Forum Jump: 

#181 of 361 Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridaxsky View Post
WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

I was also thinking how fun it would be for one of my former DDC-mates to join me in my new DDC. Any takers?
Congrats!!!!! Sorry, totally wont be joining you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Hummus is pretty easy. Here is the base that I use:

What I love too is that you can use other beans to make different variations (technically not hummus, but still yummy!)

Cannelinni beans, olive oil, garllic, and fresh rosemary make one of my favorites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
[
Okay, I can't really wear Ruby anymore. Not only do I get the stress eggs in my shoulder, but my lower back/hips feel like they're clanking against each other and they're soooo sore. I tried rocking her today after walking w/her in the babyhawk.... no luck.

Definitely try a back carry.....anything else drives me crazy for long periods, and I do best with a wrap-like mei tai so I can cross in front....I just get it much tighter that way.

Well, Cian said his first word last night (besides mama, dada, and yaya (lilah) or the noises he makes for the different animals). It was "out" because he frequently hears us yelling that to the dog during meal times According to Lilah, he has a lot of other words, but she seems to be the only one that can make sense of them. Just a minute ago she came running in "mommy mommy, cian said pancake!"

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#182 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridaxsky View Post

As for us, we got some exciting news last night...

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!
CONGRATS!!! I am so jealous!! Wouldn't mind joining your DDC...I am ready, but have decided to wait a year and I so want a March or April Babe.

COngratulations Mama.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#183 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 12:42 AM

fridaxsky
:::congrats!!!!

i'm so happy for you!

toddler?.... omg, guess who took her first steps today!?!?! (not it wasn't me, smartypants)... roro totally walked 9 steps across the living room floor to get to me! trev and i were bouncing up and down with excitement. she got excited too and started clapping.

eating... we bit the bullet and gave her a taste of pork. pork is one of the things we were told to be wary of, but we don't have any allergies in our family. we eat pork probably twice a week, so it was a matter of that she didn't have meat the evenings we ate pork. well, she seemed to do fine with it (organic chicken sausage in a pork casing), and we'll just watch her poo for intestinal reactions. i think we'll introduce egg next when she turns a year (i have an egg intolerance, but it's a gastro thing), and see how she does with it.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#184 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fridaxsky: Congrats!! How exciting!! I have been having more wishes for a little girl recently, though I'm not anything like ready to join you. I saw two infants and a very pg mama at Whole Foods today... I do sometimes miss being pg! Hope all goes wonderfully!!

Leanbh, congrats on the walking! Hooray!

Katie:
I'm so sorry things are looking rockier. I hope it all gets smoothed out quickly!

Hummus: I never thought I liked hummus, but had some a few months ago at a Persian restaurant that was amazing! My 3yo loves it, too. But who has recipes for a good pita or flat bread to eat it with?

Sunshine
, how did things go at the pool today? I hope DD1 enjoyed it and didn't have any fears.

We are super-clingy-fussy baby today. Ugh. Waiting for these teeth to finally break through - one seems so close! He's not been nursing as much because if the milk isn't flowing strong, he starts biting. Thankfully when he's sleeping it's not a problem, so at least he's nursing a lot at night. Not STTN, that's for sure!

I wore him for a while and he fell asleep on my back in my Dream Carrier half-buckle (buckle-waist and wide, mei tai-like straps). It was really weightless on my shoulders, which was awesome, as they've been so bad lately (and my massage therapist hasn't been feeling well and hasn't been in the last two days I tried to go see her)... Tonight he finally passed out from sheer exhaustion, I think.

Gotta get some sleep here, too...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#185 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 AM

::Congratulations Fridaxsky!!! ::
We're planning to TTC ideally this fall too, so I won't be able to join your DDC . . . nice try though. (BTW: you don't know how much I've missed those jumpers; I used them all the time during my TTC time to celebrate all the new pregnancies)

Hummus: I agree with mommajb about cooking the beans. Its even better when you cook your own beans, but I never seem to have the ambition to do that these days.

HeatherB: I have a good pita recipe. The recipe is packed up right now, but I'll try to remember to get that to you.

LWAB: Aili is doing well. She's still very wobbly with the standing. She's the happiest baby I know. She came with me to my sister's bridal shower last week and was so content. She did keep on kicking the turntable that the pottery I was painting sat on while she was nursing, but that's my baby for ya. We still haven't figured out the birthday situation. I'm gonna get offline now and discuss it with dh again.
#186 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
As for us, we got some exciting news last night...

