February 08 Babies October means 8 (months that is) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 445 Old 10-07-2008, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Oh no Deep breaths, and start ringing around AGAIN tomorrow. Do you know anyone IRL who would like a nannyshare?
Yup, thanks. Unfortunately, we live in the boondocks, so a nannyshare becomes a bit challenging. I'm making inquiries locally, and trying to maintain perspective. DH is very anti-daycare unless he KNOWS the person, which was the case with the situation lined up. He is extremely paranoid about abuse in a childcare setting. I think he's being a bit extreme, but am not going to push it tonight. As much as I wish i could be a SAHM, I can't allow myself to consider the possibility, because it's just not realistic.

I was looking forward to having her in daycare 2-3 days per week with a really fantastic group of kids and a fantastic provider. I was looking forward to not having to be ultra-pollyannapositive every day, and super-strong super-mom and wife 24/7, because DH is doing a great job as a SAHD but is also struggling with depression, and working helps alleviate depression for him. Which takes some pressure off me.

Rant over.

But perspective - friends of our closest friends went in for their 20-week u/s, and learned that their baby has hydrocephalus. They have no idea what happens next.

Perspective.

Sorry, y'all. I'm going to bounce off 'cause I'm just too bummed to be anything useful right now.
#122 of 445 Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM

I'm battling a sinus infection.... :tired

DD is full on crawling now. DP and I are baby proofing the downstairs tomorrow. She is almost able to pull herself up using the couch. Refuses to roll over, like if I try to assist her in rolling back to front she resists. it's kinda funny, cuz if I actually need her to stay anywhere I can just lay her on her back She gets frustrated pretty quick and really I haven't had to put her on her back for anything other than the normal clothing and diapering stuff. When your DC's get into stuff that you don't want them to, do you simply redirect or do you also add some sort of simple explaination like, "this is momma's" or ? I have been redirecting her back to appropriate play and on the floor with her alot. I've also set up a few small things that are for her to "get into". What else can I do?

I've been lurking and reading so all of you are in my thoughts with much love.
#123 of 445 Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 PM

I redirect but not with the "this is mamma's," because I cannot stand it when kids shriek "MINE!!" and are nasty about it, and I think it's a double standard. I actually have to physically restrain myself because FIL will say, "I want it!" or "That's mine!" when taking something away from the kids, and turn right around and act like it's not a valid excuse when they do the same thing to him.

Instead, I give them positives because little folks don't really grasp negatives. "Here, play with this," or "Why don't you eat the biscuit?" or "Who's my amazing flying baby?" are very effective, and the kiddo stays happy. When I'm feeling miserable, I try to foist entertainment off on another child. BooBah often does this on her own; As soon as one of her siblings seems remotely unhappy, she's there trying to distract them. Such a doll, that's why I call her BooBah. :

If you were just asking about the words... always. I'd rather talk to my babies than scream at them or ignore them or such. Even so, the words have to go along with actions in most cases. I figure it can't hurt to describe things. Remember the positive spin if nothing else-- tell them what *to* do, instead of what *not* to do. Trust me, it helps.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#124 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 08:25 AM

Quick vent...

I don't know where else to vent about this.. sorry ladies.. just need to get it out.

So I found 3 old savings bonds from when I was born 1978.... so 30 years maturing.. it turned into $462. I was excited and cashed them out. Told DH and told him I want to put $ toward a new laptop or my pre-school co-op.

His response..................

"You are beig selfish. I make thousands of dollars each month that pay bills and you get this money and want to spend it on yourself?"

He crushed my spirit.

He does not know what it is like to make none of your "own" money. We run a tight budget. But if he wants to buy a tool or soemthing... boom he buys it.. but if I want something (new curtains, new blender, swiffer...) it is like I asked for a year alone on Key West. I offered AGAIN to find a job off hours (can't put DS1 in day care - allergies) and he said that HE needed more time alone and me working would mean that he has no free time. I am getting ticked off and sick of these converstaions.

