Sept 07 Mamas ~ We Made it a Year!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually get to start the new thread! Hooray for getting up early.

Wendi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 01:23 PM

Thanks Wendi! I wasn't sure if it needed to stay in LWAB or move to Toddlers, and after the recent threats, I was afraid to start it!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

My baby is NOT a toddler so it was easy for me.

Wendi
Old 09-01-2008, 02:09 PM

Happy September! Do you remember one year ago or is it all a foggy haze?

Jeanine, I hope that however you pass the time you enjoy your visit with your mom and endure the visit with your in-laws.

I got up early and went to workout only to find the fitness center closed. I came home, did AM yoga (a couple of times by the time I figured out the DVD and took a long, fast walk with both littles in the stroller.

Linus is also not toddling though I am noticing that fewer and fewer of the threads in LWAB are directly relevant to us.

Katie, don't test too soon! I show a positive later than I should so those early negs are frustrating to me.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

I am wistful this September morning. My LAST baby is going to be a year and a toddler and I won't ever have a baby again!

It doesn't help that I basically put back on all my weight over the weekend. I really can't hang out with my dh. It is bad for my weight loss goals. I did a lot of exercise over the weekend too and it just didn't help.

I am up early AGAIN and every helpful is still sleeping. Aww my baby just gave me the sweetest look. I love her curls in the back of her hair. I just want to cry this morning.

I LOVE the wii fit. It is just fun, fun, fun! I am excited about exercising for the first time EVER!

I printed out the couch to 5k instructions and am going to try to get started on that. I doubt if I will be running 3 miles in 2 months but if I could run 3 miles ever I would be happy.

I am not letting this little set back get me down. I just have to move my a$$ a bit more.

No coin yet here! I keep calling Dahlia coiny. We figure if it doesn't come after her my sister leaves on Monday that we will take her for an x-ray. I really need to deal with the cake decision. I haven't decided about making one or buying one. We have a great bakery that has dairy, egg etc free cakes that are delicious so I was thinking about just doing that.

What do you all have planned cake wise or party wise? We are doing a simple bbq with some friends. I finally get to give her all the wooden toys I bought in the s & h co-op last year!

Wendi
Old 09-01-2008, 03:34 PM

party plans - we'll have sandwiches for lunch although i don''t know if the ILs will be here at lunchtime. we'll have pumpkin spice cake and ice cream and open presents in the afternoon. no decorations, although the big kids like those blower/noisemaker things, so I might get some of those. and later we'll have dinner. everyone is spending the night. it will be my parents, dh's parents and his aunt. we got Jamison a Corolle Tidoo doll, and my parents got her a Rody Pony. I think the ILs got her books and clothes and I think aunt is getting her clothes. Aunt has good taste - ILs not so much, in either books or clothes. I don't really want My Little Pony or Teletubby books . At least I convinced them that since our house looks like Toys R Us we don't need *more* plastic MIC battery noise crap. She's got plenty of clothes, but I think I'd rather have too much clothes than too much toys.

LWAB vs Toddler - even though my babe walks pretty well, she's still a baby in my eyes, not a toddler. I don't care where we are though, as long as someone posts a link every time a new one's started (thanks Wendi!)

Mama to three  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Hi Mamas

Lucy and I are back home as of last night. : Now just to get her back "on" the right time zone.

Lucy is definately acting more like a toddler and I think I am going to go gray before the month is out. How do you experienced Mamas handle the new explorer. I am constantly walking around behind her looking for what she might bump/fall/trip on. : However, she is still a babe...not a toddler YET. LOL

Wendi-I jumped on the scale last night and I am not even going to think about what it said.....ick. I am starting anew tomorrow. I just don't think I could face a meeting on Wednesday as that is my normal weigh in day. I think I am going to have to give it a week before I really have to face the scale and record the number. Isn't denial wonderful???

Regarding party and cake. I am thinking of taking Lucy to my sister's in Austin for the weekend prior to her birthday and celebrating there. Most of my friends are still in Austin. On Monday, Sept 15 her birthday we will celebrate at the my office as that is where she spends most of her time. We will do a real fiesta with Mexican food for lunch (her fav) and a pinata...etc. The office/warehouse employee will love it as they have been asking when her birthday/party was. As for the cake it is tradition in my family that the girls get "The PINK Cake" It is from a bakery in town and it is a rasberry cake that is delish.: It will be her first true taste of sugar.

I have gotten her some Haba blocks from Oompa and a wooden xylophone that she can pull around. I am sure my parents will get her something that requires a battery.

