September 07 Mamas-Time Flies It is JUNE!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 430 Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heather I bookmarked your blog.

It sounds like your museum visit went well enough. You did not permanently lose anybody and they got practice interacting with other adults (like the security guard). The ideas kids dream up when they are together are too funny. I hope baseball goes better soon. It is frustrating to figure out why/what has changed for them.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 12:07 AM

Don't have time to catch up right now. Just wanted to say thanks for all the hugs and good wishes. Grandma's service was nice and it was wonderful seeing my family. What wasn't wonderful was traveling in the back of my mom's sable between two carseats b/c my bleepin' sister is so selfish that she wouldn't take her own son in the vehicle that she traveled in . . . "but that means that I can't smoke." Whine, whine, whine. I'm the one who ended up with bruised arms and had to lean over one seat to nurse Aili while bending my arm backwards to feed her son his bottle. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but I'm not too crazy about my sister.

My house is still a disaster, my babe's sleeping, we're going to bed.
#183 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 02:12 AM

Sabo - I'm sorry your sister was difficult, but I'm glad the service was nice and you were able to visit with family.

Liam took his first steps tonight. He was standing up holding onto this wooden ring slider/activity center we have that's about two feet tall. I held out my arms to him and he let go of it and stood there for a few seconds, took two steps towards me, and fell on his butt. It was the greatest and strangest, most unexpected thing :. This must be what its like when they start talking too.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#184 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 04:11 AM

Wow! Our babies really are growing up huh? Go Liam!

Sabo I am sorry your sister was selfish. I am glad to hear the service was nice. Sending lots of love your way

No tooth yet. Here we are after midnight and Dahlia is crawling all over getting into everything. The dog is whining at me and I just want to go to bed.

Eavan's picnic was really cute and sweet. I am so glad I went. Dahlia loved pulling the grass and watching the big kids. The weather was perfect so that helped a lot. Of course Eavan had to come home with me and it was his last long day so he cut it short but I convinced them to let him stay long tomorrow.

Wendi
#185 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 11:15 AM

I just spilled 3/4 of the milk I just pumped onto my desk!!
#186 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Morning.

Dd1 didn't go to bed until around 1145 last night. I was so over her. She was throwing monster tantrums left and right about you name it....tv wasn't on, she didn't want to go to bed bc her sheets were messed up, then she couldn't find her playsilk she sleeps with....I put her to bed around 9 like normal and she was up and down and up and down and up and down. I was trying to get her sister to sleep and that wasn't happening so then she got wound up. I was sooo tired......She finally crapped out in front of her door and I let her be there until her sister was asleep and I was ready to put her in her bed. She brought out her pillow and everything.

I am caring for the girls I care for on Friday's today. Kate is a month younger than our kiddos and her sister is just over 2. At least Kate isn't screaming all the time now. Her mom finally switched her formula. She's crawling all over the place and is mega fast. My Goose is fascinated with the bottles bc we only have a few in the house (glass Lanshinoh) and is driving me a bit crazy trying to HELP.....I've tried to get her involved in something but she only wants involved with THEIR things.

Their mom sent a most wonderful breakfast for Aubry......: I was like SERIOUSLY????? REALLY????? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?????

Ready??

Are you sure?????

Ok...............

.................7 large marshmallows with an 8oz sippy full of Hawaiian Punch. At 9 am for her just over 2 year old daughter.....

I swiftly put them up and gave her something else......Seriously???

On a different note....

I called about our dryer again....it does work but to dry a load of laundry you have to split it into 3 dryer loads or it won't dry them. It's a pain in the arse. And I am over it. I left a message and just left another one. We have been here 2 weeks now. I need a dryer that works. I figure that if they aren't here by lunch or just after, then I will head to their fancy rental office with both babies, the toddler and my 4yo AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE the bag of dirty prefolds and sit there until they come fix my dryer..... It's crazy.

LWAB: We're getting closer to words here. She's starting to string things along and it's kinda neat. It's not an everyday thing but enough to notice. She's standing now holding onto something with 1 hand and smiling, all super proud. I looked at her yesterday and she just looked so big. She weighs exactly what her sister did at this age too. Too big, too fast.......trying to savor it just in case she's my last baby.........

