February 08 - 1 Year Ago We Were All Knocked Up!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 500 Old 06-19-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Urgh. Peter has now reached that destination called teething hell as well. He's been in bed only 2.5 hours and has been up 3 times. Normally he has 1 poop per day - today he had SEVEN watery ones.

More later when not so tired and worn out. Love to all.

A happy woman
#302 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 02:15 AM

Nice to see all the Feb babies thriving and doing well

As for me, DS2 had surgery on Tuesday to correct a congenital defect with one of his ureters. During my 20 week u/s, they found a hydronephrosis that unfortunately did not go away when he was born. More tests were done when he was 6 wks old and again beginning of May. Kidney function had begun to decline on the affected side, so the decision was made to remove the obstruction and give the weaker kidney a chance to regenerate without the build-up of pressure from the swollen system. DS2 will need one more surgery at age 2 to reconnect the faulty ureter to his bladder. In the meantime, it's prophylatic abtx because the faulty ureter currently goes to a stoma in the crease above his groin.

sorry for the long novel. DS2 takes my breath away everyday, because he's our last baby. He's in a drool-fest, and we'll have to say goodbye to his toothless grin in say 2 months' time. He doesn't yet sleep reliably through the night, but perhaps it's related to the plumbing issues...

to all of you!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#303 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 04:20 AM

FelixMom
#304 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 04:28 AM

Ashlee learned how to roll from back to front yesterday and when i put her doen now she rolls. She thinks that she is the coolest! It is so funny to see her excited over this!

NOS hope that you are doing ok
#305 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 07:47 AM

Peace_Laughing, Writerbird, Operamommy - my DD rolled front to back 4 times in two days about 2-3 weeks ago, and hasn't done it since. Sigh. I'm on your team!

LoveChild421, I think we may also have started teething. DD used to be a great sleeper - asleep by 8:30 or 9, slept 5-7 hours, woke up, nursed, and was good until 7-8 the next morning. No more! Now we are up every couple of hours, not sleeping during the day, and fussing marathon. Pediatrician yesterday thought that she could feel a tooth bump and seemed quite confident that she's teething.

Now I'm thinking it's the 1-2-3 punch: teething, a ton of developmental changes, and sleep deprivation.

How, how, how can I make my exhausted child sleep? She rarely nurses down any more except at night. I'm actually thinking now might be as good a time as any to transition to a crib in the nursery (she's currently in co-sleeper/bed). Doesn't seem like sleeping next to me is settling her any; in fact, it may be just the opposite. When she wakes up next to one of us, the first thing she does is look into our eyes and put out a big, 150-watt smile. It's hard to resist. So I'm wondering if a nice, quiet, low-stim, darker nursery with her own space might help....it's a theory, right?

NOS - thinking about you, hoping you're doing ok.

DD shared her first giggles on my birthday last week. What a wonder.
#306 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 AM

slgt, have you read the No Cry Sleep solution? I would- especially the bit about routines. Personally, whilst I love the idea of cosleeping I love sleeping more, so River is in a cot in our room.
Jezzy, I had a thought- if your DH doesn't want to go to Croatia because they beat Germany in football, why not come here ?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#307 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthmommom View Post
:
so dh took over...he says why don't you just let him cry:...for the 100t time and I tell him...so I left the house b/c I couldn't listen...I came back in maybe 7 mins later and ds was asleep...don't know what he did but he always does soemthing that works. Ds woke up 30 mins later i nursed him and he is sleeping now...why does he give me such a hard time? I am going to ask the dreaded question...how bad is CIO at 4.5 months? is dh doing a lot of damage?
Gracie pitches a fit when I try to snuggle her to sleep. If she doesn't conk out while nursing she wants to lay on our bed on her tummy, suck her thumb, be covered by a blanket, and walked away from. She wants to put herself to sleep and if I try to snuggle her and hold her, she flips out and screams at me. She wants her space. Maybe that's what he wants??? She doesn't even fuss when I lay her down, she is nice and quiet and just drifts off.