::So happy to be home.::

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm gonna try to jump in now before I'm already behind. I haven't posted in a few weeks on the last thread...

For birthday, we're still not sure what we're doing. We have lots of friends with kids, where we basically have to invite everyone. UNLESS we decide that since he's turning 1 and the other kids range in age from one to 7.5, that we should only invite the younger kids - maybe 2-3 and under. But we haven't figured it out yet. It doesn't help that Iain's birthday is Friday (party Saturday) and so all of my energies have been directed towards that (praying our surprise ride-the-train trip doesn't get rained out thanks to Gustav!). We typically go to the zoo on their first birthday, and his birthday (the 27th) is on Saturday, so I'm pretty sure we'll do that. Maybe we'll invite friends to join us (but NOT pay the $$$ for a zoo party) or maybe we'll just have an at-home get-together that evening.

How is it that he can crawl across the bed SILENTLY while I'm listening to the monitor? I was interrupted a few minutes ago by the sound of him sliding off the bed and hitting the floor. Ugh!! He's fine, of course, and has done this more times than I want to count. But when I'm actively listening to ensure he's safe (i.e., still asleep!) it really stinks.

Anyway... Many thanks for all of the support on friendships in the last thread. There's been a lot of turmoil over all of that lately, and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. But, we're off to a (different) friends' house this afternoon which hopefully will be nice...

This last week has been pretty rough for my whole family. My sister has had heart trouble for a while, and last summer got a pacemaker put in (she's only 30 now). The leads (the part that sends the signal to the heart muscle) have been damaged so they needed to both be replaced. That was scheduled for this past Friday, but she was doing so badly she needed to be on complete bedrest and have assistance 24/7. I went over parts of Monday and Tuesday, and on Tuesday we called the doc to let them know she was declining steadily. They had her come in Wednesday, said they'd have to do the surgery that day, instead. Then they got back some test results that said she was in DIRE straits. The strange non-pacemaker-related symptoms matched the test results, but it was really, really scary stuff. Thankfully subsequent test results came back more normal, or just shy of normal. She also started to improve a little and we realized it was almost certainly a medication side effect (a very serious one) that was causing the strange problems. They finally did the surgery on Friday, and she's now back home, recovering. But it's been quite a rollercoaster here!

Judah is full on walking! He can now stand up from the middle of the floor (so cute!) and walk wherever he wants to! It's crazy!!! He's just now 11 months old, being due in early October and born late Sept. HE's now waving "hi" and "bye," too, but no signing yet. He does say mama and dada and lots of other sounds that I don't think are quite words yet. I am in awe of how big he is!! We won't see the pedi until Oct 3 (his due date!) so I don't know how big he is. We'll finally be transitioning him from the infant seat that Iain was in until 18 months! I ordered a new cover and harness set from Britax for our Roundabout so that it won't be quite the chore to get it ready for Judah (I hate handwashing covers!).

Anyway, gotta get the kids out the door... But wanted to say HI! Miss keeping up here...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:48 PM

For Lucy's party, we're having family and just a couple friends over for a barbecue in my aunt's backyard, since ours is under construction while we knock down our deck. It should (hopefully) be a small, relaxed affair! I'm thinking of trying out this recipe for cupcakes, except probably with banana instead of the cocoa, depending on how my trial run comes out next weekend: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=955478. Then I'll probably just do some kind of cake mix for everyone else (can I confess that I love Funfetti cakes? I can't eat it because of her allergies, but I don't mind making it!). I'm still looking through recipes for Lucy's "smash" cake and for myself, since we have to do no dairy, eggs, wheat, peanuts, or soy! We got her a Plan Toys walker wagon that comes with wooden blocks and this cute "Stacrobats" toy from Oompa. I convinced my mom to get her some really cute wooden toys from Oompa instead of the plastic, battery-operated stuff she usually picks out, so I'm pretty excited!

On that note, the new diet is going okay, still feeling pretty positive about it but this week is our first full-on run, so we'll see how it goes!

