They're half a year old! Feb 08 babies, August thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So hard for me to believe! The littlest man is six months old. :

I thought I'd start a new thread because I'm leaving today and I figured if I didn't... I wouldn't be subscribed to it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#2 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks Rynna for starting the new thread
#3 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM

I can't believe our babies are getting so grown up!!!

Our move went really well, we're still unpacking so everything is chaos. Robin is smiling and laughing for you all!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#4 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 09:38 AM

So glad the move went well, smokeylo!

Heather/BabyBump: Gorgeous postcard!! I love the flower design!

Ooo...baby calling, I'll be back later!
#5 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM

LOL...Lucy isn't even 5 mos til tomorrow....

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#6 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 PM

I haven't been keeping up-to-date with these threads, there's just so many moms, I can't keep track!

But Ocean will be 6 months on the 8th. It's bittersweet because they grow up much too fast (esp. that first year), but I think the time between 6-8 months is my absolute favorite age

We've been letting Ocean have a sippy cup of water once/ day (this is very exciting to her), she's also nibbled on some broccoli & bananas here & there. Oh, and a bean from the garden. Still no teeth, although she seems to be teething. We use Hyland's teething tablets for desperate moments. I also want to get one of those french mushrooms (made by Vulli)~ you know- BPA-free, lead-free, phthalate-free, china-free, etc.! Plus I just cannot resist an over-priced french mushroom! I think I may also get one of those mesh feeders (does anyone have those?) for frozen blueberries, watermelons, etc.

Here's my blog if anyone is bored:
www.sunkist33.blogspot.com

We're leaving for the beach tomorrow for 2 weeks! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!!
Stacy
#7 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Happy August everyone!

Alex will be 6 months old on the 8th too

We have had a fun day so far. He said his first 'word' in context today: 'Boo' while we were playing peekaboo in bed. He had the sheet over part of his face and then moved it away and said Boo! Then he said Wow, right after. He has said words before (good, goof, Da, Mommy - although he says that a lot when he's upset so maybe that's in context) but not in context so I was excited

Then we put together his high chair and he tried a sippy cup with a little breastmilk for the first time and really had fun! I've been offering him a tiny bit of Earth's Best apple in the mornings for the past few days since he's been exhibiting all the signs of being ready for solids except losing the tongue thrust. And this morning I think that thrust was almost all gone. Bittersweet moment! I can't believe he is almost 6 months already! It will be fun to sit him with us at dinner and be able to let him play with a sippy cup and a little food.

Cynthia

Wife to Matt. Mom to Alex (2/8/08). Expecting our second (2/6/12).

#8 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 PM

Yeah, a new thread...I swear I'm gonna keep up with this one!!!

Ella will be 6 months on the 11th. She is just EVERYWHERE I can't seem to get her to be still for a moment! But she is the happiest, easiest kid ever. Just willing to do whatever, whenever. Well, except for sleep, she hates the thought of missing out on life! :
#9 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Here. River is six months old, hitting milestones way too soon (crawling, moving to a sitting position from his tummy, sleeping independently, a few words, playing with solids, etc. etc. etc.) I drowned my digital camera, my neighbour is being a jackass again and life is getting me down.

Oh, and we're testing some toys for Mother and Baby magazine, and they're horrible. Battery-powered plastic crap.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#10 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 PM

LOL Ember is almost the oldest one here; she sits up, but there is still no sign of words, rolling over or crawling.
Believe it or not... I am happy about that.

I do my first shift at the Breastfeeding Cafe' today. I'm stoked. Happy World Breastfeeding Week everybody! :

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#11 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 03:21 PM

Hello all! I love these fresh starts. Can we do them twice a month?

True Blue, if I hadn't taken Castor Oil, I'm sure I'd be saying the same as you!

Well as Senara just turned 5 months, she's 6 just yet - wait until the 27th. But she has grown out of her small/infant sized diapers and we're branching into the medium/premium size. Sheesh. I only have one medium (wool) cover, but I've got my pocket diapers, and I'm pretty sure we can still pop her in the s thirsties. She's about 16.5 lbs I think.

She's able to roll/creep around the room a good bit. She desperately wants to try different tastes. Apparently she enjoys watermelon... Mr Toona has been letting her suck on pieces of it (without telling me until I got home): I'm a bit miffed about that because I wanted to wait until we were at least all together, but I know how demanding she is. She did look kind of like this last week when I didn't give her water: : Considering everyone's been on me to feed this kid some "real food" I suppose I shouldn't get too mad over watermelon, nor too mad that it's her first real food (excepting the grass that she got in her mouth from being on the living room floor).. I've not noticed any reaction to it yet, so I hope that's good news.

