much time, but the setting up part is just a nightmare.

katie - i want to go to a folk music fest in tucson! i have a friend who lives there and i miss her and a folk music fest sounds awesome! there's a little festival here called "miner's days" and they have fake gun-fights there. we went when we first moved here, when ds was just-turned-two, and it scared him, and he still hates it. we've never been back, but if we ask him if he wants to go to miner's days he says "No!!! It's too loud!" (He's almost seven - what a memory, huh?)

jbirdbrain - has your weather improved?

falicia - thinking of you during your end-of-school rush

Mama to three  
Old 05-04-2008, 06:03 PM

hey. i'm around...it's been kinda ugh around here....

packing is NOT going...i just can't get motivated to do it bc i don't want to move.....bc i know we will be moving again in a year...we just got everything unpacked here....

lilah is crazy clingy.......and nursing almost nonstop. she's kinda chill now though but only bc i gave in and put in a baby einstein dvd so i could have a few....

her sister is a banshee these days.....soooooooooo wound up all the time....

i really need to catch up.

i came on today for some selfish reasons though...

i need alot of prayers for some friends of mine.

my friend Stace just had a sweet baby girl 9 days ago and she's been in the hospital for the past 3 with a really bad case of RSV...they are trying to figure out where she picked it up and mama can only think she left the hospital with it bc they've been there and home. that's it....they brought her into the ER the other day bc she turned blue at the ped office (next door).....her oxygen levels (?) were in the 70s....

and my friend who was going to have the section 6wk early, her water broke in a gush this morning so she's in the hospital. they are trying to stop labor but nothing is working. the babies are 29wks....

so, just general freaking out. if i weren't nursing, i'd drown myself in margaritas bc tomorrow is CINCO DE MAYO!!

anyhoo.....gonna go lay down with my baby......

love you all.....
Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Katie- OMG! I just love the pics of Liam and the laundry/potty. Too adorable!

Jeanine- Woo hoo on the desk! What an awesome deal!!

Sunshine- mama! I hope everything turns out ok with your friend. That poor LO. Oh, I can’t even imagine.

Jbirdbrain- Oh, I hope that works out for you!! How exciting! : for good luck on your new endeavor and NO more snow!! That is just insanity!

This weekend was crazy, but really good. Yesterday I went and…drum roll please…got my tattoo finished! I am so happy with it!! I took some pics and they came out pretty good, but it is only the day after and she got a lot done yesterday, so I’m pretty swollen and gooey still. I’ll take a few more after I go back for touch ups to really put the finishing touches on it, but I am thrilled to pieces! I have all of the stages here:
1st Sitting – Outline
2nd Sitting – Some Color
3rd Sitting – All Done!
3rd Sitting – All Done!

Last night DH and I finally went out for our anniversary (it was 4/22 ) and we ended up at a different restaurant than planned because the one we were going to go to had a really long wait. Anyway, the place was soooooo yummy!! Awesome Italian food and really expensive, but worth the fanciness the one time a year we do it! Unfortunately DS was still up when we came home and waaaay overtired since it was over 2 hours past his bedtime. My mom said he just wouldn’t go to sleep – crying hysterically, so I was just grateful she didn’t let him CIO. I would have LOST it big time!!

Today was good too…we got all of our plants, trees, and veggies/fruit planted and that was a humungous job!! DH and I took turns trying to get DS down for a nap which never really happened so we were working individually outside taking turns watching him and at one point I was planting with him on my back in the carrier. Let me tell you…not fun, he is NOT light! Now he has this really nasty hacky cough and is wheezing a little…I am sooo not happy about that! I hope it is just an allergy thing because we were around so many plants and turning soil, but deep down I don’t think it is. I really don’t want him to be sick…he is so miserable. Poor baby. Please send us your : we could use ‘em

Hope everyone else is enjoying the last hours of their weekends…I hate that about Sundays! :

Mighty-Mama
Old 05-05-2008, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

jbirdbrain: Congrats and good luck with the new business.

sunshine's mama: Praying that everything is ok for both of your friends' babies. It really does make you want to hug and kiss your little ones more.

mrsb: Your tattoo is lovely. What a wonderful tribute.

Katie: What funny pics. Aili isn't really standing yet, but her squeaky shoes just arrived the other day, so I can't wait for her to start trying to stand and stomp more often.

We are longing for the warm spring weather. It was here and has retreated. I'm sick of this :

Aili has been smacking her head lately, when crawling or occasionally tipping over. She only cried twice though, so I guess it sounds like she's hitting it harder than she really is.

The other day she gave me a hickey above my nipple. She was a little overanxious for mealtime. She has been a pro at peeing on the potty; she gets so excited when she does it, but today she wasn't interested in the potty. Oh well. Good night ladies.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
She has been a pro at peeing on the potty; she gets so excited when she does it, but today she wasn't interested in the potty. Oh well. Good night ladies.

You inspired me! We have been taking a big potty break and I decided to try this morning after reading this and she went! Woohoo! Hopefully we are back on the potty train.
Wendi

User Tag List