Feb 08 babies are turning 7 months already!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I can't believe there's not a new thread already so I'll go for it! We left off anxiously stalking Helen's chart (I'll let her link herself if she so chooses) and waiting for an update from Lauren in a couple weeks on potential new siblings for their Feb 08 babies.

Lots of babies are having poop issues and some have had success with warm baths.

Many babies have demanded solid/table foods and others are not too amused with the whole "food disappearing trick" at this point. ( NOS)

We are also seeing many babies begin to be mobile with some lucky moms getting a little more time!

Sleep is another popular topic, and probably will be for a while still.

Raina got to catch a baby and Andrea is heading back to work.

Plugged ducts have been an issue for some.

We have also begun a small crafting/preparing for Christmas talk.

Whew, I know I missed some things but there's a mini recap, the thread in all it's wonder can be found here.

Happy September everyone!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Emily it's always nice to hear from you as well! I hope you've gotten some rest this holiday weekend! Oh, I'm so envious of your ped! HE sounds great, I'm not taking the kids anywhere because I can't find someone I like that's not a 45" drive.

Helen, Thanks you so much, I miss when yuo don't post also, it was a quiet weekend while you were at your moms! I'm sorry you are dealing with the stress of a possible unplanned pregnancy while all these other things are going on as well. You deserve a break!

RachelEve14, it's nice to hear from you! I hope the separation anxiety passes easily. I'm dreading that for now, I have a client due in Nov and worry he will be dealing with that and I'll have to leave him!

Raina, That is so awsome that you got to catch a baby! I've had several dreams where clients (I'm a doula) birth quickly and I end up catching, it's so cool to get to be part of such a momentous event in someone's life. It sounds like Twyla was awsome! Also, James was the same way with solids, it threw me for a loop as Grace was much later in starting and I'd planned the same for him but they certainly let us know what they want, don't they!

Andrea, I'm sorry about your neighbor, she sounds ;ike she was a very special person in your life and I'm sorry you will be missing that On a happier note, that's exciting about Audrey!! James wants to stand so badly but just hasn't found anything he can get himself pulled up on. I hope Trevor had a good birthday, I'll be hitting that 3 y/o birthday soon as well and just can't believe it!

Juise, I'm enjoying the crafting thread as well, thanks for linking it! I'm glad you joined, you are very crafty! I had forgotten about the bugs you made and needed something else for James so it was perfect that you linked to them! Thanks! That gurgle noise is so sweet!

Lauren, Good to see you. I figured you must be busy with your flood related clean up and school starting. I hope it's all going well. I also hope a pregnancy goes which ever way you want it to! Just a heads up on the contraceptives, PP was doing a free IUD thing, I'm not sure it's still going on or not though.

We will be hoping for a pregnancy this time next year, maybe a few of us can get us can be DDC buddies again!:

Old 09-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the new thread sarahn4639
Old 09-01-2008, 03:49 PM

I have trouble keeping up in here but thought I'd post

Steven is getting huge! He's 26 inches long and 20 lbs He has 8 teeth already and I suspect more are on their way. He's just started crawling even though he's been able to get around just fine by rolling everywhere lol.

I've lost 51lbs since I had him I'm back to my prepregnancy weight and going down strong I'm looking to hit 195 by Jan. 1 and I'm well on my way to it!

Austin loves his little brother and has really started interacting with him lately. He knows almost all his letters, all his numbers 1-10 (usually can recognize them,) and knows the basic shapes (triangle, square, circle, star) He knows most all of his body parts as well. I never expected him to learn so fast, but he's a super sponge thats for sure!!

DH has finished the academy and went back to his job officially today His graduation is on Thursday and he takes the state exam on the 28.

We're both looking into going back to college for degrees. Whether its now or later is dependent on if his dad can get us in the online program at his school for free (DH's sis and bro already go for free, but they are dependents)

So glad to see everyone is well. I've felt lost without you ladies over on the other board Remember its always there if you need to chat specifics

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 PM

HI Ladies!

I am subbing!

Feel terrible I was so MIA on the August board! Life is just keeping me away from my computer!

ANYWAY. Harrison had his 6 month appointment last week (he was the 20th, so still 6 months old). He weighed 17 lbs was 28 inches and head was 17.5 inches. Looking good! He sits and rolls. Eats a little at dinner, not a lot but something to play with while we eat!

Going to try to keep up with this thread!!

Linda

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM

51lbs, SarahLynne? WTG. I'm going back to studying too, through the OU.

So I'm out of the unplanned pregnancy game, I had a copper IUD fitted this morning and I can breathe freely and fully again. As long as it works, but I'm just not prepared to have that thought.

Sarah Good to see you too.

River seems to be cutting his bottom front teeth- they're right below the surface and he had real difficulty sleeping last night, so I think they're erupting out of the jaw as we speak, more or less. Chamomilla and pulsatilla aren't working so well for him, poor love He's crawling, pulling up (particularly on the bottom step) when there's something really solid to hold on to, jabbering away nonstop, and into everything- a total joy. He's also still fairly easy-going, and doesn't get frustrated easily- he had a hard time learning to get into a sitting position from his tummy, which was a noisy week or two, but that's been it. It's nice

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Hey mamas,

well I was totally MIA on the August board. It is hard to keep up but I am subbing this thread in hopes to keep up.

things here are good. Henry is eating solids, he is sitting up really well, and rolls over some. He does not like his belly so crawling may be awhile but I guess that is cool, we don't have to buy gates yet. He had his 6 month check up on the 29th and he is 18.9 pounds and 28 inches long. We just bought some new clothes and decided to get 12 month clothes. can not believe that he is that big already.
Henry still doesn't have any teeth...man i wish they would come. it seems as if he is getting them, he has a bump in his mouth.
Henry is still not sleeping more than about 4 hours a night...ugh I need some sleep.
Henry has been congested and coughing for awhile now. He has also had his first ear infection.

we recently moved into a townhouse. It is nice to have more space and be able to paint.
School is going alright. I think I am pretty caught up, since I was a week behind b/c we moved.
My husbands computer died so was just had to buy a new motherboard, processor, heat sync, and memory for it. hopefully it will be good afterwards.

oh and Savannah started Kindergarten...her mom says she did really well!!

