February 08 - Bring Out Your May Flowers! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 379 Old 05-24-2008, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Robin was totally weird yesterday!! She took a HUGE midday nap and then refused to sleep for several hours. She usually naps every 2 hours but was up from 3:30 until 9:30 almost without a break. This would be FINE if she wasn't totally fussy and ACTING sleepy the entire time! She really didn't want to settle down.

She's acting more normal today, so hopefully that was just a fluke. :
Kaia gets up every week day around 9am, has a couple 5 - 10 minute post-nurse naps throughout the day, and does not take a real nap again until around 7:30 or 8:30 at night. For some reason she sleeps in a bit more on weekends, I think because mum and dad are both still in bed, hehe. There was a time when she took naps! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist33 View Post
She is so sweet! I've had some *not as pleasant* hand signals while nursing, lol
She looks a lot like you, she has your dimple! How old are your others?
Stacy (Ocean's mom)
She is our only one The other little guy that's in my Flickr pictures is my nephew, Ion, who just turned one. He's awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthmommom View Post
Is there anyway I can get away with pumping every other day...or it has to be everyday for my body to get it.
Pretty sure it has to be every day, I'm afraid. What may help in immediately upping your supply is fenugreek. I get it whole and bulk, grind and encapsulate it, but you can get it already done up. I have used it like that before and it worked just as well. It has been a life saver for me and for many other BFing women I know. Just don't use it for extended periods of time or it will stop working for you.

I can't imagine how hard it is, :

Thank you all for the picture compliments ! : We're off to the cabin thingy until we're not sure when. Whenever we decide to come back Keeping our fingers crossed for a peaceful drive and nice weather!

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#302 of 379 Old 05-24-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
When the hospital threw away my placenta... well... I don't think I will EVER come to terms with that. I honestly feel like there is a giant hole in my being.
s:
Mine's in the freezer still :-) The midwife left it in a clear ziplock, but I finally put it into a colored grocery bag so that I didn't see it every time I opened the freezer door. As soon as I work up enough nerve, I'll plant a life tree with it - I'm just terrified that his life tree will die (nothing I've planted has EVER lived!) Does anyone know of a tree that won't, under any circumstances, die?

In all seriousness, I would've been heartbroken if someone had taken it from me. I'm sorry for your loss! Maybe you can plant a life tree in memory of the placenta?
#303 of 379 Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM

I'm pretty new to this forum, and I'm excited to find other moms with babies the same age as my little guy.

He's sick today - he has a cold and is all snotty and cranky. I've just sat around nursing him all day (I did manage to put him down for about three minutes a few hours ago, long enough to pee and eat! Yay!). Poor little guy - he's so pitiful! He's a dream baby when he isn't sick, though!

There's pictures of him on my blog: www.lifewithjeremiah.blogspot.com
#304 of 379 Old 05-24-2008, 08:45 PM

Jerimiahsmommy...welcome
I was looking at your blog...I am so glad someone else has a Bumbo chair!

I also see that you live in Wake County, NC...where do you live? My dh and I just moved to Ga from Raleigh and our little Henry was born at Wake Med Cary with a midwife. That is so cool that you had your baby at home, in the water, and breach no less...congratulations!!! My birthdaughter was born at Wake Med Raleigh...huge place!

anyhoo...love the blog and welcome again!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#305 of 379 Old 05-24-2008, 08:48 PM

So i got a Johnny jumpup type thing for Henry today!!! see blog for pics!

I hope he likes it...he hasn't quite figured it out yet.

I want to say thank you to all the mamas in our ddc...you all are so supportive. I know I posted my problem on all of our connections but I was so stressed last night. I have pumped 3 bottles today, and will pump one more time in the am tomorrow and that is what will go to MIL's house and if that isn't enough...he can eat when i get there...

thanks again for the support.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#306 of 379 Old 05-24-2008, 09:55 PM

birthmommom !!!!!!!!!!!!
I soooo commend you for pumping -- I absolutely hate it, I find it painful and frustrating because I am never able to get a lot of milk. So, I have nothing but the highest amount of respect for women who pump for their babies.
I switched to formula when Jackson was 6 months because I hated pumping so much :
Nellah has yet to have any expressed breast milk -- there's 6 oz in our freezer in case of emergency...and I've put my pump away. I'm hoping to bf her until she's a year and can drink rice milk out of a sippy canteen.

Quote:
I'm pretty new to this forum, and I'm excited to find other moms with babies the same age as my little guy.

