clothing for long thin babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2008, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my little premies (now 4 mos) are long and thin, but so much clothing is made for chubby babies that there's extra material. does anyone know of a clothing line that is cut a little slimmer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 06:09 PM

Both my kiddos have always been long & lean. I find carters to work well - I always buy several sizes up & do lots of rolling up.

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:18 PM

My first was long and thin and did well in leggings and t's until she could wear dresses. As far as brands... we did alot of carters and children's place/gymboree.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 06-28-2008, 06:42 PM

My dd is long and thin and it was/is difficult finding pants for her. We put her in dresses almost all the time since it didn't/doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with them. With pants, they would be too big in the waist to fit her length or to short in the length if they fit in the waist. Carters and Gymboree seemed to work well for us too. Hope you find something that works for you

Wife to my wonderful man, mommy to DS 02/2005, DD 12/2006, DS 07/2008, Matthew 10/4/2009, 2 and Due 11/2010!!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks Mama View Post
Both my kiddos have always been long & lean. I find carters to work well - I always buy several sizes up & do lots of rolling up.
I second the Carter's. Always worked well for us.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana! View Post
I second the Carter's. Always worked well for us.
I third Carters for long lean babies. I especially love the plain white long and short sleeve onsies. They fit great.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Carters has been good for us too. I also like Hatley pjs, but they are expensive (but really cute) www.hatleystore.com.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:24 AM

My baby is long & lean 20% weight/ 90% height. She's 4.5 months. I find that Oinkbaby clothes in size 9 months work great (and are really cute!). She wears cloth diapers so that adds some bulk around the waist.
I also find that Hanna Andersson clothes are versatile in that they accommodate a variety of different body shapes

Stacy (mt Ocean 4.5 months)
Old 06-29-2008, 09:55 AM

Zutano seems to be cut for long thin babys & toddlers. We sell it at the store where I work & that is the feedback we've gotten.

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

Old 06-29-2008, 10:16 AM

Carters sometimes as well. I also really like the fit on my long thin guy of American Apparel

It can be a bit more pricey, but it really really lasts.

S, mama to boy M(6/07) and baby girl R(7/10). We do all the good natural family living stuff!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:55 PM

Long, thin 10-month-old here - we've loved Carters too. We buy a size up though because it runs small, but it's still thin enough. I've found that the cheapie brands like the ones you find at Target and Kohls are cut for fatter, shorter babies.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Another vote for carters. the only thing that truely fits my ds. you can get them at toys r us in sets of like 5 I think for pretty cheap. He's 14 weeks wearing the 3 months size and the width is very nice and still has a little bit left on the length to grow into.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Carters was always still wide on my son, but mostly we just got used to him being in somewhat loose clothes. We did have some luck with Baby Gap sleepers that fit perfectly.

ETA: Something like these might let you just buy onesies a size down.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 PM

Carters are a bit wide on my little one, but they work... Gymboree fits best, but is so expensive!

DD is 10 months and is 12% for weight and close to 50% in height.

We do a lot of onsies and babylegs. Gap and Old Navy leggings fit her pretty well, too.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnJayTwins View Post
my little premies (now 4 mos) are long and thin, but so much clothing is made for chubby babies that there's extra material. does anyone know of a clothing line that is cut a little slimmer?
I find Gymboree clothes are both made to last and cut long, though you may as well ignore the size chart with "6-12 months" as the scale lol its very misleading

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
Old 07-01-2008, 08:57 PM

I have 4 long, lean bunnies and Carter's has always served us well as has Gymbo and at this time of year onesies/tees, cloth dipes, babylegs, and socks/mocs would also work well. I have good luck finding bargains on Carter's at Fred Meyer, kohls.com, and TJ Maxx...but I'm not sure if you have the retail stores near you. kohls.com has good sales and you can LiveSearch for online coupon codes to get even better deals.

* Holly * rural Seattle suburban SAHM to Elizabeth 11 * Cole 9 * Annie 5 * Blaise 3 * and Urban 2 mos *
Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Gymboree was the best, but ouch the money!! Good thing my relatives believe in buying one or two nice things rather than lots of junk.

User Tag List