February 08 - Bring Out Your May Flowers! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2008, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
Rynna, is Bear saying words? I'm going to be amazed if you say yes! My older two started saying words at 8 months, and I thought that was early! Twyla coos and mimics, but not anything close to words yet!
He's got lots and lots of words. No sentences, though, and Bean had a few by this age. He's a regular chatterbox, though, and he knows what he means.

Quote:
Anyone starting to see cradle cap? We're just starting to see some. Boo. The other two had it pretty bad, so I figured Twyla would end up with it as well. Guess I was right.
The only one of my kids to have cradle cap was Bellatrix LeBella, and it went away forever only after I removed, of all things, white chocolate and soy from my diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Rynna, you're not crazy. Terran says words and has been doing so for absolutely ages. He's old enough to start learning some signing, but I almost don't see the point since he does such a great job with vocal communication. I thought my other kids were early, but not compared to my "dessert" baby.
BeanBean and BooBah both refused to sign at all. I'll never forget showing Bean a video when he was just a little fellow, and trying to get him to sign "girl." I was doing the sign, saying "Girl, girl!" over and over again and he kept looking from me to the tv and back again. Finally he gave me a look that said he'd given up trying to understand and said, "The girl is on a swing, mamma." That was when I gave up on trying to teach him to sign. BooBah used to just give me her intense, bemused BooBah stare. It's a look that should have a patent.

Quote:
His voice has really changed in the last little bit. His speaking voice is more masculine than I remember his brother's being (nobody is EVER going to mistake this kid for a girl, so I'm going to let his hair grow down to the ground and cover him with all sorts of cool boy-jewelry if it all looks as nice on him as his amber necklace) but I think he's going to be able to sing boy soprano parts every bit as beautifully as big bro used to,.
You know, I thought that Bean looked incredibly masculine, and had a very low voice, but he's pretty and people were always mistaking him for a girl. Over the winter, in his pink jacket and his favorite pink jeans, he was mistaken for a girl despite his nearly-bald head. They saw a girl with cancer before a boy in pink! "How long has she been sick?" "He's perfectly healthy, thanks."

Quote:
Turquoise looks good on ds1, so it probably looks horrid on Terran. Chris just gave me a HUGE bag full of the most fabulous...well, it's rejected teenager clothes, but they're 100% cotton jersey and the most incredible colours for Terran! Oranges and a bright yellow, as opposed to that insipid "I don't know the gender of this baby" pale urine shade that looks awful on him. I've come to the conclusion that any colour that looks good on Chris looks bad on Terran and vice versa.
It's certainly the case with BooBah and Bear, and to a lesser extent BooBah vs. BeanBean & Bella. BooBah is my only warmly-complected child. BeanBean & Bella are quite neutral (like me) and Bear is cool. So just about everything that looks good on BooBah looks ridiculous on the rest of us. Coral is the absolute WORST for everyone but her-- BooBah looks *spectacular* in it. I'll update the kids' pictures in my sig and you'll see. (I only realized today that I hadn't done that in a dog's age... it's kind of funny, Bella is younger in those pictures than Bear is now! )

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2008, 10:43 PM

Hi mamas! I haven't been able to post much this week, but I've been checking in and reading every day. I LOVE all of the pictures. When I come here to read I always feel like I'm getting updates on my extended family.

Peter is a bit over 14 pounds now, and I think gets cuter every day. He's starting to vocalize a lot more and is smiling tons.

I, on the other hand, am not feeling so vocal tonight (tired) so I'll post more later this weekend. *hugs*

A happy woman
Old 05-10-2008, 01:48 AM

Okay, you mamas of talkers, do tell! I am so interested to hear what those little ones are saying! I have been thinking of starting to do a few signs with Twyla, but thought it might be too early. I guess not! I'd really love if she would give me this sign for toilet since she doesn't fuss anymore when she needs to go, and we've mostly been doing EC by timing as of late. You know what, I just realized that my kids have been telling me that Twyla has been saying "hi" to them, and a few other things, but I chalked it up to them being imaginative. Maybe not? Crazy. :

Anyone have something planned for mother's day? We're going to a birthday party for siblings in Ronan's Ninjutsu class. Not what I would choose, but they would be SO bummed to miss it. It's going to be weird for me; dh is coming with us, and I think the single dad whose kids are in the class (and whom I have a crush on ) is going to be there as well. I feel guilty whenever I'm near that man! Not that I have any reason to be, but I feel like I shouldn't be attracted to him like this! Arrrgh.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
It's going to be weird for me; dh is coming with us, and I think the single dad whose kids are in the class (and whom I have a crush on ) is going to be there as well. I feel guilty whenever I'm near that man! Not that I have any reason to be, but I feel like I shouldn't be attracted to him like this! Arrrgh.
oooh, hopefully that won't be too awkward for you!