So I"m sorry to hear about everyone in teething hell. I dont' think we are even CLOSE to teething. Mady was 13months and Sara was 8 months so I think we have some time left. She IS starting to sit up though. She's very wobbly but she CAN do it. It's so stinkin' cute!
sitting
She really is becoming her own little person these days and it's SO cute to watch. She's very very loud and opinionated about the way she knows she should be treated.
smiles

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#308 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Jezzy, I had a thought- if your DH doesn't want to go to Croatia because they beat Germany in football, why not come here ?
that would be a great idea!!
#309 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM

It's times like this I wish we had a full forum for multiple threads, as I don't like deterring from recent conversation.

But I really need to find some way to work out issues from my birth. I don't want to be told, really, that it was ok, that at least I had a healthy baby and I was fine. I don't want to be told that lots of first time moms transfer, I don't want to be told well you were soooo overdue. I KNOW I should have been able to get through that birth at home. I KNOW I should have forgone te castor oil and waited until she came on her own timeline, I KNOW I should have set up more of a plan on how to manage the pain. I KNOW I should have been more assertive on the spiritual/prayer front. BUT I let enough doubt get in, I let enough of my own stepping aside for other people happen and I ended up whining that I needed to go to the hospital. I am angry at myself for this, I don't want to shift the blame on circumstances or whatnot, because, really, I am the one who did this. I am the one who wimped out and went to the hospital only to experience and have DD experience a whole slew of things I didn't want.

I want to work out the issues that it brought forward, mainly that I didn't believe enough in myself and the process of birth, and I didn't make it known exactly what kind of spiritual occurances I wanted/didn't want occuring during the birth. I had hoped to wing it and hoped my birth would be this great spiritual thing. I suppose I had more a chance of that if I had let labor start on its own.

I do believe that the birth that resulted is, if nothing else, a call for me to get off my tail and start really being assertive and to really BELIEVE in the things I say I do wholeheartedly. It's also a call for me to actually DO some work. (For example, in school I"m the sort who's always been able to get by with a high B/low A grade that could have been a high A if I had actually studied or done the work). I've never pushed myself to really work at something, I've never pushed myself to overcome a challenge. If I had a challenge, well, I'd wimp out (ie transfer).

I need to figure out some way to work this out. I need to be able to not get angry everytime I read another great homebirth story. I get so insanely jealous of people. I can't even read about it in a fiction book without anger and tears. I have to keep stopping while I'm writing this so that the tears don't overtake me (I'm at work and not wanting to bawl here, but also supposed to be working on a task). I get SO angry at all these little things at home. I haven't called my MW to set up my post-partum appointment yet because I'mafraid I will get angry with her. She suggested the castor oil because she was trying to stay in line with what she'd think her back-up doctor would agree with. She also is one of the ones with the prayers that I now find myself harshly ojecting to (The other is Mr Toona). But really, all that could have been avoided if I had just said SOMETHING. I didn't. It's realyl not her fault so much, as I want to get mad at and blame someone else. I don't feel it's fair to the other MDC moms who've had really awful things happen to even mention this here. My problems were self-caused.

I've tentatively joined a start-up local birth activist group. I feel so silly there because it's all a bunch of women who either had crap things done to them at the hospital or homebirthed. But I really feel that part of what this birth has taught me is that I need to start doing and this seemed a logical step. THough I have no idea what I can do for the group.

I can't remember what my point was when I started writing this... oh yeah, that I need to find some way to work through this, because it's really getting to me. About every two weeks, it seems, I get so fed up with birth stories, the birth industry, Mr Toona, DD, anything that pops up in life.

Ugh I guess I need some help. I don't know where else to find it because mainstream world, well, they just won't get it. It's not like I can go to a psych, explain all this and have them see what the issue is, ya know. But also, I KNOW I need to work this out for myself, but I need help doing it.

Sorry to take up the whole thread with some serious navel-gazing whining. I just didn't know where else to put this.

