September 07 Mamas-Time Flies It is JUNE!! - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

#391 of 430 Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Hi Mamas

I love the new smiley too!!

Lucy and I got back from Atlanta on Wednesday and it has pretty much been a blur ever since.

Jeanine-OMG I am so sorry to hear about the fires...glad you and you family are safe.

MrsB-can't believe what your Mom said about BF or WHO...so sorry. It is wonderful that Marty's new teachers are so caring and responsive.

Sunshine-Lucy has found the stairs too. Time for a gate here too. Also, this last week she was cruising back and forth between the couch and a very low coffee table...she hikes her leg up a climbs on the table like she has been doing it forever.

If your LO wears an amber necklace...do you let them sleep with it on???

Okay...very clingy...whiny babe...must go....

Oh and my internet is out at the house....yuck...yuck...yuck!!!

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 12:06 AM

Amber I let both children wear them at night. Unfortunately, they really dont seem to help I was so sure they would. I still leave them on in case they are helping a little bit, and cuz they are cute!!

Stairs Yes, Cian recently discovered them as well :

So, at 9 months and 6 days, Cian took his first steps . Lilah wasnt even crawling at this point He has been cruising for quite awhile, and recently started pushing chairs and stuff fast enough that is more like running. The last coupld of days he has been free standing for long periods of time, last night he was rocking while standing, and tonight he took 2 steps: He totally isnt "walking" yet, but it seems it will be soon!!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#393 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 04:15 AM

Woohoo Cian! It sounds like he's doing exactly what Liam was doing around that time, get ready for lots more walking!

SweetTexasgal - I let Liam wear he's to bed, I've only rarely taken it off.

I was up until 2am with Liam last night. He was having a blast walking all around the kitchen and falling on his butt and playing with his toys. Now I understand what they mean when babies develop new abilities and resist sleeping. He crashed tonight just before 9pm and has been sleeping well since :

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#394 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Congrats to Cian on his newfound abilities. Dahlia is working hard to catch up but it will be a bit. She is taking advantage of having learned to pull herself up on things. She is a standing maniac. She was up partying until after 1am last night. We call her party girl.

My dh and dd1 are leaving today for 6 days. It should be fun with the littles and Zaid. I am trying to put on my zen-like attitude. I hope it works!

Wendi
#395 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have barely been keeping up here lately! Things have been really busy in the last two weeks. I've spent the last week or more getting ready for last night - I had my monthly stamp club here from 7-10, then had to go pick up my Dad and baby brother at the airport at 2:30am!

So excited that they're here and get to see all the boys. My brother has never met Judah, and hasn't seen the big boys in 3 years, maybe? And it wasn't for long, then. My Dad saw Judah in January when I went out to visit, but hasn't seen the big boys in about two years, and again, only for a very short visit (a couple of hours at a restaurant). So having Dad staying at my house and Matt at my sister's place is quite a different sort of visit!

Judah is changing SO fast. A few days ago (Monday? Tuesday?) he started walking with our walker wagon. He LOVES it! It's a little fast still on the tile, but not too bad. And he's mastered it totally on the carpet. He barely holds himself up when standing at tables, etc. - mostly they're just for balance. And he'll stand independently for discernible (if not long!) amounts of time - a second or two. He loves the game of being let go of and then falling back into my hands.

He's also started clapping purposefully! Not all the time but he's working on it. And he's waving!! I don't think Gabriel waved much until after a year (and at some point would only wave "Bye" and not "hi!" But Judah will wave with just one hand now and quite deliberately. I think he's signed "milk" a few times, too. Definitely lots of motor skills developing! So much fun to watch.

Jeanine, thinking of you and the fires! My dad is from So Cal and I've been out there during fires before. Scary! We lived in Santa Cruz for a while, ourselves. So sad that the whole area is seeing so many fires.

