February 08 Babies October means 8 (months that is) - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 445 Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, Rynna! Boy, you need a break in this cycle! Don't flame me here, folks, but I would stay FAR away from any EO's when Bear is so sick. They kill off the good intestinal bacteria, which he probably really needs right now. I used to use them all the time, but I've since changed my stance on them, and consider them to be used like medicine. Not a popular opinion around MDC, I'm sure.

So I'm feeling a tiny bit better the last couple of days. Emotionally, anyhow. My head and face still hurt terribly, but at least I don't feel like life isn't worth it. I'm awaiting the arrival of some good quality cod liver oil, I've cut out coffee, and am trying to get more sleep. I'm pretty certain now that it's severe adrenal fatigue.

And I'm switching to g diapers, which I am so excited about! Twyla's booty is getting really red from her cloth. Whenever I use a sposie, it goes away. : We had the same thing happen with Marley. The water here is SO hard, and I think it causes wicked build-up. I even use a water softener powder with the dipes, but nothing seems to help, other than buying all new diapers. So we'll see how it goes with g diapers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 445 Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 AM

Vinegar works wonders for strippng minerals out of diapers. You might want to try some of that in a Downy ball in your wash before you go for the g-Diapers. I love them,but they're horribly expensive.

And the TTO is for the vaporizer; He's wheezing & coughing really badly . I'm wary of giving him anything internally. If he has food allergies, he'll have to go back to Neocate exclusively for a while until we can figure out what's what with the little guy. In any case, he only had one runny diaper yesterday, so I'm not even counting it as diarrhea so much as an upset tummy due to the "cold" that he's had for two weeks now. :/

Food allergies will be a pain in the butt. Especially if he's got a wheat allergy or Celiac. Heck, even peanuts or eggs would be awful. Bella could live on peanut butter, and Bean... well, last week I taught him to make hard boiled eggs. He made ten of them and snacked on them all day long. He absolutely loves them, probably because he tolerates them better than foods with more carbs & less protein. Even so, I'd prefer food allergies (which are relatively common & understandable) to primary immunodeficiency (which is relatively uncommon & a pain in the neck to explain to people without resorting to the extremes everyone's heard of). I mean, food allergies can be lived with. Most of the PI can too, but they're even more difficult. Going to restaurants or anywhere a kid may touch a food item (like the grocery store) is difficult when you've got a kid with severe food allergies, but oftentimes a child can, say, go to school if they're willing to be nut free (every school in my neices' district is nut free these days). Going anywhere with a PI can be ill-advised, if it's bad enough. It would mean all kinds of mess for us.

Ugh. Okay, I'm thinking too much. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with Bear aside from a lack of boob. In that case... we'll just have to watch him for now, and know that he'll outgrow this eventually. Meh.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#423 of 445 Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 AM

Ema-Adama I am right with you on wanting to be home and creating this ideal cozy home for my family. I am into cooking from scratch, growing as much of our own food as possible and I am going to start looking into montessori infant program to see what they do that I can do- I just found out yesterday that they have infant programs so now I am so curious. Nothing wrong with being idealistic- I have a good degree that is really in demand here but am so grateful that DH doesn't pressure me to do a 9-5 job. The money would be nice but I am extremely unimpressed with childcare options here- I don't even have a babysitter I would consider at this point...

Rynna BIG s for Bear! I hope when he does grow out of whatever it is that keeps causing him so much troubles that you both have smooth sailng for years and years. You are such a trooper and so is he. more s and healthy :
#424 of 445 Old 10-29-2008, 11:41 AM

Ohhhh Rynna! . I really wish I lived around you so I could help somehow... Where do you live?
#425 of 445 Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM

rynna for your family.

helen- what is OU?

christa- i am with you and ema on creating wonderful home space. We're spending a lot more time at home right now with our dog as he heals. i have been trying to purge stuff that we don't need. i took a whole bin of clothes and shoes to the consignment shop when they had a halloween party yesterday. our garden is doing well but the deer are getting to the lettuces, i think. or maybe the rabbits. DH doesn't want to hassle putting up a fence though.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#426 of 445 Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM

www.open.ac.uk

Rynna, in your shoes I would call an ambulance but I'd also try back massage first.

