Feb 08 babies are turning 7 months already!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 478 Old 09-06-2008, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreen713 View Post
So now, I'm beginning to think about halloween costumes for the girls- I want to dress them in related costumes, so they go together. I need ideas.
I once saw a brother and sister dressed as Winnie the Pooh and a honey pot. It was the darned cutest thing I have ever seen.!

Wife & Momma to Echo 2/20/08 and HP 6/11/13
#122 of 478 Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBump View Post
Hi Everyone! Caught up on all the goings on. Big Hugs to all who need it. Ultimately do what is right for you and your kids to the mama's having man issues. No reason for a child to grow up in an unhappy home for the skae of staying together for the kids. Ask my husband-it was rotten.

It's been a wild ride around here this week. I found out we are expecting again!! I'm due mid April.

I've been trying to wrap my head around it and still am a bit stunned. Especially since it took us 2 1/2 years to get Eli and like a nano second to get pregant again. My husband's swimmers were supposed to be small in numbers and not great swimmers either. I really didn't want two this close together, but obviously we weren't being as careful as we should of.

It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#123 of 478 Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Congratulations babybump!!! That is very exciting news!!

Halloween costumes, I am thinking we might go as the Scooby Doo gang. My DD1 is going to be Dapnae (SP??), DS1 Freddy, DS2 Shaggy, I will be Velma, we have a golden retriver who we will put a scooby tag on and some spots and then Audrey might be a ghost or scrappy Doo! I can't talk DH into getting in on the fun, I wanted him to be the Creeper!

Juise I concur with everyone about the coat, too cute!

Welcome to our group luckygreen, glad to have you!

Helen, I love your cure for dental problems!
#124 of 478 Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 PM

Still no test yet, but I'm starting to feel like its a no. I think I've just been stressed out and overly tired lately plus the kids have been sick and so that hasn't help any. I havent felt emotional again so thats a plus. Time will tell.

Yesterday my mom invited us over for BBQ, but Michael had already invited friends over for spagetti so I took Steven over to eat at my moms and while I was gone Michael was watching Austin and our friends kids (2yo and 15 month old.) Well they managed to use a milk crate to climb in my hutch and get the Desitin and covered the 15 mo from head to toe. I about peed myself laughing when I saw the pictures.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#125 of 478 Old 09-06-2008, 10:24 PM

Helen Thanks for the sermon. Good reminders all around. I know everything will be fine. I am looking forward to Eli having a sibling close to his age. Kendall kinda of got cheated out of that but but some marriage are not meant to be. Hope your package arrives soon!! I went to Wisconsin Sheep and Wool today. Pickup three new rovings from a friend who owns her own spinning flock.

Eli says-- nm 3dc354 vb gf vdzxffcbcvtyft7ut67ttt6 hghm n m7n hb

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#126 of 478 Old 09-06-2008, 10:48 PM

BabyBump:: Congrats!! I mentioned this earlier, but my sister and I are 15 mos apart, and my mom tells us that it was actually not a bad time with 2 little ones, and my sister and I have always enjoyed being so close. I bet it will be a great experience (despite the few hard parts)!

Welcome to lucky green!

Echo and M2-4, cute costume ideas!

Mommy2A...OMG !! Those pics are awesome!! Thanks for sharing.
#127 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 06:59 AM

Babybump, I will start stalking the postie She's pretty good, mind, and knows that she can come and drop parcels off through my FILs door.

Anyone heard anything from Rynna?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#128 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 03:15 PM

Unlikely.

Bear got out early this afternoon, after two days of fluids. He's still pooping a ton of yellow water, but he's looking much ploofier and puking a lot less. I have a headache and I'm quite lost-- it's not like I can go anywhere with him and (get this) my mother broke her arm yesterday, so they can't keep him. I can hardly lift him after two days of carrying him around (he wouldn't sleep except in my arms). My sister is giving me crap. My mother is giving me crap. I haven't heard from Mike and he thinks that I should just put up with his crap; Rather, he thinks I should expect something different from him even though, you know, he's given me NO REASON WHATSOEVER to expect anything different. So... I don't know what to do. I'm probably going to end up going back home with all of the kids and waiting for Mike to get off his ass because I really can't do anything else with the NEGATIVE assistance I'm getting. :