I am going to my moms today until Tues (already planned before this argument). I need to re-think lots.. Don't want to divorce... maybe separate for a few months? ? feeling poopy. can't talk more.. gotta run pre-school

Thanks for listening.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#125 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 AM

Oh Linda, that isn't fair! I totally understand you! They were your bonds right? I would see it as a gift to you if they were.
#126 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 AM

He's making thousands of dollars each month and can't buy curtains or housekeeping items? For some reason, that sends up red flags for me. Not that I'm any kind of fantastic when it comes to marriage these days, but something about that statement screams "I'm having an affair and this family is not the priority in my life right now." I'd have thrown an absolute fit. Mike's been quite amazing at being absent, but if he actually had money I didn't have to ask twice for things like that.

Sorry, perhaps I'm overly pessimistic. On the Agora list, someone posted something about how if SAHM were paid what they're worth, they'd make at least $152,000 a year. That's just your run of the mill soccer mom, and doesn't count moms who do extra stuff like care for kids with severe allergies, or homeschooling. The fact that we don't generally get paid squat, though, leads a lot of people to believe that we do what we're supposed to do, and that it's not worthwhile. So you could always tell him to start paying you what you're worth.

#127 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 10:49 AM

Linda, I'm so sorry. I think it's pretty crappy that he's always needing all this alone time and you have to leave your house with your kids regularly so he can have his time. Where's your time? Where's your kids' time with their dad? Sorry, that stuff just bugs me so I'll vent with you! I hope some time away is good for both of you and a separation isn't necessary.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#128 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 AM

I have to stuff to reply to on here but I have only a sec and need some answers...

ALLERGY QUESTION: I know we discussed before some, but I don't remember. What kind of allergy testing can I have done on a baby? Any? Do I really have to trial and error? I ask bc Lucy has another big welt on her foot that appeared this morning. It COULD be from a bug but it looks really weird. Lilli left her strawberry yogurt smoothie drink on the floor and of course Lucy got it...I picked her up as soon as I noticed and cleaned her off but I forgot to smell her mouth to see if she actually ate any. Could be unrelated, but I don't know. I don't like having to be a freak about the food the big kids are eating. I don't know if I can just sit around and wait and watch her for signs of allergies constantly!! If I have to get all the fruit out of the house...somehow I will. But I need to know....

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#129 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 AM

jezzy, your nephew is adorable! i hope his fingers heal quickly!

slgt, that really, really sucks! i hope you guys can get something equally great worked out!

gen, i hope you're feeling better today.

chery, i'm sorry you've had to deal with your husband working crazy hours too, it really does affect everyone. it was amazing having him home at 6 last night, we felt like we had all kinds of time to do things!

james is really cruising now. it's amazing how quickly they master tasks!! he's pulling up on everything and even went between chairs last night that were quite a ways apart! my gmil thinks he'll be walking by christmas, i hope not!! i've also been hearing alot of actual sounds out of him. he's said these things before but not as consistantly as the last couple days, lots of lala, baba, dadas going on. and since listening to all of you takl about your talking babies i think i've heard some too! it's easily just coincidental but i've heard several appropriate for the conversation, sounds. it's fun!

also, he's like a little treasure hunter scouring the floor for anything he can get in his mouth. it drives me crazy because even if i just swept or vaccumed he still finds things. this week i have found the following in his diaper: whole sunflower seeds, a piece of paper, hair (yuck!), and a little rock. These are just the things he hasn't digested! i keep reminding myself that linnaea just had bananas, not worms! i'm freaked about him eating something living now!! thanks carrie!

#130 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 AM

oh amy, that sucks! i wish i knew more and i've love to hear what you find out as far as testing. i'd like to have grace tested because i can't find a link with her excema. i hope it's not as severe as it seems, that will be a hard road to travel, but i've sure you'll handle it wonderfully if you have to! i bet linda will have some good info on this.

#131 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Really quickly because I have too much to do to be on the computer- Amy, the Eliza test is a blood test that has a very high accuracy rate. It detects allergies and sensitivities. We haven't done it, but know a family who did, and it changed their lives in a great way. Their son was extremely hyperactive, and after they eliminated the foods indicated by the test, he was much more calm.

Gotta run, but wanted to say that Ronan is going to be Harry Potter, and Marley Hermione. I found a cute black suit for Twyla with a glow in the dark skeleton. I love Halloween!
#132 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 01:29 PM

Helen, thanks for the empathy...I've gotten some recommendations, just had a day of feeling sorry for myself. Forward-ho!

Peace_laughing, I have this funny image of your DD stuck on her back like a turtle - poor kid!

