Sept 07 Mama's - Almost one year old! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 361 Old 08-13-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Problems always seem to work this way and I know once we're settled everything will go back to normal, it's only when we're really busy and trying to get things done that everything goes wrong it seems. We're leaving tomorrow morning at 5am, we should be there by Saturday afternoon and then we have houses to look at. We're stopping in Dallas and Atlanta so I'll be able to hop on here and check in, I know I'd be a lot farther behind than I am now if I didn't.

I'm : that insurance covers it.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#242 of 361 Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Problems always seem to work this way and I know once we're settled everything will go back to normal, it's only when we're really busy and trying to get things done that everything goes wrong it seems. We're leaving tomorrow morning at 5am, we should be there by Saturday afternoon and then we have houses to look at. We're stopping in Dallas and Atlanta so I'll be able to hop on here and check in, I know I'd be a lot farther behind than I am now if I didn't.

I'm : that insurance covers it.
oh you poor thing! these things all happen at once. it just works that way! but then you'll have a good streak! i just know it! good luck with the drive!!!!!!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#243 of 361 Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM

mrsb, I hope you are feeling much better and that they were able to do something for you.

lactivist, my mom does ww and always talks about how her favorite biscuit is 1/3 of her day's points.

I had the world's worst workout this morning. Some old (64) guy was following me around the gym asking me what church I attend. I see him most days and it is clearly important to him so I didn't want to upset him but I knew I had the wrong answer. On top of that I was running late and had to cut it short and know that I will miss a couple workouts this week going to help my mom out/visit. :

Katie, this sounds like a couple of rough days. I hope your move procedds smoothly and that you check in. get some rest if you can and drive safely.

LWAB I think Linus is sleeping less if that is even possible. I know he is teething and it is hot. I did my son's paper route today (which I never do) because his sub fell through. I pushed a double stroller and wore the paper bag with 70 papers. I told him I would charge him double $$. It made up a bit for my poor workout but I am not telling him that. Anyway, Linus didn't sleep that whole time nor when I took him for his 5:00 walk. I just hope he makes it to bedtime and doesn't nap at 7:30.

I finally got around to reading Sear's vaccine book in prep for his next well visit. 'Delaying' has been okay so far but I am a little worried about the talk I may get next month.

alert, ahead.
A local, young soldier died in Irag last week and his body came home yesterday. It is my friend and neighbor's nephew and we have been watching her (not quite aspergers syndrome, 7 yo) daughter some while she is with her sister. His brother died at age 26 of an anuerism (sp). I cannot imagine this mother's loss. The streets were lined yesterday morning as he returned. While I was there I learned that an elderly neighbor had died the night before. I told my children, this is minor trouble for us, taking food, babysitting, waiting in the sun, etc. Please have some repect and feeling for how the families affected feel. The truth is, it affects us all to some degree and it is upsetting to think about so much sadness. Also, instead of being grateful for all I have and being filled with love for my family I become angry with them for not being 110% happy with everything all the time given our good fortune. How wrong is that? It makes me a bear to be around. Thanks for listening if you got through this little emotional outburst.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#244 of 361 Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 PM

I'm still catching up to respond to everyone but I wanted to come by and tell everyone that...

My baby turned 1!

I still can't believe it. I look at her and just can't believe she's been here a year - weird since I can't remember her not being here. We didn't do much on the actual day (Monday). My mom took her shopping and bought her a little cake and a little piano. We took her out to lunch - the kid LOVES Bob Evans - luckily they do have a few things we can give her that are somewhat healthy. We had dinner with my parents and then we let her dig into the cake my mom got her. I wasn't too crazy about how much sugar was in it, but she did love getting to dig around in it. I figure since it's the first time in a whole year she's had something like that, it shouldn't hurt anything. Plus, she still gets giddy when she sees a bowl of fresh strawberries or steamed broccoli so there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage.

