June 2007 Moms ~ Happy Birthday June-babes! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have fun in Oregon Willolevin! We'll be making the trek in a few weeks to visit my mom and dad and other family. I'm like you though...a HUGE worry wart. I'm nervous this time because there are 3 of us going and only 2 seats per row so dd will be across the aisle sitting next to some stranger who may or may not appreciate young children and their exhuberance. Yipes!

We had a sleep break through tonight also! Sean was not falling asleep nursing as is his usual routine so I popped him off and just snuggled him and he fell asleep! Usually this would make him cry because he wants to be latched on, or he would take it as a cue to get up and start crawling all over. But he flipped over to his tummy, leaned his head against me and spent about 15 minutes relaxing next to me before falling asleep. It was so lovely!!

Mom to :, , and :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 AM

SIGG or KK or foogo or LLBean... the real trick is to make sure you don't "lose" a mostly empty drinking bottle of soy milk behind the couch for a few days.

Luckily dd1 found it, took a sip, spat it out and said "this is yucky". I'm betting if Ro found it first she'd take a slurp then sprinkle it all over the floor. Ick.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#213 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 AM

Summer travel will be coming our way in a little bit too--we'll be visiting family and friends in New England just after the 4th of July. I'm flying up with Joy by myself and DH will join us later in the week, so I'm also a bit anxious about the travel stuff. Safe travels and fun times to all that are heading away as well!

We're alternating fantastically good and fantastically bad nights of sleep here. At least there's some good thrown in the mix this week! Joy's birthday is on Monday and we're having her cake on Sunday, which is also our wedding anniversary. I've taken care of getting everything ready for the birthday but haven't thought about the anniversary! I don't feel like we need to do presents, but I'm going to try and at least get my act together to get a card. It's all rather symbolic about how it feels like the marriage has taken a VERY back seat since Joy's birth. It's really hard to feel like we connect much at all these days. DH's parents will stay at the house on Sunday when Joy has her afternoon nap so we'll be able to get out for an hour and have a beer or something.

Wombat--I was in Ithaca way back in '96, after I graduated college. I can't believe it's been a dozen years... I love those college towns that have so much access to outdoor activities, like Ithaca and Boulder. DH is in a line of work very tied to Washington, DC, so it's hard for us to relocate, but maybe someday!

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
#214 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 01:31 PM

Yay for somewhat good sleep, I hope the babies continue! Evan's sleep is all over the place too: some good nights and some bad nights. I've sort of given up worrying too much about it. I know it will get better sometime before he's 2.

Puffin, I hope you have a good birthday/anniversary celebration! It is easy to lose the connection with a little one in the picture. DH and I have been working hard at trying to keep our connection. It does get better over time, as your little one becomes more independent.

Evan is continuing to get his daily injuries. Today he fell off a play mat onto a hardwood floor and has a red mark on his head. DH gave him a serious haircut last night and I'm still getting used to it. He looks so funny! Luckily his hair grows so fast soit will be back soon.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#215 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM

Jillian -- do you have before and after pictures of the haircut? I've been postponing Sean's first hair cut. I don't want him to lose his baby look for a toddler look quite yet...

#216 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdInAZ View Post
Jillian -- do you have before and after pictures of the haircut? I've been postponing Sean's first hair cut. I don't want him to lose his baby look for a toddler look quite yet...
He doesn't look like a baby anymore. I haven't taken a picture of him after the haircut yet. But cutting it too short really takes the baby look away!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#217 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM

I'm just so impressed that some kiddos have enough hair to cut! Ro has a "top knot" that is getting long but most of her hair is about where it was when she was born... I mean, it's sort of growing at the same speed as her head so she really doesn't look like she has any more hair than she did a year ago.

I had such hope (dd1 was a bald baby and really didn't have much hair till closer to 2yo and then when dd2 was born with hair I was positive I'd have a shaggy kiddo).

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#218 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM

I have some hairy kids! DS1 had his first hair cut @ 7 mos. This is Evan's second real haircut. He's had at least 2 other trims byt his ears, neck, and forehead. Both of them were born with heads full of hair that never fell out and just kept growing. My hair grows really fast too.

#219 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

I made it to Oregon. The flights were okay, and the GoGoKidz wheels for a carseat are FANTASTIC!!!