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!
Congratulations!!!! I wish I could be joining you, but sadly this baby factory is closed!

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#187 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 02:48 PM

: Congratulations Fridaxsky :
I will not be joining you, however. 3's enough for me.

Mama to three  
#188 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Well we have a ray of hope, if financial can take pity on us we can get an advance of Andrew's paycheck and hopefully be able to take care of everything. At this point we'd be paying over $5000 out of our own pocket for moving and housing, that just isn't possible when we just had to pay $1800 of our own rent here in addition to other bills. I hate money.

My mom ended up emailing me back after I told her not to contact me anymore. She said she was fine with my decision. It honestly doesn't surprise me that she's willing to lose her family for this, it just sucks because we've worked so hard to have the good relationship we were having and she threw it away to be with somebody who doesn't even care about her. I spoke with my brother and she lied to me when she said they knew, because he didn't. He said he's not going to have anything to do with it and he's not going to be there when things go bad, which they will, because she's a grown woman capable of making and living with her decisions. He has his own stuff to deal with so I can't say I blame him.

As for TTC, we could realistically start trying next month depending on Andrew's deployment schedule. He said he wants to be here for the birth at least so it's going to depend on that. The prospect of dealing with an almost 2 year old and a newborn on my own seems pretty terrifying to me but I think we can make it work.

Liam is walking like a pro though he has had a few run-ins with the door frame and some awful forehead bruises. He has learned how to operate light switches and is trying to figure out door knobs now that he can reach them. One molar on top has made it's way through and the others are close behind.

Are our babies really almost one? I feel like this year has past in the blink of an eye, everyone was right when they say that you have kids and the fast-forward button on life gets pressed. Everyday I think about all the new and fun things we have to look forward too with Liam and it is so bittersweet.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#189 of 361 Old 08-10-2008, 11:02 PM

:: FRIDAXSKY congratulations mama!!! ::

We totally want to TTC, however, still no period here so I guess it's not in the cards yet.

I am exhausted. Chaya is teething like crazy. Last night she woke up screaming, repeatedly, and she was on fire (102F).

Ack.. gotta go

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#190 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
trying to figure out door knobs now that he can reach them.
What!?!? Liam can reach door knobs?!?! OK, I just stood Jamison under the door knob and reached her hand up. She misses it by like 6 inches!!

Mama to three  
#191 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 12:39 AM

Oh, and I'm sorry about your mom

and the military makes you move but doesn't help?!?!

Mama to three  
#192 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 AM

I hope you feel better soon, Chaya

Mama to three  
#193 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Jeanine - I haven't measured him in a while but I know he was 31 1/2 inches during the last measuring, probably closer to 33 inches at this point. The Army hates to give money when they're supposed to but loves to hassle you when you owe them money. Normally they would help people in a situation like this but since this isn't a typical situation it's a lot more difficult to find somebody who is intelligent enough to know what's going on and get their head out of their a$$, hopefully tomorrow we'll get it sorted out. I just found out today that there's a bunch of paperwork that they were supposed to give us and it probably would have helped a lot but we never received it :

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#194 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 07:01 AM

it's nearly 5 am and I'm getting ready to get on a plane with little miss teether. Please send good travel vibes, happy ear thoughts, peaceful plane trip energy this way We're on our way to San Diego for a week.

: : :

Gracias.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#195 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 09:55 AM

Falicia-::Smooth and happy travel vibes for the whole family. Enjoy your week in San Diego.::

Katie-He can reach door knobs...Oh My. Here is hoping that the Army gets there act together for you guys in the next few days...

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#196 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 AM

: Faliciagayle for a smoothe trip!!

Just wanted to check in to say that, Yes... the back carry in the mei tei is much easier on me... thanks for taking the time to respond mommajb & greenmagick! I was able to get a little bit of yard work done yesterday w/her on my back & I feel fine.

LWAB~ Ruby has added face clawing & nose gouging to her repertoire. She startled me out of a sleep w/a rake to the face this morning. Anyone else have a babe who is repeatedly trying to hurt faces?
#197 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Funny that you ask this, beemama - Liam does this off and on, but this morning he took great joy in slapping me in the face repeatedly. I tried to redirect him by slapping hands together but he wanted nothing to do with it. He loves to stick his fingers in my eyes, nose, and mouth as well.

