**September 07 mamas - Its July!!**

9K views 391 replies 23 participants last post by  ~Katie~ 
#1 ·
I didnt see one started yet, so here one is

See less See more
#277 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
Molars typically come in before canines.
Jamison has 7 teeth. Typically they come in two's, but her 8th one just doesn't want to come in.
Ds, who just turned seven, *still* hasn't got his 6 yo molars or lost a tooth. Apparently teeth have minds of their own.
What would I do without you, Jeanine
He has all 4 top and bottom, so it would make sense that those would come in next. For some reason I always thought canines, then molars. What set of molars is it that comes in first?

#278 ·
Ok. I have a minute....trying to finish up cleaning and getting things put away from last night. I was so tired I think I fell asleep before 10pm and was up way to early today.

DD1 just woke up and came downstairs and she is nekkid but has socks on....*scratching head*

My interview family will be here in an hour, give or take a few minutes for rush hour traffic.

Trying to not get hopes up, but it's hard..........

WISH ME LUCK.....CROSS WHATEVER NEEDS CROSSED....

Jeanine: Ok, enough with the knife images....LOL.....I can't imagine what I would think if i found a diaper knife after someone moved.....

Ok, bbl

#279 ·
forestrymom

yeah, we moved out mattress to the floor too. I dont know why I didnt do it sooner. Cian was always a roller, and even when young would flail around the bed in sleep.

So, both children were asleep by 7 last night
Cian was up like every 45 minutes, but thats normal lately. Lilah actually stayed asleep (well she woke once around 10:30 and then came into our room around 3 but she didnt get up to play). She fell asleep in the car picking up dinner. I cant tell you the last time she slept 12 hours!!!

#280 ·
Add us to the terrible day and night club. My mom and I got in a huge fight yesterday (via email, lol) over plastic toys, it was totally ridiculous. Then we tried to go to bed around 8 and Lucy just wouldn't settle down, dh finally took her out to the living room and rocked her to sleep sometime around 9:15 and brought her back in around 10. She woke up every hour from then until 1 and then just stayed wide away until almost 3:45. I think she slept from 4-6 and then was up every hour again...by 7:30, she went into nurse-doze mode, which she usually does when she's waking up, but by that point I had to pee really bad so I couldn't fall back asleep! She ended up nursing and dozing until 9:30 and I couldn't even take advantage of it.

We tried some cantaloupe at dinner last night and she scarfed it down, but then this morning her blueberry rash (which had been fading a bit by yesterday) was bright red and spread a bit. I guess we'll stick to what we know doesn't make her rashy at all, which is pretty much banana, sweet potato, O's and rice rusks, until it clears up.

#281 ·
The mom just left. So we'll see. Usually I can read how it's gonna end up but not this time. I am apparently smack dab in the middle btwn where she lives and where she works so. She's torn about wanting him where she lives so if he needs picked up for some reason, her husband or her stepkids can do it quickly or where I am so she can....

I did tell her though, and hopefully this gives me a leg up on the 2 other ppl she's interviewing beginning of the week.....that if I care for an infant right now, the baby will be the only child I take on for awhile besides my own and the 2 sisters I care for on Friday's so the rest of the week, he'd be the only one so he'd have TONS of one on one care....just like at home.

greenmagick: YAY sleep!!!!

ishy:
sleep!!! we had a decent sleep night here all around so I hope it rubs off on you.

ok, off to pack for our picnic today. we are gonna stop and see mom on the way. dd1 drew her a picture so we need to switch it out with an older one that's there.

: to all.

#282 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
What set of molars is it that comes in first?
The ones that are right next to the canines. Do they call those 1 year old molars? And then the next set are the two year old molars? Or did you mean top or bottom first? I don't know if top or bottom typically come in first.

#284 ·
Sunshine - I hope she chooses you. I would. Your picnic sounds fun. I often have a nekkid but for socks dd, too. or just flip flops and a hat. dh wishes i would take fashion advice from her
. oh, sorry, did i just put *another* bad visual in your head?

forestry and sweet texas - i hope you both are able to recover everything from your computers. that totally sucks. and reminds me that I need to back up my photos.

forestry - i hope you have a better day today.

katie - i hope you're feeling better today.

greenmagick's mom's diamond - please show yourself so you can return to greenmagick's mom

#286 ·
Another bad night of sleep here. Dahlia is waking so much during the night. She went to be again at 1am. Oh well luckily I don't have to be anywhere or look good or anything. Eavan is already on my last nerve so its going to be a long day. It looks like it is going to be really hot too.

We got some blueberries in our csa box and I made the most delicious blueberry cream cheese coffee cake last night. YUM!!! It was so good. The blueberries were huge and so sweet. I really want to go blueberry picking this weekend.