He's sick today - he has a cold and is all snotty and cranky. I've just sat around nursing him all day (I did manage to put him down for about three minutes a few hours ago, long enough to pee and eat! Yay!). Poor little guy - he's so pitiful! He's a dream baby when he isn't sick, though!

There's pictures of him on my blog: www.lifewithjeremiah.blogspot.com

Your little guy is too cute -- love the picture of him in mid scream!

I just got a bumbo for Nellah as well -- she seems confused by it, and does this super-straight-back-starfish-kinda thing when she's in it, and I'm afraid she's going to pop out, so she only stays in it for a minute or two during the day.

She's been sleeping a crazy amount lately...I think it's the teething and all the fresh air! Whatever it is, I'm not jinxing it -- Jackson didn't sleep through the night on a consistent basis until he was 2.5. She's been doing it for almost two months now! It's lovely
#307 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Dea

Hi JeremiahsMommy! I'm glad you found us, I think this is a pretty amazing group! And I love blogs! mine is www.thetweedles.net
I loved your post about formula and breastfeeding. I agree whole heartedly!

So an update on my little foray with what I'm calling my formula wars.
I started Trixie on Earth's best, the organic one from Whole Foods, and it gave Trixie crazy gas, she was farting so loud I thought it was DH! And it was stinky, and her burps and poops got stinky, so I decided to try some of the regular brands and I read the labels to make sure that there wasn't much sugar and I bought Nestle's Goodstart and Enfamil so I could taste them both. Oh Mamas, formula is NASTY! The Goodstart actually made me gag, which is HARD to do, then the Enfamil was a little better but still tastes so bad! However out of the Goodstart and Earth's best is tastes the best of the 3. The Similac organic tastes the best of them all, but it's 'cause it's so sweet.
Oh my formula guilt is high tonight. I feel so bad that she has to endure this stuff.

On a side note I've always read that breast milk is sweeter than formula and I thought that mine must be lacking in some form because it's not as sweet at all compared to her formula, but I guess it's casue I was comparing it to the sugary similac. Now I know it's okay... so that makes me feel good. Now if I can just produce more. I almost want to get pregnant right now just so that my hormones can kick in and hopefully that can help in some manner, but then it might not be until I have another baby and then Trixie can get some of my bm. Do you think she can still reap the benefits if she is 18 months when she can get some??? What if I can produce with the 2nd child and I only get enough for one (I'm not counting on every being able to produce enough to exclusivly bf a child) should I share between Trixie and the new baby? Or is there a window of when the bm is good for a baby? I understand that it changes with the development of a baby, but I would love for Trixie to get some of the benefits.
On the same note if I do join milk share and the mom that is kind enough to help me has a toddler will her milk be okay for Trixie?

okay sorry for all of the questions...

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#308 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Dea

Oh yeah I have a bumbo for Trixie too, she loves it. We do our reading when she's in it.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#309 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 03:14 AM
Dea

I"m trying to sort out my signature.... what am I doing wrong?

Oh I've figured it out...
check it out!

#310 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Aargh. You know how I said my life had gone quiet and boring? Read this
you know what? my mom once had a neighbor that was crazy about harassing us because she thought we had too many animals. three dogs and two cats. and one time she left this anonymous letter on the porch with a story about a crazy cat lady that had a house full of cat poo and like 100 cats. which just totally relates to my family, right?

anyhoo, we all hated her and then she died of a brain tumor.

so, i'd seriously consider getting the man's health checked. maybe my anonymous phone call?

eh. who needs a signature?
#311 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 04:04 PM

and welcome to jeremiah's mommy!

eh. who needs a signature?
#312 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 PM

Hi all.

I haven't been posting as I've been pretty down about our breastfeeding issues (long story short: posterior tongue tie, thrush, bubble palate, constant pain, baby not gaining, having to supplement as he truly was not thriving; we're seeing an OT and a CST next week, and I am trying to stay positive). DS is teeny-bitty for his age (12 lbs even, and that's a huge improvement over where we were a month ago) and not nearly as strong as some of your stropping babies, and as a result he is meeting milestones slowly. I think he is going to be a little delayed for a while on physical stuff. He's just busy catching up, YK? We've also gone really far backwards on terms of sleep, but oh well. 4-month-olds aren't known for being restful...

He's a sweet, sweet thing, though, with a great disposition. He loves to "talk" and has quite a voice in him for such a wee man. Everyone always comments on his very bright and thoughtful eyes--gorgeous blue star sapphires, says me, like his sister's.