We went for a walk (I put her in the stroller on account of the heat), and met with a neighbor who's little puppy kept licking her foot and barking. For some reason she thought that was the funniest thing ever, she kept cracking up! I was worried that the pup would clamp down on her foot, but never did. She still just says her characteristic AH! when she wants to eat, but that's about it for now.

Can someone tell me about tongue thrust. I've read some, but not sure I get it. Specifically how to look for it and see if it's still there.

And I know this post is not indicative of it, but I promise not to go on and on about myself this month.

oh! DSD-17's baby is one month and 10 lbs - all from breastfeeding! I'm so proud.

signature currently in transition
#12 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Helen.

I'm stuck here until Bear's shipment of Neocate arrives. It's quite depressing, but Bear's widdle tummykins must come before mama's good time. Meh.

In the meantime, I guess I'll finish sorting the books for school. The kids are way too excited about it.

One of these days, I'm going to get myself a corset. A nice one, made to fit me and my big old boobs. I like the tight snuggly feeling of them, but I've never had one that fit absolutely perfectly. Once upon a time I thought I'd make one for myself... but that is intricate work, and I have small children who love to destroy such things. I'd never be able to leave it alone. :

#13 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Teeny-- the tongue thust reflex is what keeps babies from getting food into their mouths and swallowing. When something is placed on the baby's tongue, it will arch against the roof of the mouth and thrust forward, pushing the little thing back out. Long skinny things can get past it, which is why you should still consider things like baby carrots choking hazards for little poeple.

Fastest, safest way to test for it? Give Nara a Cheerio, or put it into her mouth for her. If it comes back out, she's still got the reflex.

#14 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Teeny -- our DD's must have completely different builds LOL. She is about 16.5lbs too, but wearing mediums. She outgrew the infant prefolds long ago....they were just too hard to snappi around her waist LOL. She is a big baby...I think I measured her out at about 27in. She's definitely my chubbiest of the 3!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#15 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Dea

arg!! My looonnng post was just eaten!
Grrr.
Anyhow yay new thread. I like the idea of 2 a month, it's easier to keep up I think .
Oh I had a long post now I don't want to retype it!
I'll summarize.
Trixie's cute, I love her so much!
My uterus has abnormal scarring and I have no idea if it will make me even more infertile, thoughts?
A friend of a friend made underhanded remarks about some of my more AP choices with Trixie and I argued with her and feel like as ass for it. (not getting an epidural, co-sleeping and baby wearing)
I love all of my post cards!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#16 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Dea

Oh and Trixie is still in her infant prefolds. I think I have a small baby. She's about 14 lbs now, I do have the next size up and they seem so big on her!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#17 of 302 Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 PM

Hi ladies! I tried to keep up last time.. but lost it after my vacation and I missed a week...

Harrison is 5 months old (won't be 6 months until the 20th). He is smiling, laughing, screeching, rolling over, loving watching his big brother!

Today we went to see Thomas the Tank Engine, which was fun DS1 loved it (I put pics in my facebook)

I am tired now... time for bed!

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#18 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 01:07 AM

Happy August! Just subbing for now.
#19 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 01:31 AM

hiya mamas!! :

i know i never, ever keep up with these threads, but i saw this one and wanted to say hi!

bea will be 6 mos on the 25th. she rolls all over and scoots backward and sideways. not eating any solids yet, but is obsessed with cups and participating at meal times. we're headed to ikea tomorrow to get her highchair so she can have her own place at the table. can't eat with her in my lap anymore because she's faster than i can get my spoon to my mouth! :

my little one is not so little. she's almost 20lbs and has been in mediums for a while. she has the most amazing thighs!! she has several little shortie style onesies that don't fit around her thighs. i can only snap the two middle snaps. i just realized last week that she has to graduate from her infant car seat to the "big girl" seat. her chicco seat only goes to 22lbs so we've gotta get the britax marathon in before the end of the month!

there are lots of pics in my blog (linked to my name in my sig)!

love to you all!!