Nursing: Anyone else's LO starting to cut back on night nursing??? She fell asleep last night a bit late, nursed (11ish) and then slept until 5ish when dad got up to leave for work and nursed bc I offered. She then nursed around 7ish and is still sleeping. Maybe she just tanks up super duper during the day???

Katie: Steps???????? Tell that boy to slow the heck down already!!! Lilah was with me when I was taking things out of the dryer last night and I thought about that pic of him helping with the laundry....good smiles.

Sabo:
OH NO.....2 I've done that and it sucks. I haven't pumped in awhile but the last time I did, dd1 took the bottle I had cooling on the counter and tried to poor it into her cup while I was in the bathroom and spilled it all over the counter and floor. 8 ounces.....I gladly give her some when she wants it but she wanted to be a big girl and do it herself and was more upset than I was about not getting any yummymilk.....more 2 Sending lots of your way.......

Ok, Kate is crying bc her sister is bothering her and my dd1 is hovering....break over....

xxoo......from hot and muggy land......
#187 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Sabo ~ oh no! That sucks. My dd spilled some of my milk when I was gone last week and she felt soooo badly. That stuff is so precious.

Sunshine ~ SERIOUSLY?!? I have given my kids some bad things for breakfast but that blows anything I have done out of the water. Marshmallows and Hawaiian punch? DANG! I don't think my kids have ever even had hawaiian punch.

Dahlia was up until one last night, luckily I got to go back to bed after Eavan went to school and slept until 9:30. I get my first csa box today and I am sooo excited. I also just got a vitamix so I am dreaming of smoothies! YUM.

Jenabe and I have dinner reservations tomorrow night. I seriously hope it works out because I need a little grown up time. We might try to go to the beach this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day!
Wendi
#188 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM

wendi teeth are the worst…and they just fall out anyway. What is the point??

mommajb on the Miss Hannigan comment…too funny

sunshine little girls…little girls… poor mama

jeanine on the everything to do and still feeling bored…I’m right there with you. I have to make pizza dough so its ready for dinner time…I am so not motivated. School work, laundry, bleh…is it time for bed yet??

katie congrats to your friend!! So many babies being born right now it is so exciting : One of my customers at work and one of my very good friends are on the “any day now” part of the pregnancy…I can’t wait for baby news!!

daisie what a cutie!!

ishy I’m sorry mama. Food allergies blow to be quite frank. I just had an argument with my mom about it. She swears the milk allergy is in my head…I said, “No, it’s in DS’ diaper…and he has a rash to prove it!!” Ugh!! Sorry

heatherb I bookmarked your blog too . Sounds like the museum trip was fun. Where’s the sarcasm smiley??? :nana:

sabo : sorry about the 2 car seat/sister problem. That is just rude. I’m sure you’re glad it’s over. We’re glad to have you back w/us :

Katie uh oh another walker!! Enjoy the days ahead…it only gets more fun from here!! Actually it is a lot of fun, all kidding aside, I love holding his hand and walking outside or in a store. I just love watching him explore on his own, ykwim? Congrats to Liam!!

sabo uhg! Sorry about the milk. That stinks. DS did the same thing at daycare the other day…thankfully they have a spare in the freezer. He took the lid off of his sippy cup and decided it was better to splash around in mama’s milk than to actually drink it!! The teacher was none too thrilled which made me just giddy!! I don’t really like her.

sunshine : on the breakfast…some people . I just don’t get it. You’re such a good woman to not smack the mom upside the head…I’m not sure I could have refrained. You know, like the V8 commercial??

Good afternoon ladies!! I am procrastinating so I’ll tell you about my day…I don’t feel like working. Anyway…I had a pretty nice night. DH brought a pizza home and that was good to not have to cook. DS crashed really early, but then was up pretty early too so I’m a little tired :yawning:. He’s sleeping now and I really should follow suit, but nah…that would make sense!

