#241 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

do you think this is true?

Quote:
Indoor and Outdoor Ant Control Supplies:
1 1/2 cup Cream of Wheat
Instructions: Place a dish of Cream of Wheat where the ants can access it.
Note: After they eat it, the cereal expands and the ants will explode.
:

you need to try it, sunshine!

:

Mama to three  
#242 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 01:04 PM

ants: cinnamon will get them to move but it won't kill them. simply google 'natural ant killer'.

LWAB: well, we have an eye doctor appointment for ro tomorrow. her eye is occasionally lazy (when she's really tired and we can see it in pictures), and our ped (who we totally trust) wanted us to get it checked out before she turned a year. so tomorrow we go to the pediatric eye doctor to get her eyes dilated and checked out. i'm a little nervous, but i know it's nothing major. i just get nervous when i have to take dd somewhere that she's not used to and for a 'procedure'.

she's into everything now which is great and horrible because our apartment is so tiny, and our enraging landlord put chemicals down on the lawn so she can't play out front. i have to drive to the frikkin park everytime i want to let her in grass.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#243 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post

do you think this is true?

:

you need to try it, sunshine!

:

Oh no...just what I need...EXPLODING ANTS.....:

Maybe if I call Dh and tell him ants are exploding in our house, we can move back to our old one where everything worked??

I'm afraid dd1 would try and eat the cream of wheat.....

I've tried cinnamon before but it only moves them elsewhere.

They are coming in by the front door at the base of the door, if you are looking at the inside of the door to the left of the door about 16" below the window under the baseboard, in the kitchen, I had to sweep out the pantry bc they were on the floor there...Luckily, it's pretty empty right now bc we didn't move with much food and haven't shopped shopped yet to fill it....

Stupid ants.
Stupid dryer.
Stupid neighbor's a/c leaking into our house.
Stupid door that won't lock.
Stupid scissors that cut pretty hair....

I am gonna look up natural ant stuff in a bit when I get L down for her nap. I gotta go start the dryer again to dry the prefolds.....It's on it's 2nd round...I had them in the window but dd1 kept pulling them down....
#244 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 PM

sunshine - i'm so glad the exploding ants made you laugh. i'm *still* laughing. i keep imagining the ant carnage all over your house

here's a bunch of ideas: (from http://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html)
Quote:
Q. I have a question about ants. We have had a problem with the small, brown ants. We have tried the borax & sugar, and poison, nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• We have 'them, too. About everybody we know does, here in Southern California. We don't like to spray poisons around, so we have to put up with them to some extent, but we have found that they hate baby powder (preferably scented talcum). If you find a trail of them in your house, or some "scouts" looking for food so they can bring the rest of their nest to enjoy it, just sprinkle the baby powder on the ants and wherever they are coming in from, if you can find it, and you will see them begin to get upset. After a while, they'll be gone, and they won't be back again for awhile, even after you remove the powder. We dust baby powder on our honey jar and sugar bowl, as well as the outside of the cats' dish and it keeps the ants off.

• Sounds crazy, but try vinegar! Fill a squirt bottle with plain old cheap white vinegar, and squirt it anyplace you've seen ants (kitchen counters, windowsills, etc) and let it dry. It's non-toxic, won't harm anything, and the smell will go away in just a couple of minutes. It worked for me!

• I have a suggestion for the ant problem; plain old cinnamon. I put in or at the site of the ant invasion, they back off quick!

• Black pepper is a nonlethal, poison free, cheap, and safe way to get rid of ants - sprinkle the black pepper where you see them congregating and watch 'them scatter. Follow them to where they're exiting - which is the same spot they're entering in at - and sprinkle the pepper at that spot to keep them from coming back in. It's safe to use in your cabinets, on windowsills, near your pets and kids, around food, etc.

• I have a book with several tips for the use of apple cider vinegar. One of them is getting rid of ants. Make a mixture of 50/50 water and vinegar and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the surface with the solution several times a day. Ants guide themselves with their scent. Vinegar has a natural chemical that alters ants' scent and which ants avoid.

• My husband was in conversation recently with a gentleman in the pest control business. This man preferred to use environmentally safe methods to control pests. His recommendation for ants was: equal parts Windex and Ivory Soap. Simply mix, and spray problem areas.

• Most ant poisons have a sweetness to them that attracts most but not all ants. Some ants are attracted to grease. Observe your ants and see what they like, maybe you need a different bait. Also, though this is sometimes difficult, see if you can trace them back to where they are getting in, because caulking is usually the best solution, as it prevents recurrence.