We're having her polka-dot-themed party this Sunday. Remind me NOT to do a party next year! I forget how nuts my family is when it comes to things likes this - always too much food, too many people, and too many protocols to follow. After weeks of phone calls from half of my family asking what we were doing for food and what they should bring, including daily phone calls from my mom suggesting catering locations to check out, we just decided we'll pick up some pizzas and do a pasta bar and salad. I know people are not thrilled about the limited food selection, but at this point I just don't care. DH and I have been vegetarians for almost 4 years and there is NEVER anything for us to eat at functions except a fruit salad and a veggie tray. They can all just suck it up and let us focus on enjoying our girl's very first birthday.

Okay - this has become a vent. I really just wanted to say, enjoy the next few weeks with your under-1-year-olds. It has gone WAY too fast. :

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#245 of 361 Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 AM

Not too much time as I am supposed to be packing. We are off to Atlanta tomorrow morning early.

MrsB-Oh no. I hope you are feeling better soon and what a freaky dream...had to be fever induced.

Katie-smooth driving to you. So you will be stopping in my neck of the woods (Dallas). There is a Whole Foods at ******* & Forest...right off HWY 635...if you need a spot to grab some healthy prepared foods. Safe travels.

Wendi-yeah!! A WW buddy. Isn't it amazing when you start pointing out foods....I will never look at some foods the same way again. Maybe you can help keep me honest...I have been in a slump for a month or so with all the travel. I will be back around Sept 1st and I will need to buckle down. My goal is always to just not gain while I am on the road. It is hard.

Sabo-: Your pita recipe sounds delish....now how many points does a pita have???LOL

Fridaxsky-I can't belive our babies are turning 1. Happy Birthday Ezri!! My sister just found out she is expecting #2. Her due date is April 21st and I am trying to get her to join MDC and the April 2009 DDC.

Goodnight Mamas. I am taking my laptop this time...so I will see if I have the time to hop on and say hello.

:

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#246 of 361 Old 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM

safe travels, katie and sweettexas

mrsb - i hope the doc was able to help you find relief.
what a freaky dream you had. i had one a couple weeks ago where my friend and her dh were hit by a drunk driver and killed :. bleh - i hate freaky dreams.
yes, dh mops. sometimes. probably three times since we've lived here (11 months) - don't get too jealous . he'll probably do it again soon, since his parents are coming for jamison's party.

my mom is here, and we have been spending a lot of time at the pool. the kids are having a lot of fun and are working on what they learned in swimming lessons. it's been crazy hot here (100+), so the pool is a great place to be. the county fair starts today, but i don't think i want to schlep three kids and a gramma in a wheelchair around in 100 degree weather (where's the i'm melting from too much heat smiley?) we'll probably go at night instead. so my kids will not be getting enough sleep for the next few days.

i have a LLL meeting today, which means I get to go sit all by myself in the library meeting room and wait for no one to show up. (where's the thumb-twiddling smiley?)

Mama to three  
#247 of 361 Old 08-14-2008, 03:03 PM

Yawn!! I have basically been up since 4am when Eavan had a bad dream, screamed and woke up Dahlia. I never really got back to sleep except to have a horrible dream of my dh driving us all off a bridge into water.

I had to go and drop Zaid (10yo) for a birthday thing with his friend by 9am and ended up getting a parking ticket. :

I did my first full day of WW's yesterday and actually survived. It wasn't too bad except all the realizations of how unconsciously I have been eating. I also made it to the YMCA and did a full hour of yoga. OUCH! I am going to try to go back every week to do that yoga class. The instructor was really great and Kaija went with me. :

If all of this means I will finally get under 200lbs than it will be worth it.

SweetTexas ~ I am definitely on board for being buddies. I will pm you my email addy. Let me know when you are back and want to be remotivated.

Mommajb ~ I am sorry about the sorrow and sadness around you. I understand how you can be frustrated with your kids not appreciating life enough. I feel that same way sometimes. Give yourself a big because you deserve it. Weird about the old guy workout.