Sorry I don't have time for more personals... We're getting ready to get some dim sum. : : And my brain is fairly awake but my body is NOT!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#396 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 PM

Heather ~ what is stamp club? I am glad you are getting to see dad and bro. Dahlia just started really clapping and saying "yea" this week. I am glad she isn't pushing her way around the room yet. I am just not ready.

I am making it through the first day with all my help gone. Only a few minor flare ups so far. We have just stayed in because it is too hot and the olympic trials are in town. It is a mob scene out there. I am not looking forward to the whole dinner/bedtime fiasco but at least I have Zaid here to hang out with Dahlia while I get Eavan to sleep. He isn't good for much more than that. (that sounded horrible. He is a great kid just 10yo and not super helpful unless I desperately need it)

I think I will have to practice getting Dahlia on my back. Is there a backcarry smilie? I have to look. NOPE!

Gotta go put Dahlia down for a nap.

Wendi
#397 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 PM

Lactivist I am thinking about your time 'alone'. Grace, style and GOOD humor is what I have been telling myself. My 11 yo ds might be more helpful than dh so I have to be very careful not to ask to much of him. My 9 yo dd on the other hand is about as helpful as a second rear end when trying on jeans. I just don't get it. The others are why I need the help.

Linus is just getting around to standing and pulling up. He is clapping and when he sits he spins in circles, almost endlessly sometimes. It is a bit disturbing in a funny way. I can do a back carry by myself in the MT but not my preferred ergo.

We are having very late bedtimes for the kiddos (10 pm) and I am ready to start pushing them early, ten minutes at a time.

My parents came down today and we had a short visit.

Heather, enjoy the visit with your brother. We had a similar visit last month.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#398 of 430 Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 PM

Thanks! My friend came over and helped with the dinner hour so that was really nice. Both boys fed, little girl smeared up good. I have another hour or so until I get Eavan to bed and he is outside right now so things are going well. Dh and crew made it to California safely so I can breathe again.

Aw there is a sleeping bag on the floor and Dahlia keeps snuggling all over it.

Good humor! That is exactly what I need. I think a comedy is in order tonight. On demand here I come! :

I hope your bedtime change is successful. Ours never are! Eavan is the first and only kid that goes to bed regularly at an early time. He demands it. I figure the big kids will corrupt him soon enough. I should go check on him. I will be around later.
Wendi
#399 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 12:23 PM

Our bedtime changes are not being very successful at all.

Is it really to much to hope for that the children would all be in their beds at 10:00? I : 7:30 bathtime followed by 8:00 bedtime. I would say we had this routine for close to 10 years. Then, Whammo! No more.

Linus sleeps next to me, touching me along the length of his body, chin in my palm, belly button in my underarm, legs alongside my torso. The other option is latched on. Oh, his feet MUST be uncovered no matter what.

I am off to figure out what to do with my day before somebody else comes up with an idea I don't like. : to all.

#400 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM

Hi there.

My name is Lisa. I was asked to come on by my good friend to tie up some loose ends with coops/swaps/Tp and to check in here...

Her mom had another stroke end of the week.

I don't know when she will be back online but I do know she has a few of your emails and she may try to contact someone that way.

I don't know what the universe is trying to tell her but I for one have a few choice words for it regarding her. It's just not fair to lay all of this on someone in such a short time.

I am happy though that I chose to move home this year so I am here to help out...so she doesn't feel so alone IRL.

I will update soon if I can.

Send prayers and blessings......

Blessings to all of you from her. Kisses for the babes.

Lisa.
#401 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Oh no!!! Lisa thanks for updating us. It is so unfair. She just doesn't need anymore stress. Enough already!!!! Darn it! Universe just let her be!!! I am sending all my love and good energy. :

Wendi
#402 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 02:51 PM

emailed you sunshine's mama.

You hang in there. We are all pulling for you, your girls, and your mom. Feel free to lean on us.

:

#403 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 PM

hh I just noticed my ddc! Thank you Thank you. Who was it? I am grinning from ear to ear. It just made my day.