Linda, I'm sorry about your icky interaction with your DH. I hope that you & he are able to talk about and find reconciliation to the issue.

Amy
, good luck with the allergies...sounds stressful to be worrying about.

Rynna, thanks for the reminder to use "positive distraction" rather than negative words...I was trying to be very conscious of it, but have found myself slipping when it comes to books. DD LOVES big-people books - she thinks they taste great . I've found myself starting to do an "uh-uh-uh Mama's book" rather than redirecting. Good reminder!

SarahN, James sounds like he's keeping you on your toes! I'm grateful that our little R is being a bit more textbook about going through the progression of rolling/pulling up/crawling etc., and not too mobile yet. We're not ready for a walker!

Jezzy, those pictures are intense - what a happy-looking kid, though!

With all the cute costumes, I'm thinking that we need to remember to post a Halloween costumes pictures thread when the time comes!

I think we're having a growth spurt here. I just noticed today that DD has fewer folds on her thighs. She slept 8 solid hours last night, followed by 3 hours, followed by one hour, and is now 2 hours into her morning nap - which is usually no more than an hour (typed too soon - she woke up when old dog fell up the stairs).

Still no luck with solids - she is simply not interested. Neither chunks nor puree - all soundly rejected. Sigh.

She can *almost* do a full sit-up from lying down - I found her about 85% of the way there this morning. And she's working on pushing up to a crawl position, but - oddly - only in her crib when she's falling asleep or when she wakes up in the night.

Have I mentioned how happy we are that DD is now sleeping on her belly? We all sleep so much better...
#133 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 01:32 PM

Amy, not all allergies are for life. Isaac outgrew his. It may sound truly hippy-weirdo-crunchy, but muscle testing is the only thing that picked up every single one of Isaac's allergens- blood tests and skin pricks picked up a range of the triggers, but it was kinesiology that found the missing one (corn). If you google NAET, you should come up with something near you.
Linda Go spend five dollars on something small and luxurious for you. You deserve it.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#134 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM

I"ve heard of NAET, but how does that work with an infant, exactly?

I know some allergies go away...but the fact that my mom has many of these allergies is not promising! She had always downplayed them, but I researched her reaction (drop in blood pressure, upset stomach) and that's anaphylactic. I still really hope they go away though. I'm just scared right now she's going to eat something unintentionally and have a severe reaction when I'm not paying attention, kwim? If I could at least get a good start on what she needs to avoid for now it would be helpful....

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#135 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Having trouble with computer so haven't been able to post lately...we'll see if this goes through.

Hugs to Linda and everyone with big marital and financial concerns right now!

And loving all the cute babies!

Molly is doing well, though sleep is worse than typical...I think the eye teeth are almost in and have been to blame...costume or not, we may have a little vampire for halloween, because the middle 2 teeth on top don't feel close yet
#136 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 PM

I FOUND A HOUSE WITH 1/2 ACRE! :

Urban Homesteading, here I come. :
Away goes the RV living, and in moves the goats, chickens and garden!

Linda:
I've been through a bunch of marital problems as of late, as well as financial stuff with dh... It's never fun. I give him this though, he never tries to tell me "no". He'd then be washing his OWN nasty drawers. I'm more empowered as a SAHM this go around than I EVER was with my older kids. I finally know the worth of the job.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#137 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Hi Mamas!
I love reading about the home births. Honestly my faith in myself having one has been rattled a little with Trixie's birth. I keep telling myself though that she was a fluke, I can still have one!
I'm in a similar boat Dea : I really wanted to do a home birth for my first one but was not pro-active enough in finding information and DH didn't like the idea. Now that I have found MDC and all of the lovely ladies on here I feel much more confident that I can do it . But the problem is that I sustained some pretty bad damage as a result of DD's birth - 4th degree tearing requiring about 30 or so stitches . Now, at almost 8 months pp, DH and I still haven't been able to DTD and my OB thinks I need reconstructive surgery to get rid of the excessive scar tissue that is making my life miserable. Every time I see him he tells me that I need to have a c-section next time... that makes me .

Wife & Momma to Echo 2/20/08 and HP 6/11/13
#138 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 03:14 PM

That is fantastic Julie!
#139 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 04:34 PM

yay julie!!!

i live on 3/4 of an acre and it's fabulous having space. we have a thriving garden, lots of privacy and space to play and walk outside.

hugs to the mamas having hard times with dh or sick kids or babies with allergies.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#140 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 04:37 PM

Congrats Julie!!!

echo for your birth experience!!

