Hyland's Teething Tablets? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought some of these today, but now I am concerned that I shouldn't give them to Dd, after reading the ingredients and looking a little online.
They contain coffee (?!) and belladonna, which I only know a little about.

What are your opinions on them?
Thanks!

Trying to balance a preschooler and peace....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 01:44 AM

well, I don't know what's in them, but they WORK! Honestly, I can't say that I've looked closely at the ingredients, since they were recommended by a couple people I trust, and so I bought them on faith and have been using them ever since. I do find that ds calms down after taking 2 or 3. I don't know about belladonna, but I have only recently (in the last week) begun to drink coffee again since getting pregnant with ds and then nursing him, and he hasn't seemed to be affected by it, so I guess it's ok.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
well, I don't know what's in them, but they WORK!

Seriously, they're the best things out there! They got us through some very rough times with DS, and plan on using them again w/ the new baby if she has trouble teething.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 AM

There is so little of those ingredients in there that she could eat the whole bottle and probably not suffer any ill effects.

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)
Old 07-24-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJes View Post
There is so little of those ingredients in there that she could eat the whole bottle and probably not suffer any ill effects.
This. They're completely safe. Even the most mainstream stuff says so.

-Angela
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 AM

They're homeopathic. Homepathic pills are sugar, nothing else. Your breastmilk in a syringe would do the same job.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
From Hylands website...
Quote:
Calcarea Phosphorica 3X HPUS - supports dentition
Chamomilla 3X HPUS - for irritability
Coffea Cruda 3X HPUS - for wakefulness and diuresis
Belladonna 3X HPUS (0.0003% Alkaloids) - for redness and inflammation
In a base of Lactose (milk sugar) NF.
The Coffea you see is for restlessness, imagine having too much caffine before bed. Coffea stops it. And Belladonna can be for fevers, inflammation, an all around helper of 'llness'. It is also a calmer.

Don't be afraid of the 'names' They are great stuff, together in the teething tablets or seperate. For example, my oldest grinds his teeth at night. Belladonna stops it!

As far as homeopathic not working. I've been using it for about 3 years and completely have seen the results due to homoepathic. You can say it's all placebo, but when your baby has a 103 fever and homeopathic and nothing else brings it down I don't think the 10 month old thinks..hey this works! You have to deceide for your self!

If you are looking for other options I love these :Camilia Teething and Gentle Naturals Teething. I prefer Gentle Naturals becuase it has Cal Phos which is for painful teething. If your child doesn't seem to react at all to the teething combo, try Cal Phos single doeses. Some people don't react to combo remedies.

Good luck!!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:02 AM

we use them and love them
they absolutely help my lo and my other babes too

nak

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 AM

From what I have read, successful homeopathy generally needs to be individualized... so people either find the tablets wonderfully helpful or not at all. The ingredients in Hylands didn't seem to be exactly what my DD needed, *but* she loved the way they tasted and saught out the bottle often I ate a few of them, too.... I agree with PPs, they can't do any harm, and they might help.

Aspiring to 1 Thessalonians 4:11.Wife to Dh, 2004. Mother to DD 3/07.
So thankful for our healthy baby boy, born Easter morning, 2010!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM

They do work!! And are totally safe, I know b/c my 4 year old (at the time) ate an entire bottle....I called poison control right away and they said he would be fine, it is totally safe.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:55 PM

It works great for us and Hyland's has a Teething Gel too.
We also use NatraBio's Children's Teething Relief and it works well.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtake View Post
From Hylands website...

The Coffea you see is for restlessness, imagine having too much caffine before bed. Coffea stops it. And Belladonna can be for fevers, inflammation, an all around helper of 'llness'. It is also a calmer.

Don't be afraid of the 'names' They are great stuff, together in the teething tablets or seperate. For example, my oldest grinds his teeth at night. Belladonna stops it!

As far as homeopathic not working. I've been using it for about 3 years and completely have seen the results due to homoepathic. You can say it's all placebo, but when your baby has a 103 fever and homeopathic and nothing else brings it down I don't think the 10 month old thinks..hey this works! You have to deceide for your self!

If you are looking for other options I love these :Camilia Teething and Gentle Naturals Teething. I prefer Gentle Naturals becuase it has Cal Phos which is for painful teething. If your child doesn't seem to react at all to the teething combo, try Cal Phos single doeses. Some people don't react to combo remedies.

Good luck!!

Camilia worked wonders for us plus it has no lactose. Now we are using Humphreys (sp) very cherry teething tablets. Ds loves them.

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Another Hyland's fan here! Seriously, we couldn't manage without them. Tylenol doesn't do a thing for ds2's teeth, but the teething tablets calm him down right away. I know some people think homeopathics are just placebos, but when you're dealing with a baby, they have no idea what those things you're putting in their mouth are. They have no expectation of pain relief.

We don't like the Humphreys, though. They don't dissolve as fast.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM

For what it's worth, I personally am comfortable using them, and I am very careful about what I put in and on my body and my baby's body. They work, too!!!!! I did order an amber teething necklace online, because I've heard good things about them, but it hasn't arrived yet! I would rather have her wear the necklace if it works just as well. I definitely don't like hearing her cry in pain!!

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!

User Tag List