Poop discussion ... Diary allergy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oh man.. I never thought I'd be discussing my lo's poop on the internet. Since nothing on the internet is ever gone, I really hope he never finds this as a teen/adult

ds is 7 weeks now. Since ~3 weeks he's had gel- like poop. It is somewhat seedy most of the time, but sometimes is just thick yellow gel. Sometimes he has green poops - once a day to once every other day. I do have somewhat of an oversupply and the green poops are only in the morning after doing only one feeding per side overnight, so I've attributed it to that and just tried to be more careful with block feeding.

But today I looked in his potty (we EC) and there were 2 *tiny* red strands. I never would have noticed them if they were in a diaper I'm sure, but I saw it when I had to wash it out. The sites I looked at don't seem too concerned with a small amount of blood (kellymom & dr sears), so I don't want to call the ped if its not necessary, but I absolutely will if there might be a real problem.

Now that I'm thinking about this...

He does have a little red rash around his anus. I never associated it with the "red ring" - since its not really a ring, its just the whole small area. Is that what is meant by the red ring?

And, he does have some pretty massive spitups. I really don't know whats normal, but, they tend to fly over my shoulder and puddle on the floor...

He's otherwise happy and very healthy - hes growing like crazy, alert, smily, etc. Those seem like the signs I found for a diary allergy. I did increase my dairy intake (a ton) in the last week, with lots of kefir & 24h. cultured yogurt....

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#2 of 5 Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
e've got pretty much the same thing going on here, and I'm trying to determine if I need to start an elimination diet.
#3 of 5 Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Oh man.. I never thought I'd be discussing my lo's poop on the internet. Since nothing on the internet is ever gone, I really hope he never finds this as a teen/adult

ds is 7 weeks now. Since ~3 weeks he's had gel- like poop. It is somewhat seedy most of the time, but sometimes is just thick yellow gel. Sometimes he has green poops - once a day to once every other day. I do have somewhat of an oversupply and the green poops are only in the morning after doing only one feeding per side overnight, so I've attributed it to that and just tried to be more careful with block feeding.

But today I looked in his potty (we EC) and there were 2 *tiny* red strands. I never would have noticed them if they were in a diaper I'm sure, but I saw it when I had to wash it out. The sites I looked at don't seem too concerned with a small amount of blood (kellymom & dr sears), so I don't want to call the ped if its not necessary, but I absolutely will if there might be a real problem.

Now that I'm thinking about this...

He does have a little red rash around his anus. I never associated it with the "red ring" - since its not really a ring, its just the whole small area. Is that what is meant by the red ring?

And, he does have some pretty massive spitups. I really don't know whats normal, but, they tend to fly over my shoulder and puddle on the floor...

He's otherwise happy and very healthy - hes growing like crazy, alert, smily, etc. Those seem like the signs I found for a diary allergy. I did increase my dairy intake (a ton) in the last week, with lots of kefir & 24h. cultured yogurt....

That sounds identical to my son's story...

sorry

but

it was the dairy

the good news is that as of last week (ds was 9 mo) he now seems to have grown out of it...as in i can eat it in small quantities! wahoooo! But seriously, i would be willing to bet on it...

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#4 of 5 Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you so much! Yeah once I got to reading it seemed to match, but I really appreciate you helping me confirm it (or at least let me know I'm not crazy to be giving up dairy for a test). I think he may have actually spit up a little less already today after barely 48 hours dairy free, so hopefully we'll see some good improvements this week.

The only thing I'm going to miss is the butter.. not sure how I'm going to cook my eggs .. and I need to find a good home for the half gallon of organic home made yogurt in the fridge because it's just too good to go to waste!

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#5 of 5 Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Thank you so much! Yeah once I got to reading it seemed to match, but I really appreciate you helping me confirm it (or at least let me know I'm not crazy to be giving up dairy for a test). I think he may have actually spit up a little less already today after barely 48 hours dairy free, so hopefully we'll see some good improvements this week.

The only thing I'm going to miss is the butter.. not sure how I'm going to cook my eggs .. and I need to find a good home for the half gallon of organic home made yogurt in the fridge because it's just too good to go to waste!
Purity Farms Ghee! We're dairy free and we use it. My dairy allergic dd is fine with it, too. When you get to baseline in a couple of weeks, you could try introducing it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page