I have been noticing that my supply is way down. I am wondering if we are going to have to start weaning. I started taking some fenugreek, it helps a little. Henry just seems to nurse, and soemtimes on both sides but then need to nurse again 10 mins later. Same thing at night. I am glad that we made it 7 months. I wish I could say it was exclusive but i have been cutting his bottles with formula b/c I don't pump nearly enough.

well I should run...

Oh and super congrats to you Sarah Lynn for loosing all that weight!!! that is awesome. I wish I had your will power.

I read that some are having poop problems. I don't know what kind but I will say that we feed Henry some cereal with probiotics in it and he poops like 3 times a day!

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:22 PM

Hi honies, I'm home!

Okay, not exactly.. but I'm no longer in the middle of the woods.

Stones Rising was... interesting. Yes, I will blog about it. It was a learning experience, and I'm glad that I had it. I went by myself Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Mike brought all four kids Sunday evening, and then Saturday afternoon he came and picked up Bean and BooBah, because I was going nuts and dealing with drama and stuff. It was insane, I was in tears for much of Friday. Bella and Bear and I just got home a few hours ago, and I'm boiling water for a bath while pretending there isn't a huge mound of dirty laundry in the back of my van. : Mike's actually out looking at apartments (I think; I tried to call him, but it would appear that he failed to charge the cell ) with the big kids, so I haven't seen him yet. Bear is crawling around, nibbling on a plastic hanger he's found, and Bella's "reading" and generally being cute. My throat hurts.

It's been a very long week. Very long indeed. We have a school assembly tomorrow morning, so we have to get up "unreasonably" early, and then Bean & BooBah have school physicals on... Friday, I think. I'm pretty sure that's all that's on my schedule. We'll see what's what later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
Well, I can't believe there's not a new thread already so I'll go for it! We left off anxiously stalking Helen's chart (I'll let her link herself if she so chooses) and waiting for an update from Lauren in a couple weeks on potential new siblings for their Feb 08 babies.
Crazy people planning more babies. I can't believe I was once one of you. Oh, wait... : nevermind. Seriously, though.. I'm really glad to be getting it all out of the way in a hurry.

Quote:
Lots of babies are having poop issues and some have had success with warm baths.
s Bear's poop is... getting normal! Honestly, though, after Bella it's hard to shock me, poop-wise. Bear's poop is definately more 'bear'able than her's has ever been. It's rare when Bella has a normal movement, but Bear's are so much more tolerable.

Quote:
Many babies have demanded solid/table foods and others are not too amused with the whole "food disappearing trick" at this point. ( NOS)
Bear too. He likes peaches and bananas... so I've decided to just relax and do the food thing normally. It's reallyhard for me, though, because I don't know how much water to give him. I have to be so conscious of everything that he eats, and when, because he's not getting breastmilk. Like, MIL fed Bear some peaches a few weeks ago, and when he inhaled the entire little plastic box (I know, I know she mixed up some rice cereal with water and fed him *that*. : If he had been breastfeeding, it wouldn't have been a big deal but because he's artificially fed, I have to be aware of crap like that, you know? Well, if he had been breastfeeding, it wouldn't have gone down that way-- he'd have nursed until he was mostly full. : *sigh*

Quote:
We are also seeing many babies begin to be mobile with some lucky moms getting a little more time!
:

Quote:
Sleep is another popular topic, and probably will be for a while still.
: Bear's a great sleeper. The hardest thing for him, as for Bella before him, is being awakened randomly by older siblings.

Quote:
Raina got to catch a baby and Andrea is heading back to work.

Quote:
Plugged ducts have been an issue for some.

Quote:
We have also begun a small crafting/preparing for Christmas talk.
I'm preparing for Christmas this year by planning a Pagan extravaganza. I'm seriously going over the edge with it unless Mike does something (and after nine years... well, forgive me if I don't expect much).

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 09-01-2008, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

if anyone needs some essential oils i have a 50% coupon but it's only good for today. pm me and i'll give you the info. i'll be checking back in in a little bit so i'll get back to you soon. i'll check before i go to bed as well incase anyone checks in later.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:38 PM

hello, I can't believe it's September already!!

We are back from Taos and Mike Gordon... It was fantastic!!!! We actually got back Friday but this weekend was busy and I don't like to spend a lot of time online on the weekends anyway. The venue was really small, so the show was super intimate and awesome!! and we got to meet Mike afterward...did I say it was awesome? So Jackson's first concert was a success Now I have to get ready for our trip to NC in a couple of weeks.

In other news, Jackson has his first cold... He got a runny nose and fever last night. The fever is gone today though so hopefully this snotty nose will follow soon.

lots of love to everyone, I have to go get dinner started.

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:03 PM

Hello Mama's
Sarah, congrats on 51 pounds!!! That is so great! You must feel wonderful! I lost another 10, but have probably gained back about 5 in the past few days with all the eating I have been doing. Congrats on your husband finishing up the academy, and good luck with going back to school!

Helen, glad things worked out for you! whew!

Sarahn4639, thanks for the nice recap of last month! I have been having a hard time keeping up, so that was great!

Lauren, good luck with TTC, I missed that in last month's thread!