Edited to add: Really another reason that this birth was so crucial because it's the only time I did so. It's just not fair to the DSC for me to have more than one, and I don't know that I could handle more kids, or another PP phase. I do find myself wishing I could have another go at birthing, but it's just not practical at all.

signature currently in transition
#310 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 01:32 PM

I don't have much time but I want to give you a big hug. Don't apologize for this. It is a totally valid thing to be disappointed about and to need help with! I'll be back later to catch up with everyone.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#311 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Teeny, I'm posting in the few seconds I have before I have to put the little ones down for a nap, but please know that we're all here and listening. I kind of understand, as I have some regrets/disappointments over Peter's birth experience as well. I know that if I'd allowed labor to start naturally that I wouldn't have been stuck with a 23.5 hour labor and might have been able to avoid an epidural. However...we induced with cervical massage at 39 weeks (turned into pit eventually) because fear that I wouldn't be able to deliver vaginally if he went full-term/over (ds2 had to be vacuum extracted). Though Peter's head was much smaller, so no issue there...I haven't shared till now that my OB told me that if we'd gone to term/over she was pretty darn sure that I would have needed a c-section or had a bad case of shoulder distotia with major damage. I trust my OB completely - and I know from ds2's birth that size is an issue for me (my 2 previous babes were *much* smaller) but I still have some regrets and second-guess my decision at times.

A happy woman
#312 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 03:10 PM

Teeny:

I hear ya. Ember didn't have the birth I imagined FOR SURE. I know how you feel. I know what it feels like to want "a do over". I know what it feels like to be angry at everyone AND angry with yourself. So many "if only"s and "what if"s. I feel especially "guilty" for being so angry about her birth because my first two were "perfect home births" I should be GRATEFUL, RIGHT?!
Sure we are glad to have "healthy babies" however nothing can take away that feeling that something was lost. I really do know this. Time is a LITTLE helpful. Beating yourself up is NOT. I do think that we make the best choices we can at the time. There is no harm in doing what we think is best, even if we end up regretting all or parts of that later. We just have to keep on keeping on. I know that I mourn something that I can never get back. It's painful. Yet with every painful moment, there is a contagious smile of hers that helps me let it go a little more each day. I'm not saying push it out, but let other things IN. You are a loving, caring, wonderful mama to even care about more than "just a healthy baby". You want to give her MORE than "just enough". I really do understand. :-)

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#313 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Teeny, I could have written that same post with only a few detail changes. For me, this is possibly my only pregnancy and birth too, so the fact that it didn't turn out as planned stings. It's funny, I hope you don't mind, but I've always felt connected to you, as if I could relate to you because I am like that too, and reading your post confirmed this even more. But, I think you answered yourself. It's about taking action, doing what you say you will do. Being who you say you are. Standing up for what you want. I like the idea of the birth group you are interested in. But don't tentatively join, make the decision, do it if it's right, otherwise move on and look for other options. Don't sell yourself short, you have much more to offer that what you let yourself believe, the trick is for you to believe in yourself. You spoke alot of how you "blame" others for the situation and every few weeks, your pent up anger comes out on those you love most. I have no judgement of you other than that I know you are a strong, beautiful, amazing woman. But you need to focus on yourself, within yourself. It is within you that needs healed and no one else can do that for you, as alluded to. Getting angry at those outside of yourself, is because you are refusing to look within and care for yourself. The sweet wonderful little Teeny inside of you that learned to put aside her needs for others is crying out for you to help her. That is how you will resolve this and get over the feelings that are causing you so much pain. So this is the challenge that you must overcome and once you do this, you will be so unstoppable. Not unstoppable because of being forceful, but because you will be self-empowered. Feel free to PM me if you want, I am doing a personal development course right now and would gladly share some of the exercises with you. It's making a difference already. I'm not who I want to be yet, so that is why I am committing to doing this 90 day course. I also have issues with inaction and I have finally decided it is way overdue that I begin to take action for myself. It's all about (y)our personal growth, that is where our problems fall away.
#314 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
Teeny:

