**September 07 mamas - Its July!!** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OH Thank you Mamas!: for your help.
I looked up the symptoms for h/f/m and ds had all of them! They also match teething. My midwife friend thought it might be the one year molars. Luckily the fever was gone yesterday and after a 2 hour morning nap! he nursed and ate some solids. He slept well last night (for him) and nursed in the night. He was very cranky this morning and is already into the first hour of an AM nap. Because it may have been h/f/m I'll still call the doctor in tomorrow and see if he wants to see DS.
I do feel a little bad that I didn't call the doctor sooner. I really thought it was teething. To think I could have done something else to make DS feel better makes me very sad

As always, you ladies have been here for me. Thank you Thank you. I wish I could be more present here on the board but I'm lucky to answer emails these days. Thanks for always helping me out.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#62 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
I do feel a little bad that I didn't call the doctor sooner. I really thought it was teething. To think I could have done something else to make DS feel better makes me very sad
if i recall correctly, there's nothing they do for h-f-m anyway, aside from the benadryl/maalox concoction. and i don't think that concoction helped all that much.

Mama to three  
#63 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 02:21 PM

i've been going through boxes of clothes, taking out what jamison can wear. there's all kinds of stuff of dd1's in there that jamison can wear now. and it doesn't seem all that long ago that dd1 wore them : and i remember her being a "big kid" when she wore them : (it's summer stuff, so she would've been more like 15-18 months when she wore them) how is it possible that my little baby is ready to wear big kid clothes?!?!? :

Mama to three  
#64 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Remind me NEVER to read on message boards for doctors, more specifically for OB/GYNO, again? I am so horrified by what I saw that I could throw up right now, somebody linked to it on here from another thread. I can't believe the ignorance and cruelty they express for their patients, it is unreal.

It looks like I missed a ton, but I did read it all even if I don't get to reply to you all.

Mrsb - Cute pictures, it looks like he really enjoyed his birthday! My friend has scheduled her induction for the 10th, no medical reason, just doesn't want to be pregnant anymore, and the doctor happily obliged. This is the same doctor who induced my friend who gave birth on my birthday. He doesn't do a Bishop score, she's still 0/0 so the likelihood of her induction failing are pretty high. Just makes me sad I would say the same thing as HeatherB, I know you said something about trying for a VBAC, so maybe remind him of that and tell him to ask you again in 6 months?

Jeanine - I'm so glad you're back home!

Liam is taking a really long nap right now to make up for all the sleep he's missed in the last week. He's been waking up super early every morning on top of going to bed late so he's been sleep deprived. He's getting better at walking and I think he'll be walking really well in this coming month.

Here are some recent pictures of Liam playing in the cupboard:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/Cupboard.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Cupboard4.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Cupboard3.jpg

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#65 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM

greenmagick yeah, I initially thought trying for #2 on DS’ first birthday was a good idea too…now I can’t imagine being PG and trying to corral him all day too!

Heatherb The cake was modeled after Moose A. Moose from the Noggin channel. Marty loves him and he sings some really fun songs instead of commercials in between the programs. He also teaches counting, shapes, etc. When we have TV on, DS is drawn to Moose like a magnet so I figured it was a neat idea. The pan was really a teddy bear and I added on the nose and antlers – quite an endeavor I must say! As for TTC…yeah, I’m going to try the “not now” approach. I’ve tried that a couple times and he doesn’t buy it – I’m a really bad liar

nikkihoi Don’t feel bad about it – the symptoms are identical to teething. My DS just got over it a couple days ago and cut teeth simultaneously so you have nothing to be sad about. Now you know what you’re dealing with and sounds like you’re LO is on the mend so all is well!!

jeanine I feel your pain. DS is in a 2T and has been for about 2 weeks. I don’t know how that happened

Well today has been a challenge. We’re all home with no plans (which is actually refreshing) and no illnesses (amazing) but DS is really feeling his oats or something like that . He went over to the stairs and started to climb them. I told him no, took him away from the stairs and gave him a toy. He marched right back over, smiled at me and started up again. We do this 2 more times and then DH finally gets out of his chair (OMG stop the presses!!) and picks him up and tells him no stairs firmly and puts him down by his toys again. He marches over, smiles at me and starts up again. DH says, “fine, ok you’re going to your bed.” Takes him upstairs thinking he’ll start jumping in the crib and crying, but what does he do? Grabs his binky, his blanket, stuffed cat – head butts his pillow and goes to sleep…at 4:30 pm…oh, so helpful. Sometimes it’d be easier if he just stayed in the stupid chair!!!