#198 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 04:28 PM

: : Congrats Fridaxsky!!!!! : :

Won't be joining you any time soon, I'm afraid, but I'm excited for you!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#199 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Fridaxsky's news has me wondering... How many of you are cycling and could conceive? Let's try a running tally.

no menses here 1
somewhere in between 0
yes to regular monthly cycles 0

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#200 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Congratulations Fridaxy

Not having any more babies, not cycling, not expecting!

Katie I hope your money situation gets worked out soon. I agree money sucks!

Dahlia won't be reaching any lightswitches or door handles any time soon. I weighed her the other day and she is 18lbs 1oz. So big compared to her tiny little 5 pound self when she was born.

Still not much here in the sleep department. Dahlia nursed for over 40 minutes in the middle of the night which then woke me up enough that I was awake for another hour.

I had a great LLL meeting here today. I love having mamas come here with their big pregnant bellies and freshly born babies. Eavan was a holy terror but he was put to shame by my 10yo Zaid. Apparently Zaid hit another kid over the head with a book and BIT his brother! I am in shock, still haven't really dealt with it and am super bitter. : I don't know what his problem is lately, but it sucks!

Falicia I hope you have really easy and smooth travels. :

Wendi
#201 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 07:07 PM

We have our LLL meeting tomorrow. It is always the second week of the month because if it was the first week we wouldn't necessarily know on time that it was a new month. You know, lactating moms just sit around smelling delicious baby milk breath without a thought to anything else. Wendi, I hate when my kids do that to me. They are the worst behaved when we have new mothers.

My guy still has that delicious breath despite his newfound love of food. His diapers have changed but that's okay.

So here is my weight loss news. July 1st I rejoined my health club, cut out sugar and fast food and so far I have lost over 30 lb. I have 9 more pounds that I really want to lose by his birthday (Sept 2). I am not sure it will happen but I'm trying. There was one week I didn't stick to plan because once I am off it takes a while to get back with the program. I didn't eat that much fast food because we are all vegetarian and generally try not to eat that way. Sugar, most especially chocolate, is all I need to live. I mean, at one point in highschool I wanted to lose weight. I worked at an ice ream and coffee shop so the plan that time was to only eat at work. :roflol

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#202 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Regular monthly cycles here! We're talking of conceiving at the end of this month depending on the deployment schedule. Although it isn't my desired time to conceive, the alternative would leave a big age gap between kids and that really isn't something I wanted either. I feel like I'm in much better physical shape now than when I got pregnant with Liam and I feel a lot healthier so I have that on my side at least.

The money situation is going better, there's a bunch of paperwork he was never given that had a section for money advances, he finally got that today and we should have some extra cash for everything soon.

mommajb - That is awesome! I have an addiction to chocolate also, sometimes that's all I eat during the day before dinner

#203 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM

NO cycle here.....it came back 9 months pp with Lilah, but nothing yet this time. I am assuming part of that is from tandemning

Weight loss - I really need to do something but I just dont know what. The kids pretty much wake up when (or before) I do, and go to bed leaving me just enough time for a shower. I dont know, guess I need to get past the excuse making phase

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#204 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM

regular cycles here
#205 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 10:41 PM

mommajb ~ Wow! 30lbs! That is really amazing. I lost 3lbs this month :
I really need to do something serious.

greenmagick ~ I am so with you on the excuse train. I wake up with kids, I go to sleep with kids, I can't seem to get motivated at all. I wish exercise came naturally to me but it never has.

Katie ~ glad to hear that the money situation is working out a bit better.

I can't imagine being pregnant right now (or ever) but I am so excited for all of you that are trying or already pregnant!

Wendi
#206 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 PM

mommajb I am a latex/apple person and I’ve had docs tell me no one is allergic to apples too…ugh…annoying! I will anxiously await that hummus recipe!! I don’t know who likes it more, DS or me?!

leanbh my ped says kids don’t get allergies. I think he’s referring more to the seasonal kind, but I swear docs know less and less about that kind of thing. DS wakes up with super puffy eyes, runny nose, and rubs his eyes constantly some days (the same days that I’m using allergy eye drops and Zyrtec myself)…hmm am I the only one that sees the connection?! :

maylea moon Hope the fam feels better soon!! :

sunshine DS and I have a daily argument, several times, on not going on the stairs, yet every time he gets up past the 2nd one before I notice, he beams like he’s just won a gold medal! Ugh…I’m really sick of it, but it is darned cute.!