So I have an embarrassing story to tell…the night before last DH wanted to DTD. I’m like so not thrilled to pieces with that, but WTH…a girl can’t say no forever, right? Anyway, I was about as exciting for him as a limp fish (I’m sure) and when it was over, I got up to go potty and realized my shirt was soaked. DH freaked and was like, “WTF is all over me??” Duh??!! I mean, come on?! I’ve only been BF-ing for a year now!!! The funny part of the story is that I had a clogged duct on the side that got soaked and sure enough, it’s gone!! How strange…I guess if it gets rid of the clogs it is worth doing :

On LWAB, DS and I are having a pretty good day. We went to Panera last night and he ate dinner…a sandwich and yogurt and I had a salad. I have gotta say they have a really wonderful menu when it comes to kids meals: whole grain bread, organic yogurt, healthy food…amazing!! Today we did chicken fingers at Target (not quite as healthy) but that’s it on the eating out for a while. I so enjoy our little dates

Eh…guess I GTG get to the things I gotta get to…bleh. :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#189 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM

mrsb: Totally right now at that imagery! Thanks for the hugs. I just hate that it's so hard to tell what affects her. Like if her current rash is from the watermelon, or from the minuscule amount of soy milk I've been having with tea lately because of my cold!

Multiple babes and TTC: Honestly, for everyone with more than one babe, I don't know how you ladies do it! Dh and I always wanted 2 or 3, all two years apart like him and his siblings. Now...well, let's just say my words to dh in the delivery room after Lucy was born are as true as ever: "I love you but I don't think I can do this again." I don't think I can even think about having another before she's at least 5, and I have to say I'm currently leaning toward Lucy being an "only." Of course, I may feel differently when I haven't spent the past five months getting sleep in 30-90 minute pieces. Definitely no TTC in our near future!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#190 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 04:59 PM

JAMISON CAN CRAWL!!! : and

bbl later to catch up. our friends from yesterday are coming over for dinner. probably earlier, actually, to play first. we're doing make your own pizzas so i have to get the dough going, and clean the house. and get dd1 down for a nap - she needs one BADLY.

Mama to three  
#191 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 05:09 PM

It's been a LONG day. The girls won't be picked up until 6 and I was ready for them to go at noon. I am sure all the toddler does at home is watch tv bc when I turned the tv off after the morning hour of cartoons (peep and the big wide world usually) she FREAKED OUT for like an hour. Tantrum city. I was just flabergasted. She's thrown her fair share of tantrums over the past 8 months but geez lousie, this took the cake. CARRRRRTOOOONS over and over and over. I took her upstairs to lay her on a cot and she went to sleep....

BTW, I did NOT let her eat any marshmellows or drink the punch.

Her sister cried and cried after eating and proceeded to projectile vomit her sweet potatos and 8oz bottle all over the place. Not on me though...whew....and it was easily moppable but I don't handle puke of any kind well. DD1 was almost 4 before she puked for the first time.

SO, it's been a long long day and I am ready for the weekend...

Heehee....Lilah just opened up her sisters bento box filled with thin dino grahms, pirate booty and cheerios.....and is having a great time taking the containers in and out....Her sister just took it from her and she protested loudly and got it back....The babies are just sitting staring at each other now. Kinda cute.

Sabo: Just went back and reread...ON NO on the carseats....that's just not right.

Rachel: My girls are 3.5 years apart and it's great. I too wanted them closer but the gods didn't believe I could handle it I spose.....

Jess: ON NO! What an image in my brain. A friend of mine told me a story similar to that a few years ago. Same image in my brain, different face.....I've never leaked a whole lot, definatly WAY more with my first......I think Lilah is just so effciant when she nurses.

Ok, I need to jet. Dd1 is carrying her sister to the rocking duck and even though she is smiling, it's not allowed...

bbl
#192 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Sunshine-Marshmallows & Hawaiian Punch...OMG...I can only imagine what the poor kiddos eat at home.

Sabo-sorry about the milk...I used to freak out when I pumped...because I was only able to pump such a little bit and I spilled more then my fair share.

Katie-Way to go Liam. He is the trailblazer for our DDC. I can't believe it is time for walking already.