I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and then on saturday I get to go start working with my tattoo artist on my next tattoo. My dh had put down a deposit for Yule and I need to use it.
:

Thanks for all the kind comments on my beautiful kids. I love them soo.

I hope all lost things are recovered (diamonds and computers) and new care providers are found and people are hired and life is good for all. Oh yes and I could stand to lose some weight too. I am below prepregnancy weight (first time ever while nursing) but still need to lose about 40 more pounds.

Eavan won't stop hassling me so I have to go help him. He is usually pretty good about leaving me alone in the morning but he is relentless today. Its going to be a very long day!
Wendi

#287 ·
jeanine: i often hear the socks or hat and nothing else comment from my dh....lol @ visual. My brain didn't go there until you said something. It was MUCh better than the diaper knife one...
I'll ask my veggie friend what she feeds her kidlets.

who was doing weight watchers?? my brain is fuzzy today. what is the start up cost and such?????

ok, lilah is crying. bbl

#288 ·
*fingers crossed* for Sunshine!

Liam slept better last night but I didn't. My fever seems to be down but the front of my face still feels like it's going to explode. Liam was an angel and went back to sleep at 8am until noon.

Jeanine - It's the molars on the bottom right next to where the canines should be, so I assume they're first year molars? I have a vegetarian Moroccan stew with couscous recipe that is really delicious and easy to put together, I'll PM it to you.

Ishy - I'm sorry you had a rough night last night

#289 ·
Quote:

If you ever come over to my house, never, never, ever look on the floor behind the toilet
:

At one of the houses we rented, the toilet tank was up high - you couldn't see the top of the tank, although I could reach the knife, so it was a good place to store it. Well, our landlords sold the place, and we had to move, and I forgot about it, and I totally wonder if the guy who bought the house ever found it, and if so, what he thinks.
I can't imagine finding a "dirty" plastic knife on the top of my toilet tank. That's sooo gross and yet I'm totally cracking up while I type it!
But really, if you didn't know it was a diaper cleaning knife, what on earth would you think? Those people are FREAKS!!!!

:

easy vegetarian ideas: cauliflower & chickpea curry, serve with brown rice

chickpeas, canned tomatoes, spinach, garlic, onion, serve over quinoa
(I like chickpeas, can you tell?)

stuffed zuccinis, fresh homemade toasts & salad

baked potatoes with toppings (cheese, broc, etc... a fav in our house)
black bean and corn salad

all day lentils - lentils, onions, whatever veggies on hand, into the slow cooker, voila...top with parmesean

#291 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post

easy vegetarian ideas: cauliflower & chickpea curry, serve with brown rice

chickpeas, canned tomatoes, spinach, garlic, onion, serve over quinoa
(I like chickpeas, can you tell?)

How do you make those two? I'm totally a recipe girl. If there's no recipe, I can't do it. After I make something a few times I can change it, but the first time? Nope, it will inedible without a recipe.

We're having spaghetti for dinner. Again. Ugh. But momma doesn't have her shopping list together, cause she doesnt know what to have for dinner, cause she's sick of spaghetti, so we coudln't go to the store today (and I opted to play in the sandbox instead), so we're having spaghetti. Again.

#292 ·
Falicia Congratulations to Chaya! That sounds really cute the whole "pirate crawl"

MyBoyAramis You're right, Aramis is gorgeous, but definitely does not look like a baby anymore.
I know your pain all too well!! You're so brave on the labret…I could never get into piercings. I'm all about the ink, but that's where my courage runs out.

Wendi Yeah, well my "sleeping through the night" post was a giant jinx…see below!! I wish I could use a job offer to leverage more $$ at my job. I work for the government and it is a very structured system. I just got a raise in February so I have to wait at least 52 weeks before I'm even eligible for a raise where I am. I got a call about a job today though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Heather You must pose very carefully indeed because it looked like your kitchen could have been out of a magazine to me!! Thank you for all the remedy ideas - I wish I read this a few days ago. I keep trying to find a zinc that won't make me toss my cookies. For some reason it just doesn't agree with my tummy at all! I can't believe Judah is walking!! Congratulations!
:

Sabo
on the paper eater…DS does that too!
about whatever with DH…all I have to say is MEN!! DS loves blueberries as well - they are the perfect baby food!

Katie OMG I just want to squish Liam's little belly!! He's so cute.

Jeanine Sorry about the oven incident…I did that at my SIL's house when I was babysitting my niece & nephew. I was so embarrassed.

Sunshine Here's some more
: for you…I am so happy for your good fortune!! OMG 3 lbs of crab legs for $12!! That's insane. Crab was the only food I craved while PG with DS and I ate so much DH always told me DS would be born with claws. I don't think anyone in the history of the world has ever consumed as much crab as I did in those 9 months!