#404 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 03:07 PM

Lots of hugs, love & positive, healing energy going out to sunshine's mama & her mom. Thanks for the update, Lisa,

mommajb~ you are amazing & gorgeous!! Wasn't me, tho.

we had a blast camping! ruby had the best time of all, of course.... she loved the woods & hammock.
#405 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
we had a blast camping! ruby had the best time of all, of course.... she loved the woods & hammock.
She is adorable! Her eyes are so engaging.

#406 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 07:48 PM

I am so not expecting but I have a new smilie that I must use.

:::

I have never made a bellycast but I think this smilies is so much better for pregnancy than because I do not like the hairbow.

:is almost as good as :

is good but I don't think it is new.

#407 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 PM

I like the belly cast. I just wish it had a head. The belly works for my dd1 because she is young and the belly looks like a pregnant girl.

Today has been long. Eavan got up at the crack but luckily he has been pretty good for the most part (as he tackles me). He even let me doze off in the chair while he watched some shows. I feel much better after resting. I have to gear up to take them all out to the store (my worst nightmare) because we have no milk, bread or snacks. At least dinner is just about to go in and I am just going to Trader Joe's so it won't be too hard.

My dh is struggling with his mom, he went there to help her with her finances and now she is telling him to stop meddling in her affairs. This is after she has called multiple times begging for help dealing with her affairs!! :
I hope he gets somewhere with her. He wants to bring her here and if he does we are putting her in an independent living facility. I already made an appt. with a placement counselor. She is so NOT living here!!!
Wendi
#408 of 430 Old 06-29-2008, 11:23 PM

Wendi, think of the family togetherness. You could have 4 generations living under one roof.

I keep telling my mom that if the time comes she can live in my basement. Dh has promised the garage to his parents. The problem with this plan is that we have no basement and I would keel over in frustration if I had to talk live with his parents. We don't even visit annually. (We do talk frequently and get along well while this is the case.)

We had a good bedtime tonight and I even had time to knit a bit. Linus skipped his usual dinnertime nap so I was able to get him down much earlier than planned. I wonder how early he will be up in the morning. Swim lessons and soccer camp start this week.

Enjoy your trip to Trader Joes and treat yourself to a chocolate snack while you are there.

Sunshine's Mama, I have been thinking about you ever since Lisa posted for you. ::

I wonder how Marty's birthday party went???

Now I am off for the night as I am sure you are all sick of me talking to myself all day.

#409 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Finally got internet up and running here at home....and so much better then it has been for the last few weeks. Yeah!!

Sunshine's Mama - : We are here for you.

I so did not get everything I needed to get done...done this weekend. Did that make sense?? I am still struggling with the "new" Mom syndrome of trying to get out of the house between naps and feeding Lucy. In hindsight it was so much easier when she was just nursing and I didn't have to think about a lunch for her. Both days when I tried to nurse her around "lunch" time she pushed me away.

Beemama-Ruby is adorable in the hammock

"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#410 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 AM

Sunshine, I am so sorry.

Beemama - She looks like she had a great time!

Wendi - I hope your evening went well.

mommajb - Isn't it nice having a bit of time to yourself in the evening? Liam has been pushing close to a 10pm bed time and wants to stay up and party every night, but he sleeps in late so I guess it works out.

SweetTexasgal - I never get anything done when I plan to do it, I have a mountain of laundry waiting in front of the washer that has been waiting for about 2 weeks. We usually plan one big trip every week or two if we need to do many things, and then just stick to short 20 minute trips if it's something that can't wait.

Liam is now known as "Bam Bam" because wherever he goes everything must be smacked and pushed over and destroyed. Put some papers on the table? Here, let me grab them and throw them all over the floor. Want that book? How about I knock over the entire stack of books and knock the lamp off the table as well. It is pretty entertaining though. I have learned that I am a very easy-going parent, I know that there will be bigger battles later on so I might as well not sweat the small stuff now.