Here's my sweet string bean:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ent=325024.jpg

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#313 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Now if I can just produce more. I almost want to get pregnant right now just so that my hormones can kick in and hopefully that can help in some manner, but then it might not be until I have another baby and then Trixie can get some of my bm. Do you think she can still reap the benefits if she is 18 months when she can get some??? What if I can produce with the 2nd child and I only get enough for one (I'm not counting on every being able to produce enough to exclusivly bf a child) should I share between Trixie and the new baby? Or is there a window of when the bm is good for a baby? I understand that it changes with the development of a baby, but I would love for Trixie to get some of the benefits.
On the same note if I do join milk share and the mom that is kind enough to help me has a toddler will her milk be okay for Trixie?

okay sorry for all of the questions...

Well...
Pregnancy actually isn't known for its milk-increasing qualities. Some women lose their milk during-- even some as soon as they get pregnant, others later. Milk will also change taste (sometimes encouraging toddlers to wean) and eventually changes to colostrum. I think I was dry for a few weeks during my pregnancy, but it didn't stop P from nursing. It does stop some kids, though.

I am not totally aware of what your low supply issues are. Toddlers are fine with newborn milk-- it's just fattier than toddler milk. They may gain some weight at first, but it will even out. I would think you would want to get milk on milkshare from a baby closest to Trixie in age, though.

I think that if you have another baby you will have to decide how you want to "share" the milk. Maybe having both of them nurse will be enough to up your supply. Maybe you would want to reserve the majority of the milk for the newborn since their system will be more sensitive. I don't know. I will say, though, that I know some toddlers have forgotten how to nurse if they haven't done it in a long time and their mother has another baby.

Dea, I know you're frustrated. But know that you are trying a million times harder than most anyone would. You're doing the best for Trixie. Be proud of yourself!

Other stuff--
I thought bumbo seats and johnny jumperoos were bad for development?
#314 of 379 Old 05-25-2008, 11:47 PM

I finally made it over to the LWAB forum and am so happy to see all you FEB08 ddc mamas. The pictures of your little ones are amazing-- I can see their little personalities starting to appear.

I was about to write a nice, long catch-up but Gemma has awoken and needs some snuggling...so here's a link to her latest small-screen adventure and I'll try again soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4LOVrMU2Y

big change from one week old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_XM...eature=related

love to all your beautiful babes and to you
#315 of 379 Old 05-26-2008, 12:49 AM

I love all of the pics and videos. How did every single babe in our DDC wind up so adorable? Here's a short video of Peter - I never realized how silly I sound talking to him till I watched this!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Thanks for the hugs over my crappy sister. I'm feeling much better about it now and reminding myself that my kiddos have plenty of other people in their lives that love them and are interested in them. Her loss.

Huge hugs to all of our mamas having feeding issues. Dea, Selesai is correct; many toddlers can lose their ability to nurse incredibly quickly. Ds2 only weaned himself 3 months before Peter was born and when he wanted to nurse after watching Peter he could not latch properly. However...there's nothin' wrong with mama milk in a cup!

loraxc, I saw your thread in the breastfeeding forum, and I think that it's *very* wise to begin supplementing. You're doing what's best for your babe even if it hurts. *hugs*

Peter started swiping/batting at a hanging toy the other day, and today he discovered how to clasp his hands together in front.

Dh and I got to go out for dinner last night as his parents came to visit and offered to watch the littles (the 2 older kids were at their bio dad's house). That's only the 3rd time we've gone out alone in 2 years; it was great! Today was hiking in a forest and tomorrow is gardening. Love to all!

Oh, and flapjack, I'm sorry about the crap...that's so mean.

A happy woman
#316 of 379 Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM

A few great pics from the weekend:

The girls.

Me and the girls.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#317 of 379 Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM

Loraxc and Dea s

I have been FF my DD since she was 6 weeks. I applaud you for continuing to work through your BF issues. Switching to formula was so hard for me, but I was so worn out from the fighting that my BF attempts were bringing to my DD. We had several appointments with a LC and I think because of the early efforts the nipple confusion was too great and she never really accepted the breast after the first week, poor thing probably thought fingers supplied milk. It's a long story for me too, I never really posted about it on here cuz I was so sad, disappointed and kinda ashamed.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am here for you both and anyone else in our DDC that didn't get to have the BF relationship they so deeply desired. You can PM me or we can just keep up here in our LWAB thread, unfortunately I tend to lurk here more than I post. Just know you aren't alone and you are doing the best you can do for your little one.
#318 of 379 Old 05-27-2008, 03:23 AM

Great Pics Julie! Your family is beautiful!
#319 of 379 Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 AM

It's still odd to me that there are so many babies in this group who are artificially fed. I've never seen so many in one DDC here before.