**Are any of you mamas from Madison, WI? I seem to remember that one of us was, but can't remember who. We will be traveleing there in a couple of weeks with DH on a business trip, and will be looking for something do to/someone to hang out with. Anyone from there?
#141 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I know some allergies go away...but the fact that my mom has many of these allergies is not promising!
All that means is that you need to be more proactive about eliminating triggers now; It DOES NOT mean that your babe is doomed to have these allergies for life. My sister has an anaphalactic reaction to peanuts and tree nuts, but she has three daughters who routinely indulge in peanut butter sandwhiches and all manner of mixed nuts. I'm allergic to sunflower seeds and Bella was, too... but no longer! She can now bathe in soaps with sunflower seed oil without breaking out in hives (I cannot say the same ). All we had to do was avoid assiduously for about a year. In other words... relax! You can actually eliminate allergies in little folks. The earlier it's caught & avoided, the better off you are.

Bear is feeling a bit better today. His ears are healing, and his fever has peaked at fairly low levels. Now he needs to stay healthy for the next seven weeks... : If he can pull that off, we might avoid the immunology workup. If not, a full immunology workup is next on the list of things to do. Oh, and he sees the PGI on the 27th, don't know if I mentioned that-- hopefully he'll have some thoughts on the poops.

I.... am fasting for Yom Kippur for the first time in like, seven years. Did you know that Shalom Sesame revolves around food? I've seen 20 pickles baked into 20 slices of pickle pie, and right now Cookie Monster is singing about healthy foods... : Oh, wait-- here's Nell Carter holding letter pey for pita-- a pita full of falafel (which also starts with pay. : Only a few hours in, and I'm thinking about food. Ah, well. I'll survive.

#142 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM

Thanks for the hugs ladies.

LONG... just skip reading it... I just needed to type this out!!

I just didn't know who to vent to. IRL friends don't get it... and family.. I just don't like to "go there" with family..

In DHs defense, he pays for everything. Mortgage, insurance (car, health, life, home...), food, house repairs, cell phone, my student loans (currently 58k)etc etc etc... we have a tight budget mostly due to debt. But he freaks out when I want to buy something. It just sucks. His dad doesn't help. His dad taught DS1 that the hosue we live in is "dad's house"... FIL is a major problem. FIL drills it into DHs head that I am just sucking up all the money. It is like if I go food shopping then it is my fault that we spent so much at shaws... so for a while I made him do all the shopping, so when he reviewd the credit card statements couldn't say "what did YOU buy at grocery store!" But I like going grocery shopping, it is an outing during the week.

DHs need for time alone is getting ridiculous.. he works 40 hrs a week and has a business at home, and I know he needs to put time into it, he also has some other projects (hobbies) that he needs to do. But freaks out if I need him to distract the boys for 30 min so I can sew a hand puppet! I think he regrets having kids. I really do. It hurts to admit it. When he does spend time with the boys it is real good fun. but getting DH to that point is getting too tough. Like we went apple picking on Saturday and it was like "this is a waste of time, I could be working.." ... So I said "you need to work on loving your boys". And he goes on and on about how he is trying to make money so that we can have a successful home business. Which I understand, but he is missing out on the boys because he is so involved with other stuff. argh.

I am still just unsure what to do or say next. being at my moms will help me clear my head.

Thanks ladies.. sorry again for venting.. just need it out.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#143 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 PM

Linda, and :

Sounds like you are being super thoughtful in your approach (having him do the shopping).

My DH has his moments too but once I call him on it he snaps out of it. Sounds like you have it much tougher especially with that FIL! grrr.

Thinking about you and glad that you have your Mom to go be with and enjoy- my Mom is coming Nov 1- i can't wait. She likes to do all the little things with me that DH doesn't jump at the way she does.