Happy Birthday Ezri! I can't believe this year is already gone.

Katie ~ Safe Driving! :

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Wendi
#248 of 361 Old 08-15-2008, 10:51 AM

hiiiiii:

Settling in in England, we are renting a nice but small house with big yard, we have very friendly neighbors, playground across the street, easy access to organic foods, going to La leche league picninc on Sunday, trying to hook up with homeschoolers.
I will be back soon, when we get internet at home. I miss you!

Yann is an absolute joy and so amazing in every way. I'm eager to catch up with aall of the news about you and your babes.
#249 of 361 Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

We're here in Dallas, leaving in about an hour for Atlanta. We ended up getting here at 2am because of insane winds and rain, but no accidents thank goodness. We're hoping to get to Atlanta before midnight, Liam is doing fairly well with the trip but has his moments in the car.

I will catch up with everybody later!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#250 of 361 Old 08-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Plaid it is great to see you here! : I have definitely missed you. I am glad you are enjoying your new location.

Katie so glad you got through that part safely. I am continuing to send : for your safe travels.

It is supposed to be HOT HOT HOT here today! I think we will be staying in or going for a swim later today.

Dahlia woke up at 5:30 again. I don't know what is her problem. She doesn't seem to be in pain or teething or anything, just awake and ready to go. I hope she gets it sorted out soon. She is sleeping now and I wish I was too.

Wendi
#251 of 361 Old 08-15-2008, 11:10 PM

it's been hot here, too. we went to the pool.

tomorrow is the county fair parade in the morning. i want to go to the fair too, but if it's hot hot hot again we'll wait till evening.

jamison's getting really good at walking.

Mama to three  
#252 of 361 Old 08-15-2008, 11:55 PM

it was coooold here today! i had to break out a sweater for roro and everything!

she's just starting to learn that walking will get her places more quickly like! woo!

so, get this! roro has started, all on her own, NOT nursing to sleep. she nurses and unlatches, rolls over, fusses for about 20 seconds, and then she stares at the ceiling until she... falls. asleep. on. her. own. WHATWHAT! that's right. all on her own. sometimes, she's even in her crib (it's sidecarred). it's the most bizarre thing, but i'm not complaining!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#253 of 361 Old 08-16-2008, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Big for all the mamas with rough days, illness, etc!

I've been scarce and am suddenly realizing it. Actually feeling a bit lonely for local friends I haven't seen or talked to in nearly a week.

My FIL and his wife are here right now, staying with us, so that meant we had a lot to do to get the house ready for them. I think we did fairly well, though, and now that they're here we'll be busy with them. We thought they left Wednesday, but turns out it's Monday. So we'll be back to normal life before TOO long.

I've been getting next-to-no sleep, with waiting for Judah to fall asleep at night before I can get to the work around here that needs to be done, then being up most of the night and still having to get up. Ugh. So I ought to go to bed now, too, but have to figure out what I need to do before I go to bed...

Judah took forever to fall asleep tonight. It's driving me nuts. At least I figured out a way to hold him to get him to sleep, but I basically have to sit and wait for him to be tired enough to give it up, then hold him just right so that he will relax (he will sometimes but not always nurse down now), and stay there until he's sound asleep. I messed it up earlier and had a looong wait to get him back to sleep. :

Anyway, we're planning to go to the Art Museum and Children's Museum tomorrow, so hopefully that will be fun! I really enjoyed snuggling with Judah in a buckle tai at Whole Foods today, so I'm looking forward to more snuggle time tomorrow.