Sorry. I'm in a bad mood, even though the baby's feeling better. My tummy hurts too, but I don't have the energy to be sick so I'm just telling myself repeatedly that I'm not. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#129 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM

I'm here if you want to vent. I'm glad he's OK, though, and it was just a thoroughly horrible bug- my mind was imagining all kinds of scary things.
I would point out, though, that right now you and Bear need a nice quiet cave to go and hide and get better in, and Mike is offering that : Taking him up on it would give you enough time to get an exit plan together, and maybe this weekend has scared him enough that he realises he needs to grow up :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#130 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't know any one here, yet. Is it late to jump in in this thread?
#131 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Rynna, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope things get easier soon!

Babybump, congrats!!!! We will probably try for #2 sometime next year. I'm 35 so not much time to waste in case it takes us years again.

Since it's always nice to see guys wearing a baby, I thought I'd post a picture of DH wearing Alex with my new mei tai (which I decided to keep) from earlier today. I was kind of surprised he was willing to use the mei tai, I thought it would be too girly for him! He will probably prefer the black Ergo I have coming.

Cynthia

Wife to Matt. Mom to Alex (2/8/08). Expecting our second (2/6/12).

#132 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Unlikely.

Bear got out early this afternoon, after two days of fluids. He's still pooping a ton of yellow water, but he's looking much ploofier and puking a lot less. I have a headache and I'm quite lost-- it's not like I can go anywhere with him and (get this) my mother broke her arm yesterday, so they can't keep him. I can hardly lift him after two days of carrying him around (he wouldn't sleep except in my arms). My sister is giving me crap. My mother is giving me crap. I haven't heard from Mike and he thinks that I should just put up with his crap; Rather, he thinks I should expect something different from him even though, you know, he's given me NO REASON WHATSOEVER to expect anything different. So... I don't know what to do. I'm probably going to end up going back home with all of the kids and waiting for Mike to get off his ass because I really can't do anything else with the NEGATIVE assistance I'm getting. :

Sorry. I'm in a bad mood, even though the baby's feeling better. My tummy hurts too, but I don't have the energy to be sick so I'm just telling myself repeatedly that I'm not. :
-- I thought you needed a few. I think that Helen is right and you should thing about settling in somewhere to come up with the best exit strategy, rather than stressing out AND being homeless
I wish there was more I could do for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste119 View Post
I don't know any one here, yet. Is it late to jump in in this thread?

come on in, the door is open!!!!!!
#133 of 478 Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 PM

BabyBump!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Congrats!!!!!!!

Rynna- I hope your little guy gets better.. I was so so so so worried about him.

oh ugh.. DS2 is crying and awake... more later..

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#134 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 03:49 AM

Welcome namaste119 and luckygreen713!

Rynna glad that at leas Bear is feeling better!

cwoodard
cute pic!

Halloween that is one of the things that I really miss I LOVED watching the kids in their costumes!!!

We are going to a play group today! It is every monday for kids from 0-3! I am excited. I think that Ashlee will love it
#135 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 08:53 AM

Applecore thank you for the post card
#136 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Ok y'all, almost a page per day? Yipes! I'll do my best...
Namaste119, WELCOME! C'mon in, the water's fine...
Cynthia - cute picture of your DH. We are also debating getting an Ergo - we just got our Kelty which is great for hiking, and I love the ease of using a Maya sling, but the Ergo looks great for longer jaunts around town. One can never have enough carriers!
BabyBump - Congrats! I can only imagine that it would be lovely to have siblings close in age to grow up with.
Jezzy - hope the playgroup is fun! The one by us seems to always coincide with DDs afternoon nap so we haven't gone yet.
Rynna, You're going through some intense stuff right now. I think Helen is a good voice of reason...and I'm glad to hear that Bear is on the up-curve - sounds scary.
Andrea - love the Scooby gang idea! Gak, Halloween is coming so quickly!
Sarah Lynne - too funny, what a mess! But predictable, leaving the men in charge, no? Absolutely classic.
Jenn, hope everything is A-OK with Alex's weight gain and that he's just hit a normal 6-month plateau...:
Juise, I adore the coat. I have shopping envy. Now that DD is staying in the same size for more than a week or two, I'm really eager to buy adorableness.
NOS, um, yipes! Talk about intense - let us know how the visit with your mother goes. Did you decide to tell her ahead of time? Or is she in for a big surprise? I hope that there is some positive-ness somewhere in the visit...that she is able to delight in her newest grandchild, at least? Good luck!
OperaMommy, 5 hours at the dentist?!?!? Good for you for finally going...: haven't been in 4 years, guess maybe I should do something about that sooner than later.