Mother's day will be a bit odd, as my dh is away in Ireland for a conference and my dad is here. The idea of celebrating Mother's day with my dad creeps me out a bit -- we have a bit of a strained relationship.

Nellah is doing wonderfully, she does this great gurgle with her spit, I seriously just love to sit and listen to it

Hope everyone else is enjoying this mother's day weekend!
Old 05-10-2008, 01:18 PM

Can I share a picture?
Ocean 3 months old:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...3/102_7134.jpg

Hopefully that link will work since I'm a bit "technologically-challenged"
Thanks for looking!
Stacy
Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 PM

that's SUCH a cute picture!!! i just ordered an amber necklace for cash too.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, you mamas of talkers, do tell! I am so interested to hear what those little ones are saying! I have been thinking of starting to do a few signs with Twyla, but thought it might be too early. I guess not! I'd really love if she would give me this sign for toilet since she doesn't fuss anymore when she needs to go, and we've mostly been doing EC by timing as of late. You know what, I just realized that my kids have been telling me that Twyla has been saying "hi" to them, and a few other things, but I chalked it up to them being imaginative. Maybe not? Crazy. :
Bear says his name, his nickname, "buhduh" ("brother" exactly the way that Bella says it ), his siblings names, hi, bye, "leh" (family baby word for "milk;" he does this with the sign for milk), mamma, dadda, i love you (one word-- "iluvoo"), and "keen" (shorthand for "clean pants on the mini," which is how we say "let's change the diaper!" around here ). There might be more words, but they're not springing immediately to mind; Those are the ones we hear most often, for certain.

By this age, BeanBean was strining words together, two and three at a time, and "nurzh" ("nurse" for someone with no teeth ) was the most popular. I will never forget the time when he was four months old and his cousin, exactly a year older, was visiting. I was trying to get my nephew to say "banana," because he wanted one and the kid didn't talk. So I'm holding a banana and saying "BA-NA-NA," really slowly and in that high, "Come on, say it with me" voice, right? I said "banana" about four times while my nephew stared blankly at me, and then Bean, in the kickybounce, shouts "NANA!!" and my sister and mother just burst into hysterics. I turned around and BeanBean was there laughing his little head off, just pleased as punch; When I held up the banana he nodded and said, "Yeah, nana!" and I about died. : He still wasn't allowed to eat solid food at that point! My sister's called him "Nanas" ever since.

Quote:
It's going to be weird for me; dh is coming with us, and I think the single dad whose kids are in the class (and whom I have a crush on ) is going to be there as well. I feel guilty whenever I'm near that man! Not that I have any reason to be, but I feel like I shouldn't be attracted to him like this! Arrrgh.
Have you leveled with you DH about the crush? It would probably help...

Old 05-11-2008, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
I have almost that same shot of Ms. Ember Lotus!

And THIS is what she thinks about all my bfing woes. :

This weekend, we are off for Embers THIRD camping trip since she's been earthside!!!
that cat has absolutely GORGEOUS markings! Wow. Truly stunning!

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 05-11-2008, 01:57 AM

Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 AM

Hi everyone!!! Happy belated Mother's Day! Hope you all had a nice day.

We're in Florida now at my parents'. The weather is spectacular and I am so glad we will be moving back down here for a couple of years. We're heading to Key West to pick a place to live tomorrow, and moving down mid-June.

Lucy is doing wonderfully. She's big and getting so chubby, I love it! 12lbs10oz, 24in long at 2 months. But hey when you are over 9lbs at birth you are bound to be top of the charts for a few months LOL. She has the longest hair, I could almost put barrettes in it if I wanted to. We had a scare the other day when Lilli STEPPED on her! RIght on her belly. SHe screqamed this awful scream, I was so worried something horrible happened to her insides. She calmed down and seemed ok, but I brought her in to a Dr anyway just to be safe...I just had fears of internal injuries or something.