MrsB-I love the idea of walking and holding my LO's hand, but at the same time I am freaked at the speed she crawls. I don't think I am ready for walking yet.

jeanine-Yeah Jamison: Homemade pizza sounds delish :

I think Lucy is finally starting to cut a tooth. I can just feel it under her gum...that is if she lets me put my finger in her mouth. She is a bear today...whiney, cranky and clingy. My sister is in town for the weekend and Lucy is having fun being entertained by her 16-month old cousin...so it is not all bad.

I am sorry I ever found the Co-Op board. Too many things I am finding that I just "need".

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#193 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 PM

woo-hoo liam!!

sunshine - marshmallows and hawaiian punch?! wow! i'm all about marshmallows.... on a stick......over an open flame.......... but for a 2yo's breakfast? with a side of HFCS and FD&C red? wow! definitely take the dipes to the rental office there is *no* cutting back on night nursing going on here - i'm a tired mama today:yawning:

mrsb - at your miracle cure for plugged ducts

child spacing - my first two are 3y9mos apart. i wanted 2.5-3.0 years, but now i'm soooo glad they're further apart. #2 and #3 are 2y5mos apart, and it's kinda too close for me. it's ok because they're #2 and #3, but it would definitley be too close for me if they were #1 and #2. i feel like i had a break between 1 and 2, but didn't between 2 and 3 - went right from a needy 2 yo to a needy baby.

jamison's napping (on me) and i need to tend to my pizza dough. it's probably exploding out the bowl.

well, i'm going to see if i can lay her down in the bed (. ya never know, it might work (:

Mama to three  
#194 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 09:50 PM

ishy Glad you got a chuckle out of that! On the TTC…yeah, I said I wanted another one right away while I was PG because I thought if I waited, I’d never do it again. We’re talking quick – like in that 6 week window you’re not supposed to DTD. DH agreed because he felt he was getting too old and didn’t want to have to work until he was 80 to put kids in college (mind you he just turned 34 ). Anyway, now that I’ve seen what parenting is all about, and how much of it is on me, and how in love I am with DS, I just feel fulfilled and like there is nothing else I need. If we never have another, I’ll be a-ok with that s and if we did, I’d be ok with it, but concerned on how to manage under the current circumstances. DH works so much that he’s never home during the week. 2 would be a handful while working full-time and mommying full-time too. You’re not alone

jeanine Yay Jamison!!! I hope your pizza dough exploded out of the bowl because mine didn’t rise at all. DH took 2 bites and said, “I can’t eat this. The crust is weird (1/2 whole wheat *Gasp!*) and there’s so many freakin’ mushrooms!!” It was spinach pesto with mushrooms and herbed ricotta…I ask you…how many other men do you think came home to that tonight??? He should BE so lucky!! *Insert hair flip here*

sunshine DS has his regularly scheduled cartoon time too and he has such a rhythm that when Noggin changed their evening lineup it totally threw him for a loop. It really woke me up too because I wasn’t aware of how much of the TV he was actually watching. I really think it is just background noise most of the time because he likes the music, but who knows. As for leaking…I am the queen of leaking!! I started leaking while I was still PG!! 6 months to be exact and it was my birthday the first time I noticed it. I think I just make too much milk. I thought it was pretty comical that DH got covered because he’s all grossed out by breast milk (don’t ask…so absurd). I constantly come up with things to say about it just to watch him squirm because it pisses me off…today I told him I was going to make yogurt out of it He was eating lunch…I crack myself up! :

Michelle You’ll be ready, don’t worry because ready or not, they all move a light speed it seems!! The things you enjoy now will always be treasured, but your days end up filled with new pleasures…sharing lunches together, letting her pick out things in the store, dancing on her own two feet, and yes, holding her hand as you walk…they are new joys to fill those voids which become very fond memories. Gosh…how sentimental am I tonight?? As for the co-op board, there, there…I’m right there with you. It is horrible!!!