Lucy's getting closer to walking but still not there yet. She's tried to take a few random steps and has been balancing really well on her own, then lowering herself down very slowly! She's into everything and imitating us all the time, trying to snap her fingers or sing along with us, saying "yuck!" when she puts something in her mouth that shouldn't be there (usually paper). I can't believe at this time last year, I was wondering if she'd come early and sitting here all swollen and having an allergic reaction to my GD meds. This has been the fastest year of my life!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:33 PM

Cake: May have found something else to do for Lucy's (and my) cake portions! We tried some Bob's Red Mill mixes for this week (pancakes and chocolate chip cookies) and HOLY COW, the wheat-free, dairy-free cookies were sooooo good. We used corn starch and water to replace the egg and used olive oil instead of margarine (since I can't find any that aren't soy-based), and man. They're delicious. I gave Lucy a couple tiny bites and she loved it (of course, she also loved green beans, corn, peas, and carrots tonight, so I feel okay, since it was her first taste of "sweets"). I think I'll smush it into a little round cake shape and possibly do up some kind of light frosting, though we'll see about that part--I know "the mess" is supposed to be part of the fun, but neither Lucy nor I are very happy being messy and I have several cute outfits to choose from for her party, so I may be a grinch and keep it unfrosted for the least mess!

:

Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 PM

::
to all our September babies! I am feeling nastolgic today about giving birth 1 year ago this month. Of course I was grumpy this time last year b/c I was one of the last to go!
I am happy that everyone is well and thriving. Thanks for sharing the pregnancy, labor and first year with me. Even if I don't write in often, I hold you all in my heart.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:02 AM

heatherb: I wish your sister a full and speedy recovery. And WOW on Judah walking! Keep an eye out

momajb, wendi, ishy: My babe is also still a babe... though I really need to upload some new pics because I think she's awfully grown up. I feel like she's finally in babyhood - interactive, babbling, moving, but still a baby.

We went camping this weekend. Chaya is officially a dirt eater. Oy. Rocks, dirt, sand, this little girl loves it.

Wendi, I hope that coin comes out soon! I found gravel/sand in Chaya's poop and I'm sure that wasn't pleasant at all.

Cake.
I try. I cook. I shop and buy only local, organic, et cetera.
But I gotta say, I think she's getting a cake with frosting.
Maybe cookies, too. Possibly cupcakes. I wanted to invite my/our friend but she and her family will be gone that weekend. Both sets of grandparents are coming in so maybe it's best to leave the guest list at that.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 AM

Yay, it's birthday month! Anybody else excited to be able to celebrate birthdays almost every day this month? I still can't believe he's going to be one, it totally blows my mind. He is very much a toddler though so I guess I had better get used to it.

I'm exhausted from all the planting I did today, but the yard looks a lot better. I put in a lot of plants that attract butterflies and hummingbirds and Liam loves to watch them. We're supposed to get slammed with a hurricane this coming weekend and I'm hoping it's not too bad, we're 90 minutes from the coast.

Mommajb - I ovulated early this month so technically that means I can test early as well, but I will probably try around 8-9 DPO. I'm really expecting a BFN this month.

Wendi - For Liam's birthday I am making carrot cake cupcakes. I don't know if we're inviting anybody over and Andrew is working that day also.

HeatherB - I'm so sorry to hear your sister wasn't doing well, I hope she improves now that her pacemaker has been repaired.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 09-02-2008, 02:27 AM

AHHH! It's our month! Lila turns 1 on Wednesday, I cannot believe it. We're having a joint party for her and my DS who turns 4 on the 8th but we're not having it until the 13th because of a bunch of other family stuff we have going on in September.

Cake - I'm doing a mini cake for Lila. Yes, a sugary thingie from the bakery : she never has sugar so I'm not too worried about it. Making cupcakes for my son and his cousins.

So here's a funny story. DH and I are pretty sure we're satisfied with just 2 kids but last night as Lila was sleeping on his chest, he got all google eyed and said, "you know, maybe we should have just one more." that night Lila was NUTS i tell you! Up crying every 20 minutes and then up from midnight - 2am thinking it was "playtime". I joked to DH that she must've heard him talking about having another baby and was like, "heck no, I AM THE BABY! and tonight I will be impossible and make them change their minds!" It worked, haha. For the time being anyway.

mommajb: I love, love LOVE the 3 year age difference. We TTC'd for over a year before I became pregnant with Lila (also had a m/c in that time) and I'm very satisfied with how it all turned out.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
Old 09-02-2008, 12:15 PM

re cake:

I havent decided what I am going to make, but I will probably not be very good. With Lilah, I did a carrot cake w/ apple juice sweetener and cream cheese and honey frosting. Cian has already had way more sugar than I ould like, but he's a food hound

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 PM

WHINE!