• I live in south Florida, the bug capital of the world, and I don't use anything toxic in or around my home. I discovered a safe way to get rid of ants. I found Shakley's Basic H. It is a non-toxic soap made from soybeans. I take a pint spray bottle, fill it 1/3 with Basic H and 2/3 with water, mixing gently. Follow your trail of ants to try to discover where they are entering. Spray a thin stream of the mix around where they are coming in. I also spray around my door frames and into any openings where they might enter. Caulking any little holes or openings is also helpful. Please remember this is a SOAP. Do not spray where it will be stepped on and someone will slip. I reapply it as needed. Try to keep it off painted surfaces as it will eventually bubble the paint. You can also put three tablespoons into a Miracle Grow feeder full of water and spray outside around the foundation of your house. It will soak into the soil and get into the nests. Do this once or twice a month until the problem abates. As an added bonus, use the same mixture in your feeder and spray your lawn to keep it flea free. I also keep the little spray bottle handy to spritz any bugs that try to dash in the door when it's open. If it can kill a palmetto bug (roaches that are as big as B-52's), it will kill anything!

• I had a bad problem with them last year and tried everything. Then, I read in a book to place Bay Leaves on your counters and preferably along the trail where they are coming in (if you can find it). It worked. Now I make sure that I keep some behind my canisters, etc. on my countertops.

• We use plain white chalk drawn in a line at the place they come in they wont cross for some reason and also I use comet cleanser sprinkled where children/animals don't go.

• So far this has worked in my house. First you need to find out where they are coming in at. To kill ants that have entered your home without poison I use straight Simple Green. Believe me it works. Then after they are all dead, clean the area and spray the area with a peppermint spray. Fill a spray bottle with water and add approximately 10 - 15 drops of peppermint essential oil , sometimes called Peppermint Spirits. Ants won't cross the area because they hate the smell. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Please note this can be dangerous to cats!

•Ants will crawl away from mint. I did this as a science experiment and it worked. Just plant mint all around your house. Especially near doorways.

• A line of cayenne pepper usually stops them from crossing over it.

• Try putting some whole cloves around. I put them on the window sills and door jams and also sprinkled a few around in my bottom cabinets. It worked.

• I recently purchased the book “The Garden Guy – A Seasonal Guide to Organic Gardening in the Desert Southwest” by Dave Owens. Below is quoted information that may help you out. Dave Owens, does the Garden Guy's segments on KTVK (Channel 3) in the metro Phoenix area during Good Morning Arizona. – C.L.

Outdoor Ant Control
Supplies: 1 to 2 gallons water
Stove or barbecue grill
Instructions: Heat water to 160 to 170 degrees. Quietly sneak up to the mounds of ants and pour the boiling water down the hole.
Note: I normally try to do this between 11am and 2 pm.

Indoor Ant Control
Supplies: 1 tbsp. boric acid
1 tbsp. mint jelly or peanut butter
1 cracker
Small cardboard box
Instructions: Mix the boric acid and mint jelly; spread mixture on a cracker. Punch pinholes in a cardboard box; place cracker inside. Place box in an area where ants cause problems, but away from children and pets.
Note: The mint jelly or peanut butter lures the ants in and the boric acid kills them.

Indoor and Outdoor Ant Control
Supplies: Diatomaceous earth
Instructions: Dust food-grade diatomaceous earth along the ant’s pathways.
Note: The white powder will cut through their exoskeleton and they will dehydrate and die.

Indoor and Outdoor Ant Control Supplies:
1 1/2 cup Cream of Wheat
Instructions: Place a dish of Cream of Wheat where the ants can access it.
Note: After they eat it, the cereal expands and the ants will explode.

• This is an answer for Ana who has problems with ants in her kitchen. I have found sprinkling Comet or Ajax powder around the area the ants are invading works wonders. I also take it outside and find where the ants are coming up into the house and sprinkle it there. This is great in the kitchen because it is not poisonous like bug sprays. Good luck! - LR

• Red chili powder !! I've been using it to repel ants for years. Make a paste using a little water, find where the little black pests are coming in and going out and paste the area. you can sprinkle the powder too, but I find adding water makes it more potent. The ants hate the stuff. Brooke and Mary B.