Raina, awesome on catching a baby! I miss my days working in L&D and the accidental catches I would make! They were the best days!

I am going to start trying to put some ideas together for Christmas too...I really want to get an early start so the month of December is not spent fretting about gifts. It is nice to have that part done and just be able to enjoy the spirit of the season.

Thank you Mama's for your condolences re my neighbor. It will be such an adjustment not having her. She was bedbound, so she was always home and it was a comfort just knowing she was there and looking up and seeing her light on at night...now it is dark.... The funeral is on Wed. My DD is playing a song on her viola at the service...it will be sad, but a nice tribute to her.

I am also in the process of trying to find childcare as I make my way back to work. So far I have been in contact over the phone with a nice woman. DH and I will take the kids to meet her next week....she sounds like a good match, but I hate to be too eager and take the first person, she is literally the first person, but sounds like she might be just right for the job.

Back to school in 1 day!!! : I am looking forward to some peaceful days with my two little people before heading back to work!

Well, my dd1 is chomping at the bit to go online so I will bbl!

(((hugs)))) Mamas! Happy September!!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:58 PM

Hi, everybody. I love the beginning of the month because all the stragglers come home at least for a bit. : Missed you all!

Just wondering- does DRAMA automatically come with being female? Cripes. I just left my homeschool group; the last place I thought drama would find me. Why can't people be laid back about some things? Urgh. I just get so irritated by people who must be in control.

Thanks for all the congrats on my first catch! It really was amazing. I never get tired of being at births. It is such an honor to witness the birth of someone's child. The mom at this last birth said, "I love you guys" to me and my mentor literally less than a minute after her baby was out.

Twyla had a fever for a couple of days, and now she has a rash all over her head. I'm thinking it may be roseola, but who knows- could just be a heat rash. She did start crawling a little bit last night. I'm sure she'll be all over the place in a few days!

Not much time for personals, but I just wanted to mention to those with non-poopers, we used to do epsom salt baths when Marley hadn't gone in awhile. It worked VERY quickly. Like with me in the bath and no time to escape the lake of poo quick!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 AM

Subbing!

Wasn't very active last month - will try harder this month! We had a lot going on last month. Our first long trip to visit the in-laws (Alex did WONDERFULLY on the 10 hour car drive), he got his first cold, he went on his first picnic, went swimming for the first time, and celebrated his momma's birthday for the first time! We started adding solids to his diet, and he's starting to like it and get the hang of it now. Still having a rotten time with sleep; we're officially co-sleeping at night now as well as for naps. He starts out the night in his crib and when I'm ready for bed I bring him into bed with us the next time he wakes up. We got a bed rail so we could do it safely. I was so surprised my husband doesn't have any issues with doing it - fell in love with him all over again for being so supportive I'm still not getting great sleep because he's often clingy and wraps himself around me which makes it hard for me to sleep. And then if I move, it makes him resettle and get restless, etc etc. But it's better than having to get up and go to the nursery every hour!

On Aug 12, a few days after he turned 6 months, he weighed in at 25.5 pounds and 29.5 inches. Still growing like a weed!

Here's our latest photos from August.

Hugs to everyone - have to go to bed now, but will try to get back into the swing of things responding to people!

Cynthia

Wife to Matt. Mom to Alex (2/8/08). Expecting our second (2/6/12).

Old 09-02-2008, 02:08 AM

Rynna, I missed you. Glad you had a good time, but how CAN you be away when I'm having a pregnancy scare? Don't stress about Bear's solids consumption, some babies will just inhale food (my Alex for starters.) I'm not seeing the problem- if Bear is overdoing his solids, you'll know because he'll start dropping his milk consumption and you'll see it because of the little lines on the bottle. AND you don't need to know how much water to give him. He does. So give him a cup and stop worrying, already, OK? That would be a way of giving him back some of the control and exploration of food that your other ones had as a result of being breastfed.

Cynthia FWIW, when River cosleeps he'll attach to any bit of an available person- if I lie on my tummy with my arms up, he's happy nestling to a forearm and that way I get personal space. Then he heads off to daddy's personal space, and I get even more of it

applecore I like the idea of the epsom salts bath, actually. I might try that in the evening before a 4am poo is due. It might reorient his schedule slightly. I hope the drama calms down for you and you can find the win/win situation.

Allyn Good to see you again, glad it's all going well.

firecat, andrea et al, I love you too, but baby's stirring so I'm going back to bed.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:52 AM

Thanks for the recap!!!

You guys are FAST on the new threads, I am going to *try* to keep up! I keep trying.

We are semi moble here. Lots of rolling, scoooting, no crawling. Weak muscle tone, but we are going to wait a month or so and see how he progresses. Stange because he loves his stomach, but he's still a bit floppy. I wouldn't expect it since he's on his tummy a couple of hours a day (like right now, letting me type : )

OK back to work. I hope to be a better member this month

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Rynna, I missed you. Glad you had a good time, but how CAN you be away when I'm having a pregnancy scare? Don't stress about Bear's solids consumption, some babies will just inhale food (my Alex for starters.) I'm not seeing the problem- if Bear is overdoing his solids, you'll know because he'll start dropping his milk consumption and you'll see it because of the little lines on the bottle. AND you don't need to know how much water to give him. He does. So give him a cup and stop worrying, already, OK? That would be a way of giving him back some of the control and exploration of food that your other ones had as a result of being breastfed.
I'd do a lot of hiding under tables if I had a pregnancy scare... it'd probably be enough to make me reconsider the spiritual ramifications of having my tubes tied. Seriously. I mean, I could have had it done when Bear was born (though I'm glad I didn't-- the MRSA was simply wretched ) and everyone kind of wondered why I didn't. I didn't feel like explaining that I don't feel like I have terribly much to offer another man aside from fertility or the fact that I really feel like I'd be doing myself spiritual harm if I permanently compromised my fertility. It sounds like I'm talking out of my butt, or being a sex-crazed **** to them, and I understand that but it's all a lot more complicated than that for me. I don't really want any more children, I'm very happy with the four and feel quite finished, but I can see a future in which the ability to have children will become very, very important to me and to people around me. I don't know, perhaps I live in an odd world in my head.