Hokey, what's new in my world? Last night, I went in to find DD lying on her stomach in her crib for the first time. She is officially rolling-ly mobile, a whole new world for us first-timers. It's great fun to watch her move, and she tires herself out very well!

She also pulled herself up to sitting the other day (using my hair - ugh). When do they generally start doing this reliably? I'm thinking we have to drop her crib down a level soon.

She is also cutting her 4 upper teeth - yup, all at once! Well, 1 is slightly behind the other 3, but all 4 will be through within a week or two. I won't complain - better all at once than spread out! She's doing a lot better with the uppers than she did when the 2 lowers came through.

No solids, yet. She sits, has had that frighteningly accurate pincer grasp since she was about 4 months old, and doesn't really have the tongue-thrust, so I'm chalking it up to teething.

Sleep has been pretty decent - last night was about the worst kind of night we get - down at 7, up at 11:30, up for 40 minutes at 2:50, up for 30 minutes at 5. I'm chalking it up to teething.

Can't we blame everything on teething?

We got our new Kelty backpack. Aside from the fact that we have to exchange it b/c it has a defective piece on it, we love it! It's wonderful to be able to go hiking and not have our backs ripped apart by the Bjorn!

Fall is coming - the best time of year up here. Mmmmm, snuggly weather. Oh - and at her 6-month, DD was 28", 17 lbs., and 17.5" head. Not petite, but she is just barely back on the charts for length. She is into 9-month clothing for the most part. Never got to wear half of her adorable hand-me-downs!

Personally don't have much to complain about. We are very lucky in that I get to work from home and DH is a SAHD, so we both get lots of quality time with DD, and DH gets time every afternoon to knock out house projects. I'm happy with my job, life is good. We did just have the reality check of being a one-income family, and are slowly figuring out how to adjust our spending. We have a couple of large expenses coming up this fall - a new driveway and a new car - so are trying to figure out how to make it all work without any loans and getting us through until DH starts back at work in February.

Any other winter-country mamas drive Subaru Foresters? What do you think? With DD in our family now, we want the added security of AWD.
#137 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 AM

Babybump, in case you didn't see the other thread, I got a parcel today Thankyou

slgt, you can indeed blame everything on teething or potty-training. Indeed, a somewhat eccentric old biddy who taught with my parents on and off used to criticise their headteacher by saying "well, it must be the way his mother potty-trained him" whenever he was having opinions on things, and I think the same applies for teeth.
Lincap It stinks having the awareness of all the things that CAN go wrong with atopic kids, doesn't it?
Cynthia, cute picture

Not much new here. We made it out to breastmates this morning and River promptly started showing off his party-tricks. It helps, because one of the pushy mothers ( you know the kind, right) was watching and was truly impressed :

#138 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Whew! Back from Wheatland, and finally clean again! Nothing like camping out and not showering for a few days to make you appreciate the comforts of home! We had a great time, and wish it could have been a little longer.

First, HEATHER! Congrats! How exciting! Now just don't forsake us for your new DDC, okay?

I have tons of unpacking to do, so I'd better get on it while Twyla's asleep, but I wanted to say "hi" and say that I'm thinking about you all. Rynna, NOS, Mommy2Austin, the new gals, etc. I'll be back later!
#139 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Helen, Yea for River and his tricks:

Rynna ...into the cave you go! Helen sounds very right on this one!

Applecore: welcome back!

SLGT: hang in there with the teeth. I had a friend who LOVED her forrester, but I have never had one, so I can't speak from any experience.