Wishing you the best.
#144 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
All that means is that you need to be more proactive about eliminating triggers now; It DOES NOT mean that your babe is doomed to have these allergies for life. My sister has an anaphalactic reaction to peanuts and tree nuts, but she has three daughters who routinely indulge in peanut butter sandwhiches and all manner of mixed nuts. I'm allergic to sunflower seeds and Bella was, too... but no longer! She can now bathe in soaps with sunflower seed oil without breaking out in hives (I cannot say the same ). All we had to do was avoid assiduously for about a year. In other words... relax! You can actually eliminate allergies in little folks. The earlier it's caught & avoided, the better off you are.
Thanks Rynna. I know this is true, my friend's DD had a bad allergy to soy that is now dissipating. Now I just need to find all Lucy's the triggers! We have canteloupe, pears, and strawberries...basically everything she's eaten LOL. No, she was fine with my teething biscuits...oats, rice, maple syrup are all OK LOL. I hope Bear is feeling better soon.

Lincap -- Big . Don't have any advice, just offering support.

#145 of 445 Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 PM

Quickly cuz I'm chasing DD also....

She just started yesterday with the hardcore teething on her uppers. I can see one of her front teeth is already breaking through the gum. : Last night hardly anyone of us slept between me coughing and DD sleeping lightly and occasionally crying.....

So what do you do for a runny nose in a babe the age of our LO's? I know that it is most likely related to her teething and that she hasn't caught my sinus infection (DP tried to say that last night and I shut him down with "babies don't have sinuses" ). I've been squirting saline drops in her nose a few times a day. It is runny and clear. Her nose is also getting tender so I've been putting calendula cream on it to help soothe that. I know BM is a common remedy, but I shouldn't have to go there with you ladies, so what are my other options? I can't believe it. DD is doing remarkably well given that her teething seems to be going non-stop these past couple weeks. She is fussier than her normal self and has gotten into crying jags that last for a long time. But mostly she is still her normal self, funny, smiling and stuff. I thank the gods all the time that they gave me this precious LO.

Thanks for the suggestions Rynna. I am glad you mentioned the part about possession. I am going to change tactics because I don't want to have to confront possession/sharing with lots of history built up behind it.

slgt - It's funny you mentioned turtle cuz I've been using that as one of my nicknames for DD cuz she does look like a turtle on her back. She holds her head up and sticks her legs straight out, kicks and stuff. It's either that or a killer yoga pose to strengthen her abs. She is a funny one!

I'd do more personals but I'm still under the weather but improving. I've read everything and send love and support to you all as you deal with allergies, silly boys (DH/DP), and fussy/moving/sick LO's.
#146 of 445 Old 10-09-2008, 03:12 AM

i've been having dh issues too.... but i think i'll elaborate elsewhere (wink wink)...

linnaea too has a top tooth coming in, she was up and fussy from 2-4 this morning, would fall asleep on my chest then up again. finally i gave in and gave her some baby tylenol and we went to sleep for three hours.

so, i have a confession, i think when i thought that linnaea was talking before i was talking out of my because now she is really talking. she says mama, and hi, and meh for food. but now it's really in context where before it wasn't really.

i'm totally thinking about trying ec'ing now, she is so obvious when she is going to poo, and it's expensive to dry diapers in the dryer over the winter.

she does this cute thing where she sits up on her knees and then bounces up and down. she's standing up for longer peiods by herself, and i keep thinking, "why did i worry when she wasn't rolling over?"

julie i'm so glad you got a place with some land!!! i'm so ready to get some goats and bees and do the whole cheese/soap/honey thing... somehwere... somehow... with other cool people that don't yell daily at their children or drive drunk with babies not in car seat(at 10 am)... but i digress, i'm having neighbor issues again

halloween costumes... linnaea is going to be a skunk, i bought it for lazlo it's the tom arma one and yes i'm just recycling it because it's SO cute, and i got it on ebay and i want to get my $30 worth http://www.halloweenexpress.com/tom-...3j5vg8ksqcfrn0

lazlo is going to be a chicken that my mom found at the thrift store, it has waddles and she said it's awesome cute. we're going to california for the last week in october for lazlo's birthday. i'm hoping we're going to be able to meet up with dea and trixie!

lincap your postcard is the last one i've got to send. i ran out of postcard stamps so it will be in the mail tomorrow. i've had such fun mailing these out... i'm thinking about mailing out random little gifts... does anyone else want in on my mailing list? just pm me your addy.

gen linnaea has had a runny nose too, she's at the exact same stage of teething too.