I hear ya. Ember didn't have the birth I imagined FOR SURE. I know how you feel. I know what it feels like to want "a do over". I know what it feels like to be angry at everyone AND angry with yourself. So many "if only"s and "what if"s. I feel especially "guilty" for being so angry about her birth because my first two were "perfect home births" I should be GRATEFUL, RIGHT?!
Sure we are glad to have "healthy babies" however nothing can take away that feeling that something was lost. I really do know this. Time is a LITTLE helpful. Beating yourself up is NOT. I do think that we make the best choices we can at the time. There is no harm in doing what we think is best, even if we end up regretting all or parts of that later. We just have to keep on keeping on. I know that I mourn something that I can never get back. It's painful. Yet with every painful moment, there is a contagious smile of hers that helps me let it go a little more each day. I'm not saying push it out, but let other things IN. You are a loving, caring, wonderful mama to even care about more than "just a healthy baby". You want to give her MORE than "just enough". I really do understand. :-)
I just wanted to reitterate this. I've never had that level of regret about any of my births, but I did carry that kind of pain around for ages with regards to the premature end of my nursing relationship with Michael - trust me, I donned that hair shirt for so damned long and there are times four years later that I still pull it out and beat myself up for it. Feel the pain and let yourself process it and remember that you did the best you could with what you had. Be gentle with yourself and please vent away s
#315 of 500 Old 06-20-2008, 11:12 PM

Teeny, I could have written half your post in regards to my first birth...and it DID go according to birth plan. But, despite all my prep and education, I discovered that, for me, birth HURTS LIKE HELL. I had a natural delivery in the hospital with no intervention, just like I had planned, but dealt with birth remorse/anger for almost a year!

I really thought that I would be a GREAT birthing mom, and instead, I felt like my body ripped itself in two from the inside out, and I just survived it...no glorious summit of success...just a total shock at how terrible it felt, and a feeling of complete failure to handle any of the pain. I was angry at everyone who was involved...my care provider, my DH, my doula (who was also my best friend)...anyone who I thought should have been able to help the pain be less and didn't.

It wasn't until almost a year had gone by that I began to feel the shock lifting and began to gain some perspective on my birth. After a lot of time to look back and think about it, I now LOVE my first birth for all the things it was, not any of the things it wasn't. I still birthed a child...it is still my story into birth, labor and delivery, and I can finally accept it and appreciate it for what it was.

FWIW, though MDC is a wonderful way to hear about/learn about birth stories, (reading positive birth stories happened to be vital to my journey to healing emotionally) it is also a little warped. If you pay attention to the stats of the happy home births and UC births, a lot of them are not first time moms. You or anyone, as a first time mom, can read everything in the world, but it doesn't truly prepare you for what is going to happen to your body once labor begins.

And don't forget that fear is the body's natural reaction to stimulus that requires you seeking protection...what I mean is that, if you had some level of fear somewhere that caused you to seek castor oil, and then the transfer, it wasn't because of some deep flaw or weakness, it was out of a desire to seek protection for you and the baby. Sure, it's possible that things could have otherwise gone perfectly and you wouldn't have needed protection, but it's also possible that you avoided some other unforseen complication by seeking the things you did at the time. There is NOTHING wrong with choosing a path that feels secure in facing a delivery, even if it isn't your ideal plan before labor starts. It is based in the deepest roots of being a "mama"...seeking safety for baby!!

More than anything, just know that TONS of us strong mamas have a lot of healing, physically AND emotionally, after giving birth..be gentle with yourself and have faith that healing will come.
Emily
#316 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 03:31 AM

Teeny- and everyone else.

Teeny, if you need to talk about it I'd suggest calling a birthing from within teacher and seeing if te can help you debrief- or even a doula (do doula courses include listening skills over there?) I think, though, that there is a time and a place for righteous anger, and the birthing stool is one of those places that requires our thought and attention. It's just too important emotionally to allow anything other than a holistic approach by our professionals.

Saying that, maybe Senara's birth was the birth you were meant to have, even though it wasn't what you wanted. Maybe things unfolded that way to support you growing as a person, an individual and a mother.