My back hurts. It is higher than normal, at my waist, maybe between my natural waist and the top of my pants. It hurts to move. It hurts to bend. I have been to the chiro, I have tried arnica, I have tried ice. There is no comfortable position. I have been leaning against the van for the heat (95F and sunny). It hurts to nurse because Linus won't sit still. It hurts to pick him up. It hurts. The 'easiest' thing to do is to put him and Charlotte in the double stroller and push the 60 pounds plus heavy stroller in the street. The bumps on the sidewalk hurt too much. When I am moving and the sun is on my back I can almost forget and stop crying. This is miserable.

WHINE!

In other news (LWAB)... Today is the big birthday!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

School cannot start soon enough. I just had THE longest post with personals to each and every person and Eavan just came up and hit buttons and made it disappear. I was literally about 3 words from finishing and hitting submit.

Why do I try to do ANYTHING for myself when he is around. It is ALL him ALL the time. :

Wendi
Old 09-02-2008, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

I do absolutely adore my beautiful son Eavan. I am sorry if I all I do is bitch about him. He is a great kid with so much energy and tons of funny cute things to say and do. I realized that I seem to only speak negatively of him here. Every night he tells me "I love you so much mama!" He is really sweet with Dahlia most of the time. He says things like "hers my baby sister Dahlia!" He is really loving with our dog. He is truly a sweet spirited kid but he has too much for his little body and it comes out in power struggles all day long. I try so hard to enjoy him and meet all his needs and be everything he needs me to be. I often feel like I fall short so I really should be bitching about myself not him.

Anyway I just wanted to apologize for being so negative about him all the time and let you all know that I do have great times with him and I do love him so. I just don't seem to be able to be all that he needs me to be.

Wendi
Old 09-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Wendi You’re just the sweetest. Thanks for the hugs. I’m so jealous of your Wii Fit!! I totally want one of those

Katie Thanks hun! I hope the TTC is going well. I’m sending you sticky vibes : We never had our Britax in the rear-facing position because you don’t need to over 20 lbs in NJ. Does he still need to be rear-facing? In any event, the recline doesn’t appear to be very severe. We have the Britax marathon.

Sabo Stick to your guns mama. YOU know what’s best for your little girl. If I’ve learned anything with this mommying stuff is that you have to tune everyone else out. Good thing you let Aili have the ice cream now though, like you said. I’m sorry she’s so sensitive to food. That really does stink, but like you said, maybe she’ll grow out of it

mommajb Thanks mama. :

Heatherb I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets well soon.

Hi ladies! Sorry for the long departure…I was just sorting through my busy brain. Missing Jess so much these days, like that ever stops!! Gavin’s birthday party last weekend was really strange and it just kind of threw me for a tailspin. No one would talk to me, including Jack and I didn’t even get to see Gavin but for 2 seconds while he was sleeping. My heart hurts. I feel so connected to Gavin and Noah yet I feel like everyone in the world is trying to destroy that. I just hope that later in life we’ll be able to have a relationship when everything settles down a little. That’s all I can really hope for right now . I just feel like I made a promise to Jess and I’m letting her down.

In LWAB news, DS is the proud owner of 8 teeth – 2 new ones on the bottom. He is Mr. Mobility and I am Ms. Exhausted! He’s starting to wean pretty aggressively and that’s not terribly comfortable, but I am just following his lead. I am officially a uniboob – I can only get a little bit out of my right side and DS is just not interested in it at all. My left side, by the end of the work day, is probably at least 1 ½ cup sizes bigger which is embarrassing, but whatever. I’m so over it. I’d nurse him until he was 30 if he wanted to. He’s my baby and I want to give him the world; this is the least I can do

How was everyone’s Labor day? Bet you all are glad you weren’t in labor this year!? I spent 4th of July in the hospital last year having DS and Labor Day was the first big picnic we went to. It was just as miserable as this year but for different reasons. Last year everyone was playing “pass the baby” which pisses me off to no end and this year it was my SIL trying to parent my child and everyone trying to stuff chocolate in his face. Hello?!?! Am I the ONLY one who thinks that is just ridiculous :? Apparently SIL got my drift because she emailed me an apology but I am so sick of family and all these stupid functions. The dumb holidays are going to be here in a blink too…we always host Thanksgiving…yay. I don’t mind doing all that for people who appreciate it, but DH’s family drives me mad.