Must go sleep, River has finally conked out after 3.75 hours of nursing down for the night. I'm buying DH some fenugreek tomorrow, he can induce lactation and see how he likes it :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#427 of 445 Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Howdy all!

Rynna, I hope Bear is ok. I am sending strength your way. I really don't know how you do it.

Ema-adama, how exciting to be embarking on this adventure. Sometimes I think I'd like to do the same, but I know it wouldn't suit me. I admire those mommas who can and do!

Raina, I'm glad you seem to be closing in on a cause, I hope you can find a way to feel better soon.

Lovetobemama, glad to know that all is well with your little sweetie.

Allyn, so good to see you!!! Congrats on the 4.0 and am glad little Henry is doing well. Don't be a stranger, dear!!

Nausicamom glad to see you too!

Seems there are a few moms here that I haven't "seen" in a while. Love to you all!

Seems Nara is changing every second now. She's got her first tooth on top coming in, and she is ALL spunk! I swear she started saying "get ya" (as in that fun little baby game "I"m goonnnnnnaaaa get ya!!"). Sometimes she seems to sign for milk and she's waving hello/goodbye alot. She says mamamama dadadada and babababa alot, though they don't seem applicable to anything in particular. Now that she's adept at pulling herself up on things, she moves along them very well, and is getting the idea of walking when you hold onto her hands and walk with her. She usually looks at me with a little heyhey! I'm walkin'!! Grin.

She's happy that Mr Toona is back at home, trying to do the WAHD thing. In fact, when I come home, she's happy to see be for a bit, but as soon as he goes into another room, she fusses and crawls after him. I'm just not as cool as him, I guess.

So here are some recent pictures (I wouldn't mind seeing your little ones babes, they are all SO cute!! hint, hint)

Walking with her Aunt

profile grin

modeling Gramma's specially made babylegs and hat Mr Toona thinks she looks like an old granny in this picture, but I think it's cute.

This one's a little older, but one of my favorites

signature currently in transition
#428 of 445 Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 AM

Rynna, where do you live?

: Delurking.
Grace is 8 mo old, has 6 teeth, pulls up and cruises, and yells/talks/sings all of the time. We have this horrible cold going around so she has been sick lately, and it's hard for her to sleep with all of the mucus in her nose. One night she woke up crying and she was so congested taht she literally could NOT breathe. It was really horrifying.

Other than that, I am a little concerned about fertility. I had a Mirena put in at 6wk pp but after nonstop bleeding had it taken out maybe 3 or 4 months ago. No AF since, even though it came back at 6 mo with P. (maybe because I am tandeming this time?) I keep feeling like my body's trying to work up to the return of fertility. In the meantime I have no reliable form of BC and fear getting pregnant! Ugh.
#429 of 445 Old 10-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Selesai, I started charting before my mirena was removed and it did take several weeks before I ovulated. I'll try and figure out how to post a link to the chart if you're interested, but it sounds pretty common from other people's experiences.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#430 of 445 Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 PM

I'll be back for personals later, but I have a question for you all:

Does anyone know of or have a good template or list of good ways to help a mom once the babies come? I have a friend expecting triplets in March, and she is getting lots of offers to help, but nothing specific. I was going to help her create a sheet of all the possible help she might need that she can hand out to potential helpers and let them choose what they can do from the list. But I thought I'd check here (and also the multiples thread) to see if anyone already has or has seen such a sheet.
*If you haven't seen such a sheet, but have a good idea for me to put on the sheet if I end up having to create something from scratch, please feel free to share that too!
#431 of 445 Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Emily, I love that idea and it would be great for us to use with the NCT. I haven't got such a list, but if you do it can I have a copy please?