So what's everyone doing for birth control? I've been using fertility awareness and condoms (abstinance from intercourse on days when I feel fertile). I don't take my temperature these days, I just count and use the mucous/cervical position for cues. My cycle is doing funny tricks; It wants to simultaneously slide back into my old 21 day pattern while aligning itself to the cycles of the moon (because being at the Farm, I've been exposed to a lot more natural moonlight than before). So I got my period just before the new moon, even though the last was *at* the new and I most certainly ovulated at the full. I wish I'd stay aligned with the moon, because a) that'd be fun and fabulous and b) it'd mean I didn't have to deal with random unpreparedness when I go out to the Farm.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
<snip>
ANYWAY. Harrison had his 6 month appointment last week (he was the 20th, so still 6 months old). He weighed 17 lbs was 28 inches and head was 17.5 inches. Looking good! He sits and rolls. Eats a little at dinner, not a lot but something to play with while we eat!
Sounds like a tall boy!! Steven has been showing increased interest in eating although I'm reluctant to let him (I've given him small bites of banana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
51lbs, SarahLynne? WTG. I'm going back to studying too, through the OU.

So I'm out of the unplanned pregnancy game, I had a copper IUD fitted this morning and I can breathe freely and fully again. As long as it works, but I'm just not prepared to have that thought.

River seems to be cutting his bottom front teeth- they're right below the surface and he had real difficulty sleeping last night, so I think they're erupting out of the jaw as we speak, more or less. Chamomilla and pulsatilla aren't working so well for him, poor love He's crawling, pulling up (particularly on the bottom step) when there's something really solid to hold on to, jabbering away nonstop, and into everything- a total joy. He's also still fairly easy-going, and doesn't get frustrated easily- he had a hard time learning to get into a sitting position from his tummy, which was a noisy week or two, but that's been it. It's nice
Thanks so much I've really been putting in an effort and its paying off faster than I expected I'm planning on just doing gen. ed courses because I'm have no idea what I want to do! Poor River! I know how crazy it can be with the teeth. Steven has 8 already and they all poked through in groups of 2-3 at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthmommom View Post
Hey mamas,

well I was totally MIA on the August board. It is hard to keep up but I am subbing this thread in hopes to keep up.

things here are good. Henry is eating solids, he is sitting up really well, and rolls over some. He does not like his belly so crawling may be awhile but I guess that is cool, we don't have to buy gates yet. He had his 6 month check up on the 29th and he is 18.9 pounds and 28 inches long. We just bought some new clothes and decided to get 12 month clothes. can not believe that he is that big already.
Henry still doesn't have any teeth...man i wish they would come. it seems as if he is getting them, he has a bump in his mouth.
Henry is still not sleeping more than about 4 hours a night...ugh I need some sleep.
Henry has been congested and coughing for awhile now. He has also had his first ear infection.

we recently moved into a townhouse. It is nice to have more space and be able to paint.
School is going alright. I think I am pretty caught up, since I was a week behind b/c we moved.
My husbands computer died so was just had to buy a new motherboard, processor, heat sync, and memory for it. hopefully it will be good afterwards.

oh and Savannah started Kindergarten...her mom says she did really well!!

I have been noticing that my supply is way down. I am wondering if we are going to have to start weaning. I started taking some fenugreek, it helps a little. Henry just seems to nurse, and soemtimes on both sides but then need to nurse again 10 mins later. Same thing at night. I am glad that we made it 7 months. I wish I could say it was exclusive but i have been cutting his bottles with formula b/c I don't pump nearly enough.

well I should run...

Oh and super congrats to you Sarah Lynn for loosing all that weight!!! that is awesome. I wish I had your will power.

I read that some are having poop problems. I don't know what kind but I will say that we feed Henry some cereal with probiotics in it and he poops like 3 times a day!
Thanks I bet you do have my will power! Its just hiding
Steven isn't sleeping well either. Or maybe he is and I'm not lol. He has to sleep right next to me and I don't get a good amount of sleep because of it. Congrats to Savannah and congrats on your new home!! I so can't wait to get into a bigger place! As for your supply do you think maybe its from the stress of moving? Hope it gets better! If you need that recipe for lactation cookies let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Hi honies, I'm home!

Okay, not exactly.. but I'm no longer in the middle of the woods.

Stones Rising was... interesting. Yes, I will blog about it. It was a learning experience, and I'm glad that I had it. I went by myself Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Mike brought all four kids Sunday evening, and then Saturday afternoon he came and picked up Bean and BooBah, because I was going nuts and dealing with drama and stuff. It was insane, I was in tears for much of Friday. Bella and Bear and I just got home a few hours ago, and I'm boiling water for a bath while pretending there isn't a huge mound of dirty laundry in the back of my van. : Mike's actually out looking at apartments (I think; I tried to call him, but it would appear that he failed to charge the cell ) with the big kids, so I haven't seen him yet. Bear is crawling around, nibbling on a plastic hanger he's found, and Bella's "reading" and generally being cute. My throat hurts.