• To trap ants leave an open bottle of maple syrup (cheap stuff is ok) the ants love it and they drown happy. Just make sure you your children and sig. other know about it (LOL). Also I have had luck with the Torro ant poison. It's like a syrup. This they take back to the colony. - Lucy

• Mix borax with sugar water. Place it on the ant trails and where the ants are coming in. It kills any ant that eats the mixture. From CSinbad

• Some mint oil and mint chewing gum help repel ants in a house. placed a stick or open pack of chewing gum on a shelf. Outside you can plant mint around the foundation. It makes a good groundcover and is fragrant when it's stepped on. I hope this helps. Please let me know. - Di
but really, you *have* to try the cream of wheat!

Mama to three  
#245 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM

I only have a second but Sunshine. Call around about haircuts. We have a lady that charges $1 per year of age and Fiesta Hair is $11 a haircut and if you know somebody they might just trim it up for free while you cry.

Over a year ago my middle daughter cut her hair to her scalp trying to give herself bangs and her little sister's hair at the crown so I have felt your pain.

I'll be back with lots more to say later I hope (and to really read that chickn post. Thank you for the info )

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#246 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I only have a second but Sunshine. Call around about haircuts. We have a lady that charges $1 per year of age and Fiesta Hair is $11 a haircut and if you know somebody they might just trim it up for free while you cry.

Over a year ago my middle daughter cut her hair to her scalp trying to give herself bangs and her little sister's hair at the crown so I have felt your pain.

I'll be back with lots more to say later I hope (and to really read that chickn post. Thank you for the info )
Thanks!!

I'll give some more calls. There is a Saturday's by our old place and when I got my haircut there last she asked if dd had ever had a haircut and I said NO WAY JOSE (well, not like that.....lol) and she said that when I was ready, to bring her in so I may call and see if she is working this week and take her in.

OH NO to the scalp. I think I'd still be crying.
#247 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM

Sunshine it really isn't supposed to be so hard in so many ways. You deserve a break and a load of good news.

Falicia I am sorry it is rough for you too. I hope your house gets all fixed up quickly!

Jeanine your ds is gorgeous. What beautiful hair. My 10yo ds had long golden hair until he was four and then got sick of being mistaken for a girl and had me cut it.

Mrsb you are a hotty and your hair is lovely!

Katie wow on the weight loss. No wonder that boy is so big. He is just taking it straight from you. You are a hotty too.

We had a pretty good weekend. dh and I actually got to go out for a dinner date on Sat. Kaija watched the littles and we had gift cards so it was totally guilt/money free. We went to P.F. Chang's and the food was amazing. There isn't any good chinese food here so it satisfied me so well.

I made dh waffles with strawberries (from our first csa box!) and organic whipped cream. Yum!

Then Kaija's graduation was last night. My little girl is out of high school. She took her GED and the school let her walk in graduation ceremonies. It was a fiasco with Eavan as he intermittently sobbed throughout the entire hour and forty five minutes and we had to leave early. He was darting on the elevator, screaming, sobbing and running away from us and it was horrid. Kaija had a great time and that's all the matters. I got her an edible arrangement (fruit arranged like flowers) and we gorged on fruit dipped in local chocolate sauce! It was perfect.

Gotta run Dahlia is screaming!
Wendi
#248 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM

Wendi: Sounds like a nice graduation and good for the school for letting her walk. I didn't get to walk with my graduation bc I was 1/4 short of PE credit that I didn't know about until 2wk before graduation. I was so upset.....I got 2 edible fruit things when I had Lilah...so yummy!!!!!!

Jeanine: DD's hair looked like your son...same face frame and curves......sniff sniff...He has beautiful hair.

Ok, L is crying......need to jet for a bit.....
#249 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
Jeanine your ds is gorgeous. What beautiful hair. My 10yo ds had long golden hair until he was four and then got sick of being mistaken for a girl and had me cut it.
thanks . we actually kept his hair short. then when he was 4.5 he decided he wanted it long (like a lion's mane) and he's been growing it out since. he's had 4 or 5 "trims" (of an inch or more).

