Forum Jump: 

#61 of 500 Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post
birthmommom and anyone with a wrap...

i totally want to get a wrap, how do you like it? i'm trying to convince myself to get a really nice one... what kind did you get? is it hard to learn to wrap?
I have a gypsymomma wrap that I LOVE - it is SO comfy, and versitile enough to get creative with. The only problem is that it takes 2 hands to wrap it, and I haven't figured out how to get him in and out of it without wrapping and unwrapping each time.

It came with directions and I practiced while I was pregnant. I actually used a 10 pound bag of rice to practice with, thinking that there was *no way* he'd be 10 pounds - and he was, exactly!! And I was thinking the rice was heavy!

But even now, with him somewhere between 16-19 pounds (who knows these days?!) the wrap is still very comfortable. I don't feel it at all on my shoulders or back if I wrap it right. And it's cool enough in the summer, too - he gets hot against me, but the wrap itself (across my back) doesn't.
#62 of 500 Old 06-04-2008, 09:53 PM

Mosesface - I'm so glad someone else kept their positive pregnancy tests!! I still have mine, and it still makes me smile, every single time! Like even though I have an actual baby in my arms, there's something exciting about seeing that second line on there, you know?

My goodness, I can't wait to go again!!

It's a shame that bf is good birth control - I'm actually jealous of all you moms that have gotten your periods back already! I want to be one of those moms that gets knocked up again right away, back to back - I'm just so scared of going through the infertility rollercoaster again!!
#63 of 500 Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Subbing! Still not finding time to post much, but I do read

We're coming up on the anniversary of Mia's conception. At this time last year I was saying, "ok, ovulation's right around the corner!" and we were getting all excited. I FELT it when conception happened, though even so, I wasn't 100% sure til we took the test. Which was a digital test, so within a few weeks it went from saying "pregnant" to a blank screen. (I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it though, not til well after Mia was born. But I do have a photo of it pronouncing "pregnant!") I'll never forget the joy of the moment when I confirmed the pregnancy with that test. I peed on the stick, waited those three long minutes, and then me & DH went to look at the results together. When I saw "pregnant," I burst into tears.

And I'm all teary now thinking of what an amazing journey this is and how blessed I feel to have my Mia. I am so in love with her. Parental love is the most astonishingly profound emotion I've ever experienced. Motherhood is amazing.

It's great fun to see everyone's precious little loves! I LOVE smiley baby pictures. Oh, babies babies babies! Here is mine.
#64 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 12:00 AM

A year ago right now I was doing a little of THIS myself... Now look at her!!

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#65 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 AM

Playa - I have an EllaRoo wrap and I really like it. Its 100% cotton, lightweight and breathable for a hot climate. It was so easy for me to learn, I looked at the instructions that came with it and was able to wrap DD by myself the first try. Granted, the first try wasn't perfect and I had to learn about tightening, but its really easy and very versatile. I tend to agree that a wrap is a wrap in that any SPOC like the EllaRoo can be tied in the same ways. If you can find cloth that is lightweight and breathable and you like the look of it, then go for it. I chose the EllaRoo cuz there aren't any local fabric stores save for quilters, and one of those patterns as a wrap.... well, it just wasn't me.

eilonwy - I'm one of those here that didn't get to have an EBF babe. My DD has clear signals of when she is done with the bottle. She will play with the nipple in her mouth, just kinda gumming it around. Lately she has begun using her hands to push it out of her mouth. If she doesn't get enough I can tell that too. She is up to eating 6oz for a big meal. If I make her 4oz cuz it hasn't been very long and to me I think it will be a small meal..... but then the 4oz is gone and she wants more.......oh my. She fusses. But when I have tried to quickly make another 2oz it doesn't work. By then she has decided she isn't hungry after all. It's hard cuz it is a guessing game for each meal (I don't like to say feed, you feed horses and cows ), but I just do my best and it has been working well for us. I wish she never had to experience the feeling of the bottle running empty before she is ready, but it is what it is now. Also, I am not sure if you are supplementing or fully on the bottle now, but my LC suggested to use a pacifier because bottle babies generally don't get their suckling needs met by the short time that they spend on the bottle. I felt that made sense, so I went ahead with that once it was for sure that the bottle was going to replace the boob. I know it's not very MDC, but you gotta do what feels right for yourself and LO.