ETA: And now I'm really bummed, because as I sit here feeling a bit lonely, I see a new post on a friend's blog, with comments and pictures about the great girls' night out she and my closer friends had. Without, of course, inviting me. Not sure if it was tonight, when of course I have guests in town, or another night, when they just didn't think to invite me, or if it's because they wanted to hang out and have some adult beverages and I don't drink, or because they were scrapbooking and I don't "really" scrapbook, or if they just figured I'm too busy, because I've had way too much going on lately. While it's true that two of the three have asked me to let them know when I can get together (and I found a time to suggest to one, so far), it's quite a downer to see that THEY found a time, and didn't so much as mention it. But, I guess that's why I feel lonely, because I really don't have much in the way of friends.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#254 of 361 Old 08-16-2008, 11:34 AM

lindsay - i have no idea what you're talking about roisin falls asleep without nursing? without touching you? babies can do that?? good for you :

heather - i don't have much in the way of local friends, either. i'm sorry they didn't mention it to you, whether you could go or not. I used to have this "friend". I met her when she first moved here, our first dc's are three weeks apart. She would come over every week for a playdate and lunch. About a year later, she was having a fondue party at her house and I went over early to help her with all the food preparation. While there I noticed an invitation on her fridge for a birthday party her other friends were throwing her - y'know, the friends who *weren't* there helping her. I was *not* invited. I was so . I wanted to tell her to get her "real" friends to help her. I pretty much broke it off after that. I'd see her around, and she'd say "I feel like such a $hi#y friend" and I really wanted to say "you are", but never did. She'd promise to call . Anyway, i know how sucky it feels to not be included and i hope you get some good sleep soon.

Mama to three  
#255 of 361 Old 08-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Lindsey ~ Wow! Going to sleep alone is soo cool. Dahlia won't even stay asleep without my nipple in her mouth lately. Enjoy it!

Heather ~ Big I am sorry you are feeling lonely. You can always email me. I am often online. wendijones@comcast.net I have had my fair share of friend troubles and now just have a very few friends I can count on. I would invite you to any party if we lived nearby!

Jeanine ~ It has been so hot here. yesterday was about 105. Yikes!! That sounds like a crappy friend experience too. Too bad we don't all live close so we would all be included.

WW's is going well. I have been able to stick to it and still enjoy food without feeling deprived. : I am already starting to lose and breakthrough my serious plateau so that is great. We are going out for date night tonight and Kaija is watching all the other kids! We are going to eat out and see a movie. I am so excited.

Dahlia has been standing on her own for a few seconds here and there. Sheh is also seriously into food now and can eat almost anything. She begs us for everything we eat. I haven't introduced a few things that are potential allergens but as we approach a year I am going to be adding them in one by one. She isn't allergic to peanut butter which is good. I won't be giving her any again soon but she survived the peanut butter cracker she found. Next is yogurt. I don't think she has any allergies but I am nervous after Eavan being allergic to dairy. I got her some yo baby yogurt I am going to try today.

Dahlia and Eavan took their first big kid bath together. We had been washing her in the sink but today we got them both in the tub together. It was so cute. I will try to post some pictures later.

Enjoy the sunshine!! or whatever your weather is right now.
Wendi
#256 of 361 Old 08-16-2008, 06:12 PM

jamison loooves to be in the tub with the big kids. and if they're in without her she tries to climb in.

she loved the parade today. she was waving at people in the parade, sometimes with both hands. when music would go by she would dance. it was really cute.

my baby boy is getting his first adult tooth : we were starting to wonder. he's seven. he doesn't have his 6yo molars yet. one of his bottom teeth has been a little loose for a looong time. he still hasn't lost any teeth, but one of his adult lower central incisors has popped through behind his baby tooth. we're calling him a shark, since he has rows of teeth. he thinks it's cool. he doesn't want to lose the baby teeth though.

i just heard thunder. hopefully there will be no lightning (that's how the fires start) and lots and lots of rain that stops by 4 or 5 so we can go to the fair later. it's still hot. at least it was earlier. it's 78 in the house.

i'm off to look for a pic to post

Mama to three  
#257 of 361 Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM

Katie I’m so sorry about the whole insurance issue. That is so annoying (and expensive). I hope it works out ok.

mommajb It’s ok mama. We all have those moments. I’m sorry for your losses.