CWoodard: Awesome pic!!

Lincap, Jezzy, Namaste, Jaxinsmom, BabyBump, Sarah, and all the mamas I missed:

As for me: I have a poo question: Molly has OFTEN had green poo. It goes back and forth from a nice breastmilky yellow to a terrible, gooey green all the time. I just always chalked it up to too much foremimlk, and try to repeat sides when I notice it has gone green again.

Well, now that we have introduced a couple of solids, I have noticed that it is always nasty green after she eats something. And we are pretty much doing self-feeding, and she still has a tongue thrust, so mostly she is just chewing on foods and playing, but not hardly getting anything down. Like, way less than an ounce. In fact, we tried to give her 1.25 ml of Motrin right before her tooth broke through, and it barely made it down at all. So I know she can't really be taking in hardly anything.

Well, here's my worry. She is SO thoroughly not interested in eating as anything other than a chew game, and her poops are so gross, I am wondering if I should have been worrying about some allergy or intestinal thing this whole time. Are her poops so gross because of something that I have been eating this whole time? Is it just immature digestion? Or is it nothing at all?

Any thoughts?
#140 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
We got our new Kelty backpack. Aside from the fact that we have to exchange it b/c it has a defective piece on it, we love it!
HEY! We had the same thing! It was the piece used to slide the torso piece up and down. We exchanged it and now we LOVE IT! I hope we don't have problems later with it!

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#141 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 01:45 PM

Julie, interesting to hear that you had the same problem - did it pop out while you were walking, and it would keep going into the next hole up until it was at the top? So annoying. They said they hadn't heard this problem before...interesting. We have the same worry - that the defect is indicative of a problem we'll see later, once it's broken in more.

And hey - great pics from Burning Man! Maybe just the perspective of the photos, but it didn't look like a high concentration of people - like a lot of people, but very spread out. I expected to see more crowds, or something!
#142 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
I'm here if you want to vent. I'm glad he's OK, though, and it was just a thoroughly horrible bug- my mind was imagining all kinds of scary things.
I would point out, though, that right now you and Bear need a nice quiet cave to go and hide and get better in, and Mike is offering that : Taking him up on it would give you enough time to get an exit plan together, and maybe this weekend has scared him enough that he realises he needs to grow up :
If it was a nice quiet cave, I'd be happier about staying. : Instead it's a crappy apartment with no hot water and no heat (not a big deal now, but noteworthy in another month and a HUGE deal in three). So... yeah. No good options, really. It sucks.

Hello, Namaste119. You're more than welcome to jump in; Some of us are just stuck in our own little worlds right now (myself especially). Introduce yourself and just climb into the slurry.

#143 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post

As for me: I have a poo question: Molly has OFTEN had green poo. It goes back and forth from a nice breastmilky yellow to a terrible, gooey green all the time. I just always chalked it up to too much foremimlk, and try to repeat sides when I notice it has gone green again.

Well, now that we have introduced a couple of solids, I have noticed that it is always nasty green after she eats something. And we are pretty much doing self-feeding, and she still has a tongue thrust, so mostly she is just chewing on foods and playing, but not hardly getting anything down. Like, way less than an ounce. In fact, we tried to give her 1.25 ml of Motrin right before her tooth broke through, and it barely made it down at all. So I know she can't really be taking in hardly anything.

Well, here's my worry. She is SO thoroughly not interested in eating as anything other than a chew game, and her poops are so gross, I am wondering if I should have been worrying about some allergy or intestinal thing this whole time. Are her poops so gross because of something that I have been eating this whole time? Is it just immature digestion? Or is it nothing at all?

Any thoughts?
Well, we're in exactly the same boat. We know that we are an atopic family, but one child has escaped intact. River obviously has food sensitivities, because when I drink as much Pepsi Max as I want then he doesn't bother sleeping and I suspect that dairy makes his throwing up worse. He's also still spitting up several times a day and was late to stop hiccupping (5 months, maybe?) all of which could indicate an extremely immature developmental system.
He can self-feed, but he's not into it and nothing is going in. If I try spooning, it comes straight out- which is ridiculous considering that Alex was on solids at 3 months and didn't have a tongue thrust reflex. But, y'know, every kid is different.
I'm going to try some probiotics with River, I will let you know if it works.