So things are well with DD. She weighed in at 15lbs today at our local Mommy & Me group. She started at 7lbs10oz. I tell her that every time she sleeps, when she wakes up she has grown, that is how it feels and looks to me sometimes. She can nearly sit by herself. I keep my hands close, but she can sit on her own for a few seconds before she wobbles out of position. She frequently rolls over from side to tummy, but not from the back yet. It'll happen. She watches other babies so closely when around them. I know she is learning from seeing them crawl and other things. Today towards the end of our baby group there were only 4 babies left in the room and the older ones were babbling away, then she started talking with them. It was so sweet, she knew they were speaking her language.

I have been visited by AF twice. The last time after she left DP and I didn't waste time with DTD. Afterwards he freaked out cuz the condom had slipped off. I told him not to worry cuz AF had literally just left. But how do I know if I am ovulating yet? I know that most likely I wouldn't get pregnant based on the timing of events, but I also know it is possible. Should I worry or is it a pretty safe bet I'll be seeing AF in 3 weeks?
#66 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahsMommy View Post
It's a shame that bf is good birth control - I'm actually jealous of all you moms that have gotten your periods back already! I want to be one of those moms that gets knocked up again right away, back to back - I'm just so scared of going through the infertility rollercoaster again!!
Breastfeeding has never been "good birth control" for me. Not even close. Given the choice... I'd probably have spread the kids out a wee bit farther.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#67 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post

so, moms of multiple kiddos, how different where your babes?
Oh, jeez. You really want to know?
DS1 rolled at 8 weeks, sat at 4 months, bottom-shuffled at 25 weeks, pulled to standing and cruised at 27 weeks and was walking independently before he was nine months old. It was HELL. He is the reason why I'm such a big believer in swaddling boards. The verbal stuff was slower, but he was talking cohesively before his first birthday and was using words like "sophisticated" by two, as well as sentences, and was telling stories before he was 18 mo. His big weakness was (and remains) fine motor development. Yes, he's now labelled G&T.
DS2 was held in arms continuously until he was 7 months old, when he learnt to sit without screaming at people, and crawled at 10 months. Walked at 12 months, has hit every other milestone bang on, and hit problem-solving abilities early- like moving a chair and putting a box on top of it to get to the biscuit barrel. That was 13 months. Both his gross and fine motor development are now far better than DS1's, but he insists on hiding his light under a bushel (specifically, a pile of behavioural issues)- is average academically, but I reckon there's more to him than he lets on. I have no idea about him talking, but I do remember him laughing early.
DD rolled at 3 months, sat at 5, crawled at 7, clung to me obsessively at 8, walked at 12, talked appropriately and is generally totally average. She's consistently good at stuff though, iykwim- because her talents are evenly spread she actually comes across as more able than Alex was at this age. River, bless him, is slightly slow to move- he has no interest in the whole 180 degree thing, as long as he can get onto his side for boobie when he feels like it. He'll lie on his tummy and is trying to figure out how to push his bum up - he is easily the most verbal child I've had though. I no longer believe that Rynna was delusional when she heard Bear talking, put it that way.
Looking at the exchange rate, I reckon a calin bleu would actually only cost you $75, btw, plus shipping. They're 37 quid.
Gen, if I were you I'd learn to chart. Jeremiah'smommy, it's totally possible to conceive before the first pp AF- I've done it three times. I do believe that most of my miscarriages were the result of my body rejecting a pregnancy I wasn't ready for, though, so- you know. It's swings and roundabouts.
to all!

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#68 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 AM

Rynna, unfortunately a baby can be underfed on the boob AND it can be less than obvious, as I discovered to my sorrow with this wee one. DS was nursing nonstop but not gaining well because of the tongue tie. Thing is, he wasn't unhappy, either, so it was shocking when I realized how poor his gain really was. The icky term "happy to starve" applied here.