Enough of my complaining…I missed you all. I just went through one of those “stay inside” moments where I kept everything to myself. I’m so excited about all the potential new babies. DH and I were talking again and he said he’d actually be ok with me getting off the minipill if I charted or used my ovulation predictor to do more natural BC. I was thrilled to pieces :. I’m becoming slowly more open to the possibility of a 2nd child – maybe TTC around DS’ 2nd birthday – but only if I can be myself this time around, ykwim? I am so sick of being bossed around!!

to you all…gtg get back to work! :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM

All right, there's lots I want to say, but very little time to say it. We'll see how far I get.
cake: We will be ordering a cake from Pumpernick and Pastry (where we got our wedding cake) and making a apple juice sweetened, no milk product cake for Aili. I want to add blueberries too b/c she loves them so much. I have a carrot cake recipe from Jeanine that I'll use as the base.
Heather: : for your sis. And about the fall, Aili dove off our bed while I was lying next to her . . . if they want to go, they're gonna go, but it is a terrifying mommy-moment.
Wendi, I understand that you can completely love someone and get completely annoyed by him/her (read dh and Aili here).
maylea_moon at Lila's response to a new baby.
ishyfishie, Aili is doing the same thing about walking. She's much better when she has a few things in her hands and doesn't realize that she's not being held up though.
Faliciagayle, I enjoyed camping with Aili until she decided that rocks were food. Her beautiful little teeth are gonna get crushed. We try to feed them wonderful, healthy food, but no, rocks taste better.
mrsb, take all the time you need. Its so hard to be reminded of our loved ones b/c it brings back the hurt and loss, but it can also make us feel close those people again. I hope that through the hurt, you feel Jess near you. I'm sorry that the birthday party was so hard for you. I'm sure that when push comes to shove, you are ready and able to be there for Gavin and Noah. It may not be as much as you'd like, but the boys are blessed to have you available.

Marty's weaning . . . wow, it doesn't seem like that time should come so soon, but he's only 2-3 mos older that our little ones. With my first child only 1 yo, I'm already saying, "They grow up so fast!" :
Old 09-02-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
cake: We will be ordering a cake from Pumpernick and Pastry (where we got our wedding cake) and making a apple juice sweetened, no milk product cake for Aili. I want to add blueberries too b/c she loves them so much. I have a carrot cake recipe from Jeanine that I'll use as the base.
Totally OT, but our wedding cake was from Pumpernick and Pastry too! We did lemon cake with buttercream frosting...mmmm. We wanted to get one for our anniversary last year, but a certain little miss arrived two weeks early, on our anniversary, so we never did! I think I would cry if we got that for her birthday and I couldn't have any, but I'm so jealous!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 PM

good ol' aunt flow returned today...I was not missing her in the least. I am a bit relieved though because I have had PMS and cramping for like 6 weeks now.

eta: whoa! Only 3 posts away from

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 09-02-2008, 06:47 PM

so, my baby turns one on thursday. does anyone else remember that last year, i spent ALL of labor day weekend in labor? three days of the blasted contractions! well, this year, dh let me sleep until 1030! i woke up to ro being so happy cause the lady at the supermarket gave her a balloon, and dh had made me pancakes and bought me flowers! "happy laboring day!" he said. i nearly cried.

cake: we're using the namaste chocolate cake mix for ro. we haven't decided if we're going to use eggs or a substitute to make it. she hasn't had eggs yet, but we've no egg allergies in the family. for everyone else, there will be yummy sugary gluten-y cake from a local bakery. YUM! i love cake.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 09-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Mrsb - There is a minimum that exists for forward facing (usually 20 pounds), but by far the safest place for a baby to remain until they reach the max rear-facing weight (I think 35 pounds for the Britax) is rear-facing. Even at age 1 and beyond, many still have heads that are rather large in proportion to the rest of their body and don't have the neck control to be forward facing should a crash occur. In a head on collision (which most collisions are) it can have devastating results. The family safety forum has a lot more info on it.

Greenmagick - Sorry about AF, congrats on 1000!

leanbh - That's so sweet about labor day, I remember following your labor and how relieved you were to finally have it kick into high gear.

Wendi - It's okay to have days like that, I have a feeling that Liam and Eavan are similar so I can relate to how you're feeling. At the end of the day you just feel so physically and emotionally drained and it can be hard to keep up with them and still maintain sanity a lot of the time.