Rynna, by an exit plan I didn't mean one or three months, necessarily. I meant long enough to get a roof over your head and a source of money coming in.

#144 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 04:33 PM

I spent my last cash on probiotics and paper diapers for Bear. His poop is still colored water, and I'm hoping that the probiotics will help him out a bit... but of course, Bella is sick and now I have no cash to buy paper diapers for *her*. Mike's going to have to do that when he gets home, because... ICK. :

There is a time and a place for everything, and stomach viruses are definately a time and place for paper diapers, as far as I'm concerned. Not only do I not want to deal with that smell twice, but the potential for spreading infection to all of us rises with each waterpoo. It was almost a given that Bella would get sick, as she and Bear don't really have any sense about hygiene. Bean and BooBah are healthy thus far, and I've been reminding them to wash hands, and admonishing them not to share food with Bellatricksy or Bearybuns. They're all about not having the poops, because if they get watery diarrhea, they get diapers (they're still quite small) and neither is fond of that.

#145 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Rynna, you are one amazing mom. I'm so sorry you're going through this and wish I lived close enough to help.

:

Do you by any chance have any flannel sheets you could cut up for Bella? I haven't used mine in awhile because of the heat, but I really did love them when it was cooler. You can just toss them instead of washing them. Rerplacing them at the thrift store will still be cheaper than a box of sposies.

Please disregard any stupid or clueless advice I give you.

slgt, thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm not hopeful at all that things will go well right now and will need to vent plenty if Mom chooses to call CPS, which she may very well do. We do not have a good relationship. She has refused to respond to any of the emails I have sent regarding other things that i care about (anticorporatism and my desire to have a mature, respectful adult relationship with her) so I'm afraid I'll be needing a lot of reality checks and reassurance.

Poor Rosemary! dd had all four top teeth coming in at once and I well remember how it felt like her entire upper jaw was in agony.

Emily, terran is ebf and the poo that comes out of him isn't green, but it has turned NASTY in the last month or so. Maybe it's just the age.

More later.
#146 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
And hey - great pics from Burning Man! Maybe just the perspective of the photos, but it didn't look like a high concentration of people - like a lot of people, but very spread out. I expected to see more crowds, or something!
*I had the exact same thought!

Quote:
If I try spooning, it comes straight out- which is ridiculous considering that Alex was on solids at 3 months and didn't have a tongue thrust reflex. But, y'know, every kid is different.
I'm going to try some probiotics with River, I will let you know if it works.
**This is exactly what I mean!! With Ben, he had never eaten from a spoon until 5.5 mos, and he at the whole 2 ounces of food that I gave him, with very little coming out. With Molly (who, generally seems more advanced in fine motor and oral skills then Ben did at this age), we waited till past 6 mos, and still at 6.5 mos, almost nothing goes in at all. It truly seems like she is refusing it/pushing it out, and I wonder if it is tummy related. I'll be anxiously waiting to hear if the probiotics help River. BTW, is his poop green/gross too? (though it might not relate because Molly goes several times a day, and I think River is still going just once a week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Bean and BooBah are healthy thus far, and I've been reminding them to wash hands, and admonishing them not to share food with Bellatricksy or Bearybuns. They're all about not having the poops, because if they get watery diarrhea, they get diapers (they're still quite small) and neither is fond of that.
Glad to hear the other 2 are ok so far. That sounds like one silver lining in this whole mess. Hey, if Mike can't get it together, pm me an address or p.o. box and I'll get some cash for diapers and send it your way first thing tomorrow...your absolutely right that NO ONE should be stuck with water/liquid poo diapers and an intestinal bug to go with it!!!!

