July '07 mamas! Our babes are almost 1!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I can't get into the offsite forum because my username was never validated and I can't seem to figure out how to contact the forum administrator. So, not the greatest experience with that other forum. Why can't we have a thread here? I have enough websites to visit already, I hardly even get time to visit MDC let alone another site.
#62 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM

i'm sticking around here too Sue

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#63 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 04:22 PM

I'm here too! I just wanted to pop on and say my baby boy turned one Friday. He also decided to start walking on his birthday! So cute. Does that mean he is no longer a "babe"?
#64 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Bunnybee: Your baby will ALWAYS be a baby! (That is what I tell my hubby!) Can you all believe July is almost over? Geez, where in the heck does time go? How are the birthday parties going? Anyone wanna share?
#65 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

ps I am sticking to posting here at MDC too. :
#66 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM

Niamhs party is going to be Saturday, even tho her bday isnt til next tuesday.
pool party/potluck.
no walking yet. just starting to flirt with standing on her own without holdin on to anything.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#67 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM

I prefer to stay here too. I have 4 kids and I am not going to go to off-site boards for each one

My girl turned 1 on Friday too! Not walking though, she is still too chubby to support her weight for very long at a time. My latest walker by over a month and counting! She is a delight though

We just had a family bbq for her birthday. I am still sort of shocked that she is a one year old now, she still seems so much younger. I am glad she is taking her time though, I don't mind prolonging the baby phase for a while longer now!

#68 of 85 Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 PM

My DS turned 1 on the 12th! I can't believe it has been a year. We had a party with decorations and a cake, yes I let him have cake and ice cream, no flames please. We took lots of pictures and he had a good time. He has 8 front teeth and a molar is just breaking the surface of his gums. He also will walk a few steps and then plop down . He doesn't really say any words other than mama and dada yet and those are probably only words to us. We are still nursing even though he has been biting me because of the molar and I hope to keep it up at least another year, he does get bites of whatever we are eating on top of nursing at will. He's a free range baby!

Michelle : wife to awesome DH Aaron : since (04/02), mom to DS Michael (07/07) and bio-mom to Ember (07/84), : , TANSTAAFL
#69 of 85 Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 AM

Hi Mommas! Happy to have found you. My ds turned 1 on the 12th, wow time just flew bye, my baby is turning into a full fledged toddler. He has been walking well for about a month it's amazing he was cruising for about two months and then one day took a few steps and never looked back. He is now trying to climb on and off everything. I hear up up up all day it is sooo cute, but the next minute he is down and up up up again. He also says mama dada
apple app ( which means IMO that he wants to eat and pretty much any food) sometimes he will say ball baa and dog dooo. when anyone mentions cows he moos and if you talk about lions and tigers he growls it just make me smile.
My fav is when he wants to nurse he calls it mamams.
He has 8 teeth and is getting two more on top. Still dosen't sleep through the night, but is waking less often 3/4x's instead of 6/8x's
#70 of 85 Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 AM

twobears, our DSs are the same age. My LO also has 8 teeth and is getting two more on top (I thought just one as per prev post but just spotted the other one tonight). My poor LO has been fairly miserable the this last week with the two molars that are coming in. He also has been sleeping more at night or should I say I have been, he doesn't actually wake during the night but wakes me up to nurse in his sleep.

Michelle : wife to awesome DH Aaron : since (04/02), mom to DS Michael (07/07) and bio-mom to Ember (07/84), : , TANSTAAFL
#71 of 85 Old 07-23-2008, 12:19 AM

Wow, I can't believe all the teeth some of the babes have. DS still only has the two bottoms. He seems likes he is teething but I don't feel anything else coming in yet. I still can't believe he just up and started walking. He never cruised! My DD on the other hand never crawled but cruised a while before walking. And DS is also still nursing a lot even at night. Not any words I can make out accept "mama" and "daddy" but he seems to only say "daddy" as of late! He also makes a "d" sounds when he sees dogs so maybe he knows that word? He certainly understands a lot of what we tell him though. I am a little sad though because he is less and less "babyish" and more toddler like and he is likely to be our last baby
#72 of 85 Old 08-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Is anyone still following this thread or are you on to the Toddler area?
#73 of 85 Old 08-12-2008, 04:24 PM

I have been over on the toddler one, but I check this one to . There isn't a thread for July '07 babies on the toddler one yet.