So far DS is slower on gross motor stuff than his sister (no signs of rolling over, still iffy on head control) but he's seeming very similar on everything else. DD was a spot-on "average" baby for all things motor till she hit 2, when she was delayed for a while.

He's really "talkative," just like she was, which is good, since otherwise he'd never get a word in!

Here is my charmer:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ent=325008.jpg

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#69 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 11:50 AM

When are babies supposed to double their birth weight?

Anyone else have a petite baby? I had Ashlee weighed today she is gaining good she weighs 6240 g about 14lbs seems small to me but when i give in her weight gain at kelly mom she is doing fine.

New pics!

All smiles
My girls
#70 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post

Anyone else have a petite baby? I had Ashlee weighed today she is gaining good she weighs 6240 g about 14lbs seems small to me but when i give in her weight gain at kelly mom she is doing fine.

New pics!

All smiles
My girls
Jack was 13-4 at his 4 month appt on May 23rd. He is consistently in the 25th percentile for weight.

Though, he did jump from the 75th to the 90th for length - explains where all the milk went from the endless nursing

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#71 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 02:55 PM

Okay quick try to catch up! I kept waiting to reply to things until I could get totally caught up on the board, which took me like 2 weeks it seems and now I've forgotten most of what I wanted to say. Someone asked me what kind of dog the puppers in our picture was, though, I remember that! Her name is Beka, she is my "neice" I'm not sure what all she is, I know she is part pit bull (er... sp?) and I think a lot of mutt, hehe. She was a rescue dog, poor thing, but it doing awesome now, happy and sweet as can be! You would never guess meeting her now that she spent her first couple years locked in a tiny cage outside, half starved and beaten. Goes to show what a whole lot of love can do.

On the falling off the charts - Our doctor told us that the charts docs use are based on breastfed and formula fed babies, and that in all actuality they have different growth rates. So while formula fed babes tend to grow at a steady rate, breastfed babies have more of a steady increase, then curve. I'm sure you could look a chart up online for breastfed babies. My nephew was under the normal chart but right on for the breastfed chart.

As for more fussiness, Kaia has been starting to be more fussy, too, I put it down to the teething. I froze the leg of this little cloth cat thing in some boobfood for her, which she loved, and have made a few BM ice chips I'm going to try wrapping in a bit of cloth for her.

to all those with sleeping woes! It is hard to function without good rest. You all make me feel guilty While we have rough nights here and there, Kaia pretty much set herself a bedtime of between 7:00 and 8:30. Doesn't really matter what we're doing, sometimes nursing, sometimes hanging out, she just passes out and I put her in bed. She still wakes and nurses every few hours, but I'm getting better at being able to fall back asleep more quickly (I have always needed at least an hour to fall asleep) and I'm really hoping her *aim* improves soon, so I could just relax or go back to sleep while she nurses Right now I'm just terrified and ready with my fingers to de-latch her. When she loses the boob she will latch on the first thing she makes contact with and that can HURT! She doesn't usually sleep at all during the day except one or two 5 - 10 minute naps, but she wakes up from them seeming totally recharged and happy as can be. Her teething necklace came in yesterday and idk, seems to help? I think it's really pretty, anyway

Okay... so.. wraps. I have a moby, but unless I know we're going on a really really long hike, I don't usually bother. I really like it when it works, I wish I thought is was a piece of cake, but it really seems like a pain in the you-know-what to me And more often then not she doesn't want to stay in it for more than a minute or two, even though the facing out position is exactly how she likes to be carried! gah! Am I doing something wrong? How do you make that huge thing quick and easy? It always comes unfolded so then I'm trying to get the entire dang thing folded back in half, meanwhile dragging nearly the entire length of it around in dirt, bark and pineneedles that all get stuck to it, and then I tuck it and it all gets bunched up, and I'm trying to straighten that out and around my shoulders and behind my back it all gets twisted and then when it is fianlly all together it's pulling my shirt up, I'm trying to jam Kaia in, and 45 seconds later she wants out!