Oh, and one more thing…I totally forgot to update you all on the whole mastitis issue. This just added to our h/f/m drama. I got mastitis. I called the “on call” doc to get meds. An hour goes by with no call back. I call back again and the answering service tells me that they have strict instructions that no pharmacy requests can be made. So I not-so-calmly tell her I have a throbbing infection in my breast and what would she suggest I do about it??!! So she decides to page the on call doc…gee, how nice of her. He calls back, I tell him what I need, he calls it in. My thanks for treating my body so quickly?? A giant horrible itchy yeast infection from hell . OMG I have NEVER had such a bad one in my entire life and I only took 3 doses of the antibiotics which was the equivalent of 1 day’s dose over a day and a half because I didn’t get it until the evening. I try Monistat 1…no relief. So I call my doc back on Monday, the nurse calls me in diflucan and I literally take it in the aisle at Target as soon as I filled the script. 24 hours…NO relief!?!? : I thought I would die. I call back…they want me to come in for an exam. Holy : - a pelvic exam while my hoo ha is on FIRE!!?? Yeah, it was that much fun AND my son was with me since I had no child care…that was fun too. Thankfully my doc didn’t care and let him “help” by playing with his stethoscope while he did the exam. I think I have probably scarred my son for life. Thankfully, after nearly a week of a topical script in combination with the original diflucan I am nearly itch free. Sometimes being a woman is just so much fun!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#66 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
I would say the same thing as HeatherB, I know you said something about trying for a VBAC, so maybe remind him of that and tell him to ask you again in 6 months?
I told him the other day I wanted a home birth this time IF there is a "this time" around and he freaked. I knew he would. I mean, I would love to do that, but I know it is pretty risky given my fairly recent c-section, but I kind of said if for shock value. He's so rigid and he went on and on for 30 minutes about how stupid of an idea that was. I just told him that birth isn't a medical procedure, it is the most natural process that a woman's body can do. He didn't agree (obviously) and it shut him up for a day or two. I don't like doing that because I really DO believe that home birth is awesome and I wish I had done that with DS, but sometimes it is all I can do to get him to back off. I would have never in a million billion years thought he'd be pressuring me for #2. Who knew!? I definitely will try for VBAC "IF" we ever have another baby. If Jess could do it, then I definitely could do it...she faced all the opposition in the world, plus an ER resident telling her the whole time that her uterus was going to explode She was the bravest woman I ever knew.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#67 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Mrsb - That's a pretty common reaction from what I've seen. A lot of women have said that watching BoBB (business of being born) has helped convert their husbands. There are tons of HBACer's on MDC, I think we may have a few in our DDC though I am not sure.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#68 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Hola Mamas....I hope everyone enjoyed the 4th.

Jeanine-I am so happy to hear you are home finally.

Nikkihoi- I hope DS is feeling better...how scary.

MrsB-loved the party pics...the three of you are a handsome/pretty family. Lucy absolutely : Moose A. Moose and Zee...Not to mention Oswald. Ick on the Mastitis and thank God the yeasties are at bay. I had a yeast infection for pretty much my first trimester....yuck!!

Lucy has been a climbing fool this weekend. We have a sunken living room that is carpeted. (the only part of the house that is carpeted) and it has become her playroom. Anyway she has taken to climbing the 3 stairs that lead into the living room. I keep turning her around to show her how to go down feet and booty first, but no she doesn't want to. Also, I think she is working on some teeth again because she has been very clingy/whiny and drooling today and she is so not the clingy babe.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#69 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Katie I just joined NetFlix and rented BoBB today...I am signing off and watching it on my laptop. I want DH to see it too, but I need to see it first so I can "prepare" him...ykwim? My mom is actually a VBACer despite all her vices. My brother and I were both c-section babies and then 10 years after me, 5 years after my brother, she decided she was going VBAC to have my little sister. I have no idea what made her fight for it because she doesn't seem terribly passionate about it or willing to really discuss it

SweetTexasGal Yes, Moose, Zee, Oswald, Miss Spider, Little Bill...DS loves them all. I like Miss Spider, but Little Bill is his favorite show. It isn't really on when he's up anymore though so he's grown really fond of Oobi, but I don't like the way they do "baby talk" on that show, ykwim? I speak to him like a grown up so it kind of annoys me. I cannot imagine having a yeast infection for an entire trimester... to you!

Mighty-Mama
#70 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mrsb, both DH and I were sure it was a moose (despite seeing it only from the side) - so I think you did a great job! I thought I recognized the original pan shape, too. Very creative!! I've never seen the show but we love moose around here.