#432 of 445 Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 PM

We're in Central PA. It's cold. :

Things to do for new/on bedrest moms:

1. Remember older kids. If this is your friend's first pregnancy, obviously not applicable but if it isn't she's going to have a kid who wants/needs special attention and isn't going to be getting any, probably for several months. Someone who would be willing to volunteer 2 hours at a time to do things with the older child (read a book, go to the park, etc) would be helpful.

2. Laundry. She'll have tons, and it's fairly easy for people to help out.

3. Food. Grocery shopping, cooking & freezing meals in advance, etc. It's helpful to everyone, but would be an absolute necessity with triplets. Don't forget snacks for hungry breastfeeding mammas & older kids.

4. Breastfeeding support. Someone fairly knowledgable about preemies/smaller babies (like a lactation consultant) would be ideal. Of course, not everyone is going to be an experienced breastfeeder, so anyone who comes in to help needs to know what they can do to support nursing (i.e. preparing stored breastmilk for babies, proper cleaning & storage of breastpump & bottles, etc). Part of this is ensuring that diapers & bottles fed to babies are all documented. With one baby and one person doing most of the feeding, it's easy to see who got what and whether it was enough. Toss in two more babies and several more adults and you've got a recipe for mess.

5. Time. In particular, schedule time with other people in the house so that mamma can take a shower/bath by herself. Why? I don't think I need to explain that to any of you ladies... if I do, have another baby and find out.

6. Organization. Your friend will want a big old whiteboard (and/or a notebook... but in my experience, those get lost) with the babies color-coded on it so that everyone can immediately say what they've done for whom. For example, Baby A had 3 oz of pumped breastmilk, 1.5 oz of NeoSure, and a poopy diaper at 2 p.m. If lots of people are helping, the need for such documentation (and a central, GLARINGLY OBVIOUS place to put it) becomes greater.

I've seen lists online, though. A great many of them. They're usually on websites for helping with multiples.

#433 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 02:27 AM

Oh Rynna, sending Bear good vibes, and I too hope he outgrows whatever is bothering him...

My little baby's got a junky cough and runny nose. I've been wearing him like 85% of the time. Got to take the kids Halloween candy-begging tomorrow and DH will be gone for the weekend rock climbing in the Adirondacks.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#434 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 AM
Dea

Emily, are there any mom's groups in her area? My mom's group has a sunshine committee to help out when the family is stressed (like when a baby is born). If there are some in her area perhaps she should join now to get to know everyone so they can help her out.
Also where is she, perhaps some of us are near her and can help.
As for a sheet to sign up, wouldn't just a simple excel sheet work?

AND I am so glad that tomorrow is the end of the month! We seem to get less chatty as we near the end of the month, which is logical since we are 22 pages in (21?).
YAY new thread!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#435 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 PM

Ashlee is starting to walk she took 10 steps tonight. I will get a video of her tomorrow! She has been standing then taking a bunch of steps all day. Practice makes perfect She is so funny
#436 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 04:10 PM

i figured either Ashlee or Kaia would be walking soon. dd just decided shewas going to do it one day when she was 9 months old and totally had a one track mind that day, refusing to eat, sleep, play with her toys or do anything except try to walk. by the end of the day she had it down and never crawled again.

ds1 was about the same age but went about it in a more methodical manner.

ds2 still prefers to scoot on his belly, but he is FAST and there's no keeping him out of the kitchen now, leaky refrigerator and catfood mess or not.

We still don't have a tv and i stopped watching feature length movies on the computer after he was born, but he LOVES seeing videos of his ddc buddies and i don't have the self controll to wait to click until he's asleep. oh well. all things in moderation, even moderation.

i'm looking forward to seeing Ashlee walk and GLAD IT ISN'T ME THIS TIME!!!!!!
#437 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 04:13 PM

Sniff. And here was me coming to brag about River starting to stand unassisted

Ugh. I'm still having a hard time believing the good in people. My ex is, erm, being a bit of a prat again- it appears he has messed his life up yet again, big-time - and what with all the crap with my neighbour I'm left wondering if there is any good in anyone

NOS, we x-posted. River's fast on his knees too, which is why this is kind of surprising me- he's not appearing overly frustrated, no desire to climb (which came before walking for all of mine)- so I don't get why he's bothering, frankly. Alex walked at nine months and that was hell on earth, so I could live without this.