I'm feeling so burnt out lately. I've been dehydrated pretty much since we got here and no matter how much water I drink it's never enough. I'll start to feel better and as soon as Liam nurses I feel awful again. My milk supply stinks. I should just go get an IV to haul around the house

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#411 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Katie-Dehydration sucks. Maybe your body is still getting used to the climate change. I don't have any advice, but I am sure some of the other mamas will. I love the Bam Bam story.

Lucy is a little more gentle....I think, but she loves paper and will take off on a fast crawl for the tiniest piece on the floor...couch...etc. She has learned that if I make the sound "Ack" to stop and sit back on her rump and that if I say "spit it out"...to stick her tongue out and wait for me to pull out of her mouth whatever she has in it.

#412 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Sunshine ~ sending love every day!

Beemama ~ glad camping was fun. Ruby is DARLING!

Katie ~ have you tried pedialyte? It completely cured me of dehydration when I went to mexico. It tastes not so great but works wonders. Bam-Bam sounds pretty darn cute, I wish I could see him in action.

mommajb ~ four generations under one roof now that is funny! It seems she isn't coming back with him. She is being super stubborn and hard to deal with as usual. The good thing is that I found a resource here in our area that will help find a place for her if it comes to that.

SweetTexas ~ Dahlia is like that too. She loves paper and little bits of fuzz.

Dahlia's teeth are bugging her so badly. She has been sad and in pain for two days now.

I made it through last night. I even got to go to TJ's by myself! My friend came over and stayed with Dahlia and Eavan was in bed. He got up at 6:30 again this morning but I was much more prepared this time. I actually went to bed before one so that really helped.

Hope you all have a great day!
Wendi
#413 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 02:57 PM

omg- I haven't posted here FOREVER. I'm trying to catch up, tho! :

This month has been nuts for us- I interviewed for and got a promotion at work :, we've had tons of company, and its summer so we spend the least amount of time indoors possible.

LWAB: I'm pretty sure Otto is going through a 9 month sleep regression! He's been up every 1-2 hours the past few night. Boo! He's super fun during the daytime, though- trying his darndest to crawl but not quite making it yet. He's also starting to vocalize alot more deliberately- when he drops something, I say "Uh Oh!" and he says "Uh! Uh!" Too cute.

We got some $$ for our wedding anniversary (8 yrs!) and bought a bike trailer for him to tool around in. I'm excited to bike to daycare/work and save on some gas $$ while hopefully trimming my post baby rear end.

Anyway-
s to those that need them and I will get busy trying to get caught up!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#414 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Well, add Lucy to the list of babes who've taken a dive off the bed! She's crawling but still so slowly, so I've been using a barricade of couch cushions around her when she naps and that's been enough to slow her down so that I hear her before she starts climbing. Uhh...guess that's done with. She climbed up onto one of them and knocked it off the bed, then followed with her face. I feel like a terrible mama today. We don't have a bed frame, just the mattress and box spring, but one side is only about a foot away from the wall and door, and that's the side she went over, so I think her cheek hit the door. She's so fair and bruises so easily! For those who use arnica, how do you give it and how much? I'm going to check out our little natural foods store tonight. I know Hyland's makes a "bumps and bruises" tablet but I haven't been able to find it anywhere so far. Her poor little cheek.

Now I have to figure out what to do...try (again) to get her to sleep in the crib, take away our box spring so she can crawl off the mattress, try to get her to nap on the mattress we have for play time that's in her room, etc. I feel like guard rails on our bed will do the same thing as the couch cushions--just make her fall longer because she'll climb over them.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#415 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 PM

I had Linus on a mattress on the floor with a bed rail on the side. We had to remove the rail so he wouldn't climb over it. Then he began exploring more rather than sleeping and I didn't feel he was safe on the loose. As I wasn't willing to sit and watch him sleep just in case he woke up we decided to try the crib again. Saturday night was his first night. I nurse and rock him until he is asleep. then when I put him in the crib he wakes but doesn't fuss as long as I rub his back or tummy and sing. Once he is back asleep I leave him and know that he is relatively safe. I figure we have a few months before he throws himself over the top off the rail. My kiddos seem to all do that shortly after their first birthday or at least before they are 2 yo. He is still in our room next to the bed and he may not stay in the crib all night but it gives us a start.