It's been a very long week. Very long indeed. We have a school assembly tomorrow morning, so we have to get up "unreasonably" early, and then Bean & BooBah have school physicals on... Friday, I think. I'm pretty sure that's all that's on my schedule. We'll see what's what later.
Whats Stone Rising? Sounds interesting! Glad things are going well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
hello, I can't believe it's September already!!

We are back from Taos and Mike Gordon... It was fantastic!!!! We actually got back Friday but this weekend was busy and I don't like to spend a lot of time online on the weekends anyway. The venue was really small, so the show was super intimate and awesome!! and we got to meet Mike afterward...did I say it was awesome? So Jackson's first concert was a success Now I have to get ready for our trip to NC in a couple of weeks.

In other news, Jackson has his first cold... He got a runny nose and fever last night. The fever is gone today though so hopefully this snotty nose will follow soon.

lots of love to everyone, I have to go get dinner started.
Could it just be from teething or do you think its a real cold? Glad his first concert was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2-4 View Post
Hello Mama's
Sarah, congrats on 51 pounds!!! That is so great! You must feel wonderful! I lost another 10, but have probably gained back about 5 in the past few days with all the eating I have been doing. Congrats on your husband finishing up the academy, and good luck with going back to school!

I am going to start trying to put some ideas together for Christmas too...I really want to get an early start so the month of December is not spent fretting about gifts. It is nice to have that part done and just be able to enjoy the spirit of the season.

Thank you Mama's for your condolences re my neighbor. It will be such an adjustment not having her. She was bedbound, so she was always home and it was a comfort just knowing she was there and looking up and seeing her light on at night...now it is dark.... The funeral is on Wed. My DD is playing a song on her viola at the service...it will be sad, but a nice tribute to her.

I am also in the process of trying to find childcare as I make my way back to work. So far I have been in contact over the phone with a nice woman. DH and I will take the kids to meet her next week....she sounds like a good match, but I hate to be too eager and take the first person, she is literally the first person, but sounds like she might be just right for the job.

Back to school in 1 day!!! : I am looking forward to some peaceful days with my two little people before heading back to work!

Well, my dd1 is chomping at the bit to go online so I will bbl!

(((hugs)))) Mamas! Happy September!!
I really do feel good. Losing weight has become rather addictive lol. My ultimate goal is to fit comfortably in a size 11/12. I hope you like your childcare prospect. I'm still antsy about leaving the boys with anyone (even my own mother) because of what my MIL did. I'm ever fearful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
Hi, everybody. I love the beginning of the month because all the stragglers come home at least for a bit. : Missed you all!

Just wondering- does DRAMA automatically come with being female? Cripes. I just left my homeschool group; the last place I thought drama would find me. Why can't people be laid back about some things? Urgh. I just get so irritated by people who must be in control.

Thanks for all the congrats on my first catch! It really was amazing. I never get tired of being at births. It is such an honor to witness the birth of someone's child. The mom at this last birth said, "I love you guys" to me and my mentor literally less than a minute after her baby was out.

Twyla had a fever for a couple of days, and now she has a rash all over her head. I'm thinking it may be roseola, but who knows- could just be a heat rash. She did start crawling a little bit last night. I'm sure she'll be all over the place in a few days!

Not much time for personals, but I just wanted to mention to those with non-poopers, we used to do epsom salt baths when Marley hadn't gone in awhile. It worked VERY quickly. Like with me in the bath and no time to escape the lake of poo quick!
Congrats on your catch! Its sounds so exciting! It sounds like Twyla might have had a mild case of Roseola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoodard View Post
Subbing!

Wasn't very active last month - will try harder this month! We had a lot going on last month. Our first long trip to visit the in-laws (Alex did WONDERFULLY on the 10 hour car drive), he got his first cold, he went on his first picnic, went swimming for the first time, and celebrated his momma's birthday for the first time! We started adding solids to his diet, and he's starting to like it and get the hang of it now. Still having a rotten time with sleep; we're officially co-sleeping at night now as well as for naps. He starts out the night in his crib and when I'm ready for bed I bring him into bed with us the next time he wakes up. We got a bed rail so we could do it safely. I was so surprised my husband doesn't have any issues with doing it - fell in love with him all over again for being so supportive I'm still not getting great sleep because he's often clingy and wraps himself around me which makes it hard for me to sleep. And then if I move, it makes him resettle and get restless, etc etc. But it's better than having to get up and go to the nursery every hour!

On Aug 12, a few days after he turned 6 months, he weighed in at 25.5 pounds and 29.5 inches. Still growing like a weed!

Here's our latest photos from August.

Hugs to everyone - have to go to bed now, but will try to get back into the swing of things responding to people!
He is so cute! And such a big boy Congrats on co-sleeping! I'm all about making life easier. Maybe if he's really sensitive to movement you could try side carring the crib. That way he's still close to nurse, but has his own space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
Thanks for the recap!!!

You guys are FAST on the new threads, I am going to *try* to keep up! I keep trying.

We are semi moble here. Lots of rolling, scoooting, no crawling. Weak muscle tone, but we are going to wait a month or so and see how he progresses. Stange because he loves his stomach, but he's still a bit floppy. I wouldn't expect it since he's on his tummy a couple of hours a day (like right now, letting me type : )

OK back to work. I hope to be a better member this month
It's so amazing to see how different each baby is! It'll be funny to see if he ends up our first walker lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post

So what's everyone doing for birth control? I've been using fertility awareness and condoms (abstinance from intercourse on days when I feel fertile). I don't take my temperature these days, I just count and use the mucous/cervical position for cues. My cycle is doing funny tricks; It wants to simultaneously slide back into my old 21 day pattern while aligning itself to the cycles of the moon (because being at the Farm, I've been exposed to a lot more natural moonlight than before). So I got my period just before the new moon, even though the last was *at* the new and I most certainly ovulated at the full. I wish I'd stay aligned with the moon, because a) that'd be fun and fabulous and b) it'd mean I didn't have to deal with random unpreparedness when I go out to the Farm.