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#20 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 AM

oh, so fun to see all the old "faces" and get the updates! i never have time for the computer anymore.

my "little" z is nearly 6 months.. and about 18+ pounds.. not sure if these one size bum genius diapers are going to fit until 35lbs as advertised. perhaps the chubby thighs will slim down once she starts moving and they'll keep fitting... so far, no sign of that! she does a little rolling, and some half-hearted sitting up.. but is really quite happy to relax on the bed and let me & DH carry her around everywhere. She's focusing all her energy on "talking" .. chatty cathy!

no solid food yet.. she isn't grabbing for it and seems to be doing quite well on EBF. i'm going to try and hold off until after we are done traveling for the year .. another 6 weeks.

we have one tooth and more on the way.. thank goodness for those hyland's teething drops! otherwise she's such a happy little thing.
her favorite thing is our pup.. only thing that makes her giggle it's the best sound.

ooh, and i resigned! loved my job but just couldn't go back. time to enjoy being broke we're filling our days making new friends in the neighborhood, and practicing a little EC. She thinks sitting on the potty is a riot. .. kicks away at it and grins.

okay, i'm going to go look at some of these blogs you guys have!
#21 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM

another thing.... i was looking through the last thread (but couldn't quite manage all 24 pages) and saw there was a discussion on Veganism... ugh. MORAL DILEMMA! I really, really wanted to be Vegan after I watched Earthlings last month. And DH too. I've been Vegetarian (with occasional seafood vacations) for the past 10 years so I didn't think it would be a big stretch. .. bought the cookbooks, read the websites, studied the nutrition.. but boy is it hard, and it's kind of sucking the fun out of shopping, cooking, and eating. And while I'm still breastfeeding a million times a day, I need twice the regular iron. I don't think I'm getting it because I've been getting dizzy now and again.
And I'm worried about how much soy I've been eating.. tofu, tempeh, soy milk, earth balance, faux meats... my stomach hasn't been superhappy.
Anyway. Just had to vent. I hate the meat/dairy industries and I wish I could completely avoid them. I guess it's back to the super-expensive local, organic, free-range, vegetarian-feed, blahdeeblah eggs. Maybe I should go buy a hen for the condo back yard. ha.
#22 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 04:17 PM

I haven't perticipated in one of these threads yet- just saw them last month... but I was in the DDC at the end

Jahmari was 15lbs 10oz at his 4 month check-up. He just made 5 months and we are done with the well baby checks as we decided not to vax and they are just too harassing here about the vax...

Jahmari is big into the rolling and pivoting on his chubby belly.

GreenRose- how about beans and lentils(I love lentil cooked with water and coconut milk yum!) and your greens- you can get lots of iron from your greens- and beets- do you like beets?- and blackstrap molasses- I can't tolerate all the processed vegan stuff either- we even stopped with the soy milk- but I really love my tofu. If you need ideas I would be happy to give you an idea of what we eat weekly- just PM me.

Jahmari is still ebf and gets sips of water occasionally when I am drinking water.

Good to see you all and can't wait to hear what your LO's are doing- it's like looking into the future to see what Jahmari's is going to do next- thanks for the previews!!!
#23 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM

GreenRose, it is possible to be a healthy dairy-free vegetarian without eating processed soy crap I'd concentrate on getting fat, nuts and seeds, sea vegetables and leafy greens into your diet, and then think about taking stuff out. That said, there's a reason why I'm a meat-eater (and yes, it's free range, eggs are organic and f-r)
Can someone go take a look at my new blog please? I'm aiming for the equivalent of Homebirth UK for breastfeeding, trying to correlate as many stories in one place as possible. Contributions very welcome
I just discovered my day of hell was less bad than I thought: my camera is working again, thanks to my lovely husband drying it out. It's small stuff, but it made me happy.
Is River the only one in large nappies? We got Skye a large pocket nappy multipack, and they all fit him He's wearing thirsties medium wraps, though, as he's starting to slim off a bit now.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#24 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 07:30 PM

Kaia will be 6 months on the 8th, and boy is she starting to seem like a real peanut compared to the rest of the babies! She's 13 lbs ish at this point. I have to keep reminding myself over and over and over that she has a small mama who has also always been small and it's okay, and squash fears. She's totally filled out and everything, very active, great on milestones, etc... I think I just had this rant not long ago : Why is it so hard to know that she's fine? Does anyone else have a *little* LO?

On the veganism, I'd be interested to find out which book you got, GreenRose! I am not into all the processed vegan crap either, or too much soy, but I am very very happy with our cookbooks and our food. It was kind of funny to read what you said about it sapping all the fun out of shopping, cooking, etc. because it was the total opposite for us I cam PM you with some book or recipe ideas if you want, or what kind of day-to-day food we eat. Also, we use rice milk instead of soy, but you have to make sure it is actually made with rice and not rice syrup I'm with RasJi7 on the veggies, beans, and coconut milk, yum! I am a HUGE fan of a little kale steamed with some bragg's or soy sauce on!