Mama to three  
#250 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 05:40 PM

why can't i get the words ant carnage out of my brain????

i am drinking a nice glass of cherry kool-aid. i picked up a packet last week. it's SOOOOOOOO yummy.....
#251 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine's mama View Post
why can't i get the words ant carnage out of my brain????

i am drinking a nice glass of cherry kool-aid. i picked up a packet last week. it's SOOOOOOOO yummy.....

we have been having iced black cherry berry tea. smells like cherry kool-aid, but without sweetener it doesn't taste so much like it. i add sweetener to mine when no one's looking

Mama to three  
#252 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 PM

How is the sewing Katie? It sounds likeyour friend is just being thoughtless in that she isn't thinking about how her words will make you feel. You have a very handsome boy. Why does everybody think there should be such a huge gender difference in babies? They are babies! And next they are toddlers! I think there are bigger personality differences than gender differences for many years to come (I guess htat depends on socialization but come on...)

Jessica, Did Marty have a safer day today? That choking is so scary!!

Jeanine, I think your husband is working overtime. Blueberry bushes are on my list. I suppose I could make it happen. That thought makes me .

Sunshine, this is a very bad year for ants in our area. Some people are spraying but generally I was told that they like the moisture and it is moist. It is a bumper crop of ants right now. Too bad we are veg.: Will you post photos of the hair so we can cry with you? And goats in the house?!

Our dryer isn't working either but luckily I have clothes lines. I tried to have it fixed last fall as it was only 4 years old and the repair man said it wasn't worth it. : It is a very simple GE model so keep that in mind.

lactivist, congrats on the graduation. She is experiencing milestones at quite a rate this year. to you. It must have been an emotional evening. Your little guy probably just picked up on it all.

leanbh, We went through the same thing with Helen. I hope you get a clean bill of health for her eyes. Catching it early makes all the difference. Good luck.

Okay, sorry to be all over the place but dh is fianlly back and he is taking alot of my time. :

#253 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 07:18 PM

What are credits? Why do they say donate and check? Time to visit Q and A...

#254 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 08:04 PM

I haven't read the Q/A thing about the credits but I know others were wondering. I think it may have something to do with buying/selling but I'm probably way off.

Sewing is going well, I've already made two diapers that looked pretty good. My second one was better than the first of course. This is the second one:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...j34/Diaper.jpg
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...nt=Diaper2.jpg

More of my diaper materials arrived today for soakers so I'm going to get a head start of making those tonight before the rest of my diaper fabric arrives. I ordered some cotton velour that's coming this week and I have a custom PUL order on a co-op board that should be ready in about a month. I have friends in NY who are making diaper requests so I plan to make a few for them. I just made another pouch for a friend and will ship that out with the MT carrier tomorrow: http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...j34/Pouch2.jpg

I have a pouch to make for leanbh once the fabric arrives today or tomorrow

So I have been busy! I like it though because it keeps my mind occupied and provides some kind of creative outlet when I have free time.

On hair: I have decided that I won't cut Liam's hair until he asks me to. I'm sure I'm going to get grief from the IL's on that one but I don't give a hoot. I see those baby curls and I couldn't imagine cutting them off.

Wendi - Congrats to your DD!

leanbh - Good luck with the eye appointment, hope all goes well.

Sunshine - I did the same thing when I was a kid. My mom was NOT happy for the same reasons you're sad. I hope you can find something to get rid of the ants.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#255 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post

we have been having iced black cherry berry tea. smells like cherry kool-aid, but without sweetener it doesn't taste so much like it. i add sweetener to mine when no one's looking
a woman after my own heart....mmmm...i'm sad i'm out...i drank it too quick...out of my plastic kool-aid pitcher guy cup from when i was a kid....

Quote:
What are credits? Why do they say donate and check? Time to visit Q and A...
i think they may be revamping the Trading Post since so many ppl want the old one back...i am not fond of the new one myself.....even though i was pretty new when they started it.....i had friends talk about the old one.

with the new one you need credits to list something unless it's FFS/ISO. if you don't plan to list anything ever, i think you can donate them to someone who is ISO of them bc not all of us have $ in our paypal to do it etc....

i'm not sure though..

So, we didn't go to dance. DD threw a fit about her tights not fitting right and then wanted pale pink tap shoes and not the black ones they are lending us. I called and spoke to her teacher and said that she was having a day and she is going to prorate tonight out of the fees.....

The hair isn't as bad as I once believed it to be.....I cut it myself and blended it as best I could....The large chunks I saw were still large BUT her part wasn't where I part it so it looked worse than it was. When we get a camera battery, I'll get a pic of it for you......

I'll have to dig through mom's pictures to find the one of the goat in the house with us all green. I know it's in there somewhere...I may be able to find a pic of just him before that though. Give me a few days.