Condoms and prayer lol I haven't had PP AF yet (got it back at 3 months with Austin) so I havent been too worried. I fall into the catagory of if God wants it it'll happen regardless what we do I have been going back and forth about getting mirena when we wean.

I'm sore today. I've worked out 2 days in a row so today is my day off. The kids have changed their schedules again and now I'm getting up at 6:45 everyday and I went to bed at 10 last night! Crazy crazy stuff. I need to go to the Dr. soon because for the last 3 months I've been dealing with leaky ears. Sounds weird I know, but thats the only way I can think to describe it. Plus recurrent ear infections.

I think today shall be a lazy day......

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 PM

I can't believe it is September already! I love Autumn but Summer has just gone by far too quickly. It is so hard to believe that James will be 7 months old on the 19th - every month I say that lol! I feel like up until this past month I have been hiding him from the sun because I didn't want to use sunscreen, and now that I am we only have a few more weeks of warm weather!

We have had a great weekend here, we went to Niagra Falls on Saturday - it is better than I remember it, but that is probably because I was 15 when I was there last and didn't like anything LOL. Sunday we went for a hike at a trail near our apartment, and yesterday we went out for sushi with my MIL and her husband - yum yum! They live in Ottawa but were in town for a writing competition.

Quote:
So what's everyone doing for birth control?
Condoms. I was actually on the mini pill for a while, but the hormones were just way too much. Now I am less moody and have my sex drive back, haha.

Ah - baby just woke up, hopefully I have time to come back on later

Amanda + Steven SAHM to James (Feb 19, 2008) and Alexander (Jan 7, 2011). Lost little ones always in my heart (07/11/2009) (04/2010)

Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 PM

I just cannot believe how hard it is to keep up! Hello Mommas!!

Sarah, good luck TTCing your next one! Have fun!

Mommy2Austin, mega-congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work! Isn't it great to see the siblings interact with each other! It really makes one feel like:

Good to see you, Linda! It is hard to keep up! Sounds like your little guy is truckin' right along!

OOh, Helen, what a scare, that's one of my biggest fears. You will have to tell me/us what you think about the copper IUD. I've been considering an IUD, but it's not covered on the insurance, so it would be an outta pocket expense. Poor little River and his teething. It's such a pain for those little ones.

Welcome home Rynna! Sounds like life is as whirly as it gets for you! Glad to hear Bear's having normal poop. Heh! Where else can we get excited about poop?

Firecat, we had our first cold last week also. It's hard watching them go through sickness. I think she weathered it pretty well, considering I had to be at work for much of it. Hope he's doing better!

Mama 2-4 Happy daycare hunting. Ugh it's such work. I never found anyone I LOVED and was close enough. (I found one I loved, but was too far away). I hope things work out, it's such a tough thing to do.

Woot Applecore on your first catch! I sure missed that bit. FWIW, I think drama tends to come often amongst certain people. I have some theories why those people tend to be women, but I won't get into it here. I hate that it does happen, it's hard to stay out of it, try as one may.

Cwoodward, good goddess is that kid CUTE!! Woo! I could say more, but that is the overwhelming answer to your post.

RachelEve, good to see you! I hope all progresses well with the little guy.

PhotoJournMama Time has flown by hasn't it?

Ahh well, such big changes happened here in the past few days. Nara's cut her first tooth - just barely on the bottom. The DSC left. Their flight took off yesterday morning. And as usual no word on when they arrived from their mom. I miss them terribly already. DSS just taught her how to do a high five... (heavy sigh) I"m not sure how the baby's taking it, she loves them so much. This past weekend she nursed like crazy and slept alot - growth spurt + teething I suppose. She turned 6 months on the 27th. We're going to her WBV this Saturday. We may do her first vax then. The debate is on. I am still having an internal debate on vaxes, Mr Toona thinks better safe (to be vaxed) than sorry. I'm that way on a few of them, but not all and so uncertain.

Today is her first day at official day care (that is full-time care outside of the house). I spent SO much time running around this morning trying to get everything ready for her. Ugh, it's gonna be like that every day I guess. the center said she's doing ok (when I called a bit ago). She had a hard time with nap time (no surprise there), but otherwise is doing well. I think it helps to see the other kids there. She just loves kids.

So here are some pictures of us this past weekend as we spent a few last times together at my Gram's place this summer

The whole fam damily

Smiling Sisters

One Amazing Big Brother

Starting to stand assisted!

On the boat

signature currently in transition
Old 09-02-2008, 03:16 PM

sarahn4639 - Thanks for the new thread and recap! I was happy to see you in the crafty thread, too. I'm uh.. a little shy and it's exciting to have a friend in there with me

Mommy2Austin - Nice to see you! Grats to your DH and good luck with school, I could never manage it, try as I may. WOW on the weight loss, you're awesome! I wish I could manage dropping *any* weight, haha.

Lincap - :

flapjack - whew. Glad things works out. Loves to poor little River.

birthmommom - Yay for the new home! Nice to hear from you again. Good luck on the supply issues

eilonwy - Welcome back! You're always so much fun to hear from : I am always jealous I hear ya on the tube tying thing - I don't think that would ever be something I could do. I bawl my eyes out when we get the cats fixed Fertility is just so... sacred, maybe.. in a way? to me. On the lunar cycling - I am completely in love with being in tune with the moon : bleeding with it makes me feel so.. i don't know, good I guess. Doesn't really describe it. Almost a dizzy glowy ..more complete.. earthed..feeling? Bah. Anyway, I find that even when artificial lighting and artificial environment are monopolizing my life, if I take a breath every day to orient myself to the moon and feel connected with it things still work out. I even managed a good long stretch being aligned with the moon in the middle of Lansing, which I'm convinced means it can be done anywhere I'm not now, however, so I need to work on starting to get back in tune with miss earth. Oh, and is Bear walking now, by any chance? I'm curious

firecat - Yaya for a fantastic time! Sorry Jackson is sick I hope he feels better very soon.

