September 07 Mamas-Time Flies It is JUNE!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 430 Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can't believe nobody has started a new thread yet....I think you all must be out enjoying the lovely weather (hopefully).

Jeanine-I hear ya on the teething. I think Lucy must...must be teething...nothing yet thought. Her sleep is so irregular...super clingy and crying and crying if I am not in physical contact with her. OMG on Jamison standing by herself. They are growing too fast!!

Katie-Yeah for Liam and the Potty. I haven't even tried with Miss Lucy yet. She is pretty predictable with when she goes, so I think it might be time to start working with her.

Ishy- The crying will get to you! Be gentle with yourself, you are doing the best you can.

Lactivist-it is wonderful that Dahlia can communicate that she wants you to put her in the sling...adorable.

Sabo-Congrats on the house.

Sunshine- I am so sorry that kitty didn't show up before the move.

LWAB-Lucy's sleep has been all over the place. Last night I woke to her crawling over on me. That is the first time that has happened...it freaked me out. She has the crawling thing down and is getting dang fast. I have to be careful where I put her because it is not where she will be in 10 seconds.

I really...really think she is working on some teeth. She is a super crank and has a runny nose and is constantly chewing her fingers. I wish they would just come in already.

I got the link to the proofs from the photos I had taken of her while we were on vaca in Florida. Take a peek if you like....it will only be acessible for a couple more days and then I have to decide which I want to order and shell out the money for the prints...

http://www.marlaandshane.com/hirsh/

Let me say it again....Miss Lucy did not want to smile for the pics and that dang flower didn't look that big when we put it on her head. The second to last pic is me holding Lucy and the last pic is my Mom holding Lucy.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#2 of 430 Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like the lone ranger out here today...

so after complaining about Lucy's sleep patterns she took a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon

"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#3 of 430 Old 06-01-2008, 11:11 PM

I'm here and mostly keeping to myself.

Michelle, those are adorable photos of Lucy. She looks very wise for not being all grinny.

Things haven't completely imploded or exploded here. Thank you all for the hugs and reaching out. I am lurking and will post as I can (when I am more upbeat).

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#4 of 430 Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM

SweetTexasGal- You aren't the only one around. Those photos are so beautiful. Lucy really is stunning.

Yay! I caught the thread before it was 10 pages long!! I'm still working up on catching up with the May thread, but it looks like all of these babes are growing WAY too fast! Seriously - standing? pottying? Too much!

As for us, Ezri is now 9 months old (will be 10 months next week) and I often forget how early she came. She is crawling up a storm and pulling up on everything! She has started saying "Dada" but not about DH in particular - everything is Dada at this point! She is loving solids and finally has the pincher grasp pretty much down so she is able to do even more on her own. As of this week I will be done working and I will not be returning next school year so I will officially be a SAHM! I am SO excited - we really liked the daycare she went to but, like many of you other mamas know, it is so hard to leave them everyday. Things had gotten really bad with pumping and keeping my supply up at work so we actually had to give her formula at daycare the last few weeks. I was really devastated when it came to that but now that I will be home full time, it's only Boo-Ju for Miss Ez We're also putting away all of her bottles and moving to cups.

So now here is my question - what is everyone doing for sunscreen this summer??? I just bought her a sun hat and wet suit-style bathing suit top (short-sleeved) that both say UBF 50 (?). We've only had to do sunscreen once and we had to use Aveeno Baby that we borrowed from someone. What brands is everyone here using? DH and I both burn ridiculously easily and she has such sensitive skin that I'm really worried about what we put on her. Thanks in advance for your help!

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#5 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 01:52 AM

Michelle - omg she's adorable! I love the pics

Fradaxsky: we've been using Burt's Bees Sunscreen (SPF 30) ... I like that it doesn't have chemicals but I don't like that it's super hard to rub in - my babe looks like she's got war paint on when I put it on her face. We use a big hat for her head and I try to keep her in long sleeves when we're out. Today was GORGEOUS and I was stressing about her hands burning (they were the only skin showing). Yikes.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#6 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 09:27 AM

I didn't even realize it was June 1st when I posted yesterday!