FYI, most cribs have a height limit of 36" I think. Above that babes are in danger of falling over the rail w/o trying due to the weight of their head.

Arnica: I have boiron tablets that I rarely remember to use. I also have a topical ointment/cream. It really does seem to help the bruising. I know it helps toddlers/preschoolers feel like I am doing something to help them.

#416 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 08:22 PM

We are just waking up from a nap. Liam woke up around 10:30am and played for an hour or two, then we both went back to sleep until 3! That's a lot of sleeping.

Wendi - I will try the pedialyte. Every nursing mom I talk to here says they have to drink double the recommended amount of water otherwise they have issues because it's so hot and dry. I'm drinking at least that but I think lack of electrolytes is playing a big part.

Liam is yelling at me so I will post more later

#417 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 PM

Katie sounds like you are run down and needed the extra sleep. I hope the pedialyte helps. It changed my world in mexico. It is great for hangovers.

Dahlia has almost gone off the bed a couple times. We have a really high bed on a frame and it would be quite a drop. So far we have gotten lucky. I try to make her nap in the pack n play but a lot of time she wakes and wants to be nursed back to sleep in bed so really hard to transfer her back. I keep teaching her to go down with her feet but she is so little it is quite a drop.

I wish dinner would magically materialize. I really don't feel like cooking.

Wendi
#418 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 PM

: We had scrambled eggs and blueberry pancakes. Those two almost make themselves and always make people happy.

Our bed is somewhat high and just a queen so as it fills with little ones its gets worrisome. I think I stay awake watching him when he is in it anymore.

Wendi, when does everyone come home (sans mil)?

Katie, I was going to mention electrolytes but couldn't remember the word so I kept my mouth shut. Some help I am.

I think I am going to join a fitness gym. I have been trying to work out on my own and am just not happy with it. Running hurts and I want to use the elliptical machine. I have a free two weeks to see how it goes. I was all excited but today has been rough and rollercoastery for me so all I can say is that I am trying.

to jbirdbrain and ishyfishy

SweetTexasGal, it sounds like you have a sweet little girl on your hands. She is very helpful to sit still while you dig her treasure out of her mouth.

#419 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
I wish dinner would magically materialize. I really don't feel like cooking.
story of my life. if you do figure out how to make dinner appear, will you try to make it appear here too?

so, we're still not home. darn fire. it hasn't gotten any closer to our house - it's growing the other way. it's still 0% contained. there were supposed to be thunderstorms this past weekend. they don't drop much rain, but they bring winds which make fires worse and they bring lightning which makes more fires. we didn't get any, thank goodness. but i didn't want to go home if it was going to make the fire worse and we'd have to turn around and leave again. we'll stay here till friday, then we'll go home, unless it takes a turn for the worse. we did spend the day at home. i cleaned out and organized a bunch of crap. and cleaned the master bathroom. for some reason it's easier to clean a house you're not living in. why is that?

katie, it's pretty dry up here, too. normally i'm ok, but if i'm working outside i definitely need something with electrolytes in it - plain water won't help. do they have recharge there? i love that stuff.

well, dinner hasn't appeared, so i'd better go make it. i'm starvin' marvin! :

Mama to three  
#420 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 PM

Well I am going to just make spaghetti with jarred sauce. Better than nothing and also basically cooks itself.

They will definitely be home by thurs because Kaija has class. I think he wants to leave asap but I don't know when.

Now the dog is whining. It just never stops!
Wendi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page