I'm back from the burn. It was *insane*. I got four burner names (I'm told this is quite an accomplishment) and had an obscenely good time. Possibly too good a time. I'm glad I went, for the most part, and there's very very little I'd change. Mike is... processing. I'm processing too.

I think next year I'll do a kids theme area, because they'd ahve loved it. The Four Quarters kids kind of drafted me. I'm so looking forward to doing it again.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#320 of 379 Old 05-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I'm back from the burn. It was *insane*
Our own regional burn is coming up this weekend... in my backyard. (10 sq. mi. of salt flat)
I CAN'T WAIT!!! Do share your new playa names!!! I started as phoenix, then salt phoenix, then gypsy laSal: duchess of seabase, NOW? I'm liking Gypsy laSal: Migrant Bohemian. Such a mouthful.
Here's a biter tho; NO ONE under 21 this year... 'cept babes in arms... Ember gets to go, but my other two do not... BUMMER!!! They would have SO MUCH FUN!

To other PP's, I've been in the bfing problem boat as well for her entire 4mos. It really threw me for a spin after successfully extended bfing the other two. I know that we have spent 100's & 100's more on trying with little success than we would have just coming to terms with ff. And we STILL have to supplement from time to time. Perhaps it was the blow I needed to have a little more compassion with others about "not being able to bf". It really truly DOES happen... for WHATEVER reason, it happens. Believe me, I've been trying to figure out WHO to blame. But just can't come to any resolution about it. I know I have felt rotten for four entire months because we've had these problems. I don't have advice or help, because I still have issues with it myself. Just a

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#321 of 379 Old 05-27-2008, 03:18 PM

rynna, sounds great!
and julie, have fun!!
wish something fun was going on here, but no we are doing the same old thing...

but... jackson rolled over (front to back) for the first time today!! I think I was way more excited than he was
he's so active on his back I don't think back-to-front is far behind!

anyone else have a thumb-sucker on their hands? jackson loves to suck his thumb

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
#322 of 379 Old 05-27-2008, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Not only is his thumb delicious to him, but:

A. He will occasionally spit out my nipple to replace it with his thumb,
B. He will finish a lovely breastfeed session of nearly an hour's length and start sucking his thumb, and
C. Today he got both thumbs in his mouth and from his expression thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

I am going to have to have a serious conversation about oral fixations with this boy before he winds up with the pack a day habit I had in my 20s

This was the day he figured out that his fist was an option, he was not quite nine weeks old - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9388464...7604829018333/

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#323 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 AM

what a happy little guy you have! James is a big finger/thumb/fist sucker. Pretty much whatever he can get in his mouth. He's been getting his thumb in more and more lately. We do use a pacifier too but he doesn't want it too much.

Is anyone else gaining weight? I am trying to lose it (though I do need to excercise more) but keep gaining! I weight as much now as I did right before giving birth. This is very frustrating! I am nursing James full time (no bottles of anything) and Grace is nursing 2x a day as well. Come on, that's got to be a lot of calories, right? Anyone else struggling not only to lose weight but actually gaining?

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#324 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 03:07 AM

cash doesn't really suck on his thumb...i think he's trying to gum it to death. teeth soon, perhaps?

i'm hovering at preprego weight +15lbs. it's not coming off, and i've decided to keep it until we're done nursing. i might start working on my abs a little, just so my pants will fit. i'll work on the back fat and everything else later.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#325 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Dea

Trixie is a finger sucker too, she loves her middle and ring fingers... cracks me up every time.

peace_laughing thank you. I'll PM you...

#326 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
Do share your new playa names!!! I started as phoenix, then salt phoenix, then gypsy laSal: duchess of seabase, NOW? I'm liking Gypsy laSal: Migrant Bohemian. Such a mouthful.
Here's a biter tho; NO ONE under 21 this year... 'cept babes in arms... Ember gets to go, but my other two do not... BUMMER!!! They would have SO MUCH FUN!
I cannot imagine a rule forbidding anyone under 21 save babes in arms; Certainly not at Four Quarters. The Land kind of demands that children be safe. It's really weird, but I heard more than one person say that it was the most family-friendly burn they'd ever attended, and where the heck were all the kids? (There were very few-- the regulars, the children of staffers, and of course the little girl who lives there and with whom my son is in love ).