SweetTexasgal: she is BEAUTIFUL! I think the pictures came out great, even without a ton of smiles. And her hair--I'm so jealous! My Lucy's hair is finally growing in a bit more thickly and getting a little longer, but it's still sparse enough that people call her "bald" (to which I indignantly respond, "She's not BALD, look at it all!" ). We need to get some professional pictures taken, we just keep putting it off. We have pictures of dh and I each around 9 months old so I think this month we'd better get some of Lucy. We have a zillion and one shots that I've taken since she was born but haven't gotten prints made of any of them, I should really get on that!

Sleep: Had another awful night here, I think she's having trouble nursing because she's so congested, so it's like an Olympic event to coordinate just the right side, position and timing. After staying up till almost 10:30, she woke up every half hour until she was up at 6:30 (so she cut around two hours off at each end!), plus she spent about an hour awake from 4-5. I'm putting together the swing this morning to see if that'll help keep her sinuses a little less congested, maybe she'll be able to sleep.

Sunscreen: We're all super pale. I got the Burt's Bees chemical-free sunscreen but haven't really tried it yet. I have a UV-protection sun hat for her that shades her face and neck most of the time, and we got a long-sleeve UV-protection rashguard for swimming this summer. Our house is generally pretty cool, even though we don't have a/c except in the bedroom for night time during the summer, so she's still wearing pants and long sleeves most of the time when we go out. The weather here has been pretty hit or miss though, so the hot weather hasn't quite kicked in!

ETA: Oops, meant to post a couple pictures, here they are!

Lots of teeth!
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...8_06010008.jpg

Reading in her high chair
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...8_05290011.jpg

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#7 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 12:26 PM

HAPPY JUNE!

SweetTexasGal: Love the pictures. What a beauty!

Fradaxsky: I am super jealous that you get to stay home now! That sounds wonderful.

SUNSCREEN: We are using the california baby stuff. It has the same issue of being kind of hard to rub in but we haven't had any burns so far! Otto also wears a bucket had to protect his little noggin- his hair is still pretty sparse

Ishy: Love the pic with the book! How studious

LWAB: Otto has really taken off on solids lately. His favorites are pears, nectarines, bagels, organic O's, bananas and green beans . Not too hot on black beans or peas, will tolerate avacados. He's not crawling yet but has started rocking and almost getting on all fours. He's super verbal-lots of chattering and he's doing this new thing when he's mad that totally sounds like he's cussing us out . Its too funny.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#8 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 PM

Oh my goodness, finally I caught the thread before it was too late!

SweetTexasGal: Those pictures are so beautiful it breaks my heart! I wish we knew of a good photogapher...

Aiyana has cut 2 teeth in the past couple weeks. She's crawling and getting into everything of course, She also crawls up to the coffee table and pulls herself standing and has just figured out how to walk around it while holding onto the edges.

It's warming up in these parts, we love it! I only have 2 more months of school before I am DONE. I'm thinking of moving Aiy and I to telluride since her father is doing his own thing these days.

I'm excited to try and keep up this time!

Before she cut both teeth Aiy Bebe

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#9 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mommajb-

Fridaxsky-Lucky Mommie and Babe. I wish I could at least be a WAHM, but at least Lucy is at the office with me everyday.

Ishy-Love the pic of Lucy reading the book...my Lucy love to chew on hers...and YES!! she has hair...don't know what they are talking about.

jbirdbrain-Lucy is solid food lover too. She love avocados, green beans, carrots, broccoli, pasta, rice and beans. The beans however, don't like her too much yet.

Jazzy-Oh Telluride. I spent many vacations there when growing up. What a neat little town. Where are you living now. Love the pic....was that a took breaking through on the bottom?