Frida on the family/party stuff…so right. It always seems like a good idea until you’re in the thick of it and then you’re like what was I thinking?!

Plaid SO nice to hear from you

leanbh Congrats to Ro (and you!) on the sleeping. That’s wonderful!

HeatherB to you mama…we miss you : You and jeanine are always invited to our parties! Right ladies?? We haven’t had any tequila around here lately!!

to all…stopping in for a moment. We are sickness city over here and I am quite frankly to overuse the word, sick of it!! : DH got coxsackie after I was just on the tail end of it…not really, my mouth is a freakin’ mess from all the sores/blisters. I can’t believe this. He is such a baby normally and has been pretty good so far, but I’m scared. If it gets even ½ as bad as mine has been, I’m heading for the hills!!! This stuff is vile and horrible and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I have been such a major B-word for the last week over this. 102 fevers, rash over my whole body, nausea, constant coughing, thousands of blisters in my mouth-throat-tongue-lips. I ate today for the first time since Wednesday…yeah, it is like that!! Oh yeah, and sorry if TMI, but then I got the runs…WTF?! : Who did I tick off and how do I fix it :????

Been thinking about Jess so much lately. IDK why all of a sudden. I mean she’s always on my mind, but suddenly it is constant. Every time I try to fall asleep, it’s her…I miss her so much. Gavin’s birthday party (the big 1) is on the 23rd…maybe she’s trying to tell me something. Jack said he doesn’t need anything, but they’d appreciate money for his savings even though that’s not nice to tell people (his words). Maybe Jess can “tell” me something Gavin needs…IDK…I’m grasping here!

So DS is just the cutest…started blowing kisses on his way up the stairs for bed tonight. He’s been an absolute angel through this whole thing. We went to Dunkin Donuts last night (they have Baskin Robbins there) and I let him have his very own vanilla soft-serve. I don’t usually do that, but he’d been cooped up for days and was so good so I decided it was ok. He gobbled it up; waved to everyone in the store. He’s getting so big so fast…I can’t believe it. I haven’t taken very many pictures lately (bad mama) so I’ve gotta’ get back on the photo horse soon! : to you all. TTYL

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#258 of 361 Old 08-17-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

We made it to North Carolina yesterday afternoon. We didn't have time to check out housing yesterday so that's the plan for tomorrow. I don't really have time for personals since I'm on the hotel's computer but I will hopefully have more time on here within the next week. I hope everyone is well, I miss you guys!

#259 of 361 Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 PM

Mrsb I sure hope you feel better soon. Sounds rough. :

Katie glad you made it safely.

I am here feeling badly about myself for various reasons and just trying to make it through.

Dahlia is starting to stand on her own more and more. She has also become very talkative in the past few days. She has started doing two different signs and I can't figure out what either of them are! : I am so frustrated.

Everyone is bugging me today. I have to go help!

Wendi
#260 of 361 Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 PM

mrsb422~ my goodness, that sounds absolutely miserable! Sending lots of wellness vibes over to your household!

lactivist~ hope things even out for you

katie~ good luck w/the hunt!!

mommajb~ i can understand your frustration and sadness in that situation.

so good to see plaid leopard stop in! look forward to seeing you around more often. :

i've been on meds for 2+ weeks now & i do feel different, better.
we made a hard decision, we've decided to send lily to public school which was an agonizing process... but now that we've met her teacher & seen the facility we are all very excited about this year. she's in a very small class and her teacher is AWESOME. lily needs lots of stimulation and wants to be around kids all the time, and quite frankly, in this town that's not likely to happen if i'm arranging playdates.
like heatherb & jeaninevp, I'm just not making many friends in my location. i'm usually okay with it, but when it comes to socialization for my littles, we're falling short of the ideal & homeschooling doesn't seem to be in the cards at this point in time. i always thought i would keep her at home but i just haven't had it in me. i can see that if dh & i ever do start a biz, we could do it together & hopefully our shop would bring in other like-minded families but for now, public school it is.