I'm still working on this whole 3 kid thing, how to balance it all (though remember at the same time I'm basically a single parent and in the process of moving...so many adjustments for my older 2!). I think I'm doing ok at it.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Lucy is doing wonderfully. She's big and getting so chubby, I love it! 12lbs10oz, 24in long at 2 months. But hey when you are over 9lbs at birth you are bound to be top of the charts for a few months LOL. She has the longest hair, I could almost put barrettes in it if I wanted to. We had a scare the other day when Lilli STEPPED on her! RIght on her belly. SHe screqamed this awful scream, I was so worried something horrible happened to her insides. She calmed down and seemed ok, but I brought her in to a Dr anyway just to be safe...I just had fears of internal injuries or something.

I'm still working on this whole 3 kid thing, how to balance it all (though remember at the same time I'm basically a single parent and in the process of moving...so many adjustments for my older 2!). I think I'm doing ok at it.
so glad lucy is okay! that's my fear with my rambunctious toddler. probably why grace NEVER spends time on the floor. I know, I know. Bad mama!
I'm still having issues with the 3 kid thing too. And my ex deployed last week so there goes my only help. Now I am truly 100% alone. Could be why I haven't showered in 3 days. moving on your own with 3 kids, one of whom is 2 months old has GOT to be one of THE single hardest things in this universe. I'll be doing it soon while ex is gone and that means I've got to move 100% by myself. And my car is NOT that big, especially with 3 carseats.

life has been hectic. i'm sick, got a sick toddler, a kid with a chipped tooth and sore neck(didn't reallize how crunchy I was until I whipped out the rescue remedy and the arnica gel and took the teething necklace off the toddler for the school age kid at the cookout when it happened!), and a baby who is sneezing and blowing snot all over the place. i'm contemplating making a second pot of coffee but realizing this may be more trouble than it's worth once the previously mentioned snotty baby gets a hold of it in her next "nack" session. funny thing. the other day the chipped tooth kid(we call her "chicken") was eating a banana and snotty baby was in arms gurgling, cooing, kicking her legs, and waving her arms in excitement with her tongue hanging out of her mouth. i prefer to call that coincedence and not, "baby is growing up!" i REFUSE to think that in the next 6 months or so my baby will be introduced to things of that nature. her sister ingested a stolen bite of a veggie burger as her first taste of solids at 11months old.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM

wow we sure are a chatty bunch

well lets see what has gone on here...

henry turned 3 months old, we are working on sitting up and he really likes it. He tries to sit up when i am holding him facing out. He is not talking yet...as some of the other babes have...or maybe I am not paying attention.
We had to put our cat to sleep a week or so ago. That was very sad but we are glad he is not in pain anymore.
We found out that my husbands job screwed him and his boss forgot to tell him that he was loosing his benefits, so now we have super crappy benefits and looks like we will not be taking ds to the 4 mo well baby visit. I am supposed to apply for a ft job with benefits and see what we can do asap. I kinda wish my dh wasn't so against government programs and just give on this one and let us apply for state medicaid. plus I found out we have a $400 bill there from them canceling ds's insurance. So that's one more bill to add to the list.
The uv index here is outrageous so ds and I have been staying in a lot and I am starting to go a little stir crazy b/c this apt is so small.
MIL and I are still working things out, we have been having some disagreements about ds and how much he should eat, how he sleeps, gas pain (which I don't think he has) so on and so on. We had a pretty good talk yesterday so hopefully that helps.
Ds is teething, and has been very miserable. Today he is doing pretty well with it. I took him in to make sure it was only teeth, and she told us that they will probably be coming in soon.
He has been nursing in small spurts lately and i was wondering what it is, I think it is thrush. i was looking at my nipple today...as I randomly do...and noticed a small white dot on it, no bigger than the end of a pencil. They have been a tiny bit itchy, and painful when he latches...but most of that I think is b/c he doesn't open his mouth. So just be on the safe side I am starting all thrush treatments, and sanitizing my pump now. Sucks to b/c I love dairy and sugar...so this may be doing me in. Another thing about thrush is I know that over use of pacifier can bring it on but what else can I use. He hasn't figured out the thumb sucking yet and does not like to comfort nurse.
I just sent in the payment so that I can start school online. I am so excited!!
Mother's day was kinda a bust...we did have lunch and that was super nice...but then I had to work, and we started the day with dh sleeping until 10...must be nice i swear. i try not to get to upset b/c i know he works but come on. I did get a nice package today from Savannah and her family, with art projects from her school and some new pictures. She is getting so big.

Well I should run

to all.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM

I didn't get/do anything for Mother's Day... but I was still high from Beltane, so it's all good. Mike's been remarkably mellow and grownup and cool about things, so I'm pretty happy with that as well.