Michelle Oh, I hope they're able to restore your system. That's horrible
:

Hi all
Missed you ladies. I am having the most hectic week ever. Work is just ridiculous this week and I can't even get into it. It's stupid and boring, but mostly stupid!

Anyway, DS has been going through some stuff lately and IDK what the deal is. He's weaning…and I'm crying
: He's only *almost* 13 months. WTH?! He only wants my left side but will take the right in an emergency and only wants it when he's upset so I know it is a comfort thing not a hunger thing. OMG…this came WAY too quickly for me. Trying to deal…not doing so well. Then when I think he's going to wake up a man tomorrow
he woke up last night because we had wicked thunder storms and rain. He was scared and wanted to sleep with mama!! Bestill my broken heart. I lay there for over an hour just staring at him and playing with his hair before I realized it was 3:30 in the morning and I needed to get up in an hour and a half for work. I overslept (power went out and screwed up the alarm) and I gently put him back in his crib, got ready for work in peace. It was nice, but when he woke up he was super clingy which ordinarily I love, but I hate it on days he goes to day care because that means he'll cry when I try to leave and of course he did. Thankfully since we were late, more kids were already there and it was easier to sneak out. I hate doing that

I'm just so pooped…I have no more energy to write. Have to go clean a hamster cage and make DS' lunch box for tomorrow. TGIF!!!

#293 ·
Jess:
mama....Lilah more wants the right side these days bc the left side isn't just as fast flowing as it used to be. It's the side that had the mastitis and my LC told me that sometimes the supply just doesn't come back and it can retain the salty flavor for awhile....extra hugs to you. I ate a ton of crab too when I was pregnant....crab and corn.
The sale was CRAZY....wish I would've picked up more bc it went crazy fast. Lilah snatched a large bite (you know, when you crack it perfectly and the entire piece of meat comes out and not in flakes) and shoved it in her mouth....I have heard that shellfish allergies are pretty quick and she was fine after 20 minutes so I let her eat more. She couldn't eat it fast enough and smacked her lips the entire time making kissing sounds. I've created a crab monster. There are no shellfish allergies in either family so I wasn't too worried.....We need a crab smilie.

I thought I had more but I don't....brain is exhausted and I am watching my friend's girls tomorrow. I'll have my 4yo, her 2yo and the babies.....2 weeks apart (mine and hers)...whoosh.

#294 ·
Quote:

How do you make those two? I'm totally a recipe girl. If there's no recipe, I can't do it. After I make something a few times I can change it, but the first time? Nope, it will inedible without a recipe.

We're having spaghetti for dinner. Again. Ugh. But momma doesn't have her shopping list together, cause she doesnt know what to have for dinner, cause she's sick of spaghetti, so we coudln't go to the store today (and I opted to play in the sandbox instead), so we're having spaghetti. Again.
No shame in spaghetti

Two recipes for curry:

Cauliflower, potato, & spinach curry (~4 servings)
boil for 5 minutes 1/2 head cauliflower, cored, cut into florets, blanch in ice water

To the boiling water add 2 med potatoes, cubed, boil 5 mins

drain, rinse, drain cauliflower, add to potatoes, set aside

Food Process: 1 large apple, peeled, cored; 3+ garlic cloves sliced, 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced, 2 fresh hot peppers (I use jalepeno)
process till mixed, not pureed.

Chop 2 med onions

Heat 1/4 oil or ghee in a dutch oven on med heat and the veg mixture, the onions, and cook till soft (5 to 7 mins).
Add 2 tbs curry powder
1 tbs flower (if wheat intolerant you can use cornstarch or just totally omit)
cook 3 mins to brown the powder & flower

Add 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 c stock or water
1 tsp salt
bring to a boil, stir, add potato/cauliflower mix along with 16 oz can chickpeas (drain & rinsed)

Cover, cook on Med 15 mins. Stir in at least 12 oz spinach

Season with pepper & serve over rice

Curried Chickpeas w/ Veggies (~4 servings)

1/4 c oil
2 tsp cumin seeds (this can be omitted)
heat till sizzling

add 1 tbs fresh minced ginger
1 tbs chopped garlic (I often go way over these two measurements
)
cook 1 min, then add 2 tsp curry powder, cook 1 min

Add one can chickpeas, rinsed
2 c cubed sweet potato
2 c cauliflower
1 c 1" g bean
1 c stock
pepper
cover cook 10 mins

Stir, add 1 c yogurt, 2 tbs flower, 1 tbs fresh jalepeno peppers (I also increase this)

cook till heated through.
if desired top with toasted coconut & cashews or peanuts

both recipes from Joy of Cooking

ENJOY!