So I feel offended and punchy tonight as you can all probably tell by my post. DH really ticked me off when he refused to eat my dinner. I offered to go out and get him something else to which he responded that he had to go to Home Depot and would pick up something while he was out. What bothers me is I asked him if he liked it and he asked me the same thing back without answering so I knew at that point he didn’t like it. He refused to say he didn’t like it and that is not like him at all. Trust me, he’s not that considerate! I just don’t get it and I’m so annoyed…I made dough, let it rise (which it didn’t because I think my yeast is too old), sauteed all those damn mushrooms and made the cheese mixture…heated up the house with the stupid oven, baked it, burned myself and he wouldn’t eat it!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! : Ok, I think I’m better now.

DS just freaked out when he went to bed. I had given him Motrin and teething tablets because he kept chewing on his fingers and pulling his ears. His front 4 teeth on the top are all trying to come in together…keep in mind his incisors on the top are only about 30% down…broken through but they stopped coming in for no apparent reason. He’s miserable and I feel horrible for him. I sang and sang and sang…everything and anything…finally he fell asleep and for that I am grateful. I just wanted him asleep more than anything so he wouldn’t be in pain, ykwim? Poor little guy.

He’s walking like such a champ now I can’t even believe it. He just strolls around the house like he owns the place …ok, he does.

Well, I think I might do some schoolwork since I want to be busy when DH gets home. I’m going at 9:15 tomorrow to get my life-changing hair color change! Wish me luck…it’s a new place and I’m scared of changing. I want something new, but I’m still scared, ykwim?

to you all!!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#195 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 PM

Oh, BTW www.ivillage.com has this cool makeover thing I found. You can upload a picture and try on different hair, makeup and whatnot…totally fun even just to play around.

I'm trying to calm my fears about the hair color...I really do want to do this, I swear. Why am I such a chicken?! Where's the chicken smiley???

Mighty-Mama
#196 of 430 Old 06-13-2008, 10:38 PM

My heart is breaking because I am not doing the tierra farms co-op. I can't make a decision and I can't just get it all. Dh is off working at a 'summer job' and I just feel like I should talk to him before I spend that much money. We don't have any rules, just common sense.

On a more positive note I made cheese today and it worked! Mozzarella. Way cool. I took pictures but can't get my computer to work with uploading them anymore.

child spacing - the first 2 are 23 months apart but #2 was a 34 weeker. She is a terrible handful even now. Over 4 year later came #3, 28 months later #4, and #5 was 26 months later. We really had to work to find time to create this little bugger. Dh is not very into any more children for us. I would like to talk him into it but I can't get my act together enough to even convince myself that I could handle it.

I need to go put people back in bed. I hope I make it back later.

#197 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 12:06 AM

Marty is definitely our trailblazer. Liam is just in such a hurry to do everything on his own it seems that he's not interested in taking his time. Lots of standing unassisted today but no more walking, so we shall see where this goes.

mrsb - Aww, I'm sorry the pizza didn't turn out, sounds like it was the yeast. Did it bubble when you put it in warm water?

Sunshine - Gross on the marshmallows and hawaiian punch. I'm glad that little girl has you to feed her REAL food.

Jeanine - Way to go Jamison! Its only a matter of time until they'll all be running away from us.

Mommajb - So cool that you made cheese. You will have to show me how you did it.

Liam's 8th tooth came through a few days ago I'm guessing, I finally felt it today and a good chunk of it is in. He doesn't let me feel in his mouth anymore but his canines are also on their way in as well.

Andrew is gone to a baseball game with his class and we couldn't go. None of his classmates have families and they're still in party mode so it wouldn't have been much fun for us anyway. My mom sent me a huge scrapbooking kit for my birthday so I've been working on a one year scrapbook for Liam today. So far so good. He was up very late again last night but took an almost 4 hour nap with me this morning.