On totally frivolous topics, DH finished his PGCE last night and is being recommended for Qualified Teacher Status, and River rolled from his front to his back this morning, so life is hopefully going to get a lot calmer around here

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#317 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 AM

Teeny, I too didn`t have the birth of my dreams. I am still chewing on that too. Although I had a drug free and pain free 2 hour birth. I still wish I wpuld have held it out with the pain in my hips and pelvis instead of being in the hospital trying to induce for 2 days. I wanted a hb, dh did not. I was poked abd prodded in the hospital, had an Iv "just incase" Had the mw yell at me that the Dr was standing outside the door with forceps in one hand and a suction thing in the other and if I didnt push my baby out NOW then he would come in and pull her out of me. Even though everything was going great. Thought I would share with you maybe it makes you feel a little better knowing that not many of us here got our dream births!

On another note. I feel rotten. Ashlee fell out of the bed last night She didn't cry but for a second because she was frightend and not because she was hurt. I am really going to have to think of something today to make sure that doesn't happen again. I feel rotten but she is doing ok My poor baby! I am thankful that somehow a pillow had fallen out of bed where she fell. Otherwise it would have been a hard landing we have wooden floors. The beds aren't as high here as they are in the states either thank goodness! Still feel like crap though seeing my baby on the floor and hearing that light thump.
#318 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Jezzy, sounds terrible! Glad that she is ok!

Helen, congrats to Steve!!! That is awesome!
#319 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Teeny -- there is a great group on livejournal called birthtrauma for women exactly like you -- who had a disappointing/traumatic/confusing birth experience that they need to process. birthtrauma.livejournal.com

WE GOT TO COME HOME!!! :The street that was flooded, blocking access to our home, cleared off yesterday and was deemed safe for travel. I can't tell you what an incredible relief it is to be home. Robin and I have been away for 10 days which is a LOT for a young baby and TOO MUCH for an adult! I slept better last night than I have in a LONG TIME, which was desperately needed. Today we can finish cleaning out the place we stayed. SO GOOD TO BE HOME!!

I don't know if Robin is close to teething. She drools a lot and sucks on her hands all the time, but that's about it. I'm not looking forward to it. Her nap schedule seems to be in flux all of a sudden and I'm thinking I should read NCSS just to get a handle on what I should be doing. I like the idea of a "routine" but don't want to do anything Ferber-y obviously.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#320 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 12:42 PM

glad you guys are home lauren!!
#321 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 02:16 PM

Welcome home Lauren!
#322 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 02:54 PM

Welcome home Lauren

congrats Helen

: Teeny,

I know it is hard but please try not to beat yourself up to much. I had a hard birth the first time around. I was compeletly uneducated about birth and did everything the hospital told me, the wondered why my baby was so sleepy and couldn't latch.
I guess I got my do over with this one. I am not saying you have to have more kids to come to terms with it, but I will agree that you don't have to ignore your feelings but def. let the good ones in while you are working on the bad ones.

UGh Teething sucks!!! we have been teething for 2 months now and for who knows how much longer.

I have thought that Henry doesn't need me there and I have tried both. Sometimes he want to be snuggled in and left and sometimes he doesn't. The thing about leaving him is he loses his paci and cries b/c of that. so i feel like I have to check on that. Then like last night I had to rock him b/c he was sooo tired.
I suppose one day we will work it out. I feel like it is the teething too. Yesterday he was sucking on his bottom lip most of the day.

I will say that I am sooo tired, Henry has been getting up every 2 hours for awhile now, and now he is crying when he wakes up and has to nurse. Plus he is nursing about every hour while he is awake. Talk about touched out at the end of the day.
Any ideas on why he is nursing this way? the only thing I can think of is b/c AF is visiting and my supply is a little low.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#323 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
WE GOT TO COME HOME!!! :
Yay!!!

Quote:
I will say that I am sooo tired, Henry has been getting up every 2 hours for awhile now, and now he is crying when he wakes up and has to nurse. Plus he is nursing about every hour while he is awake. Talk about touched out at the end of the day.
Any ideas on why he is nursing this way? the only thing I can think of is b/c AF is visiting and my supply is a little low.
This has been Alex's MO for ages, except that he does throw me a bone and sleeps for at least 4-6 hours straight for that first chunk. I was complaining to my mom this morning that he had nursed 3 times between 5.30 and 9.30 and she started in on me about my milk being enough for him : Personally, I think it has more to do with a combination of his lack of real daytime sleep and the reflux - when he gets decent naps (only in the sling, mind), he does go two-three hours between feeds. He was starting to stretch to two hours between feeds a few weeks ago but his reflux got out of control again and the teething started so now we are back to the nurse-a-thons.