#295 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
No shame in spaghetti

Two recipes for curry:

[ENJOY!
Oh wow, those look yummy!
:

Here is a picture of Cian with his barrette

I have been reading all of the posts, but havent been responding. I am starting to get migraines nightly again
: They start in the late afternoon an last until I go to bed. Sometimes taking a bath stops them, sometimes not. They are not full blown knock you on your ass ones, but they hurt and cause me to think fuzzily and get nothing done.

#296 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post
Oh wow, those look yummy!
:

Here is a picture of Cian with his barrette

I have been reading all of the posts, but havent been responding. I am starting to get migraines nightly again
: They start in the late afternoon an last until I go to bed. Sometimes taking a bath stops them, sometimes not. They are not full blown knock you on your ass ones, but they hurt and cause me to think fuzzily and get nothing done.
I love the pic! It's so amusing because he absolutely looks like a boy, but has the pink clip! Too cute!

So sorry about the migraines.
I've dealt with many since childhood - they are miserable. Have you had any dietary changes that could be causing them? Sleep disturbance?
I hope you can figure out - and change - whatever might be causing them.

DH and I have our 9th anniversary today. Tomorrow, my mom's keeping ALL three boys for 12 hours or so, so we can go out and do something together -just the two of us! We were going to go over night but I realized that would just be too hard on everyone. So, the day, it is. I'm looking forward to it -and to the rain stopping!!

So, early to bed tonight so we can actually go out... Oh, and I should actually make DH a card, too.
He brought me a card and a big box of hand-picked Godiva.
There are days when he scores big points.
(And some we won't talk about!
)

#297 ·
I am exhausted, but wanted to touch on Jess's post. Have you considered that he is having a bit of a nursing strike? Its unusual for babies to wean naturally before age 2 (although not unheard of). I can send you some info, or link you up, if you want. I have a ton (I was recently accredited as a LLL leader--like in the middle of my computer crash). Anyway, let me know...

HUGS mamas!

#298 ·
Thanks for the recipes. I am going to the grocery store today, so I will pick up the stuff for the first curry recipe
:

Happy Anniversary, Heather!

Katie - thanks for the stew recipe. I'll have to change out some veggies - I'm allergic to eggplant (poor dh loves it, but never gets it), kids don't do bell pepper (when they see them
), one kid doesn't do carrots (when he can see them). I'm a big fan of using my mini food processor to make food invisible - onions, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini (dh won't eat it if he can see it. he knows i grind it into oblivion and he doesn't object.) - then i add it to stews, soups, whatever I can

so, my big plan for the day - grocery shopping
:

#299 ·
Happy anniversary, Heather!

Jeanine - I know it wasn't in the best recipe form, sorry about the vegetables also! It works well with just about any so that's the good thing.

Greenmagick - I'm sorry you're having migraines, I get the crippling ones at least once a month and it stinks. That is a very cute picture!

I've been up since 7, we had some errands to run before Andrew went to class. Liam had a good night last night even though I stayed up late. He seems to be stretching out his night wakings and not waking up completely like he usually does.

After all the time we've spent here boredom is finally starting to set in. I may try going to the pool today if the weather co-operates. We're running out of things to do and Liam hates being cooped up in the apartment all day, yesterday we spent a lot of the afternoon outside in the court yard. I am sooo looking forward to moving.

#300 ·
Oh my what a fiasco sleeping was last night. Holy Moly! Dahlia wanted to just sleep with my nipple in her mouth which means I am awake. I kept trying to pop her off and she would scream. I wish I could sleep while nursing.
I finally got her off at about 2 and then Eavan started having nightmares and screaming in his sleep and then they both woke about every 20 minutes until about 4. At one point I had my hand on her back and was stretched and reaching behind me to stroke his hair.
I finally get to sleep for about 20 minutes and wake up in a panic because I hear weird barking and am so out of it I think our dog it outside. She was inside and it was the local coyote doing its weird bark for 20 minutes.

I finally got a bit of sleep this morning and everyone slept in until 9:30 which was really nice. I have to do a lot of running around today. I do get to have a haircut which is overdue and I am excited about.
: (try to use this smilie every day!)

Crab sounds soo yummy. I think I will have to check out prices here.
:

Cian is super cute in his clip and necklace but obviously all boy!

Happy Anniversary Heather!
:

Migraines ~ I have been getting them badly and they seem to be blood sugar related. I have been getting them with visual disturbances and they suck.

I am so not a vegetarian and don't have good veggie recipes, especially that kids will eat.

forestrymom ~ congrats on becoming a leader. I am one too!

May all computers be restored to their former selves with all access!!!!
:

Off to start running around!!!

Wendi

#301 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post
I was going to ask about dietary changes, too. I've had a long history w/migraines and found thru trial & error that I'd developed an allergy to msg, which is in most packagrd foods, esp broth/bouillon & soy "meats". Hope you get some relief.

Okay, LWAB~ Ru is now able to get around & it has already changed our lives considerably. It's on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.