I'm discovered the joy of diaper making co-ops on Yahoo groups and have ordered a few things, including a snap press. It was such a good deal that I couldn't say no. I will probably start working on those next week. As for TTC, its all going to depend on what we find out next month. Once we know his unit we'll know when they deploy, and I think we'll start TTC while we still have a good chunk of time before he leaves (if we get that lucky). I struggled with my cycle for over two years before Liam was born, and we still don't know how he managed to be conceived, so we'll see what happens.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#198 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 12:15 AM

cheese how-to

It took me longer than 30 minutes but it worked. My csa guy is looking for a local dairy for me. Mozzarella is not very photogenic. We made balls about the size of a 9 month old's fist. Can you all picture that? The girls chanted 'little miss muffet' while I dealt with the curds and whey. We ate it for dinner with tricuits, tomato, and oregano from the herb bed. It is very exciting. What does that tell you about my life? I also made a wilted leaf lettuce salad. The greens are taking over my house.

#199 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 01:27 AM

Jess: You can tell him it tastes like Cantaloupe. That's what dd1 said last year....silly girl. Or that ppl make soap out of it.....I had a friend who's dh used it bc he was so used to her WAHM soaps and he was like, "this one smells great. i really like to shave with it etc...." and she was like which one? Oh, that's made with breastmilk...... He went out and bought some ivory or something.....lmao We just got Noggin with the new service and dd loves it (i like seeing the little bear books i read as a kid come to life) but she is way way too hooked on it and she doesn't even watch it much. i think it's on more than i think too.......gonna try to work on that.

jeanine: Yay Jamison crawling!!!! How did I miss that earlier.

mommaj: I just ordered some pineapple, granola and some raisins....and marked it final. Fills will open soon, maybe you can just get a few things?? I see those huge $200+ orders and my jaw drops...I freak if mine gets close to $40.... You made one of my fave cheeses....YUM!!!

katie: we're still trying to figure out how we got lilah bc i havne't had a cycle since july 2003 when i got preggo with her big sister. teehee....we just figure she was meant to happen. same with liam. she's working on tooth 8 too.....it's been a bear. oh, i didn't say she ate what i gave her....she did snack on a few pretzels before her mom came tho...

mellow night here. dp was at work until late and then went to the hobby store to play some game. i told him he could either play tonight or saturday for a bit but sunday was off limits. i am happy he chose tonight bc it was a much much shorter game.

dd1 and i had a nice dinner and played for a bit with some things she got from the craft swap. after that she got a bath and i fixed her toe (i can't remember if i spoke of it or not.....bad mommy moment...oy vey), brushed her hair and teeth and got her into bed with her mess of silks.

lilah nursed like a fiend after 6pm. having kate here crying alot throws off her schedule on friday's and she's all like what.....what's going on in my house. she is sound asleep in her moses basket to my right.....she looks so sweet......like she's tiny again.....well, not too tiny but not almost 10 months.

not much going on tomorrow. i have to go to the fabric store to get some tulle for tutu's and drop off the $ for dd1's tap for the summer...someone came to pick up something from craigslist tonight so i can now pay for that.....yay....(i keep tierra farm money tucked away earmarked for just that in the budget...how sad is that????)

sunday for father's day dd1 wants to take daddy to breakfast AND Hibachi...I told her she needed to choose.....so we'll see what she says tomorrow.....

this bactrim is giving me insomnia.....i was up until 4 last night. sucks but i am feeling better.....

xoxo
#200 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
On a more positive note I made cheese today and it worked! Mozzarella. Way cool. I took pictures but can't get my computer to work with uploading them anymore.
We made mozzarella on Monday... we're still excited about it, now I want a goat . I just read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and then when the new Mother Earth News came in, we had to try. It was YUMMY, too.

Thanks for weighing in about locks for love, I donated my last ponytail to them. I'll have to look into that other site when I do work up the nerve to chop it. Here's me at mom's salon, about to chop it 3 years ago in May. It's actually longer this time, I have some freakish hair growth & pregnancy kicks it into overdrive.
#201 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Dh has wanted goats for forever. I think I have enough living things to take care of today. I (re)read books this Spring that just kicked my butt when added to the fact that Linus is tasting things. It seems like everytime a babe starts solids I really reassess our food and think "What the heck?! How did we backslide so far?!" We really do well but when life gets hectic and kids get picky it gets so hard.