He's also discovered a new nursing move - he's always turned his head away while still latched and I've just gotten used to it. Now he's added clamping down on my nipple with his gums - it's happened twice and it took everything I had in me not to scream out.

Oh, and before I forget - Helen on the stone!

TTFN!
#324 of 500 Old 06-21-2008, 11:02 PM

Teeny, I just want to give you a big I don't have much advice, but you definately have a right to mourn over the birth and to mull it over and try and grow as a person from it.

Lauren, I'm so glad you're able to come home!!! I know that has to be a great feeling!

Quote:

That's exactly what Grant has been doing lately- I've chalked it up to teething and just becoming more aware (he used to wake up and then root back to sleep but now he starts crying as soon as he wakes up not already on the boob.) AF isn't the issue here.

Anyone else had crazy cycles? AF came back April 26, then May 12, now is inexplicably absent... I know I should chart if I really want to know but mornings are so hectic that I don't have time to temp and my CM has been inconsistent too...

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#325 of 500 Old 06-22-2008, 04:04 AM

I just read a post from someone with a 5mo who had something that looked like a period at 3mo, kept looking for CM and is now pregnant :

Allyn He's nursing this way because he needs to. It isn't because he's broken, he doesn't need fixing- the right thing for your little guy to do now is to eat every two hours throughout the night. My guess is that it's developmental- he misses mummy- but I could be wrong.

#326 of 500 Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I just read a post from someone with a 5mo who had something that looked like a period at 3mo, kept looking for CM and is now pregnant :

Allyn He's nursing this way because he needs to. It isn't because he's broken, he doesn't need fixing- the right thing for your little guy to do now is to eat every two hours throughout the night. My guess is that it's developmental- he misses mummy- but I could be wrong.
Thank you Helen, I know he isn't broken. I think a lot of my frustration comes from being home all day by myself. I have been noticing that i am really lonely and a 4 month old can only do so much. i don't know anyone here in GA nor do we really have the money to drive around. I am actually looking for full time work, mainly b/c we really need the income but also to give me a little break and some adult time. Of course I am looking in daycare...so not to much adult time and ds will be going there too. I think it will be good for both of us.

I am glad to hear that other babies are doing this as well.

So a few celebrations...the big one... Today is my 27th birthday
(and technically my 1st wedding anniversary...but we are celebrating in Sept.)
*We signed Henry up for his own insurance that we can afford.
*We received our Angel Food box...lots of food in the freezer. That should help us for a few months.
*We are going to be moving in August to a 3bd 2.5 ba house that we will be renting for $20 more than our 1bd apartment : and we will probably be looking for a roommate for one of the rooms.
*I have and interview with Primrose preschools on Tuesday!
*online school is going well
*It looks like we can pay all the bills for June and make the rent :
and
*my sister is still having a good time breastfeeding
Looks like things might be looking up...

tomorrow will be a full week with no dairy or eggs. It has been tough but not as tough as I thought. The spit up is better, last time ds pooped it was still snotty but it had only been 4 days or so with our new diet. So I am optimistic.

I did do the rice cereal 2x and he seems to spit up a lot after it and spit most of it out...though he was interested in it, just got to get through that spit out reflex.

Jezzy I am so sorry that she fell...I remember when my bdd feel off the bed the first time and she did hit the hard floor...and she started to sleep on the floor. But she also fell off the couch once with me holding her feet...she was pretty shocked.