ruby is really enjoying this big plastic tube my friend handed down to us, she likes to crawl through it & she's also been into playing ball. she's babbling a LOT, nothing we understand except "yeah", i *think*, anyway. she's trying to get me to pick her up, lily is trying to get my attention...but i'm zoning in here to post.... better go.
#261 of 361 Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 PM

Kelly ~ I can relate. I always thought I would homeschool all my kids but doesn't work for Eavan and I to be together all the time. I am glad you are feeling better and that you like her teacher so much. It makes all the difference.

I am in such a funk. I should even be posting. I will be around tomorrow.
Wendi
#262 of 361 Old 08-17-2008, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

I've got a little bit of time tonight after getting Liam to bed. The only place to use wireless is in the hotel's lobby which is in another building so I have to come over here to do it. It has been rainy here today and the humidity is a big change from Arizona, I can already tell that my blood is starting to change because of the altitude change. Andrew has been getting on my nerves big time lately and hasn't been helpful at all, he gets so self-absorbed sometimes and acts really childish. He's upset that he has to keep the TV down while Liam sleeps because he's in the same room. Welcome to my life, pal!

I'm sorry a few of us seem to be in a funk lately, I hope we're able to get out of it. I already feel really out of place here and it is so different from any place or post we've ever been. The driving is really confusing because of how everything is set up and it's going to take some time to figure it all out. I'm already so glad that we're not living on post because it would be so drama filled and just like high school.

I've got some house searching to do online but I just wanted to check in with everybody. Many

#263 of 361 Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM

I am in Atlanta &so ready to just be home...we get home on Wednesday & then leave on Saturday for Las Vegas for another week of work..ugh!! I too feel the funk.

Wendi-I am so not staying within my points...I have been yo-yoing for the last 6 weeks. So frustrating!!

Katie-glad you all made it safely-sorry Andrew doesn't understand the whole TV/child sleeping thing. My mom is the same way in the hotel room. She finally this trip is hitting the mute and reading the closed captions.

Miss Lucy is acting like such a big girl. I miss my baby. I am not ready for the big 1 year old.

Hugs to all!!

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#264 of 361 Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 PM

Katie ~ I hope you get settled quickly and find it to be a bit more suited for you. I think men react to stress differently and I find it usually involved them being a total jerk. for you! Hang in there.

SweetTexas ~ I stayed within my points and only lost .5 pounds. I pm'ed you.

Dahlia is starting to act like a big girl too. She is "talking" so much and doing signs and acting like such a toddler. She is going to be walking soonish and I can't believe it. <sniff, sniff> My baby is growing up! :

Wendi
#265 of 361 Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM

Hi ladies.

As soon as I get my house clean I will invite you all over for a giant come as you are, bring your favorite dessert, pizza topping and sleeping bag party. Nobody hold your breath on that clean house thing.

Heather, Friends...hmmmm I do okay with acquaintances but friends are much harder to come by. I wish dh was enough for me. I seem to realize hw important people are to me after one of us moves away. Locally, it is hard to find a true pal.

I'd bore you all with more details but my life is just in a phase of not too bad, life goes on, tomorrow is another day, it must be time to do dishes and laundry. No real updates or changes on the little guy.