It's a beautiful night here. Not too hot, not too cool.....My best friend and I went out instead and went to Whole Foods with the baby. She feasted on watermelon while we each at a slice of pizza and shopped a bit. I didn't get much bc it's $ there but I picked up a few things for Lilah to eat and munch on.

Then we went to Bath and Body Works bc it's next door and they are having a huge 75% off of almost everything in the store sale and I spent $10 bucks on 5 things...I got Lilah a hot pink rubber duck, an exfoliating mesh things for the shower, 2 shower gels and 1 lotion. I really didn't have the money to spend on it but since the dance was prorated, I had the $10. She paid for my dinner at Whole Foods so......at least I'll smell good......

I need to go back and read but have to jet now bc I just looked over at Lilah and she has undone her Snappi and her prefold (GMD Brown...albeit a bit big but I embellished it today and it's cute) look like a cape for her butt. Dumb camera battery...

xo's to all.
#256 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM

Sunshine: Hope things get better for you soon. I can't imagine how sad you must be that DD cut her hair!

Katie: Wow! Are you new to sewing? Cause your diaper and pouch look really professional. And Liam's a cutie. I'd just ignore the stupid comments about him looking girly. People just don't think before they open their mouth sometimes.

Leanbh: Good luck with the eye appt. Hope all is well with her eye.

Lactavist: Very cool that the school let her walk in graduation. I'm sure she's glad she's got that behind her before she enters this whole new phase of life....

ants: I've had ant trouble before. I had good luck with making a simple syrup (heating sugar and water) and then adding a little borax. Seems to make them dissapear within a couple of days.

Things around here have been slightly better. Georgia has graduated to taking one hour long nap a day. But she wakes up happy, so that's better than nothing. I've also been putting her to bed much earlier (around 7:15) and she seems to be getting better rested from the extra night sleep.

DH had LASIK surgery today so he's off the rest of the week. But he's not supposed to get sweat in his eyes, which means he'll be in the house under my feet for the next several days. Yeah rah! Just when I get one baby fixed, I get another...
#257 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 PM

Katie - Love the diapers! I cannot sew a diaper for the life of me.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#258 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 PM

katie: the diaper looks fantastic. i tried my hand at them but would jsut rather stick to tutu's and children's clothing.....play and fancy stuff.....elastic and i aren't the best of friends. i either stretch it too much or not enough....

lilah fussin. her prefold looks like a butt cape again......wish i could get the hang of pins but can never get em tight enough...they seem tight enough but they aren't.....
#259 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 11:10 PM

Katie, your diapers look amazing! As do your pouches.

Sunshine, it sounds like you had a bit better evening. I need to get to WF or Target. My little girl about to turn three want some california baby bubble bath for her birthday next week and I waited too long to order it on-line.

Betsy, I totally get the dh underfoot. I hope it is lovely time together. IF it is otherwise you can get him one of those stretchy terry headbands to catch all the perspiration.

#260 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 11:19 PM

I totally forgot about my evening. I took ds1 to the emergency room. He was running to catch a fly ball and ran into the fence. After extracting him from the chain link (I didn't see it but I was told it took 3 grown men) he wouldn't stand up straight or take a nice breath. I was worried about his ribs/lungs so I took him to prompt care and found out they don't do xrays and took him to the emergency room. We waited for two hours, just the boys and me and we were no where close to next. He had fallen asleep so I woke him up and took him home. He got some arnica, ibuprofen and ice. If he is bad in the morning I'll take him to the ped and start over. I figured if the pain isn't so bad he can't sleep he probably be okay. Plus I could see his chest moving with each breath when he was alseep.

I don't fully understand how he became one with the fence... but it looks like I'll be trying to convince 9 yo dd to do his paper route for a couple of days.

#261 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 11:36 PM

THANK YOU for all the good vibes, ladies. It feels pretty good knowing a bunch of people are rooting for you, kwim?

We're going out of town tomorrow and hope the landlord will fix the dryer/wash the carpets/deal with the plumbing while we're gone.

Also, our cars were supposed to be shipped from CA on the 3rd - they're still sitting in front of my parents' house in San Jose. We're riding bikes all over the place but still spending $$$$$ on a rental car. Ugh!