Lucy is a crawling fool now...it is driving me nuts in the middle of the night. I need to get a rail for the bed..it freaks me out.

#10 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM

sunshine mama…there are no words…I’m so sorry you’re going through all of this. I hope it gets better soon.

Rachel glad you are doing ok. Been thinking about you. It is hard with sickness, teething, and fatigue. to you! I can’t believe all those teeth…

jeanine Congrats to Evie!! Yay!!

michelle thanks for posting the new thread…I was just gonna do it. I can’t believe no one else had already (figured I was late!)

Frida I bought from the UV Naturals co-op. I think it is SPF 30, but I have some Huggies *gasp* SPF 50 in the meantime. It is spray and I hate it!!!

Gotta run…DS is wailing…

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#11 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 02:36 PM

I was wondering where you all were yesterday. Apparently you were *here*, at the *June* thread. I thought *today* was the first.

Jamison has four teeth Two weeks ago she had none. I think she feels a lot better now that they're through.

Well, I need to go back and catch up, but I'm going to do it later. It's gorgeous so we're going outside.

Oh, and DH quit his second job. So he's working fulltime up here - 4-10's, too, so he's home today

Mama to three  
#12 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Look what I miss in one day! Thank you lurking mamas you updated us, we really miss all of you! I'm loving all these pictures, they are all such sweeties!

Sunscreen - We use California Baby, I don't really have an issue with it being hard to rub in, I think the heat here keeps it in a more fluid state though. I have noticed that the whiteness of it kind of disappears after a few seconds anyway.

Sleep was awful again last night, Liam woke up for an hour between 1 and 2 screaming, I think he must have been having some kind of baby nightmare because he stopped once I turned on the light. Andrew ended up failing his run this morning because we were up with him

This is what Liam has been doing since yesterday:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...34/Walking.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/Walking2.jpg

He pulled up on it and just took off!

Some others from this morning:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...jj34/8mon9.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...jj34/8mon8.jpg

And from a few weeks ago, he crawled in here all by himself:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...vendrawer4.jpg

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#13 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 PM

Oh and HATS. Liam hates hats, I can't get him to keep one on even if it ties under his chin. So I just rub sunscreen in his hair

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#14 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Katie: I always love your pictures of Liam. He looks so sweet and mischievous! I can't believe how mobile everyone's getting. I realized Lucy generally gets her "crawling practice" on mattresses so we put down her little rug on the floor (I can't leave it out, the cats will NOT leave it alone!) but she decided she just wants to walk holding onto someone's fingers. My dh thinks she'll walk before she really gets the hang of crawling, but her balance is pretty iffy, lol, so I'm not so sure.

Sleep update:After all this horrible sleeping, I'm SO proud of us today. Until she got this cold, she's been mostly refusing to nurse in any position but side-lying, but because of the congestion, I think she needs to be upright to help her breathe while she nurses. So, this morning I decided to try nursing her sitting up in the bed and then laying her down after she fell asleep. It mainly worked, but she woke up a bit and had to nurse for a few minutes as I set her down because our bed is soft and I was in an awkward position, but then she slept for almost 2 hours. This afternoon, I sat at the end of the bed and was able to lay her down *almost* without her waking up at all, but I still had to kind of crawl across the bed to get her in position, so she did like two sucks and was out again. What I'd really like is to get her used to being laid down after she's asleep, so that I could nurse her in a rocking chair in the bedroom (to save my back!) and then lay her in the crib (still in our room) for naps and possibly at the beginning of the night. I just think she sleeps better without me next to her, so even though I love snuggling her, I think we all need to sleep better for at least part of the night! Plus, if she's used to being laid down like that, when dh takes her during the night and rocks her to sleep, he can transfer her right to the crib instead of our football-pass method, which usually wakes her up.

Just overall feeling much more positive today!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#15 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SweetTexasGal, LOVE the pics! You've got a lot of great shots in there, even if they weren't exactly what you were hoping for (as it sounds). Judah and I love them!