#74 of 85 Old 08-13-2008, 10:12 AM

Oh, we should start a thread in toddlers!
#75 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 AM

I'll look for you all over in the toddlers. I'm glad you're all sticking around here...
#76 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo_sue View Post
Well, I can't get into the offsite forum because my username was never validated and I can't seem to figure out how to contact the forum administrator. So, not the greatest experience with that other forum. Why can't we have a thread here? I have enough websites to visit already, I hardly even get time to visit MDC let alone another site.
I'm sorry you had such a "bad" experience.. no one's telling you you have to go there though. It's just where most of the July mamas are. WHen did you sign up.. I'm sure fw221 could help you if you pm'd her here. She's the admin.

As for why most of choose to go on to a separate board, well we really enjoyed the closeness of our ddc and didn't want to get lost over here in the vastness of LWAB.

My Sage girl is finally one! She's walking all over the place and starting to run! Not too big on solids just yet. She's also on the rather small side.. clothy butt helps her to fit in to some of her bigger clothes. I can't believe they are considered toddlers now.. she's still so very much a baby!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#77 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Nooooo....they are not toddlers, they are BABIES !!! Please don't tell me my youngest is a toddler, please, please, please. She is still a baby, she is still a baby...(can you tell I have a hard time admitting my baby is not a baby...)
#78 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Nooooo....they are not toddlers, they are BABIES !!! Please don't tell me my youngest is a toddler, please, please, please. She is still a baby, she is still a baby...(can you tell I have a hard time admitting my baby is not a baby...)
Oh me too! I am clinging to it really.. I don't care if she can walk and talk some. SHe's still a baby! My last baby probably.. unless my hormones get the better of me. That's rather unlikely though.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#79 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
Oh me too! I am clinging to it really.. I don't care if she can walk and talk some. SHe's still a baby! My last baby probably.. unless my hormones get the better of me. That's rather unlikely though.
It is just a bummer, because I know for a fact it will my last (had to have a hysterectomy ) and because she is just so darn little still...maybe I will put a book on her head to keep her from growing....
#80 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Hi July '07 Mamas. Its hard to believe this baby is one!

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#81 of 85 Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I know, I look at her and think, "Geez, I was pregnant, hot and sweaty in July and now look at you!" Amazing..
#82 of 85 Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 AM

Anyone else have a non-walker. She turned 1 on July 18 and is still no where close to walking. She *just* started standing unassisted for a few seconds YESTERDAY. At this rate she won't be walking for another month.

I LOVE it though. I had an early walker (9 months) and two 11 monthers, so why not have a late walker

She still seems *so* babyish to me, I still can't believe her first birthday has come and gone!

#83 of 85 Old 08-24-2008, 02:37 PM

No walking here either. He seems to stand up for a few seconds and then realize he's standing and freak out. His birthday was August 3.
#84 of 85 Old 08-24-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama View Post
Anyone else have a non-walker. She turned 1 on July 18 and is still no where close to walking. She *just* started standing unassisted for a few seconds YESTERDAY. At this rate she won't be walking for another month.

She still seems *so* babyish to me, I still can't believe her first birthday has come and gone!
Yep. Mine too. I'm not worried but it is annoying when people go on and on about how other babies his age are walking why isn't mine.

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#85 of 85 Old 08-25-2008, 12:08 AM

yippie we have a thread over here.....im gonna check out toddler section as well but i also dont have a walker either and she's a peanut at just under 16lbs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page