#438 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post

GLAD IT ISN'T ME THIS TIME!!!!!!
I know what you mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Sniff. And here was me coming to brag about River starting to stand unassisted

Ugh. I'm still having a hard time believing the good in people. My ex is, erm, being a bit of a prat again- it appears he has messed his life up yet again, big-time - and what with all the crap with my neighbour I'm left wondering if there is any good in anyone
Yea Rivre!!! Sorry about your ex Helen
#439 of 445 Old 10-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Dea

YAY for River!!!
YAY for Ashlee!!!

Trixie sat up from laying down today, unassisted. She's starting to be able to pull up to a stand too. She's scooting on her bum backwards on the hardwood floors and wants to move forward on her tummy, but other than all of that I have a pretty not mobile baby. I think I'll have a late walker, which I am okay with! It's kind of funny though 'cause she was standing (assisted) at 4 months, and still is really stable while standing.

Happy Halloween everyone! My mom's group is going to have a baby parade downtown today. it's going to be fun! And so cute!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#440 of 445 Old 11-01-2008, 12:36 AM

Maybe not, Dea. My older two were really late to crawl, but pretty average for walking. Ya never know.

Sharun, my sympathies! And good job, River! Twyla's just starting to stand unassisted for a second or two. Someone tell her to stop it already.

I got my g diapers today, and so far I'm really impressed. The fit is awesome, and they look so cute! Hurray for no more diaper washing! :

Dag-nabbit- there's an ad that keeps flashing coffee beans at me while I type this. That's just friggin' wrong. I've given it up for the sake of my adrenals, and I swear I can smell those beans through my monitor. :
#441 of 445 Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 AM

Raina. They are decaff beans- would that make a difference?

Dea, late to walk is actually 18 months +, the average age is 14 months. What I found, though, is that for three of my kids the ability to get from laying flat to sitting was the critical milestone for mobility- Alex bottom-shuffled after that and walked pretty soon after, and Skye and Isaac crawled. River was the only one who got mobile before that- and yep, Skye and Isaac were both somewhere around the 8 month mark when they did this- I think it was even later for Isaac, actually.
Oh, was it here where we were having the conversation about not crawling = learning disabilities? Well, we're having Alex tested for dyslexia and that is one of the questions that they asked. So It's probably something to remember for later in life, in case you end up with a 10yo with atrocious handwriting and difficulties reading words

#442 of 445 Old 11-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
What I found, though, is that for three of my kids the ability to get from laying flat to sitting was the critical milestone for mobility
Yeah, that's how Jackson was too. He figured out how to sit up from laying down and started pulling up the same day

It's November so I am going to go start a new thread! :

here it is

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
#443 of 445 Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 PM

You know, I had a thought about Kaia walking while i was in the car Friday. I remember thinking, "I'm glad Bear isn't quite that mobile yet!" He only takes a step or two, and falls on his widdle tush again. Congrats to her, and good luck to you!

Congrats, River! : I can't believe how big our babies are getting. :

Bear is still sick and miserable. He's here whining in most pathetic fashion, poor muffin. I hate to give him tylenol every single night, but if he can't nuggle without it... He's cute, though. Super cute. I need someone to help me make a video with him, because he's a muffin. I also need to find a way to do some knitting, because Bear desperately needs hats. As for now... my back hurts, so i'm going to try to get these kids to sleep.

#444 of 445 Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Hello
I was trying to fallow but i couldn't do it well. I couldn't even reply

So how are the babies, teo is 9 months now so he is just crawling everywhere but he doesn't want to stand on his feet. Do your babies stand? At least with your help. ??
#445 of 445 Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Heh. You missed the new thread. It's an easy mistake to make. Here you be.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page