That is some long hair! Dd1 said her head/ponytail felt so much lighter and she is very happy with it. I liked it better longer. I am learning to let go. My trim is later next week when dh gets back. You know, I handled the first week alright but I am downright exhausted and cranky. So much for grace, style, and humor.

I did sneak in a TF order at the last minute. That woman runs the most dangerous co-ops. Everything I have tried that way I end up loving and making it a regular in our house. My wishlist was couple hundred dollars +. In the end I ordered things I knew we would use that I can't get in town. Some of the roasted, seasoned nuts sound delicious. I know dh and ds1 would love them. Serves them right for discouraging me.

Linus slept through the ball game this morning, lunch is over. Time for naps, cleaning, and gardening. I'm tired and I don't want to get sweaty. Not even to get in the car and run pick up a couple of things. I can't find the old tomato cages/stakes. I either need to put them in the ground or buy biger pots. The tomatoes in the ground are not doing well. decisions, decisions...

#202 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 02:15 PM

mmm mozzarella I bought a kit for that for my dad for his birthday. I keep meaning to get one for us as well

The side yard that we just turned into a veggie garden was going to maybe be a goat pen....I really want some, but I think I will wait til I can get some more land.

I love Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It totally got me motivated and is so inspiring

I really miss having long hair....but its just too thick. I used to have it past my waist, but I've learned much longer than mid back and it gives me migraines:

Cian started saying "da-da" just in time for fathers day...of course he says it all day and night in no relation to dad, but still....good timing
He is really trying to walk. He cruises around really well and he's starting to eye things that he cant quite reach. He will lunge to us if we are close, but hasnt quite figured out how to move his feet when not holding on to anything.

He also gave me a scare thurs morning. He bumped his mouth and his front tooth was bleeding a lot. Lilah had to have her front tooth pulled at 11 months (dont know what happened to it - she didnt fall on it or anything) and I did not want to have to go through that again Luckily, by the evening it looked better.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#203 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Well ladies, I only have a couple minutes, but wanted to post...

My New Hair!

It is way more drastic in person, but not nearly as crazy as I thought I'd be coming home with...I'm a big chicken.

Anyhoo...I'm on literally 0 sleep so I'm gonna go try and take a snooze before DS wakes up.

to you all!!

Mighty-Mama
#204 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 07:28 PM

cute cute! what is the verdict irl? Did Little Marty notice? Did Big Marty notice?

I once went from ponytail to very, very short pixie and dh didn't notice for 3 days. He thought it was still in a ponytail.

#205 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Jess-great color...love the haircut. Mine is still falling out so much that I would love to cut it short, but my hair is so curly that I would look like a clown.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#206 of 430 Old 06-14-2008, 11:56 PM

Michelle: Mine is still falling out too...

Ok, not alot of time bc I'm in the middle of something but....

If you haven't seen the Business of Being Born (rikki lake docu) email me.......
#207 of 430 Old 06-15-2008, 12:17 AM

just wanted to check in: thanks for the good vibes, mamas.

We had another plumbing issue and flooded again, and the dryer is officially outskies. We drove around for an hour today with wet laundry and dirty laundry (and diapers) looking for a laundromat. Also, we are broke.

Singleparenting/cheesemaking/crawling/walking/teething/speaking/siblings and more... hugs to all

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#208 of 430 Old 06-15-2008, 12:30 AM

Cute hair Mrsb!

Falicia - Oh no! I hope that everything gets fixed soon.

Goats - I had a pet goat named Ziggy when I was a kid, I begged my parents for one and they finally got me one from my uncle's farm. She always used to run away and graze with the cows next door.

Mommajb - That looks really cool! I'm going to have to check out cheese making when we get settled somewhere.

We went on a little trip to Tucson today. I got some fabric for sling/diaper making on top of what I ordered online, so I should be good to go for awhile. I got a couple of new outfits because all my clothes are falling off. Liam is literally sucking the pounds off of me. I've lost 52 lbs in the last 9 months, and I'm 19 pounds below my PP weight. I haven't weighed what I weigh now in almost 6 years. It has always been easier for me to put on weight than it is to lose it for sure, so I'm just relieved that breastfeeding is working. A guy actually did a double take at the grocery store tonight so I'm actually starting to feel like a woman again.