My cell phone, however, is a piece of... er, let's just say it is acting super weird and I feel VERY cut off from my normal level of technology. I'm currently stealing bandwidth from some neighbor's unprotected wireless network as my brother/SIL aren't very high tech, either. One email to DH and one to you guys.

A. handled the long flights better this time (than at 6 mo old)--sleeping for much of the first leg and quite manic on the second, but okay if I held him and let him look around over the seat tops. I must officially recommend against ever putting yourself in a situation where you must do your business in an airplane toilet with your 4 yo needing to pee and your 1 yo still in arms! Barely possible, and I arrived feeling like we'd all rubbed up against a whole planeful of strangers' collective urine dribbles. :

DH had to take his dad (my FIL) to the urgent care center yesterday due to a terribly high blood pressure spike. He wasn't taking the meds he'd been prescribed previously, so hopefully they will do the trick, but what a dreadful thing for poor DH while he was also fussing about our trip.

--willo
#220 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM

puffin, good luck with your summer travel. And here I am all nervous about a 2.5 hour car trip. Guess I'm just a wuss.

willo, enjoy Oregon and congrats on surviving the flights. Best wishes to your FIL.

Sleep is for wimps. Or so I keep telling myself to make myself feel better. Owen's had a rough week. He's had a fever off and on since last Friday but it started getting higher and higher. Turns out he has one NASTY ear infection. Poor babe. He didn't give any signs of it, no redness or ear pulling or fussing about nursing or laying down. Just grumpy as anything and a fever. Fevers for him mean waking up around 2:00 and being awake until 4:00, flopping and rolling and talking and crying. Soooo not like him. Not that he gives me anything like an uninterrupted night's sleep. He usually nurses 5-6 times in a night, but he doesn't wake up for it. This has been killing me. Last night was the worst, but then, his fever was the highest too. He tossed and turned and fussed and cried half asleep until about 12:30 when he finally woke all the way up and cried and rolled and cried. Boiling hot and nothing I did was helping. When he finally fell back asleep on me around 2:30 he crashed until almost 5:00, nursed, and then slept until almost 8:00. He's gotten up around 6:00 just about every day of his life! I was shocked.

Haircuts? Owen is still a baldie babe. He's got barely there whispies all over his head, but nothing like real hair yet.

Owen at 12 months old
#221 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM

Poor Owen, and poor mama. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Evan has enough hair to make up for all of the hairless babes in this DDC! Here he is pre-hair cut: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jillmar...7605755871948/

He's sleeping now so I can't take an after. I still think his hair looks funny. DH likes it.

#222 of 237 Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 PM

Patch Owen has the prettiest, brightest eyes, he will definately brake a heart or two later on! Jilian I like long hair on baby boys, Evan's is cute!

Jolie has long wispy hair, I have been putting it in a ponytail on top of her head, just like bam-bam, it is adorable:!!

Just dropping in to say hi, off to water the garden:

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#223 of 237 Old 06-28-2008, 02:19 PM

Oh what cute babies!!! Good luck with all the summer travels. We're sticking to car trips this year.

BTW, will we still be here in July or do we have to move to the toddlers section? I want to make sure I can find you all again. TIA!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#224 of 237 Old 06-28-2008, 03:43 PM

A lot of groups do move to toddler at a year... thoughts?

Our big travel plans don't hit till late Dec/early Jan and I'm getting scared about prices. The cheapest thing I've seen is still well over a thousand dollars and would involve 5 days of non-stop travel at either end of the trip, which sort of kills our having any time actually AT our destination!

#225 of 237 Old 06-28-2008, 03:54 PM

Wow, I can't believe we have toddlers! : Time goes by so fast when you're old!

#226 of 237 Old 06-28-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
A lot of groups do move to toddler at a year... thoughts?
I'm so not ready for that!
#227 of 237 Old 06-29-2008, 12:08 AM

I would be happy moving to toddlers

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#228 of 237 Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 AM

So I asked my dd if ds was still a baby. She looked at me as if I was dumb and said of course not. He is a toddler because he is one. So I said, but he doesn't toddle yet! (He is still only crawling) She said it doesn't matter. You are only a baby when you are 0 years old. So I guess we vote for a move over to the toddler section too.

#229 of 237 Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 PM

Not that I have any real vote here since I don't visit that often - but please please please, let us stay babies for a bit longer. I am not ready to have a toddler be my youngest (and last!!!) Can we wait until September?