I'm an HBAC x 2 mama here. But my DH was VERY supportive, from day 1. I remember him telling his dad and step-mother before we knew I was pg, or even suspected it, that with our next baby we'd have a homebirth. And within the week I had a very, super-faint positive test. I haven't watched BoBB from Netflix, but finally bought it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and watched it myself here. It really drove home to me how passionate I am about birth. I was nearly in tears both for the "good" parts and the "bad" parts. I've had it both ways and there's such an uncomprehendable difference.

When you do start thinking about it, or even if you're not considering another but just ready to look at Marty's birth, join ICAN. There is a big main group and also local groups in many areas. It can really help with processing, as well as with getting good information for possible future pregnancies and births.

And I can't imagine that yeast infection! Ack!! So glad you're feeling better now!!

Okay, dinner time! :

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#71 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 11:27 PM

Hi Ladies.

Sunshine's mama has not had a good week. She says hello to all and is trying to hang in there but life is not treating her gently.

I am reading and keeping up but am too exhausted to gather my thoughts and respond well. My three youngest all have a summer cold that seems to be turning worse. The girls asked for vomit bowls at bedtime.

Jessica, you have a very photogenic family. I am glad you are feeling better.

Heather I think your blog is turning into a great resource. Thank you for compling and organizing all this information. I have a momma I would love to share it with if you don't mind.

SweetTexasGal, I keep reading your posts and Lucy sounds adorable.

:yawning: I am off to bed asap.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#72 of 392 Old 07-06-2008, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Mrsb - That's a pretty common reaction from what I've seen. A lot of women have said that watching BoBB (business of being born) has helped convert their husbands. There are tons of HBACer's on MDC, I think we may have a few in our DDC though I am not sure.
Cian was a planned HBAC, but he ended up being another c-section

I really wasnt worried about uterine rupture, even though the timing was not "ideal". DH was also on board with it from day 1, so that helped. I was wanting a homebirth with Lilah, but it seemed to overwhelming at the time. I totally regret it now, but what can you do.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#73 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 12:42 AM

mommajb, thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. You're more than welcome to share it. I have so many ideas of things to put on it but by the time I can sit down and get it done, I usually forget them all.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#74 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 AM

BoBB is so worth watching, it definitely drove it home for me as well. Andrew and I ended up watching it when it first came out online before it arrived from Netflix in the mail and we were both crying. After watching that it just made me feel so strongly that every woman deserves to have the birth she envisions and shouldn't be limited by the fears and misconceptions of the medical community.

When I was reading on that OB message board today, someone actually posted a thread about BoBB and asked for reactions. The majority were not good, but there were a few "rogues" who posted in defense of it. It blew my mind because most of the doctors readily admitted that the procedures they pushed for had nothing to do with the patient and everything to do with what they were most comfortable with. For example, they all said that lithotomy is the only position they'll deliver a baby in because it's how they're trained and they're not comfortable or willing to do it any other way. And of course they all went on and on about how c-sections will always save them from lawsuits. How are we supposed to trust doctors and not be defensive toward them if they're so honest about not having our best interests in mind? Really makes me :

HeatherB - I checked out your blog, you're doing a great job on it! I entered the babywearing stash contest, that would be so awesome to win :

#75 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 AM

I'm wanting to organize a movie night for people to come and watch BoBB. I'd thought about doing a screening at my church, but I'm glad I got it and watched it myself, first! At least now I can give a disclaimer to anyone who may be offended by the language. It's absolutely worth seeing, regardless, though. I just need to figure out how and whom to invite... I feel like EVERY woman should see this, you know? Not that it's the only place these things are said, but it's in an accessible format now...

Katie, thanks for your kind words! I thought the stash giveaway was awesome! I hope someone I know wins.

I was browsing through my bookmarks and came across an article on introducing solids, so I made a new post about baby led solids, including the great article. Hopefully it doesn't sound as tired as I am.

I've been working on projects for this kids' stamp class I'm starting next week. I hope they'll like this mini scrapbook I've been working on! I'm not actually much of a scrapbooker, so it's a little bit of stretch for me. But the idea is for the kids to have fun and be creative with it all. Now if I can just make sure I get my things here in time, we'll all be good!

#76 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM

Heatherb I am so frustrated because I tried to watch BoBB on my laptop last night and I couldn’t download the NetFlix viewer so now I have to wait for the DVD. I’m so bummed. Stupid administrator restrictions (it’s a work computer). Thank you for all the great info – it is hopeful to know that you did it so maybe I can too, if there ever is a next time.

mommajb Oh, no…poor you AND poor sunshine. :

greenmagick

Katie That’s unbelievable : I cannot believe these people choose to be OB’s…I mean, they could be plastic surgeons or something as superficial as they are.