BooBah was my early physical milestones baby. Given the choice between early and late, I'll take late any day. Bear rolls over both ways, and wants to sit up but can't; He likewise tries to army crawl, but can't. At three months, BooBah was a very strong 'creeper.' By four she was crawling and she was *gone*, off being sneaky. Bella, on the other hand, was still an infant in every possible way at this age... and she was SO much easier to deal with. Bella was more like nine months old when she started crawling. I was worried, but I was also kind of relieved because BooBah was *walking* at that age and chasing her was a real pain in the neck. :

Bear is kinda lucky... he's the last baby and he's not on the extreme end of anything but size. He'd have to be way outside the realm of typical for me to be surprised by his timetables, let alone concerned. Sweet.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 PM

New pictures of all of us in my sig. Not the most recent pictures of myself or Mike, but the kids' run up to last weekend. Big differences between now and two years ago (when I last updated .

Old 05-13-2008, 04:04 AM

Rynna, are you going to tell us about your Beltaine or just drop hints all year? I'm glad it went well for you- and all your kids are gorgeous.

justmama, River is showing an excessive amount of interest in other people eating (particularly cake ) If it comes to eat, we'll start baby-led weaning early and trust that he just doesn't have the coordination necessary to actually swallow anything he eats, but I'm hopeful it won't come to that. I've never had a baby this satisfied on breastmilk before
We've discovered that our next-door neighbour (the one my FIL was completely dependent upon before we moved in) actualy really dislikes the whole family, is responsible for 90% of the trouble we've had since we've been here and is stirring more trouble every day. I'm pretty gutted, and we're seriously considering moving out.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:39 AM

I don't know if details are really appropriate. Let's just say... I had a really grand time celebrating Beltaine the old-fashioned way. We went to a really fun place and met lots of fun people; The kids and I had an absolute blast until it was time to leave. I'm hoping to get there for Wicker Man on my own-- should be TONS of fun.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 AM

birthmommom, so sorry about the problems that you are having. I am really sorry about your cat. I have had to put way to many pets to sleep it really sucks

eilonwy, I didn't get anything for mothers day either. My big kids forgot about it and DH didn't think it was that important so from me to you some flowers!:

I am also having problems with my left nipple, I had a plugged duct last week and got that taken care of That was no fun! Now I have a white dot on my nipple that has gotten a little bigger and that you can see better after Ashlee nurses. It is painful today and itches a little. It is really painful when Ashlee latches on. I looked in her mouth and don't see anything different.
Does this sound like thrush or something else? What do I need to do to get rid of it? My mw is on a vacation and won't be back for a week.

Hugs to those who need them!

Flapjack, sorry about your neighbor problems. I hope that you don't have to move to get them fixed!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:37 AM

Ooh, Rynna, you jammy git. I would love to go to Wicker Man (but I'm not cool enough, and I don't do America.)

Jezzy, have some more flowers, and some chocolate as well. Was it mothers day in Germany on Sunday?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 PM

We celebrated mothers day ( well some of us did ) on sunday here too.

Maybe I will push it off on the baptisim. We had Ash baptised on sunday as well.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM

Jezzy I would err on the side of caution and say it was thrush. I have read somethings that say you can have it and babe can be asymptomatic. or you can have it and babe not have it.

I am starting to take GSE and acidopholus 2x a day, no sugar or dairy, vinegar rinses on nipples after nursing. I also use a little Gentian Violet on my nipples and let ds nurse to get it into his mouth. Wash any bras, sheets, etc that may have milk on them in hot water with either bleach or vinegar. Wash any diapers with a vinegar rinse in the hot cycle.

you can google thrush treatments,...there are a bunch. Good luck!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

I have a funny white dot too, but it doesn't itch or hurt or anything. I chalked it up to yet another weird nipple thing.

Sunkist, I *love* those big blue Ocean eyes!

I can't believe you all have talkers already. EG babbles and coos and gurgles, but he is not saying words. I THOUGHT he was, though. I was reading him a favorite story, and talking about the pictures. I said, "Do you see the owl?" And I swear he said "Owwwwwwww." Then I turned the page and said "Elephant?" And he went "Eng eh paaaaaa" - I almost died of shock. But has he done it again? Or in front of anyone? No. Naturally.

I sign to him a lot - up, milk, drink, cold, hot, gentle - but so far, nothing in return. He seems more interested than before, though.

