Mother's Day Gift idea for Grandmas - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering if anyone had a good ideas for a first time grandma. Any gift ideas that are inexpensive, but thoughtful would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 12:25 PM

My SIL gave my MIL a cute photo of her baby and had him dip his hands in paint and make an imprint on the little collage she made. A good photo perhaps? A pic of the two of them?

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#3 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 11:51 PM

Anyone have any ideas not photo related? MIL has her own photo albums plus one of those digital photo frames loaded with pics of DD, and we did photos of DD for my moms b-day and Christmas (she doesn't have her own camera)... so we might do more pics for her, but something else special would be good.

#4 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 PM

For dd1's first mother's day, we got stepping stone materials - you can get the kits, or just the quick setting concrete, outdoor safe paint, and disposable cake pans, which is what we used. We did foot and hand prints with dd, then wrote her name and the date. I think I put a couple of flowers on too, which is pretty much the extent of my artistic talent...

Anyway, it was cute, and the grands loved them. I think we will do one with dd2 this year.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#5 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM

I bought my mom and MIL a memory book that they fill out for the baby. I found it in the parenting book section at the bookstore but it basically asks all sorts of questions about their history and personality and hopes and dreams for the baby. It's a keepsake for the baby.

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
#6 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
For dd1's first mother's day, we got stepping stone materials - you can get the kits, or just the quick setting concrete, outdoor safe paint, and disposable cake pans, which is what we used. We did foot and hand prints with dd, then wrote her name and the date. I think I put a couple of flowers on too, which is pretty much the extent of my artistic talent...

Anyway, it was cute, and the grands loved them. I think we will do one with dd2 this year.
Thanks that's perfect!!!
#7 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 06:33 PM

Just one more idea, not that you need it! My DD1's first Mother's Day, we dipped her hands and feet in paint and decorated clay pots with them, painted on the date, and planted flowers in the pots. Our moms use the pots each year and now DD1 gets to just decorate a pot each year however she would like (this year she chose a hand and foot print, probably because she saw me doing that for DD2.) This only costs a few dollars, is something the moms can use all season and keep forever. I plan to do it each year so eventually the grandmas will have a whole "set" and can see how much the girls' hands and feet grew each year.

Christina, proud mama of 2 strong, brilliant, creative, kind, beautiful girls from A to Z. Wife of 11 years to best friend and awesome papa, Brian. :::

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page