Mama2-4 - Good luck finding a good match on a DCP. Some of us are okay! Hehe. It's okay to like your first find, we went with our first MW because we fell in love with her! We did half-heartedly see another because we felt like we "should" but only ended up feeling bad about having to turn someone down, hehe. The x-mas crafting thread I linked up last month that sarahn4639 and I are playing with, in case you're interested.

applecore - Ugh on the drama. So frustrating. Can't everyone just be as easy going and wonderful as our DDC? Is Twyla feeling better now? Poor mite. Can you tell me how epsom salts work in the bath? I've only used them for cleansing.

cwoodard - Firsts are so much fun, aren't they? Alex is sooooo cute! I'm glad your sleep is at least headed in the right direction. Life is so much nicer when you get some sleep!

RachelEve14 - Nice to see you! Your LO sounds up to par with most the babes around here, so I would definitely wait to worry

PhotoJournMama - I know! I love Autumn too, I really do, but I'm just not ready for the summer to end yet. And I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of winter, so.. the thought lingers in the Fall :

Teenytoona - Big on missing your DSC.. that must be so hard Good luck on the DCP. FWIW Kaia loves having the daycare children here during the week, watching and playing with them. And they're all so sweet to her And oh, what lovely pictures! What a beautiful family you've got there!

On our end - Kaia is driving me NUTS. In a good way. But I can't keep her out of anything! Steps are no longer any sort of barrier to her, so not only can she get up on the rocks in our living room (for a wood burning stove I wish we had) which is terrifying, but also everything we had "safely" elevated out of her reach a couple weeks ago is far from safe! I have so much baby proofing to do that needs to have been done a month ago : She climbs everything and is now rock solid standing as long as she has at least one hand resting on something. Honestly I don't think she even needs that, but she doesn't know that yet. Yesterday she spent her morning walking around the kitchen / dining area by holding onto a chair seat and pushing it around in front of her Anyone any ideas for me on how long I've got before you think she'll be walking? I really wish I was excited, but right now I'm just scared and stressed out. I feel so guilty that our house is not friendly to her yet, she deserves to not have to be taken off of / out of / have something taken away from her every two feet Ahhh soon, hopefully we get get that all together and I can just enjoy my baby as she grows up way too fast

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 PM

Teeny, I hope the first daycare day goes well! Dh has been bringing up my future employment so I know I will have to do something soon. I am hoping to work at the daycare at the ski mtn again this winter in which case I would get to bring J with me, but ski season is only until the end of march so I will have to do something else then. J is doing better, still a little snotty and clingy but otherwise ok. love your pics!!

PhotoJournMama, Niagra Falls sounds like fun! and mmmm, sushi!

Mommy2Austin, I don't really think its teething but we shall see if one makes its way here in the next week. I've been having some ear problems too, and it's weird.

Rynna, we've been using condoms. I don't have af back yet and although I've noticed mucous changes here and there I haven't really been paying too much attention I am up way too much at night to temp too.

RachelEve14, sounds like he's well on his way! he'll be army crawling and into everything before you know it!

Helen, glad to hear your little scare is over! A friend of mine had the copper iud and she loved it. And got preggo a month after taking it out too (on purpose)!

cwoodard, 25.5 lbs!!! what a big boy! great photos

applecore, congrats on the catch, and hope your drama clears up soon

mama2-4, good luck on finding a daycare person you jive with! I may be in the same boat sooner than I want to be.

on poop: jackson's poo is definitely different than it used to be. He used to be a once a day-er but now he'll go for a day or two in between poos and then have a couple the same day :

and diaper changes: whoa are they a chore!!! He will try to roll over in the middle and does his "I want" whine (yes it is totally a whine...but a lovable one ) and throws a little mini-tantrum complete with screaming when I make him lay on his back. Sometimes I can distract him with a toy but not always. I decided today to do diaper-free at home because I just can't take it anymore!

christmas crafting, etc.: well, first I have to figure out my halloween costume no seriously, I do need to think about some gift ideas esp for dh. hmmm....

Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Hi Juise, we x-posted!

Wow Kaia is pretty much walking huh! : We have just started babyproofing around here. I have to put up the gate this week and get some more outlet covers (I didn't buy enough). I know the feeling of having to take something away from him every 2 minutes because the house isn't in order... good luck on getting it all done!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM

We've had a super busy summer, spent 4 weeks visiting family and at our cottage.
Things went well, Nellah (seen here looking beautiful ) cut two bottom teeth and stopped sttn the entire time we were away! But, we managed and the kids had loads of fun doing all that great cottage stuff.

She's still loving her thumb, and I have no problem with it -- I think it's wonderful that she's able to self-soothe.

Jackson is an amazing big brother I (mostly) LOVE being home with both of them.

We tried our had a solids few weeks ago, but she's a determined self-feeder so I think we'll wait until she's a bit older.

As far as birth control, dp and I had a bit of a scare last month (I was 4 days late) and that has really helped us to talk about what we want to do. I thought I wanted 3 kids, but now neither of us are sure, we're both pretty happy with the way things are going.

Also, Jeff is starting his PhD and I've decided to apply to teachers college for next fall, so the idea of being pregnant again and putting my life on hold (again) is daunting right now.