Hair: We're not cutting Chaya's hair till she's three years old. In traditional Judaism, boys don't have their first hair cut till three years old (and during the Omer if possible) the ceremony is called an Ushperin... the hair is then cut short all over with the peyos (side locks) left in front of the ears. At three boys typically begin their Jewish education. It totally doesn't apply to girls, but I like the ideas behind it so we're waiting to cut her hair. Of course, if she finds scissors before then, I guess we'll have to deal to you, sunshine

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#262 of 430 Old 06-17-2008, 11:38 PM

Hey Katie - we just got this new bedspread set and we really have no need for the throw it came with.... I was thinking of making curtains... or a valance. Got any suggestions, oh Fantastic Sewing Lady?

#263 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 12:24 AM

Falicia, I hope you come home to a laundry set up that works in a perfectly dry space.

I like the haircut idea and the meaning behind it. My lo will be three next week and we are still waiting for her to get hair. It is actually kind of cute and wispy, not truly bald but I am starting to get nervous. I just keep telling people that blonde hair takes longer to come in.

How long will it take to get the cars once they ship?

#264 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 12:37 AM

mama! How scary (and frustrating)!

Quote:
I totally forgot about my evening. I took ds1 to the emergency room....

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#265 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM

I'm not new to sewing, I did a little in middle school/junior high, but just clothes and things like that. Nothing like diapers. They do take practice and I have a few screwups but nothing that effects the function of the diaper, I'm sure after a few dozen more or so I'll be better at it. The pouches are easier but serging the two sides together can be tricky.

Sunshine - butt cape

mommajb - I hope DS is okay

Falicia - I am sending lots of vibes so that when you arrive back home it will be spotless and all the appliances and plumbing will be working properly.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#266 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Falicia, I hope you come home to a laundry set up that works in a perfectly dry space.

I like the haircut idea and the meaning behind it. My lo will be three next week and we are still waiting for her to get hair. It is actually kind of cute and wispy, not truly bald but I am starting to get nervous. I just keep telling people that blonde hair takes longer to come in.

How long will it take to get the cars once they ship?
A good family friend has three kids, the youngest a girl going on...4? She has the shortest hair! I find it utterly adorable. Brown with blond bits, wispy and curly in front of her ears, kinda crazy wispy/short on the rest of her head. It hasn't grown much, ever. Her lack of hair stresses her mother out, but I honestly think she is one of the most beautiful children I've seen.

As for the cars, ONCE they ship it can take anywhere from 3 to 14 days.

#267 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Ay, yi, yi! All of a sudden Dahlia is EVERYWHERE! She is getting in the dog's water/kibble, pulling up on things (badly), getting into cords, sucking on the trash can peddle, eating legos, sucking on shoelaces etc etc etc.

Her top tooth finally came in promptly followed by the one next to it. Now there are many more on the way. We are still up every night until 1am because she changed her sleep schedule. It sucks when Eavan wakes at 7:30. At least she isn't waking much during the night. I can't believe how she went from lying around kicking her feet to being EVERYWHERE! I forgot how fast a baby can combat crawl.

She is also demanding to eat every day now. She ate some waffle on Father's Day and thought that was very exciting.

Katie how did you change your screen name? I am trying to figure out how to do it and can't seem to find it. I have no idea what to change it to but will come up with something.
Wendi
#268 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 05:42 PM

Wendi - click on Usernames and Titles at the top. It costs $2.50 to change it but you just send them a message through paypal with your old and new username.

#269 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Don't change your name!! it is like you won the lottery with lactivist.
(I understand if something fits you better )

Ds is bruised but fine. He took today off from soccer and paper routes, baseball wasn't scheduled for today. He did however break his retainer. This is retainer #5 for him : At least he hasn't hurt his teeth.

#270 of 430 Old 06-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Dear Wendi,
Please accept my fondest apologies. I knew Lilah was up to no good with her waking in the wee morning hours. She has taken to babbling in her sleep....half awake.....Dh thinks she's singing but I told him she's not...she's communicating to her baby friends.....teaching them the things she learns and thinks are soo fun. We have no kibble here to eat bc Leo is gone but we have miniscule things on the carpet even though I Dyson it twice a day. She crawls on all 4's, commando and does her own variation of a crab crawl. Today she was in an inverted V so be on the lookout for that bc she babbled alot last night. She crawled over to her sister's lunch plate today and snatched one of her Vegan Popcorn Nuggets (which amazingly enough tasted like chicken........that ended up in my bag and not my friends bc they were hers) and crawled away way faster than I thought she could. I followed her and she had shoved the whole thing in her mouth sucking on it. These girls I tell ya.......If I see anything else on the up and up, I'll let ya know.....

*hug*
Gia

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page