well Happy Sunday everyone...I hope today is a good day for me and you!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#327 of 500 Old 06-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
When I was working in Lush, my haircare training
mmmmmmmmmm.... Lush is yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
She is 70 and wont admit that she isn't the youngest anymore and looks like I have to put my foot down.
my mil is 71 and definitely does NOT admit she's older. she is really good about not taking on more than she can handle though and will sit with linnaea rather than stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
And DH is a SAHD, but is starting to have more and more issues with it. He's a very goal-oriented, project-focused person, and we all know how useful that is when taking care of a wee one.
this is where we were when i was working. it ended in a meltdown and me switching to half days and then quitting. i hope it goes better for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByMySide View Post
They have yet to come up to see my grandmother (she was in the ICU for a week, in the hospital for two weeks, and hospice was called in at the end of last week), and are more worried about making sure that her money stays where it is than anything else.
my dad's family is the same way. no one has stepped up to take care of him (he has eight brothers and sisters) and only one (awesome) aunt has offered to let him stay with her. i've even asked for a break from a few of them and been told no. but as soon as my brother and i move his gun collection into storage everyone is all freaked out and calling attorneys to make sure we aren't trying to sell my dad's stuff t help pay for his groceries or rent or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
I'm so happy! After over a week of pumping and giving bottles of EBM, my sister is now nursing with no pain. Yay! Just had to share.
yay for your sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by operamommy View Post
Peter doesn't even try to roll!
neither does linnaea. she accidentlly rolled from tummy to back today. she was all surprised. but she does NOT do it intentionally or even attempt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixMom View Post
As for me, DS2 had surgery on Tuesday to correct a congenital defect with one of his ureters. D
oh boy mama! i remember you from the ddc but i haven't seen you lately. i'm so glad that everything went okay with your little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
(For example, in school I"m the sort who's always been able to get by with a high B/low A grade that could have been a high A if I had actually studied or done the work). I've never pushed myself to really work at something, I've never pushed myself to overcome a challenge. If I had a challenge, well, I'd wimp out (ie transfer).
hey mama! i'm another one of those B+/A- students. i totally know exactly what you mean about doing well enough without actually having to put effort into it that you don't really push yourself. linnaea's birth was mostly really cool living where i do (FAR from town) and in a conservative area. but i STILL kick myself because i agreed to an iv and they kept trying to get it in after they colapsed one vein and missed the other several times. after i asked them if we really had to do this. until finally my midwife stopped them. but i should have just said, "stop now. i do not want this." and my midiwfe was great but still pretty medical and she used the external monitor for the required ten minutes of an hour even though i had the necessary number of kicks and heartrate was fine even when i said i'd really rather not be monitored anymore. but i wasn't ASSERTIVE and i think it made the birth more uncomfortable than it had to be. though overall it was great, no meds, baby born in the shower spontaneously, didn't leave us the entire time, blah blah blah. i STILL kick myself for letting them keep trying to stick me for the iv when i should have been concentrating on my baby.

i'm not sure of the point but you are NOT alone in having regrets and having them pop up every so often. the iv thing just popped up for me a few days ago, again.

i have realized that often, if i confront the person i feel wronged me i let go of it. if i don't i hold on to it. in a way i think i might avoid confrontation so i can keep those hurts with me? or maybe i'm just not an assertive person. i dunno.

anyway, i'm sure some good advice will come along.

i've been keeping this post waiting for a couple of days sorry if i'm behind i'll catch up with the rest of page 16 and 17 after we get back from working in the community garden :

eh. who needs a signature?
#328 of 500 Old 06-22-2008, 02:15 PM

Sorry, Allyn, that came out wrong. I just remember how frustrated I was with Alex, and how convinced I was that something was wrong with him because he just wanted more, more, more all the time- well, I read your stories of Henry and it reminds me so much of us 9 years ago.

#329 of 500 Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 PM

Lauren - so glad you're home!

Jezzy, Playa - my MIL just turned 74, and seems completely fine... now you guys have me worried!

Teeny - I'm reading a lot of "I KNOW this, I KNEW that," and a lot of underlying "shoulda dones" in your post. As another first timer who researched the whole birthin' thing to death but didn't quite have the birth in the plan... um, knowing something intellectually isn't the same thing as making it happen. We were as prepared as we could have been without having actually done it. You're putting too much pressure on yourself. And you're blaming yourself for something for which is there is no blame.

I don't mean to minimize your emotion. I ask that you keep it in *balance* with the good you did for your baby by doing as much as you did. You went miles beyond the norm for your child, and have much for which to honor yourself.

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#330 of 500 Old 06-22-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
oh Helen don't scare me like that!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page