Well I just got back from taking DS to the ped for his 1 year checkup. I am annoyed at myself : I stood my ground on the chicken pox vaccine (since when is chicken pox life threatening??) but he got MMR and HepA as well as a TB test He did so well with the shots, but I’m annoyed at myself – he obviously doesn’t have TB so why did I let them test him? I should have just said ok to the MMR because he needs it for school and that was it. They gave me a script for blood work (not a finger prick – real blood work). When I asked the doc why he said it was a test for lead and anemia. This is AFTER he told me what a big boy I had and how he must be a good eater. Does that spell anemia to anyone?? Needless to say I am not taking him for the blood work but I will spend the better part of the week beating myself up over the rest of it. I’m so pissed at myself. I totally wimped out

As for his stats, he was 25 lbs. 3 oz. and 30 ¼ inches. He’s pretty much leveled out and it is probably because of his rapid mobility. He actually lost 2 oz. since his last visit.

So I’m going to go pout… to you all :

Mighty-Mama
#77 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM

It turned out to be a fine night. No vomitting and not too much more waking than usual so I feel pretty good about today.

I might be the lone voice of dissent on the topic BoBB. I thought it was a fine (apparently my word of the day) but not overly empowering and motivating. What is wrong with me?

Swim lessons, birthday parties, laundry, and more on the agenda for today. It really is the life of a mom.

#78 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 12:05 PM

ugh. i just came on to update and it's gone....it didn't post....

i don't have much more time right now bc there are angry craft swappers...i have been keeping the organizer abreast of what's been going on and why some things didn't go out on time and apparently she hasnt' let those who are waiting know. lisa sent pm's to them too....

and someone just left me negative feedback for a fairy swap in december and i had no idea until now that she didn't get the felt sets. ugh......

so, off to update the swappers on what's going on.

i'll try to come back later.

i miss you guys...

to all for the start of the week.
#79 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM

<----------------------------WHO did this????

I came back on for a bit bc I have the time btwn things and find this......and I cried...but happy tears for the first time in awhile.

I do feel soo loved here......

for making a little thing totally make my day.

Looks like someone went on a spree from looking at other's names here......such joy and love in our group!!!
#80 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 PM

Sunshine- hope life is treating you more kind. I agree our group is full of : and

I had my hair chopped this afternoon...5 inches GONE...yippee. I hope it helps it fall out less.

Also...where did my independent, happy and good napping child go to??? She is attached to my hip, cranky and very sleepy..(but don't you dare lay me down)

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#81 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 PM

greenmagick, you have garden envy? Here I sit envying yours. Where does that leave me?

Though I cannot resist adding that one of my romas is turning orange.....

#82 of 392 Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 PM

for all of us

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#83 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
greenmagick, you have garden envy? Here I sit envying yours. Where does that leave me?

Though I cannot resist adding that one of my romas is turning orange.....

I love it: my very first ever ddc!!!!

: on the tomato (well for DH anyway, I cant stand them) Dan and I decided to completely give up this year.....he went to one of the farmers markets last weekend and got some cherokee purple tomatoes...you wouldve thought he died and went to heaven. It is weird though, we have had so many tomatoes the last 8 years we couldnt give them away fast enough, and now none.....the year we planted the most:

Sunshine's mama -

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#84 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 07:51 AM

Good Morning All!

Well, DS is feeling better for sure. Luckily, the no eating thing only lasted one day, on the 4th.( I always have bad 4th's of July) I'm pretty convinced now that it was a virus, maybe h/f/m b/c I've been sick now mainly with a sore throat. If this is what DS had no wonder he was misreable!
He sleeping a whole lot better...even during the day. I'm hoping that we've turned a corner in this department. If so, it would be one good thing the illness brought to us.

So on to other things... What are you doing for the LO first birthday? DS is going to be one in a month!! We are going to have a little party for him here at the house. We're just going to use evite for the invitations. I think we'll look for leo or lions on plates and things since he's very much a Leo!
What are you doing about cake? DH and I agree we don't want DS to have any sugar yet but what do you give him instead? Any ideas?
What about party favors? I want to do something cool but not too expensive. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to kids birthday parties, as I haven't been to one since.... well... since I was a kid

P.S. some new photos are on the blog

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#85 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
Well, DS is feeling better for sure.