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
eilonwy, I didn't get anything for mothers day either. My big kids forgot about it and DH didn't think it was that important so from me to you some flowers!:
: :

Quote:
I am also having problems with my left nipple, I had a plugged duct last week and got that taken care of That was no fun! Now I have a white dot on my nipple that has gotten a little bigger and that you can see better after Ashlee nurses. It is painful today and itches a little. It is really painful when Ashlee latches on. I looked in her mouth and don't see anything different.
Does this sound like thrush or something else? What do I need to do to get rid of it? My mw is on a vacation and won't be back for a week.
Sounds decidedly thrushy to me (and oh, i know *alllllllll* about fungi ). I've encountered many anti-thrush supplements, but I have to say that my favorite is still gentian violet. Why? Well, it's cheap, fast, and effective. The only drawback is that it's messy... so it goes well with naked babies, cheap blankets (those flannel receiving blankets work well) and paper diapers. Two or three days, once a day, and the stuff is gone. It's been well worth the purply mess to me, and I've never seen anything work more quickly on thrushy buns (hence the paper diapers ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Ooh, Rynna, you jammy git. I would love to go to Wicker Man (but I'm not cool enough, and I don't do America.)
*You're* not cool enough?! I don't even have pierced ears, remember. I'm hoping to earn my cool stripes by going. : It's something to do that's part of the whole "reclaiming Rynna" thing while I decide whether or not I really want a tattoo or pierced nipples.

And yes... I am a jammy git. It was still a really good time. Like I said... Best. Holiday. EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writerbird View Post
I have a funny white dot too, but it doesn't itch or hurt or anything. I chalked it up to yet another weird nipple thing.
It doesn't always hurt... especially if it's just on the surface.

Quote:
I can't believe you all have talkers already. EG babbles and coos and gurgles, but he is not saying words. I THOUGHT he was, though. I was reading him a favorite story, and talking about the pictures. I said, "Do you see the owl?" And I swear he said "Owwwwwwww." Then I turned the page and said "Elephant?" And he went "Eng eh paaaaaa" - I almost died of shock. But has he done it again? Or in front of anyone? No. Naturally.

I sign to him a lot - up, milk, drink, cold, hot, gentle - but so far, nothing in return. He seems more interested than before, though.
Very few people have heard Bear's words... but enough people heard Bean, (and hear him now) that [irl] they're usually willing to give me the benefit of the doubt. Bean talks so much today that it's not at all difficult for people to believe he was pretty much born talking and hasn't shut up since. "I don't talk *all* the time. I'm very quiet when I sleep." (True!) He pointed to this smilie: ages ago and said, "Mom, that smilie's just like me! It never shuts up!" :

Don't get me wrong. I love him to pieces, but the boy will talk until your ears fall off and keep right on going without missing a beat. : But yeah; Bear is not quite as extroverted as BeanBean. He enjoys company and socializing, but BeanBean *needed* people around him from his very first days, and was working hard to interact with them whenever he was awake. Bear's often content to observe. (I my little Aquarian!)

Old 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM

Can you all tell what color your babies eyes are? With Ashlee it is strange sometimes they look green, (mine and dh are green ) sometimes they look blue sometimes grey and sometimes a strange violet and sometimes a yellow blueish color very strange the last 2.

Does anyone else have a baby like mine? I would love to know what color they will be!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:59 PM

(((((((((((((((((Jezzy))))))))))))))))))))

I did okay on the kid front with Mother's Day (it was yesterday that ds1 did something that makes me feel like the worst mother in the world) but it was positively heartbreaking on the Mom front. She somehow managed to find a preprinted Hallmark card that said nothing whatsoever about motherhood (I think it was marketed for a mother to send to a childless daughter, but it didn't even say anything about how that mother might have felt during that daughter's childhood) which took some effort and some brain cells, but now she's throwing a temper tantrum because she dialed my number wrong (she forgets that I work weekends and wouldn't have been home anyway) and got an answering machine message in Spanish.

I guess you'd kind of have to know my mother to understand why that was my fault, and a new low even for someone as inexcusably stupid, lazy, dirty, and ungrateful as I have always been.

Protecting Terran from her by not mentioning that he exists was the right thing to do.

The landlord is doing the walkthrough today and the house probably isn't clean enough but I don't care any more. There's a bushville (like a hooverville) behind the shopping mall.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM

hugs to you too NOS
Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 PM

justmama- my cat Scout is a bengal cat... a hybrid cross between an asian leopard cat and a domestic housecat. he's my "little" lap leopard... even though he's a wild, loud-mouthed, bird & bunny killing BEAST... we love him.