#209 of 430 Old 06-15-2008, 01:41 AM

falicia

katie - sounds like mrsb isn't the only hottie around here

dh wants goats and chickens. i keep reminding him how sick he is of taking care of two dogs and two cats. then he reminds me that goats and chickens do something (milk and eggs) besides eat and poop and have hairballs. i'm not ready for more "people" to take care of.

gtg, upset baby

Mama to three  
#210 of 430 Old 06-15-2008, 02:37 AM

i had a goat when i was a little girl. maybe 5 or 6. my dad brought him home for me.

he lived in the wildflower area by the garage.

he has his own LARGE doghouse to sleep in.

the flowers were really chicory...pale purpley....

one day, my sister and i (she is 5 months older than i) decided that his house needed to be a pretty green and not BOOOORING gray.

we went to the basement, found the paint they used for the shutters (same painters from the snake story), got ourselves some brushes and went out the back door.

we were happily greated by Billy Rose (lovely name for a boy goat) and we fed him some offerings from inside and set off painting the front and side of his humble abode.

he wanted to play.

he got in the way.

he ended up partially green too.

so.......

we brought him inside the house...clack clack clack on the wood floors and red linolieum......mom called out from the study...

"You better not have that goat in the house again....." Yes, it wasn't his first time in the house. One day he came to watch us play Pac-Man bc he was lonely. Another day he needed a bath, another day he wanted to take a nap with me...IN MY BED.

She came out to see him covered in green paint, us covered and green paint footprints from all in the mudroom. She was not amused. There is a picture floating around her house somewhere of it all.

He went to live at the barn on our property after that. To this day, I still think he was sad about it. It's been a long time since I've thought about Billy Rose. Must remember to talk to mom about him next time I visit.

We had a mellow night. Dh tried to start a reward chart with dd....Um, didn't work out too well and she ended up upset.......He did however, go and lay with her when she asked him too and it was sweet to see.

I cut up some tulle for some tutu's for friends and one for the craft swap here.

The house is a bit muggy.

Tomorrow for father's day dd wants to take daddy to either the Hibachi place OR BW3 so we will see what's on her mind around 1030 bc we want to get to either place when they open at 11 bc it'll be busy bc of Father's Day. Then around 5 dsd's mom is dropping her off so we can grill out with daddy bc that's what she wanted to do. I picked up his steak tonight and some veggies too.....I don't know why her mom won't just let us keep her since Monday is our day but whatever......it's a fight I just don't have the energy to fight and it's really not MY fight....so.....whatever...

Jess: Love the color. It's just a tad redder than my natural color after I've been in the sun a bunch!!

Katie: Now I know where my weight gain has come from.....gee, thanks. LOL....I won't mention the amt of fabric I have stashed away in boxes and bags since the move. I wasn't aware of how much I had until I started packing it. Great Googly Moogly. I did however browse the remnant bins at Joann today bc it's enough to usually make a dress for baby girl but it was all fleece. Who on earth is buying fleece mid-June???? Yay for the double take...those are always nice....

Falicia: I feel you on the no dryer. They supposedly fixed ours but it still doesn't dry anything. I have some pretty stained diapers now...I am going to sun them tomorrow and they break out the hot pink dye and see what happens. I'm sorry about the flooding. Our last place flooded when we were all about 8m pregnant and it sucked......The maintence guy came and was like, "yeah, these places went up fast and the ONLY problems we've had the past 2 years are plumbing problems and the company that did the work is out of business......" When we left, we left water in the same area.......it was just sopping with no idea where it was coming from. My best guess was neighbors since that wall backed up to their laundry room. I hope things start looking up for you soon.........2 2

LWAB: She is full fledged clapping with a purpose and giving kisses, complete with smacking....she also smacks if you give her some mashed potatos after she eats them...it's hilarious and she thinks so too.

Ok, gtg. Just finished feeding the hungry one and watching Business of Being Born on the puter. Time for sleepy sleep.

xo's to all

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page