Molar #3 is here, bringing us to a total of 11 teeth. I wonder if tooth #12 will make it's appearance before his birthday? I finished the last of my gardening today by pulling up all the stones that border the garden, throwing down mulch, and replacing them during Liam's nap. I put up the hummingbird feeder and we've been getting tons of them, Liam likes to watch them and point. Today has not been such a good day for Liam no matter what I try to keep us busy doing so I'm feeling rather drained.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 AM

I just lost my cool with Lucy. She has been doing this inch around the bed thing....or booty in the air and flop it on my pillow (I am not kidding). Anyway...so I am just about to fall asleep after putting her to sleep twice already when she starts to wind up again and I yelled "Just be still already...I need to sleep too." She started crying and was all sorts of freaked out. : I feel like such a Mama. Now she is asleep and I am wide awake just thinking about yelling at her.

"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post

good ol' aunt flow returned today...I was not missing her in the least. I am a bit relieved though because I have had PMS and cramping for like 6 weeks now.

eta: whoa! Only 3 posts away from
Yeah, I've been pretty crampy lately, getting headaches, and thinking that its any day now that my cycles return. I'm kind of ambivalent b/c we'd like to try for #2 soon, but I love just having my little girl right now and not dealing with AF every month.
ishyfishie: I'm fortunate that Aili doesn't really have issues when I have dairy anymore. I would be sad if that beautiful cake came into the house and I couldn't have any.
SweetTexasgal, I think that Aili and Lucy must have had a psychic connection last night. Dh took her downstairs at around 11:45 b/c she would nurse for a couple of seconds, roll onto her belly, sit up, and start laughing. Odd, what would be adorable at 11:45 in the morning is not so cute at 11:45 at night. I was trying to reason with Aili, "C'mon, Mommy has to work in the morning. Just go to sleep." The child can not be reasoned with.

maylea_moon:
: Happy Birthday to Lila!! :
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 AM

Mommajb-: Linus.

Wendi-You do often mention how special and wondeful Eavan is You are a wonderful mother from all that I have heard. We all have our moments/days where we feel that we just don't have enough to give. Mama.

MrsB-Oh Mama, I hope as time passes that the pain you feel fades and leaves happy memories of Jess. I do not think you a letting Jess down at all. You are doing the best you can for Gavin and Noah that you can. I think that you relationship with them will evolve as time passes and the hurt and pain is not so new for everyone (Jack).

Maylea Moon-:Lila

Sabo-that is exactly it-during the day the acrobatics are cute and adorable....not so much at 12:30, 2:00am...etc. There is no reasoning with Lucy either....maybe she and Aili need to talk. However, I do have to say that after her rocky start last night...she slept well....so I can't complain too much. I just wish that I had the clarity in the moment that I do in the morning.

Anybody else just feel like there are not enough hours in the day? I feel like I am rushed from the moment I wake in the morning to the moment I put Lucy down in the evening and then I might....might get a free moment once she is asleep and that is one of the main reasons that I turn into such an ogre if she doesn't go down and stay down.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

SweetTexas ~ Lucy isn't scarred for life. We all lose our cool once in a while. Late night acrobatics are super annoying and it is hard to stay calm at that point.

mrsb ~ I am so sorry you are struggling. I have been thinking a lot about Jess lately too. You are so not failing her. You have no control over the choices that Jack makes. Jess knows how much you care and you will always be there when the boys are ready.

Happy Birthday to Linus and Lila

I can't believe I lost all those personals yesterday. They were so heartfelt.

Eavan is off to school! I think Dahlia and I are going to have a very nice mellow day. No yoga tonight (too many scheduling conflicts) so I am going to try to run during Dahlia's nap today. I am frustrated with weight loss and just have to keep exercising and not worry about the scale. Its so hard though.

Katie ~ Liam does sound a lot like Eavan. I have the out of sync child (book) here and plan to read it now that I have some extra time. You might want to read it sooner rather than later. Also Raising Your Spirited Child helped me so much with Kaija (mild Eavan). You will have to show pictures of your place with all the new plantings.

3 more days of my last baby's first year! sniff! AMAZING!

Wendi
Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Wendi, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you haven't been exercising before, you are probably building muscle right now. The scale lies, but the mirror doesn't. I'm sure that you'll notice the slimming changes in you body even if the scale doesn't reflect them.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Wendi, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you haven't been exercising before, you are probably building muscle right now. The scale lies, but the mirror doesn't. I'm sure that you'll notice the slimming changes in you body even if the scale doesn't reflect them.
My dh told me that yesterday and I bit his head off!

It is true! I have been exercising more recently than for a long time. My body feels stronger and I look better. I just have to keep that in mind. I actually got into a pair of jeans I haven't worn for a long time.

Thanks for the reminder. I think I owe my dh an apology.
Wendi

User Tag List