Gosh NOS, what's up with ds1?

We were camping this weekend, and mother's day...
BIL cooked us all a big breakfast and dh & stepdad cleaned up.
The weekend was good and included plenty of chillax time and a trip to the hot springs... I love me some hot springs... Ember does too.

Ember IS getting downright chubby! All 10.5lbs. of her.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:30 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Actually, I haven't even been able to visit our thread much. I really miss the contact I was able to have with all of you during my pregnancy and hope that I can find my way back into the community.
So I just wanted to say hello to all the beautiful women and wonderful babies and to share a little of my own. Lakshmi is growing so much. Every week I go to a New Mom's group here and get to measure Lakshmi's growth. Last week she had gained 12 oz from the week before. She is growing in leaps and bounds. The other day, I woke up to find that she had grown in my arms over night. She looked so different from just a few hours before. She is not a big talker, but when she wants to, she says "ma ma ma", like when she cries right before eating or something. It is so sweet, even though I would rather hear her say it while she is laughing. We have a silly game that we play. She made up the rules. I sit on the floor with my knees bent and up, and then sit her on top of my knees facing me. Then as she is looking around I will put my face in her line of vision and she will turn her head quickly to look in another direction. Every time I get in her line of vision, she moves to look elsewhere. She even figured out that she can just move her eyes and do that more quickly than I can move my head. It's silly. So we sit and do this for a few minutes sometimes. She doesn't like tummy time, but will play contentedly on her back alone or with DP or I. She is so strong, her neck was never floppy and she can even sleep in our Ellaroo wrap without me having to pull the wrap around her head to give her support as I walk. She likes the wrap, but only for about 2 hours at a time, then she wants down. I think she just doesn't like the tight confining feeling for too long. I don't wear her around the house much because if I stop walking or only walk a very short distance then she wants out.
So anyway, I wish all of you the best and will continue to keep in touch even if it's only occasionally. Here is a picture of my sweet girl to share with all of you.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Geneviev...42077579827954
Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM

typing one-handed and Michael is eerily quiet, so this has to be quick...

s Helen on your neighbors - I'm absolutely appalled at their behavior

Rynna - have to check out your links *and* get a license so I can got to these things too - they sound so neat.

My mother's day was spent running around getting us all to Jersey for Alex's christening, so not much down time for me although I did get my cup of coffee and a cheese danish. Alex is still steadfastly refusing to nap - actually just finished looking at amby beds on ebay to see if the might help. I love wearing him, especially since Michael was so picky about it, but I desperately need some time out of arms so I can regroup and be a better mom to Michael - I am getting so touched out. We have Michael's IEP tomorrow with his school and we're going to look into full days 3x's a week for him for next year.

All right - no noise from the other room, I shudder to think...
Old 05-13-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
Can you all tell what color your babies eyes are? With Ashlee it is strange sometimes they look green, (mine and dh are green ) sometimes they look blue sometimes grey and sometimes a strange violet and sometimes a yellow blueish color very strange the last 2.

Does anyone else have a baby like mine? I would love to know what color they will be!
Not this time, but Bella was like that. Her eyes are mostly brown, with dark green edges. They're also *gigantinormous* (click 'Bella' in my sig and you'll see what I mean). She's got gigantic eyebrows like caterpillars and the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a real person to go with them. It would not surprise me in the least if she did mascara ads when she got older.

BeanBean's eyes were blue & gray for the first 18 months; after that they slowly morphed into the sea green they are today. BooBah had bright blue eyes and still does today at nearly-four, and I'm 99% certain that Bear is following in her footsteps, and his eyes will stay blue.

NOS, . I like to think that life with a teenager is very, very far away for me...

I'm loading some of the infant prefolds I have on eBay. Part of me really doesn't want to do this, as I'd like to mail them out for the 2008 Holiday Helpers, but I really can't keep them in the house and the gods know we could use a little bit of cash. If I had a random friend with money who would give me $50 and take all of them, store them and mail them in the winter... that'd be brilliant. : Anyway, Bear still fits in the infant prefolds, but he's big enough to wear the premiums and as getting things out of the house is a priority, it's kind of important that i do this ASAP. : I am kind of stoked to have my last baby growing up. :

Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 PM

jackson' s eyes are still blue, but lighter now, sometimes they have a grey or grey green look to them and other times they are bright blue. dh and I both have green eyes so we are expecting them to turn eventually.

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!

User Tag List