NOS...glad to know about Terran's poop...though Molly's has always gone green at the drop of a hat, so I'm not sure what to make of it. BTW, whatever happens with your mom...any and all venting is welcome here!! Hang in there! I need to scroll back and figure out how soon she is coming.
#147 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Julie, interesting to hear that you had the same problem - did it pop out while you were walking, and it would keep going into the next hole up until it was at the top? So annoying. They said they hadn't heard this problem before...interesting. We have the same worry - that the defect is indicative of a problem we'll see later, once it's broken in more.
Oh no! It IS the same part then!! For us, it wouldn't engage into the hole properly at all. Like the spring was broken. It just slid willy nilly up and down. We are both short and needed it on the very last hole. The new one seems fine, but wow, I sure hope it doesn't give out over time! We won't be moving it anymore now that we have it adjusted to the one that fits both of us. Hopefully it won't break! Never heard of this problem before... RIGHT! My guess is that they have/will hear it A LOT :
We do like it a lot though. Ember LOVES IT!

Burning Man: With about 50,000 people in about 5 square miles, one might say that it IS crowded. And you can certainly get caught up in the crowds... however I hate mobs so I steer clear of those. It IS held in a hugely wide open desert space that is miles and miles long... the "city" is all in one spot, but the art and what not goes on for miles and miles past that. People can kind of spread out to see art and such. There is absolutely no way to gauge distance out there, even by eye; so pictures are deceiving about the size/distance/numbers.
I'm still trying to recover. Next time I go to BM? I think I want to be mate-less. The only reasons I have had a hard time out there this year (or any year) had to do with my mate. It says right on the website that Burning Man is hard on relationships... I'll attest to that. : There may be many that form there, but I bet you almost as many are destroyed there. When you are shaky at best, there is nothing left to do but fall.

Rynna: My mom won't let me stay with her either. : I have a back up of ex-boyfriends and other friends on my "can stay with" list. I will most certainly use it as necessary. I'd even resort to the IL's if needed. They are nice enough, albeit very different from me, but I believe they care enough to help me out if their son is being an A#1 A-Hole. I hope you work something out soon. Feelings "stuck" is about the worst feeling a mama can have.

#148 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM

Green? Check. Gross- it has a very strong smell at all times, not quite vinegary but definitely a bit sharper than typically breastfed poo. It's currently smelling more of avocadoes than anything else, though- which is weird because I haven't tried him on avocado yet :

NOS

Rynna Hang in there.

Julie, we cross-posted. I'm here if you need someone to listen, y'know? I know Steve found the transition from lover to father a huge one, even though he'd been a damn fine stepfather before that- and he struggles to fill two roles at once.

#149 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I know Steve found the transition from lover to father a huge one, even though he'd been a damn fine stepfather before that- and he struggles to fill two roles at once.
I am the only one that can see the difficulties my own dh has had in that transition. He still has trouble with the whole transition from girlfriend to wife. So never getting past that; we go and throw something else into the mix. I know he's not going to admit to being deficient in ANYTHING but age. He most certainly won't ask for help. He can't talk AND carry the baby at the same time; but now I expect him to be lover, father AND friend?
Yeah, I must have been high. :

#150 of 478 Old 09-08-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
I
Yeah, I must have been high. :
Nope. I wasn't high, but i was 30, he was 22 and all of my friends thought that it was so cool that i "got my groove back" after breaking it off with exy that i got a bit carried away. fortunately it was never consummated because he was a real @$$hole and i'm MUCH better off without him,. but i'll never forget the thrill of breaking that taboo.

You were thinking the same things I was and your friends may or may not have been thinking the same things mine were.

i really hope you and Mark get through this and go on to have a super fantastic till-death-do-us-part we-sure-showed-them marriage, but please don't be too hard on yourself if it goes the other way.

You've lived the fantasy of more than one woman who won't admit fantasizing.

It took a long time for me to stop hating myself about wasting five years of my life (and five very important years of my kids' lives as well as the twilight of my own fertility) on one of those long distance things that never work out, but i think i'm finally at the point where i can shrug and say i took a gamble on love and lost.

Maybe all those vicious things my parents and other people who knew me then said during that relationship were true, but it didn't give them the right to treat me the way they did.

The silver lining, if there is one, is that the unconventional relationships are sort of like that canary in the coal mine; the way people react to our choices in partners says a lot about how they will react to other choices we make, kwim?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page