Sabo : Thank you so much for the recipe! I can’t wait to try it!

Frida CONGRATULATIONS!!! OMG that’s so exciting. I hope you are feeling wonderful :

mommajb Thanks for the hummus pointers : I’m getting hungry!!

Katie I’m sorry mama. I don’t think outsiders really can appreciate the sacrifice of the military family. I hope you all are coping ok with all this change and unfortunate news about next year.

leanbh : congrats to the mobile Ro!! :

jeanine Enjoy the “door-knob-free-days”…I miss them dearly :

Falicia : for a safe trip mama!

beemama Ah yes, scratching, pinching the tiniest bit of skin from my face/neck/chest, clawing at my arms, pulling eyelids open, shoving fingers in my nose, ripping out the tiny little baby hairs at my temples…the nursing abuse goes on and gets rougher by the day!!

mommajb Add me to no cycle, but I’m on the mini-pill so…anyway…congrats on the weight loss. That’s awesome!!

Hi everyone : Been away from the PC all weekend thanks to stupid hand/foot/mouth AGAIN!!! And the best part…this time I have it too : I’m so :. My throat is killing me. If I didn’t know better, I’d think I had hives in my throat. This is so annoying.

Anyway, DS is largely better and decided, again, to cut 2 teeth simultaneous to this HFM outbreak. He got the 2 lateral incisors on the bottom bringing our count to 8. We also converted his crib to a day bed today and put the toddler bed guards on. It was a traumatic going to sleep, but hopefully it’ll get better with each passing day. He’s my routine guy…that’s for sure. He hates anything to change.

Went to see the Jonas Brothers with my mom, lil’ sis and her friend on Sunday. When did I get so old?? I think my ears are still ringing! If it wasn’t in NYC I wouldn’t have even been part of the excursion, but my mom can’t figure out how to navigate the city. Oh, what an experience. I’m so glad I have a son!

to you all!! :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#207 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Fridaxsky's news has me wondering... How many of you are cycling and could conceive? Let's try a running tally.

no menses here 1
somewhere in between 0
yes to regular monthly cycles 0
my cycle used to be 28 days on the button... in fact, 28th day, between 1pm and 130pm.

now, i'm on a 40ish day cycle (which i got 3 months pp when ro had a short jag of sttn).....aunt flo is visitin now, in fact, after a week of spotting. :

we plan to ttc #2 next summer.

#208 of 361 Old 08-11-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
leanbh my ped says kids don’t get allergies. I think he’s referring more to the seasonal kind, but I swear docs know less and less about that kind of thing. DS wakes up with super puffy eyes, runny nose, and rubs his eyes constantly some days (the same days that I’m using allergy eye drops and Zyrtec myself)…hmm am I the only one that sees the connection?! :

leanbh : congrats to the mobile Ro!! :
well, that's just silly. do children not have respiratory systems?

and thanks! we're very proud of our drunken sailor walking girl!

#209 of 361 Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
my cycle used to be 28 days on the button... in fact, 28th day, between 1pm and 130pm.

now, i'm on a 40ish day cycle (which i got 3 months pp when ro had a short jag of sttn).....aunt flo is visitin now, in fact, after a week of spotting. :

we plan to ttc #2 next summer.
I think we're on the same cycle together! How I wish we could TTC at the same time, that would be so cool to share due dates again. My cycles are ranging between 33-37 days lately and my LP is getting longer, this last one was 13 days, it has gained a day every month since the first PP AF. It seems like it takes a while to sort itself out and my cycles are nothing like what they were.

#210 of 361 Old 08-12-2008, 12:52 AM

Wow! A mama here is expecting! Congrats Fridaxsky! That's awesome. I remember how I felt when dd was getting to the 1 year mark and totally ready for another one. Not with this one. I am looking forward to the next year with the 2 of them before any thought of ttc. I just can't imagine going through sleeplessness again (of course he's not even sleeping now, so I'm mostly just exhausted). I love new babies, though, so it will be fun to have a pregnant mama around!

No cycles yet here. I got AF back when dd was 9 months, but no sign of her now, with 2 nursing and one of them nursing all. night. long. : He is cutting his 2 top teeth, so right now I can't even really be : at him.

mommajb--AWESOME! on the weight loss. I'm down to 187.5. That's 15 pounds from when I started less than a month ago! My joints are killing me from the exercise though. I can't wait until getting up and down off the floor is easier (that's my motivation right now ).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page