Also, someone said something about the B vitamin tablets. I had also been told when I became vegan that there was one thing that you need and can't get on a vegan diet - B 12, and took B-12 tablets for awhile, which I actually thought tastes kind of neat and were fun and made my teeth red. However, it turns out that it is totally untrue. There are *so many things* you can get your Bs from in a vegan diet. WTH? One serving alone of rice milk has 50% of your daily need, not to mention breads, tofu, and so on. I don't get it.

As far as vitamins, someone brought up, I'm not big on taking vitamins, either, but I don't really find it hard to get them from my food, which I personally think is the best way to get them anyway. I have been taking pre-natals though since getting pregnant, as a kind of insurance I guess.

flapjack - glad things took a turn for the better

eilonwy - sorry you're cooped up

teeny - I'm sorry you missed out on the first food experience I would be mega-bummed, too.

Dea - on the scarring Here's hoping it does not add to your difficulties. I think I forgot to tell you, maybe a week ago or so I had a dream that you were pregnant. I meant to tell you. There was more to it but I totally forget it now. grr

mommy2abigail your DD sounds like mine!

cwoodard grats on the words! so much fun

baby_bump got the post card! thank you!

salt_phoenix Okay, you've got me finally looking up my local LLL, maybe WBW will have some events that will be an easier in for me. I know I jabber a whole lot on-line but really I am very shy Almost cripplingly sometimes I wish I wasn't.

So much fun you see all the people who haven't been able to keep up and hear about their LOs. I'm sorry if I missed anyone to all!

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#25 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Dea

HI Mamas! We're on page 2 already and it's only August 2nd!
So since I've been actively losing my baby weight I've found that I've started eating a predominatly vegan diet, totally by accident! Mostly it's cause DH eats at work (we <3 Google) and I can't be bothered to cook anything for myself so I just have a salad. I read somewhere that vegetables supply you with minerals and fruit for vitamins, so I've been making an effort to really increase my fruit intake. I haven't been taking any supplements and I feel really good! I've recently had my blood checked and I don't appear to be deficient. It's kinda interesting to see in practice that you can get what you need from fruits and veg (avoiding processed stuff).

I can't find who was asking about other small babies, Trixie is only 14 lbs and still in 0-3 clothes. She can wear 3-6 but they're big, but her cloth bum fills them out!

Juiseha ha that's funny! Perhaps it's a good omen for me! DH and I were talking about it last night about timing and such... hopefully it will work out the way we'd like!

Flapjack
I'll read your new blog asap! I was thinking about starting another one myself about pregnancy and birth from my POV. It's just so shocking to me that people are so trusting of their doctors and don't question anything. Not that you should distrust your doctor, but you should learn about different options you have and such. It also boggles me that women will opt for a drug laden birth after spending their whole pregnancy avoiding feta cheese. I don't understand these dichotomies.... But I am so far left of centre that I am sure I boggle a lot of other people's minds!

#26 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 09:47 PM

hi everyone!!

i got stuck on page 18 last month and i just couldn't recover from my vacation at lake tahoe.

so, here goes:

linnaea will be 6 months tomorrow. i'm counting by weeks and not the actual date. i can't believe she's gotten so grown up, she says mama, lazlo (wawo), and mub. i haven't figured out what mub is but it's really cute.

she has started doing this teepee thing on her toes and hands and then moving a little forward. she can also roll over to one side and manipulate her toys. she's really mobile going around in circles

i've given her some avocado (not a hit) and some watermelon. she loved the watermelon and it was a big chunk and she was just sucking the juice out, and it didn't seem to affect her poo. what she really loves is some of my tea in the morning. she'll stick her tongue into the cup or take small sips. and if it's too hot she'll screams until i get her a little bit with ice. i don't do caffeine so it's all herbal, chamomile and such.

i quit my job at the school and i'm down to my last $60 in my bank account. we're gearing up for a move to oregon in november so every penny counts, bummer for my co-ops.

i just ate my first zucchini from the garden (super YUM!) and discovered that all the squash seeds i saved and planted were from decorative gourds, not the butternut squash i'd hoped for, so i hav3 tons of mini pumpkins and winged gourds (like four bushes worth) and only two acorn squash, but it's still neat to have a garden again.

i'm bummed i missed out on the vegan discussion. recap anyone? i'm a vegetarian (it's been about 13 years) i've tried vegan for a bit (veganomicon is my new favourite cookbook) and i've tried raw. i have occasionally eaten meat, most recently when i had horrible morning sickness and i couldn't eat anything, i started craving meat, it's funny but now it grosses me out even more than before.