Nellah rolls over to move around but hasn't figured out the crawling thing yet -- I think it's because she really prefers to be held and walked (which is helping me to develop some great arms )

I'm thinking of putting my ds into some sort of part-time nursery school. He really loves kids and playing and is super outgoing and I worry that being home with Nellah and I all day isn't enough for him. The reason this is coming about is because of something he said to me the other day.

First, you must know that he is Obsessed with with trains. LOVES Thomas, etc. Spends most of his days playing with his trains, reading his books about trains -- you get the idea.

Then, the other morning he says to me "when I grow up, I won't play with trains anymore."

Really (I said) what will you do?

"well, I'll write daddy's pecis (Thesis); and I'll write your pecis; and I'll pick up Nellah."

Granted, Jeff was insanely busy for about 4 weeks getting his MA Thesis finished, but it still threw me. He looks at us and realizes that when he's older he won't play with trains because we're older and we don't play with trains.

So, that's when I said to dp, we need to put him somewhere to play with other kids and just have fun being a kid.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
Cynthia FWIW, when River cosleeps he'll attach to any bit of an available person- if I lie on my tummy with my arms up, he's happy nestling to a forearm and that way I get personal space. Then he heads off to daddy's personal space, and I get even more of it
Thanks for that note - I will try to make more of an effort to give him an arm to cuddle with instead of a breast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
So what's everyone doing for birth control?
Condoms. I tried getting a Paraguard IUD (the copper one), but it popped right back out after it was inserted and it was so (*#$(*#$(*#$ painful getting it done when you don't have your period that I decided not to try again. Still haven't gotten my period yet.

birthmommom, sorry Henry isn't sleeping better yet. We're in the same club still, so I feel your pain!

Mommy2Austin
, congrats on the weight loss! That's fantastic.

applecore
, congrats on your first catch! I bet it's really exciting!

teenytoona
, great pictures! Vaccination is such a tough issue isn't it? It took me quite a while to research it and decide I didn't want to vaccinate Alex, especially after I realized that the 12 hours of screaming he had the night after he got his Hep B shot at the hospital was a vaccination reaction. It took me a little while longer to convince my husband, who hadn't done any of the research. And he still makes noises occasionally about not being comfortable with not vaxing. Whenever he says that though, I tell him I'll give him a few books/papers to read and if he still wants to vaccinate after that, I'll at least listen to him He hasn't read any of it, so I win!

Juise
, wow your LO sounds so mobile! I can understand why you'd be stressed - I hope it doesn't stay stressful for long though So many of our babies are sooo far head of Alex mobility wise. The doctors keep telling me the bigger babies are often slower to crawl and walk. He can sit up on his own when he has a mind to, but usually loses interest and flops over. He's rolling a lot in both directions and enjoying being on his tummy more. And he just started bearing some weight on his legs if I hold him in a standing position. I guess I should be grateful for the lack of mobility as we haven't done any babyproofing yet either, and I feel kind of overwhelmed whenever I think about it. Not even sure where to start!

jaxinsmom, Nellah is adorable!

Cynthia

Wife to Matt. Mom to Alex (2/8/08). Expecting our second (2/6/12).

Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Bear is not walking yet; He is absolutely convinced that he *can* walk, but his long skinny legs haven't quite gotten the message yet.

I'm in a rotten mood. Mike neglected to inform me of a few things and... well, long story short, I'm at my mom's house and I'm leaving BooBah and Bear here, and possibly Bella as well. I'm so angry right now, my head is spinning. I'm exhausted and not feeling well, but I have a lot of work to do and... well, it must be done. : Think happy thoughts at me, if you have them; I may not be online for a day or two.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 AM

I don't know whats going on, but my thoughts are with you Rynna

Well DH and I had a heart to heart about bc and have pretty much decided to leave it in God's hands. If we get pregnant great! If we don't thats great too I'm just too iffy on all the bc methods available, neither one of us wants to get a permanent fix and I don't have the patience for NFP. If its gonna happen, its gonna happen.

I can't believe I'm still awake! I was up at 6 this morning and yesterday I crashed at 10, but I'm ok.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:19 AM

Juise, Ashlee is like Kaia too. I don't think that it will be much longer. She even lets go of things and will stand for about 20 sec. She is also pushing things around walking. It is scarey. She is WAY ahead of my other dc!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:07 AM

Danielle, my solution would be for you to spend more time playing trains. Soon enough, we'll all be dead and I don't know if they have Brio in heaven.

My big boys are back at school, complete with full PE kits, bookbags, pencil cases, the works. They also have the worlds best cakes: known as chocolate vortex cakes. Apple puree, cocoa, w/w flour, a bit of sugar, blueberries and a swirl of nutella in each case, topped with a scrape of cream cheese frosting and a chocolate dalek.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 AM

Thanks Helen -- you're right I should play trains more...I really can't stand it, but I do read him LOTS of train books...

Also, can anyone help me -- I have a bfing question. I posted this in bfing, but didn't get a reply.

So, Nellah has been pulling on my nipple when she nurses. As in, she's latched on and getting milk -- while at the same time pulling away with her head, and pushing on my chest with her fist.

It's painful and I would really like her to stop, but I have NO idea why she's doing it.

Ds was weened by 5 months. I didn't really understand the benefits of breastfeeding and really wanted my life back. So, this is the new territory for me -- and I really enjoy bfing but have no idea why she's doing this.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM

I'm all excited today because I won $50 on my GPT site today That will really help with next months bills!!

So Austin is an escape artist now and gets up whenever he wants in the morning climbs out of his crib over his baby gate and turns the TV on. If only I could get him to sleep in his big bed instead of the crib and I really wouldnt care lol

User Tag List