My baby swallowed shampoo today! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-10-2003, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh. My ds2, 15months, was playing in the bathtub (no water in it, just walking around) while I went to the bathroom and he knocked the shampoo down (he hadn't been able to reach it before!), before I knew it, his hand was in it and in his mouth (it had spilled) and he was trying to eat it! He gagged and spit it out, and I don't know if he swallowed much or not; but I called poison control and they said it was okay; that he might vomit or have diahrrea but just to watch him.

He was totally fine, never had any diahrrea or vomiting; so I don't think he even swallowed it, just tasted it.......but my heart is still pounding and I'm still worried and watching over him (this happened at 1pm today). I can't believe it happened so fast, while I was right there watching him!

Now every time he coughs I'm convinced it's the shampoo.....

Gotta run....

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#2 of 3 Old 10-10-2003, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LOL. I know that he's fine, and he didn't seem to like it, at least!

Kristi

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#3 of 3 Old 10-10-2003, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son did this yesterday. He picked up the bottle of baby shanmpoo and sucked on the lid which was a pop open kind. I didn't think he could get any but then he cried so I sucked on it and sure enough.. but I don't think he got much, a bad taste though. He cried and we nursed and he is fine. What is funny is that our nickname for him is bubbles so I think he was trying to live up to it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page