September 07 Mamas-Time Flies It is JUNE!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies!
I know I haven't been active on here for months, but I could REALLY use the support now . . . . can I still participate? :

I am a SAHM of Curran who is 10 months on July 2nd. After 3 months of really painful nursing (tight tongue, I think now, undiagosed by 3 LCs), I am pain free! Thank the goddess for arnica. He is still exclusively BF. No interest whatsoever in anything other than nursies :. (Just had to use the new one.) He has 6 teeth now, and is ALMOST crawling, much to his frustration. Poor guy wants to do it so badly. Any day now! Overall he is a mellow baby (especially since he's decided the car isn't a big scary monster, and that we're not going to drown him in the tub) and we have fun together. DP and I are figuring out how to be parents AND a couple. We still haven't left Curran with anyone, but we will soon as a new friend and I have decided to wet-nurse for each other .

My challenge right now is figuring out a) how to deal with my feelings about my birth, and b) how to feel less alientated in general. In terms of "b," I plan to go to the next LLL meeting. I've also started going to a Spanish coversation group, and have been meeting a friend or two for lunch about once a week. Still, I/we are by far the crunchiest people we know, and it is beginning to feel, well, lonely. Practically everyone we know thinks we're weird for one reason or another.

Anyway, good to read about how everyone is doing.

By any chance, anyone live in Ohio?

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#422 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 11:04 PM

Liam had some tasty organic peas for dinner. Andrew had a basketball game so we ended up getting Sonic : Now he is hiding inside the kitchen cupboards as that has become his favorite thing to do lately.

My friend who is due in July has been using me as her resource for all things birth and pregnancy. Today we talked and she said she's been having prodromal, I sent her some tips on relaxation and dealing with it and explained that she doesn't have to go to the hospital the instant she feels contractions like she originally though. Her doctor is a jerk and I've heard a lot of not so good things about him from friends who have seen him so I'm worried for her. She is birthing at the same hospital I birthed at and he's new, he's the most interventive I've ever heard of at that hospital. She will have the nurses for the majority and they are good about keeping things as natural as possible so hopefully they help.

Kristen - Sure! I'm glad nursing is going well for you. I think I remember you replying to a post I made in breastfeeding challenges. Breastfeeding improved for us around 4 months when he finally started to correct his latch. It is still painful for me but not as strong and a lot easier to deal with. You may want to try posting in your regional tribe in FYT!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#423 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 PM

Liam has discovered how to get the bag of cereal out of the box and pour it all over the floor......greeeeeaaaaaaat

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#424 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 11:26 PM

Jeanine Oh, I hope the fires stop soon. You must be going out of your mind not being able to go home. on the WHO comment…some people

Wendi : about DS and Bob…I still think that is hysterical.

Katie I hope Liam starts letting you sleep soon. Sorry : on the cereal box…soo been there. It just gets better!!

Kristen Welcome! I feel your pain. I’m a lone cruncher where I am too. We’re here for you mama! :

Oh mamas, how I’ve missed you : We’ve had a weekend and a half, I tell ya…I’m off from work this week though and so, so thankful. DS had his big first birthday party yesterday and it went really well. The rain held off for us so for that I am thankful. Noah came with Jessica’s MIL and it was great to see him. Gavin was in NY with his other Grandpa so he wasn’t here :. I haven’t seen him in ages…miss that little man.

So teething is just about the worst thing ever. DS was up literally ALL night on Saturday night. He didn’t go to bed until 10:30 pm, mind you I had a birthday cake to make, and then was up at 11:30 and 1:00 am for the night. We ended up catching 2 hours total the whole night at about 5:30 am on the livingroom floor. Needless to say I was dragging Sunday and throwing a 1st birthday party

His daycare teachers kept telling me everyone in the room was getting that hoof and mouth disease so when he spiked a 101.5 fever at school on Friday afternoon I was freaking out. It stayed really high and the belligerent screaming continued until Sunday afternoon when the teeth apparently broke through – the top two in the center. I can’t tell if the ones next to them are coming too because everything is so swollen.

To make matters even better I discovered at work on Friday that I had mastitis. I knew I had a really painful clog, but when I went to pump at 2:30 I saw in the mirror the big rash…oh boy. So I call the doc, get an antibiotic, 1 ½ days later I have a raging yeast infection. Ugh. I took the diflucan this morning and am praying to every God I’ve ever heard of…this sucks SOOOOO bad.

I missed you all this weekend. It has been so crazy. My house looks like flippin’ Toys R Us…

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#425 of 430 Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 PM

Kristen, I am glad to have you chatting with us.