I do also have some standard sling which she also hates, and a mei tai or two which I have no idea how to use. Anyway, pretty much I just carry her everywhere. She only likes to be carried facing out, unless she is really, really sleepy. I really wish there were a way to free up my arms, especially around the house, but even when I have gotten her okay in the wrap, well, i'm kinda short and I can really get to the counters around her anyway without squishing her. Anyway, end of wall-o-text, if anyone has some suggestions for me, I would love to hear them! I'm going to take a look at these "ring slings". All our carriers were hand-me-downs, or I made then, or the moby DP's sister got us, so I think we could invest in one.

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#72 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 03:16 PM

I have an inexplicable fear of wraps. They just look so complicated to me, I'm terrified of spending money on one and then being unable to make it work. Perhaps with a Real Live Person helping me, I'd give it a shot. I wore Bear on my back in the ring sling for several hours over the weekend, and while I wish I'd had help (would have been nice to get him a bit higher) I think it went pretty well over all. I guess I just feel like the ring slings are harder to mess up.

#73 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 03:38 PM

Reraps, we have a few kinds. I love the Moby, but only for the first 3 months or so. We have a few woven ones and I love those, they are very supportive, especially when I am wearing her for a long time. It took a little bit to get her wrapped on my back, but we managed it at about 8 weeks, when I knew she could really hold her head up for a while.
#74 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 04:20 PM

Heres a link to a photo of me wearing DD in her EllaRoo. I also have a sling, but can only wear that for short trips, like to the grocery store or whatever. I need something that spreads the weight across both shoulders. I've never felt too strained by the way the wrap distributes weight, well, except for one time when DP and I went on an agressive hike, it was hard going uphill, but downhill was also pretty rough since my center of gravity was off with DD hanging from my front. I shoulda let DP wear her for part of it, but I'm stubborn, it's my exercise routine. Oh yeah, the wrap I have is the size large so that DP can wear it too. So it is way too long for me, but I just wrap the ends around me one more time and tie it in the front instead of back.
I want to get used to wearing DD on my back now that she has good head control, but I like having her in front where I can kiss her little head as we walk. I also think she'll pull my hair if riding in the back, she does it even now, but at least now I can see how to untangle her hand from it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Geneviev...73735920384962
#75 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 04:47 PM

I hate bottle feeding.

That is all.

:

#76 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I hate bottle feeding.

That is all.

:

Me too. Just keep loving and laughing so the babe doesn't pick up on negative emotions while eating from the bottle. Celebrate that your able to do so many other things for your DC.
#77 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Dea

Ohhh can I talk about wraps too?
I love love love mine. I have a couple Mobys and another wrap that is made out of solar veil, it's a wee shorter than the Moby, but it's still good. I love my Mobys they are totally forgiving, I can put them on all sloppy and they are still comfy, however my other wraps has to be put on neatly or it won't tie in the front (gotta lose this weight!) and it's not comfy if it bunches!
I would seriously reccomend wraps to anyone! I'm searching out the perfect didy though. While Mobys are great they're hot and a didy is woven and less hot, it also doesn't stretch like a Moby so it was work for a larger baby, even though Moby claims to work up to 35lbs, it would stretch out a lot!
I have a New Native pouch and Trixie is getting used to it and I have a NOS original ring sling which we are getting used to too.
Anyhow I am a total babywearing junkie, I rarely break out the stroller and never when I am alone with Trixie when I'm out and about.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#78 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 PM

In general, I have a hard time with pouches-- they never seem to sit right. Being short and chubby, it's an issue for me, I just can't get them high enough most of the time. I love love love the fleecy pouch in winter, but if not for the warmth factor I'd probably have passed it on ages ago.