So on to other things... What are you doing for the LO first birthday? What are you doing about cake? DH and I agree we don't want DS to have any sugar yet but what do you give him instead? Any ideas?
What about party favors?
there are a few recipes for cake in the back of "what to expect the first year". there's an eggless one that uses apple juice concentrate for sweetener, and also has raisins and dates in it. there's another that uses dried apricots and apple juice concentrate - also has eggs in it. and a third for a carrot cake that uses apple juice concentrate and applesauce, it has eggs and raisins. i used the carrot cake recipe for ds's 1st birthday. we also had a bakery cake because we had a coupon. most of the grownups preferred my carrot cake (except me - i looove bakery cake
in another book i have, there's a recipe for a pumpkin cake. it uses maple syrup as a sweetener, and also contains eggs and buttermilk or yogurt.
pm me if you are interested in any of those recipes.
regarding favors - what ages will be at the party?

i'm so glad he's feeling better, and eating again.

Mama to three  
#86 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 PM

sunshine's mama~ wishing the balance in joy to you, asap! We're all here for you.

greenmagick~ like mommajb, I envy your garden... all of those raised beds!! And flowers.
Tomatoes~we have breakers but they're all still green. I'm excited about my eggplants because they're flowering, I've never had one get beyond the seedling stage.

nikkihoi~ he is so cute! love his little bald head. SO glad he's feeling better. I don't think we'll do anything other than make an apple or zucchini cake for the 4 of us.

SweetTexasGal~ aw, maybe she's about to get a tooth or reach a milestone... hope she feels better soon. I just chopped 23" and it feels so great, I won't talk about how it looks, tho.

mrsb422~ ugh. Luckily, dh is on board about not vaxing, so we hold eachother up... but we have to drive an hour to find a friendly ped. And even then, she talked us into the blood test for anemia & lead and we felt so bad. Every time I see the little bruise I feel guilty.

BoBB~ going to try & find this without paying for it, we're trying to spend nothing this month outside of necessities. (okay, my skirt co-op was grandfathered in)

That's as far as I can go on personals... love you ladies!:
#87 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM

Hi ladies, been kind of quiet over here--it feels like I've been missing for a while but it's only a week into the thread! I think Lucy's teething again so we went from finally establishing a decent routine of sleeping/nap times to two or three really horrible nights where she wouldn't settle down, was up for hours in the middle of the night, slept so lightly that she was tossing and turning all night, nursing every hour...all that fun stuff! She's still fighting falling asleep both at night and for naps, but I'm trying to find new things that help her settle down, so last night and this morning have been somewhat better.

Birthdays:She'll be 10 months tomorrow and I can't believe it! We're thinking ahead to her birthday but still not sure what we're doing. My house and yard aren't very big or very nice, so I don't think I want to do anything here (though we'd thought about a BBQ in the back yard). We're thinking about maybe just reserving a shelter/pavilion thing at a local park and bringing snacks and cake there. Before the search function went down, I'd been doing searches for various first birthday cake options. I bookmarked a couple of vegan (I think both are vegan, anyway, and I don't think either has sugar) cake recipes, if anyone wants the links. Lucy's still not a big eater so I'm not sure what the situation will be by then. She does love banana though so I'm leaning toward some kind of banana cake (or even banana bread shaped into a little cake).

LWAB:Every day, I feel like she's closer to standing up on her own without holding onto anything. She *thinks* she can do it, lol, so she'll pull up on something and then let go and act like she's not going to topple over, but she does! I got some arnica gel that seems to be helping--she's gotten more bruises in the past week than she had in the previous 9 months!

That's about it, I guess. I just finished two weeks of antibiotics for that tooth abscess, I was supposed to have the root canal and crown today and had a total breakdown over the weekend because I have such a dentist phobia. We're looking into sedation dentistry, since it looks like it'd only be an extra $200 or so, though we can't really afford to have the work done anyway. I'm starting to hate credit cards but I'm not willing to use the bulk of our savings on my stupid teeth. I'm just afraid to put it off for too long and risk another infection spreading through my face, ugh.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#88 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Hey all I am here. It is hard to keep up on the weekends. We went cherry picking this weekend and I am going to make cobbler today!

Dahlia has been a bear the past two days. She has whining and fussing and clinging and not able to be put down. I hope today is better.

I have a bunch of stuff to go do so can't do personals but know I am thinking of you all. I am sending you all ::: today!!!

Wendi
#89 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Could you please pm me some of those cherries? :

#90 of 392 Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Could you please pm me some of those cherries? :
Oh if only that worked! I LOVE this farm where we picked. I am going to try to go again this weekend and get raspberries. The cherries are 1.50 a pound if you pick. It took me 20 minutes to get 8 pounds and I could have gotten double that. I am so looking forward to eating cherry cobbler tonight.

Wendi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page