burning man is really getting started around here. we just had the golden spike ceremony, which is where they pound in the spike where the man will stand and then the city gets surveyed from that point.

it's a really special event because the only folks that are out here are dpw (the folks that actually build the infrastructure for the city) and there's lots of us that have been here year after year. there are probably 50 people? and we are right where the man is going to be and there is nothing out there but us, and in 3 weeks there will be 45,000 people!

it's always a touching event but this year, we have a new baby and there is another couple that has twins, they've been coming out for even longer than my mate and i. it's neat to see the next generation. plus, volunteering for dpw is how my mate and i met so it's just really special.

boy!! look how much i have to say when i stop posting for a week

i love you guys!! i have about 7 postcards that are done, i'm making them with lazlo as an art project, and i'll be sending them out as soon as i get postcard stamps and a picture of linnaea and i to stick on there.

eh. who needs a signature?
#27 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Just posting a quick reply and subbing. I haven't been participating in these threads because I haven't found enough time at the computer to do the multiple quote thing & respond to everyone adequately, and I feel guilty when everyone else is doing that if I just pop in and saying "Wow, hi, so nice to hear about everyone, OH MY GOSH I LOVE MIA SO MUCH, hope everyone's doing well."

I was just thinking the other day how much I miss our DDC. I like keeping up with people by reading the Feb threads, but I really miss just having a DDC where all these people that have shared the same journey can chat. LWAB is a nice board, but I miss "knowing" people in the same way. I'm sure if I spent more time I'd "know" people on LWAB, but it's just not the same.

Anyway, Mia will be 5 months old on August 5...she was a late one She's doing the tenting thing on hands & feet, rolling around, practically throwing herself out of my arms to touch EVERYTHING (she overturned a bowl of peas the other night which was hysterically funny but I have to remember not to laugh too hard at stuff like that...), and she's just wildly curious about everything. She's a marvelous, amazing little person.

And have I mentioned, wow, hi, so nice to hear about everyone, OH MY GOSH I LOVE MIA SO MUCH, hope everyone's doing well?

I'll look forward to reading more about your little ones in the daily email, even if I'm not posting...I really like hearing how people are doing. :

(OH! And by the way, I was thinking about starting a thread on LWAB just for Feb 2008 moms to share pics of their LOs...because I would LOVE to see pics of all our Feb(/Mar) babies. I know people sometimes post links in the long thread, but I thought it might be nice to have a dedicated photo thread, so we can just ooh and ahh without having to write a lot. Would anyone else be into that? If so, I will start one, or someone else can of course!)
#28 of 302 Old 08-02-2008, 10:32 PM

I am so excited I just had to tell all you mamas-

DD went peepee in the potty three times today! Oh my goodness! I wanted to take a photo!

I must go blog about this.

For the mama who asked about mesh teethers- we use them with ice and they are fantastic for teething. DD loves to get her gums and now teeth on them. I'm sure when the time comes, we'll put fruit and other foods in it. For now we are trying to keep to breast milk only. It's hard when everyone else wants to try her on solids.

Happy August, mamas!

Mj
#29 of 302 Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM

Hello Everyone.. I am a new mommy here to this thread. My son Wesley just turned 6 months old on the 29th. He is a happy baby!

He is learning that he can move around by rolling and pulling (not fully crawling, but close).

He is EBF, and we just started some solids this week. Went ok! He didnt really like the ceral, so I might skip it and go to a veggie first!

He co-sleeps with me, daddy and big sister Aurora who is almost 3 years old!

Question... when some of you mama's say your child is using "WORDS" what do you mean? Do you actually mean your baby is SPEAKING ACTUAL WORDS? Or sounds?????? I didnt know babies talk that early! Crazy! My daughter didnt actually say a FIRST word that others could understand until she was over 1!!!!! I know every baby is different, just didnt think they talked that young!

I am so curious to know what other 6 month olds are doing. Even though I have been through it once with my daughter, you kind of forget!

What foods are they trying? And also, have your little ones been sick yet?
#30 of 302 Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Baby X turned 6 months end of July. Ever since his surgery to help with his hydronephrosis at 4 months, he hasn't really been sleeping through the night, and wakes me up at 3am for a snack. I feel he hasn't really forgiven me for handing him over to the nurse for the surgery...

X is still EBF for the most part, but likes to sit at the table with everyone during meals to bang a spoon while proclaiming some incomprehensible diatribe loudly, or to mouth on a piece of fruit/rice/bread. Whatever he swallows invariably makes it into his nappy pretty much intact hours later...

No crawling here, just commando stuff and rolling around.

It's fun to hear everyone's updates!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page