The thing I love about ring slings is that they're totally adjustable, and being as short as I am, it's difficult to get one that's *too* short for me. The first sling that Sarita made me comes all the way to my ankles with a baby in it! The newer one, I asked her to make shorter. She thought it'd be too short to be useful, but it's perfect-- the tail hangs just shy of my knees w/Bear in it.

#79 of 500 Old 06-05-2008, 06:26 PM

Rynna.

Juise, have you seen the wilkinet? River does quite like the forward-facing carry in it.
10 more days of DH's placement, and one day in uni, then he's a qualified teacher. I can hang in there that long, can't I?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#80 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post
Right now I'm just terrified and ready with my fingers to de-latch her. When she loses the boob she will latch on the first thing she makes contact with and that can HURT!
oh my gosh! the boobie hickies suck! linnaea is much worse than lazlo.

thanks for all the wrap advice!

eh. who needs a signature?
#81 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Juise, have you seen the wilkinet? River does quite like the forward-facing carry in it.
I had seen that before, but I didn't realize they could face out in it

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#82 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_laughing View Post

you have me totally convinced to buy a wrap

eh. who needs a signature?
#83 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
I hate bottle feeding.

That is all.

:
#84 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:

New pics!

All smiles
My girls
He was 6.130 kilo last week and 63.9 cm, long & skinny. If she's happy and gaining I wouldn't worry about it

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#85 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 05:52 AM

Quote:
I hate bottle feeding.

That is all.

:

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#86 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:

[/SIZE]

General guidelines say double at 6 months, triple at 1 yr. Robin is 1 lb away from being double and she's 3 1/2 months .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#87 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 AM

EG was 6 lb 14 oz at birth, and hit 16 pounds yesterday...not quite four months old!

But he's also not at all interested in crawling, and only rolls onto his side. I know he CAN roll onto his belly, as I don't put him down on his stomach but he wakes up that way all the time. But he's doing it when he's asleep. If he gets on his belly when he's awake, he raises a ruckus.

Confession: I want a crib. I'm afraid we've missed the window where we can convince the baby that his own bed is a lovely thing to be desired. Cosleeping has been great, in that I'm better rested than most of the moms I know, and I'm one of two moms I know in person who have been successfully breastfeeding. I chalk that up to the cosleeping, I really do. But I'm so tired of tiny toes in my crotch, kicking furiously because he needs to fart at dawn. Ironically, my husband, the one who kind of freaked out when I said before the birth "let's bring the baby into our bed"? Yeah. Doesn't want the little guy to leave, and is dragging his big adult feet on buying a crib. I know I should be glad, but I'm feeling like "if it were YOUR crotch getting the kicking just when the birds were getting loud so you couldn't fall back asleep..." Just whining, I'm tired this AM

Speaking of sleeping: I don't understand how he can wake up in the morning in the room, alone, and cheerfully babble to himself for an hour... but when I put him down at night, and he wakes up alone BECAUSE IT IS 8:30 AND MAMA DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO BED YET, he shrieks. I thought it was the dark, but no, he still gets pissed with all the lights on. What's the difference between morning-alone and night-with-lights-on-alone?

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#88 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 10:30 AM

Ugh. Ok, help me think this through. DD (15 weeks) on a good night will wake to nurse 2x and go peacefully back to sleep. This means she wakes every 3-5 hours. I can TOTALLY deal with that, I feel rested and refreshed in the morning.

HOWEVER, this happens maybe 1-2 times a week. What is more common is that she wakes, nurses, I carefully scoot her away when she is done only to have her wiggle and wake up every 30-60 minutes. She will wiggle an squirm and eventually wake up and cry. I know she either needs to toot or burp, but most of the time she can't get it out. So, I am up every hour trying to rock, pat, shush, ect her back to sleep. The only way she will go back to sleep though is to nurse, which only makes the problem worse!

I know I have OAL, so she gulps a lot of air. I've tried block feeding, to the point that I am only feeding on one side all night, to try to get the hindmilk, and not so much forceful letdown. It's not helping. I've cut out all meats (going veg! Yea!) and most dairy, save for the ounce of cream in my coffee and the (very) occasional slice of cheese. I don't know what else to do!!!

