Oh the arching - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's out of control. I sit down to nurse him and he does back bends in my lap. I put him in the tub and he does back dives (bout drowns himself). Now it's happening in the ergo. He looked up at the leaves of a tree once, now he has to do it incessantly....and nearly flip himself out of the carrier onto his head. Is this normal??? Or do I have a spirited 5 1/2 month old?!

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#2 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 AM

Hah.. it's because our babes have seen the sun so rarely they are always looking for it!

K was born on 1/21 and she arches in her sleep even. So, Im guessing its a normal developmental stage.
#3 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 AM

Sounds normal to me.

I bet your little one just went through a growth spurt and has discovered the world is a little bigger than just Mommy.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#4 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 AM

My DC was born on the same day as yours and I swear everything you post I can relate to. He has being doing the arching, especially when it's car seat time. He hates that thing.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#5 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmama8824 View Post
My DC was born on the same day as yours and I swear everything you post I can relate to. He has being doing the arching, especially when it's car seat time. He hates that thing.
My ds has gone from hating his careseat to being ok in it and even peacefully falling asleep in it just in the last week or two. He doesn't love it and sits himself upright with his elbows when I put him in or out but FINALLY improvement over the screaming.

come to think of it he did just go through a growth spurt .... that may be it...

you january moms have any trouble getting your distracted, alert little babies to nurse? or sleep?

#6 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 03:36 PM

My little man does it when he needs to stretch. It makes it a lot easier to get him out of his car seat when he makes room for our hands that way!

Mama to EG, Mate to MD, Writer, Editor, International Jewel Thief.
#7 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaLMT View Post
My ds has gone from hating his careseat to being ok in it and even peacefully falling asleep in it just in the last week or two. He doesn't love it and sits himself upright with his elbows when I put him in or out but FINALLY improvement over the screaming.

come to think of it he did just go through a growth spurt .... that may be it...

you january moms have any trouble getting your distracted, alert little babies to nurse? or sleep?
Yeah, this past week has gotten easier in the car seat here, too. He fell asleep on his own! Before I had to crank up the static. He still arches when I first put him in it.

Yeah, my DS is easily distracted and sometimes he will nurse pop off, cry, want to play, want to nurse and so on. Sometimes a dark room helps but the dog will come in and shake off and the ds is WIDE AWAKE!! He has to have it very peaceful for sleepy time.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#8 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
"you january moms have any trouble getting your distracted, alert little babies to nurse? or sleep?"

Yep, although I'm a December mom. Just have someone (including and especially the dog) walk in, and the feeding is over. Doesn't matter that he hasn't eaten in 5+ hours. He's more interested in ANYTHING that's not me or what I want him to do. Unless I'm trying for some "me time." Then he's ALL about mommy!
#9 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 08:15 PM

Im really finding that my nursing necklaces are helping alot with the distraction while feeding. Daddy still cant come in and start talking, but generally every little sound isnt making her pop off.
#10 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

time to get a nursing necklace! he's taking most of his calories at night

#11 of 11 Old 06-26-2008, 11:15 PM

Mine has been sooo distracted this month and just started arching today actually, lol. Nursing necklace sounds interesting - any recommendations on where to get one?

Cynthia

Wife to Matt. Mom to Alex (2/8/08). Expecting our second (2/6/12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page