Katie, Judah was talking to Liam in his pics, too! I can't believe he's walking with a walker!

Sunscreen - We also use UV Naturals. My alternative would be California Baby. I read up on SPF rating and you really don't need more than the 30+ on UV Naturals. In fact the bottle says it maintains SPF 40 after an hour in the water.

Squirmy lap baby, gotta go!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#16 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 PM

Oh my all the babies are so cute. The professional shots are beautiful. Liam is such a doll and obviously a handful. Babies are walking and standing and cruising! Where did the time go?

Sunscreen ~ haven't used it much because of all the rain. I bought some Alba baby sunscreen and it seems really nice. Rubs in easily and worked the time I used it.
Wendi
#17 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 06:09 PM

What sweet pics, everyone!!

Subbing
#18 of 430 Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 PM

cute babies

i've been busy planning ds's bday party (pirate theme). i can't believe he's going to be 7 :

Mama to three  
#19 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 12:01 AM

Jeanine - You better show us pictures of the awesome cake you're going to make :

Ishy - I'm glad that transitioning to a different routine is getting easier. Do you have a ring sling you can do a cradle hold with and maybe rock with her that way until she's in a deep sleep? I've been doing this with Liam a lot lately and it has been a lot easier on my back than side lying and patting his back for a half hour.

I made shrimp quesadillas for dinner tonight and they were goooood :. Andrew and Liam are currently taking a shower together, as Liam will jump in fully-clothed if he isn't allowed to shower with us Andrew did end up getting me a sewing machine AND serger for my birthday, which isn't for another week but he did a poor job of hiding it and told me. He can never keep secrets. I'm really excited and I already have some projects lined up for friends. This is the first birthday that he has remembered to do anything and this definitely makes up for it.

I hope all of our babies sleep well tonight :

#20 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Jeanine - You better show us pictures of the awesome cake you're going to make :
this is what i'm going to *try* and do (#4)
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...-birthday.html
i need to find little toy pirates and a ship. cheap. i checked the dollar store but no luck.

Mama to three  
#21 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 02:23 AM

here's the party invites i made - i think they turned out awesome! http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e.../100_9848a.jpg

more pix
this just cracks me up http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...p/100_9851.jpg

my girls http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...p/100_9853.jpg

she stands! http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...p/100_9866.jpg

Mama to three  
#22 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 02:28 AM

Jeanine you are officially the coolest mom eva, will you be my mom? I'm taking notes on your coolness for future reference btw...

That is an awesome picture of her standing, it looks like she almost can't believe what she's doing.

#23 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 AM

Jeanine - great invite!

I'm feeling conflicted and sad today. I declined my dream job a second time. I should feel happy that I'll get to stay home with baby, but, honestly, Dh is not being as supportive as I'd like.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#24 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
Jeanine - great invite!

I'm feeling conflicted and sad today. I declined my dream job a second time. I should feel happy that I'll get to stay home with baby, but, honestly, Dh is not being as supportive as I'd like.
Awww Falicia.

#25 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 09:12 AM

HELLOOOOOO! MAMAS!

It's been so very long. I caught up a little. The photos I've seen so far on this month's thread are wonderful!

With a mobile babe, there is very very little time at the computer for me these days. By the end of the day I"m lucky if I can keep one eye open to read email.
Marshall is doing great! in general. Right now he is on day 3 of a fever that won't break all the way. It keeps fluxuating between 103 and 100. He didn't sleep well last night and is sleeping right now. Fingers crossed that he gets a good snooze in. I couldn't go back to sleep b/c I had my coffee already
Otherwise, he is crawling and standing like a madman, has 7 teeth.. actually, the 8th pushed through the other day. He loves food but I've been slacking on introducing. Any good way to keep up with this? I've been "making" his food but I feel so behind that I'm almost thinking of buying the Earth Best jarred for him to get more of a variety.