At this point, night-weaning sounds very nice, and sometimes I feel like it would alleviate the gassy problem at night. I do think she is way to young to go for long without milk. But perhaps 5 hours? Then at least I could have that much rest, and I could function. We are both tired, cranky, and have dark circles under our eyes. She is turning from happy go lucky baby to a crying mess all day long. I've tried teething tablets, RR, and colic tablets, with no difference.

Not to mention that while she is up grunting, rolling around and eventually crying, she is waking up dd1, who is 3. Then I'm left to deal with two awake, cranky kids, both wanting to nurse, and one cranky, overtired, not so nice or gentle mama.
#89 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
General guidelines say double at 6 months, triple at 1 yr. Robin is 1 lb away from being double and she's 3 1/2 months .
Ok, she has doubled her weight already at 4 months

writerbird. I hear you about getting kicked in the crotch at wee hours because of a fart! Seems Ash needs to fart at around 5am every morning. She is starting to get squirmy too.

How are you keeping your babies in bed? Mind sleeps on my side or on top of me. I have to figure out something soon otherwise she will be falling out soon. Maybe dh can make something
#90 of 500 Old 06-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writerbird View Post
EG was 6 lb 14 oz at birth, and hit 16 pounds yesterday...not quite four months old!

But he's also not at all interested in crawling, and only rolls onto his side. I know he CAN roll onto his belly, as I don't put him down on his stomach but he wakes up that way all the time. But he's doing it when he's asleep. If he gets on his belly when he's awake, he raises a ruckus.
Bella was crawling and walking in her sleep about a month before she was doing it awake. So cute.

Quote:
Confession: I want a crib. I'm afraid we've missed the window where we can convince the baby that his own bed is a lovely thing to be desired. Cosleeping has been great, in that I'm better rested than most of the moms I know, and I'm one of two moms I know in person who have been successfully breastfeeding. I chalk that up to the cosleeping, I really do. But I'm so tired of tiny toes in my crotch, kicking furiously because he needs to fart at dawn. Ironically, my husband, the one who kind of freaked out when I said before the birth "let's bring the baby into our bed"? Yeah. Doesn't want the little guy to leave, and is dragging his big adult feet on buying a crib. I know I should be glad, but I'm feeling like "if it were YOUR crotch getting the kicking just when the birds were getting loud so you couldn't fall back asleep..." Just whining, I'm tired this AM
Well... you could always try mylicon or gripe water. Makes the farting easier on the little tummy-tums, so there's less crotch kicking.

That said, if you wait another month or two he'll probably think the crib is a great novelty and be absolutely fascinated by it. My kids all thought cribs and playpens were hilarious and great fun... mostly because they never slept in them at home.

Quote:
Speaking of sleeping: I don't understand how he can wake up in the morning in the room, alone, and cheerfully babble to himself for an hour... but when I put him down at night, and he wakes up alone BECAUSE IT IS 8:30 AND MAMA DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO BED YET, he shrieks. I thought it was the dark, but no, he still gets pissed with all the lights on. What's the difference between morning-alone and night-with-lights-on-alone?
Oh it's really simple. Put yourself in his position, only make the hour 2:30 a.m.-- make more sense? In the morning, he's waking up refreshed and happy. He's *exhausted* at 8:30, and doesn't have the energy to do much but throw a fit because he's overly tired. Try putting him to bed a bit earlier, and *definately* continue to turn the lights off (or minimize them)-- you don't want him learning that darktime is a time to be awake!

Quote:
Ok, she has doubled her weight already at 4 months [
Bear may have doubled his birthweight, too. My big grownup boy!

Quote:
How are you keeping your babies in bed? Mind sleeps on my side or on top of me. I have to figure out something soon otherwise she will be falling out soon. Maybe dh can make something
Double-sided tape? Okay, no. I'm not sure how to answer the question... Bear stays in bed just the way his siblings do/did. He wiggles out sometimes, too. He really really really thinks he can crawl. Such a lovebug!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page