I am not local to Columbus Ohio but I am in the same region (Indiana). I often feel quite alienated so I can't help you there. My lo was also born Sept 2nd. Marvelously sweet. : I am so sorry nursing has been difficult and painful for you. I have yet to leave L with anyone other than Dh, even that is short. I find that I am much more relaxed if I know he is okay and the best way to do that is to keep him with me. It works for us and has been this way since the beginning so it is my normal.

All my ads at the bottom are about fat mama jokes?! :

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#426 of 430 Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 PM

Kristen ~ glad you are here! I had a painful nursing experience (oh still do) with my now 3yo ds. I really feel for you. I am so glad to hear that it is getting better. I am sorry you are struggling with your birth experience. I hope that you are able to come to terms with it. Talking with other mamas can really help a lot. LLL meetings are a good start. Maybe some AP moms groups? You could start one if there isn't one in your area. Library story time is a good place to meet other mamas too.

Katie ~ Liam is such a busy guy. In the cupboards, dumping out cereal...aaahhh the life of a boy! :

Mrsb ~ glad you made it through the party. Sounds like a rough, no sleep kind of weekend. That sucks that you have mastitis and then thrush. Not fair!!! I hope you feel better quickly. I am glad you are off work to recover.

Jeanine ~ I am still thinking containment, containment, containment!!!

Wendi
#427 of 430 Old 07-01-2008, 02:51 PM

OMG. I LOVE HIM.

:::::::::: :::::::

This is how I feel about you guys right now. I'd do another line of him but I think that would be a bit of overkill.

My internet is back up (darn At&t) so that makes me happy.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, hugs, prayers and thoughts. They've meant so much over the course of the past year.

Mom is stable again.....they are going to keep her for a bit.....it's just rough. And not fair. But you do the best you can do and take it day by day. I am not stopping by the hospital today bc I'm just fried and have the beginnings of a migrane so it's best to stay home and relax if I can.

Unpacking isn't going well. We've been here a month and Dh has left most of it up to me but he's the one that packed most of it so every box or bag I open is filled with hodge podge....I had hoped to be able to take a box up to dd's bedroom and unpack it but stuff in the box is for there, the kitchen, the living room. It's very overwhelming when it shouldn't be. It shouldn't be this hard to unpack a house.

Dd1 is dealing with things well.....maybe it helps that she's used to hospitals from my friends working in them and being tagged along when we meet up for dinner.......or that she was there for her sister's birth and remembers the nurses and such. She's fantastically behaved when we are there but when we are home, all bets are off. I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher these days. I'm yelling more than I should and I have horrible guilt over it......she just isn't listening to ANYTHING and is MELTING down at everything and anything.....this was going on before mom got sick again so.....I don't think it's directly related to that. Just seems to explode. She's just constantly crossing that enough is enough line and I am so over it. Dh just ignores it and ventures off into the garage......:...leaving me to deal with it after I've been dealing with it all day.......Wish we got out more but with the one car, that's hard.

Wendi: Thanks for the email!!! I may take you up on that!! @ Bob! for MIL. I KNOW I could NEVER live with mine.......

Mommaj: and hugs to you. I need your pp addy btw.

Kristen: elcome I am in C-town...NE side. Where are you??? I haven't left dd with anyone but Dh...she's just nursing too much these days and refuses to drink out of anything but a straw. I don't have anything pumped to give her anyways. We just don't have a sitter. My best friend was my sitter 2 years ago but moved to Colorado. She was my neighbor for 2 years. Dd1 loved her. We did suck it up a few times and leave her with my mom so we could go to BW3 for wings and a drink a few times but my mom is a chain smoker and we stopped doing it. I think it's been just over a year since Dh and I had a date night or I've gone out longer than a cup of coffee with a friend. YIKES!!! That's fantastic you found someone you trust enough to act as a wet-nurse! When things calm a bit for me, we should get together in our crunchiness. I'm a lone one too in my circle. : I'd suggest posting in the Ohio/Indiana/Michigan tribe here but it's more Indiana/Michigan these days and not much Ohio.

Jess: on the big ol nasty M. I so FEEL your pain......I hope it passes and feels better as fast as mine did when I got it a few months ago!! Can't wait to see pics of the birthday boy. for Gavin being gone while you were there. My friend Misha is going to name her boy Gavin, her due date is Gavin's birthday......