All is well here - need to scroll back to see a few more of the what is happening around here.

I went back to work, my husband is working most weeks in another city (so away for the week), my nanny is awesome, I move on Thursday, the renovated house isn't ready yet (no toilets, telephone, cable, sink with faucet ... I have sinks, no door knobs, no curtains, no appliances) - and the kiddos are thriving amongst it all. (We do better on utter chaos - four kiddos isn't enough to put us over the top) - OK, feeling a bit stressed. Thankfully, we all are sleeping relatively well - go Seanie, go!

Seanie got his haircut last week - for the fourth or fifth time.

here is a picture - of him making a mess while I am trying to pack, and also one on his b-day (the 4 year old had face painting at daycare).

http://bp1.blogger.com/_SywrmgzIGzI/...h/IMG_1629.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_SywrmgzIGzI/...h/IMG_5541.JPG

Wish us luck this week - and I will send some sleepy vibes to our sleep-fighters!
#230 of 237 Old 06-30-2008, 10:57 AM

I'm sad to see our babies labeled as toddlers too. It seems weird for me to call Evan a toddler when he isn't walking. But I remember calling DS1 a toddler at this age. I don't mind either way if we move or stay for another month or two.

If I may be honest for a moment: I am getting more and more resnetful of the nighttime nursing. The past few nights Evan has woken up a lot, at least 5 times each night. I fall asleep nursing him with my arm over my head. I've been waking up in so much pain. My neck, upper back, shoulder, and arms are so sore from sleeping like this. I'm taking Advil for it today and I hate taking any medicine. Evan has also started tantrums where he throws himself down on the floor : I think he's on the verge of a tooth or a breakthrough but he's been very difficult these past few days. I need to find some way of cutting back on the night nursing. He *should* be able to get by with only 1-2 night nursings at this point. End of whine.

#231 of 237 Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Good luck Ann! Sean looks like such a big boy. It is so funny to see him in the cabinet

#232 of 237 Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM

I think we're the end of the June birthdays! Joy's birthday is today and we had her little party yesterday. DH's family came by and we had some cake (I made the banana bundt cake and she loved it!!!) and presents. She really seemed to like the musical instruments we got for her and it was a fun time for all of us. : Yesterday was also our wedding anniversary and when Joy had her afternoon nap, my MIL stayed at the house and DH and I went out for lunch together. It was probably the 3rd or 4th time we've been out alone since she was born and it was nice to have some time together.

I'm finding it hard to believe that the first year is over. In many ways, it was sooooo hard and I'm glad to be past much of it, but I'm also a bit sad and mushy too. Our neighbors had a baby last week and I can't believe that our little one was that tiny a year ago. I honestly don't even remember her being that small.

I have a couple of new birthday pics on photobucket but something's funky and I can't get the links in, so I'll have to post them next month when I can figure it all out.

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
#233 of 237 Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM

Happy Birthday, Joy!!!
#234 of 237 Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Happy birthday Joy! Lola is a cutie, she has great hair.

#235 of 237 Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM

LO had her first birthday yesterday!!! We had a wonderful little party with close family and LO was a hoot. Her cousin (who is about to start cooking school) made her a lovely cake. LO sat on the table, with everyone surrounding her, and had fun poking the cake with her little fingers and toes. Her Nini decorated with pink and white balloons. And, LO received some cute presents. I cannot believe that it has been an entire year since her blessed arrival...my little angel.

Happy Birthday!!! :

Libby blahblah.gif, momma to my precious little girl (6/29/07) 
                        and wonderful little man (12/1/10)

#236 of 237 Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle View Post
Oh--and she had her one year appt a week ago. She's 18.5 lbs and 28.5". It's hard to believe that she grew 9 inches in a year. They really do grow so fast.
She's so cute! And all that hair! Lulu has some hair, but it's so light that it's hard to notice. Lulu's almost the same size as Lola. She was 18-lbs and 28.25" at her appt last week.

I'd love to stay here a little longer too. Lulu's likely our last and I'm not ready to admit she's not a baby anymore. She's not a full fledged walker either. She's taking steps, but prefers to cruise holding onto walls/furniture/big sisters/etc. as her primary mode of getting aroudn these days.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#237 of 237 Old 07-01-2008, 10:40 AM

One more month a babe?

July grins and giggles....

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...6#post11594576

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page