I'm doing sooo much better! The thyroid medication is working really well. I'm totally different person. Due to having energy and Marshall being more active, we are getting out more and I'm slowing meeting other AP mamas.
My knees and feet still ache but my doc wants me to wait a bit longer on the medication. She said it can take a while.
OH! and this is interesting... last month at M's ped appointment, he gained 3lbs. in one month! His doc thinks it has to do with the meds I'm on for the thyroid and my milk supply, which did increase but we think it changed the caloric make up of the milk too. He doesn't think it's formula or solid.(yes we still have supplement). My last blog entry has this info and photos, although they are almost a month old already! Where is the time going??
Marshall is going to be 10 months tomorrow!

Well Mamas, I'm glad to read everyone is doing well. I will try to at least lurk this month
Much

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#26 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM

Nikkihoi - Beautiful pics on your blog! I'm so glad you're feeling better and your supply has improved. Marshall is such a cutie! As for food, have you thought about just letting him self-feed solids? He's old enough at 10 months now to be able to eat table food if he's interested, things like steamed vegetables and fruits. Lately Liam is loving carbs, he still really likes green beans and any kind of green vegetable for that matter. He loves organic prunes that come in the bag and will happily eat those all day if I let him. Cooked beans and lentils are also one of his favorites. It makes it a lot easier when we cook the same things that we're eating and share with him instead of preparing something separate.

#27 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Jeanine you are officially the coolest mom eva, will you be my mom? I'm taking notes on your coolness for future reference btw...

That is an awesome picture of her standing, it looks like she almost can't believe what she's doing.

thank you i don't think i've ever been called cool before. weird, yes. cool, no.

i think the look on her face is one of extreme concentration. apparently it's a lot harder to stand than we realize.

falicia - i'm gonna pm you

nikki - glad to hear you're feeling so much better, and 3 pounds is awesome i just feed jamison whatever part of our food seems reasonably appropriate - like last night she had homemade pizza crust. the night before she had kidney beans from our chili, and some grated cheese. breakfast was banana pieces and some waffle. i don't bother with introducing one thing at a time, but i'm lazy like that. and we don't have a history of food allergies.

Mama to three  
#28 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 PM

Sweet texasgal: What beautiful pics! Lucy is a doll!

Sunshine: Hope things start looking up for ya. One time our cat was gone for a couple of months and came back home one night like nothing had ever happened. Maybe she'll come back just when you least expect it.

ishy: Glad to hear the sleep is going better. I'm excited to try some things from the NCSS to help Georgia get a little more sleep. I'm going to start next week after oldes DS's late night ball games are over.

jeanine: Cute invites! Can't wait to see the cake. You're such a creative mom. I wish I were, but I'm just too lazy.

nikkihoi: Glad to hear that you and babe are doing better. I agree with Katie, that you can just let him self feed most of the things you are eating (within reason). Last night I made quinoa with veggies, garlic, and ginger and DD lapped it up. It's fun to see her try new things.
I'm getting very, very frustrated with the nursing with teeth. I do not remember having this issue with my other children and they were both nursing when they had a mouthful of teeth. georgia continues to pull and tug and eventually make teeny tiny breaks in the areola that hurt like hell! Sadly, it makes me just want to quit somedays. I can't imagine doing such a thing, but I never imagined it would hurt so bad for so long. This is the 3rd sore in a month.

Our vacation went well, except that her sleep got even more out of whack than it already was. I wore her in the Beco most of the trip so she was really glad to get back home and crawl and cruise around. Oh, and she LOVED the pool. It was her first time in the pool and she was a prune when I'd get her out. Should make for fun times on hot summer days.
#29 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM

Jeanine - I'm so impressed with your baking skills and craftiness. Yeah, I definitely see the concentration, she's like a kung foo master I'm lazy too, I started out slowly with foods in the beginning but now he eats everything.

#30 of 430 Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Oh, and lets cheer on Alegna in the May DDC, she's FINALLY in labor at 43 weeks and some odd days, she's a trooper!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page