Katie
: I'm sorry Lilah taught Liam her cereal trick.............Ugh on your friends MD. Hopefully things will just progress nicely and the MD will miss the birth and she will just have the RN's there. I'd tell her to check out a copy of The Birth Book or something similar for natural birth...When is her "due date"? When I lived in AZ years and years ago, I drank alot of Gatorade and Powerade.......I feel ya on the dehydration.

Beds: No trying to crawl off here yet....I worry bc it's a king with a decent pillowtop (yay closeout sales....) so it's pretty high off. I've got a Snoogle along the one side but it's only a matter of time.........I have a rail I used with dd1 but we were on a plain ol futon then and the mattress now is too tall for it to do anything........I have a crib I can sidecar if I really need to. We need the bed up off the ground though for the storage we can get under it.

jbird: : promotion!!!! sleep regression.

beemama: That hammock photo is beautiful!!!

falicia: I'm still giggling over your smiley sentence....have things settled a bit for ya???

jeanine: New blood. I wish...LOL.....: I was there for 25 minutes. They took 3 vials of blood to test thyroid, cortisol and something else. The 25 minutes INCLUDES the doctor visit. The breakdown is like $1200 lab/chems, 117 for the hematologist, 30 for the lab, 110 to see the MD. It's CRAZY. And do I have any ans's?? Nope....same place as I was before.......but something is up....It'll get figured out in time I spose. I need to call them today to set up a payment schedule.

LWAB: She's so sweet.......she wakes up in the morning with a cry and I go up to get her, she sees me, smiles so large, kicks her feet and makes a kiss sound a few times with her lips......We are getting another tooth so that would make 9...it's been rough on her. Her father broke our spare Snappi so I'm trying to deal with pins but am close to giving up. I found a prorap at our local Once Upon A Child for a buck the other day so she's been in that alot...and nekkid alot. She's a speed demon crawler, stands at the gate at the stairs longingly looking at them like she's lost her best friend...it's kinda sad but cute at the same time. Lisa and I went out for coffee the other day down the street (we hadn't been in a long time and got it free from the ppl that work there... and she was sleeping when I left. When I opened the door she crawled over sooo fast, make a kiss and pulled up on my leg. How nice it felt to be missed.....how loved I felt....She hasn't been wanting to sleep though.......afraid she's gonna miss something so nights have been long...........

She's crying now so I need to jet. I'll try to check in after my Excedrin kicks in. I just wanted to touch base...........and catch up. I've missed you guys.
#428 of 430 Old 07-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Mrsb - I hope now that the new teeth are through that he's feeling better. I agree teething stinks.

Sunshine - I'm so glad your mom is stable. I've been thinking of you and hoping that things are looking up, I'm so glad you have caring friends close by.

Update on friend due in July - From the sounds of things she's trying to get induced and she's not even 38 weeks yet, no changes in cervix, zero effacement or dialation. Her OB keeps sending her for NST's, I have no idea why. She said she wanted to see progress for the BH's she's been having since I guess her pre-labor doesn't hurt, when I tried to explain to her that the work doesn't really begin until it starts to get uncomfortable she didn't want to hear any of it. It really burns me because she has come to me for reassurance that everything will go well and she can do it naturally, but now she's impatient and she doesn't care about that. Can't help everybody I guess.

I'm just going to retreat to my happy, blissful little corner of MDC

#429 of 430 Old 07-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Sunshine ~ so glad you are back. I am glad your mom is stable. Sending lots of love your way. I had a thought about unpacking crazy boxes. Can you get a couple laundry baskets or empty boxes and unpack things into them for each room? That way you could unpack an entire box separating it out into other boxes and then take each box to the right room for putting it away. It might make it less overwhelming and less back tracking.

Katie ~ sorry your friend is succumbing to her OB. You can retreat here anytime you like. I need to reread Dahlia's birthstory and watch the video (have never done that). Her birth seems so far away now. I am so grateful for her birth.

The most recent MIL update. She is being super difficult, won't leave her house, can't really care for herself that well but won't accept help. Her husband is being a huge UA violation and won't let an independent living helper come to assist. : We got power of attorney which is a feat unto itself. My dh will be able to clear up all her financial crap and we are going to set up doctor appts for her and her husband will need to get her there. If he fails and doesn't do proper care for her we are getting guardianship through the courts and moving her up here to a facility (nice one) and will care for her ourselves. We can't have her in our house but won't abandon her. My poor dh was verbally and emotionally abused non-stop the past two days. She is damn lucky to have such a great son that will put up with her crap and help her. Her other son won't deal with her at all.

gotta go get Dahlia down!

Wendi
#430 of 430 Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 PM

I started a July thread I didnt see one yet.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page