Lactivist, I hope your funk clears
Katie, I hope you come to enjoy NC - mountains, beaches, awesome universities, a diversity of people
beemama, we too have been struggling with school. We are homeschooling this year but are never sure it is the right choice for our oldest daughter (or me)
Jessica, I hope you are surrounded by good health soon
SweetTexasGirl, enjoy home while you are there
Jeanine, shark teeth we call them that here also
Plaid, good to see you here I am impressed that you remember your password
leanbh, roro sounds adorable, I enjoy the updates on everyone's babies' progress

#266 of 361 Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I'd bore you all with more details but my life is just in a phase of not too bad, life goes on, tomorrow is another day, it must be time to do dishes and laundry. No real updates or changes on the little guy.
that's me, too, for the most part. although we finally got our piano out of storage : it's been there for 2.5 years. dh also brought a truckload of boxes from storage, so we've got boxes all over once again . it will be nice to get that unit cleaned out so we're not paying for it, but i don't know where all the crap's gonna go.

Mama to three  
#267 of 361 Old 08-19-2008, 03:11 PM

Hi ladies. I'm going for a haircut tomorrow, the first one I've had since Oct (I wasn't happy with it, so it soured me on the whole experience, hence the very long elapsed time). I have very curly hair and many stylist mess it up, so please keep your fingers crossed. I want to look pretty at my sister's wedding, not like a frizz-ball.

LWAB: Aili had a cold this weekend and was running a little fever. She wasn't acting like she felt particularly sick, but she would get very whiney from time to time; that's not like her. I think she is still feeling a little out of sorts, poor girl. In : news, last night, she took 3 (maybe 4ish) steps on her own!! I couldn't even speak. Also, over the past couple of days, she has started to try to say a new word. Every time I take her for a diaper change, I hand her a stuffed animal that my grandfather gave me when I was a baby to distract her. As I hand it to her, I say, "Koala!" This weekend, she tried to mimic me, but it sounded more like "kch-wah-wah." That's still pretty close.

Others of you have said the same thing, but it seems like she's developing so fast recently. She tries to read "Green Eggs and Ham" by herself now. It involves her turning the pages while shouting at the book (to be fair, that character in the book does do a lot of shouting . . . I would not, could not on a boat. I will not, will not with a goat). I know that I should embrace it and most of the time I do, but she's still my little baby.

Weird Dream: I dreamed that I was pregnant last night and as an actual part of my dream I thought, "Well, this will make Fridaxsky happy. She wanted someone to join her in the April DDC." MDC has invaded my dreams!
#268 of 361 Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Thank you all for you funk free vibes! They worked. I am feeling much better today. I think hanging out with my two local girlfriends in the past two days helped a lot.

Sabo : Wow! Walking! It is just amazing each and every time one of you posts about your little one walking. What an exciting achievement. Dahlia is working much more on signs and talking right now. She does a few signs, nursing, sling, and she made up a sign for "I want". She is also try to repeat lots of things we say. She is clearly saying WAA for water and she said Dog while petting our pooch. It is fun watching her grow and change. It is just as exciting as with my first.
Wendi
#269 of 361 Old 08-20-2008, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

We found a house today! Andrew and I were able to compromise with price and I was still able to get the house I wanted with a giant backyard for Liam to play in and privacy. We traded price for distance and it's a 25 minute drive for him every morning but still not bad. We're moving in tomorrow morning and decided to rent some furniture until our stuff arrives and I'm able to order everything else. I think I will enjoy it here but it's going to take some getting used to, especially the roads.

Congrats, Sabo, on walking! How exciting!

Mommajb - I will be there!

I uploaded a few pictures, I realized I haven't posted any in forever.

Sleeping during the drive
Playing outside
Playing in the dirt
Muddy bum
Silly grin
My favorite
The house

#270 of 361 Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 AM

Katie, the house looks great I hope you make a happy life there.

The public schools are back in session today. I feel a bit giddy like living in a college town when all the students left town in the spring. I can get back to my own little routines without neighbor kids around all the time. The rest of our fall routine has been in place and now this.

On a down note, I forgot to pick up my csa box yesterday and in the height of the season. I am still upset with myself. :

LWAB, Linus is really cruising. He likes to hold onto my legs as I walk around the house. It slows me down but I love those slobbery kisses on the back of my calves.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page