Ah, the playa names. So funny, because Scratch (the man who gave me the first one) called it a playa name, to which I responded, "How can I have a playa name when I've never been to the playa?!" In any case... I was Hickey. Hickey Shortlegs. Someone else called me Pollack (as in Jackson) but that didn't really stick, and Jack in the Green decided that I was The Black Widow. I'm sure that you can imagine a great many stories surrounding these names, all of which I most assuredly earned. It was Hickey Shortlegs, though. She was something else. She's asleep now, and she's going to stay that way for a looooooooong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
Bear is a bit of a thumb sucker; He seems, like Trixie, to prefer fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writerbird View Post

B. He will finish a lovely breastfeed session of nearly an hour's length and start sucking his thumb, and
C. Today he got both thumbs in his mouth and from his expression thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

I am going to have to have a serious conversation about oral fixations with this boy before he winds up with the pack a day habit I had in my 20s
BooBah was High Priestess of Thumbsuckers (still is). I have pictures of her at seven weeks old with the thumb in her mouth and there's none of that sideways, struggling business-- oh no, she was quite clearly a professional thumbsucker. BooBah nursed for food primarily; She liked to be near me, but she sucked her thumb for comfort. She self-weaned at 15 months, and would occasionally ask for a nursie. When I pulled out the boob, she would curl up, press her cheek against it, and stick her thumb in her mouth. So flipping cute. Meanwhile, BeanBean was still driving Matchbox cars over my boob while he nursed.

Bear is nothing like as proficient as BooBah when it comes to thumbsucking, though. By three months, it was clear that BooBah would have quite a habit to break.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#327 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
rynna, sounds great!
and julie, have fun!!
wish something fun was going on here, but no we are doing the same old thing...

but... jackson rolled over (front to back) for the first time today!! I think I was way more excited than he was
he's so active on his back I don't think back-to-front is far behind!

yay for jackson! I've got a little thumb-sucker on my hands over here. Grace found her thumb at about 3 months and is now rapidly closing in on 5 months(oh my GOD! 5 months!) and she's addicted. She does it mostly when she's bored or when she is tired but it's not unheard of for her to just pop her thumb in after nursing and look up at me and smile around it. I have ultrasound pics of her sucking her thumb and she's adament that plastic not touch her lips so I figured it was bound to happen. But her daddy is freaking out since he was a diehard thumbsucker(until 14!!!!!!!!!!! and he's 26 and sleeps with his fist on his face still ) and he's worried she'll go that route.
with mama
nap
outside

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#328 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writerbird View Post

This was the day he figured out that his fist was an option, he was not quite nine weeks old - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9388464...7604829018333/
so adorable! Grace doesn't spit out the nipple. She tries to get both the nipple AND the thumb in there all at once. Can't quite manage but I give her an A for effort. And she gets so angry when she can't do it too. Very cute!

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#329 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 AM

We're back too Good weekend, good scenery, things 1,2 and 3 were horrendously raucous and thig 4 gave up sleeping, bless his cotton socks.

Loraxc . You can do this.

Dea, I've been pregnant whilst nursing 5 times and every time my supply has dropped.The breastmilk banks over here take milk from mothers of toddlers though its only used in scbu, though...
Rynna, I want details. Processing WHAT, exactly?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#330 of 379 Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
Is anyone else gaining weight? I am trying to lose it (though I do need to excercise more) but keep gaining! I weight as much now as I did right before giving birth. This is very frustrating! I am nursing James full time (no bottles of anything) and Grace is nursing 2x a day as well. Come on, that's got to be a lot of calories, right? Anyone else struggling not only to lose weight but actually gaining?
yes!
Very odd, I lost ALL my baby weight within 2 weeks of Nellah's birth (seriously, I was as shocked as anyone!) But now I've gained at least 20lbs...
The only thing I can think is that I'm soooo hungry all the time and cannot help munching throughout the day. I'm joining a gym (signing up on Friday) and I walk every night after the kids are down for about an hour, but I keep gaining weight. Very frustrating.

And Nellah discovered her thumb yesterday and seems to be so much more content with the teething! It's so nice to see her be able to soothe herself -- still waiting for my teething necklace to arrive...

Nice to have you back Helen -- I empathize with the smoke-filled computer room, I have one at my dad's when I visit

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page