i've got nothing to add about allergies, sorry

okay, must try to put the babe back to sleep. hi to everyone i didn't mention, i'm knitting my little fingers off, AND if you like lantern moon
http://www.lanternmoon.com/
let me know because i may just have a REALLY good deal. i only have one pair on their ebony needles but i often knit things in the wrong gauge just so i can use them. it's a bummer all the x-mas toy co-ops are emptying my bank account or i'd be buying myself some nice circular rosewood needles getting ready to pause with the skirt to knit myself some leg warmers and the dog needs a sweater i just finished a shrug i've been working on for awhile so i'm all motivated again. ahhh! still typing, must go!

eh. who needs a signature?
#147 of 445 Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
I FOUND A HOUSE WITH 1/2 ACRE! :

Urban Homesteading, here I come. :
Away goes the RV living, and in moves the goats, chickens and garden!
Woo hoo! I'd kill for half an acre. We have a postage stamp sized yard- not even room for a little garden, and no sun. I love my house, though. I wish we could pick it up and move it to the country on 10 acres! Let's all just go in on 20 acres and build a community! Wouldn't that be great? We could get another place for the menfolk.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoecho1528 View Post
I sustained some pretty bad damage as a result of DD's birth - 4th degree tearing requiring about 30 or so stitches . Now, at almost 8 months pp, DH and I still haven't been able to DTD and my OB thinks I need reconstructive surgery to get rid of the excessive scar tissue that is making my life miserable. Every time I see him he tells me that I need to have a c-section next time... that makes me .
Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that. I had my first in the hospital, and ended up with some stitches (not anything as extensive as you), and we couldn't dtd for a LONG time without pain. That's so hard.

Linda, that just sucks. It sounds like your dh is being a selfish brat. I have had to deal with my share of that here, too. Men just think that the world revolves around them, and have a hard time seeing how anyone else matters as much as they do. : Maybe you could start writing a list of everything you do, everything he does, and any free time either of you get. Maybe if it's all on on paper he will recognize that the situation is unfair.

Carrie, I finally started knitting again, and those needles are making me drool! I wish I could get some, but I really have so many needles that I shouldn't get anymore unless I have a specific project for them. Right now I'm knitting Gryffindor scarves for my kids' Halloween costumes.

I started teaching a class at church last night that is really cool. It's called Rise Up and Call Her Name. It's about feminine deities around the world. It's going to be fun, but I always commit to doing too much for the church. I'm doing this class, heading up Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, and organizing a sleepover for all the elementary aged kids this month. : Oh, and I'm still leading the youth group.

I am really proud of myself because I finally told the other Leaders in our LLL group that I don't want to lead meetings anymore. At least not right now. Our meetings are at 9:30am, and I have to take all three kids. It's such a pain in the butt that I dread it every time. So now I'm just going to answer calls and emails, which is way more my speed right now.

Okay, time for more coffee and a slice of curried pumpkin bread. Sorry, Rynna!
#148 of 445 Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM

Linda... as much as I *despise* him in general, you should really watch an episode or two of Dr. Phil. It seems like he's forever going on about men who make all the money and think that their wives should be greatful for the roof over their head and have to account for *everything* else. Single income families-- he's forever ranting about it. I actually read a chapter about this in a Christian financial counseling book. There was a guy who gave his wife 50 cents a week to buy a soda and would only give her money the next week if she brought back a crushed can. : Even the hyperChristian, "submit to your husband as though he was Jesus" folks think that crap is wrong!

Ugh. It just irritates the CRAP out of me. Mike's got faults galore, but our biggest money problem was that we never had any.

I'd like a little bit of land... land that the landlord isn't constantly spraying with vile chemicals to kill anything that might be alive back there. Sun would be nice, too. I hate this place so freaking much, and it's cold and I really have nowhere to go. I'm in a horrible ood today, just *wretched*. It's not even 10 and things have already been going wrong all freaking day. : I want to climb into a hole. And not eating when I'm miserable is hard... I mean, ice cream would make me feel better (I think we have ice cream... ).

#149 of 445 Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 AM

Carrie: Let me know when you want to come to Utah!
As far as the goats/soap/honey/communal living... I'm downs.
This 1/2 acre is ripe for organic gardening. :
As long as she said tho: Put the menfolk in the barn. They are all little kids, as far as I'm concerned, without the cheery demeanor.

I hear ya on pops missing out on the littles... It makes me sad to see that they don't see what they are missing with the little things like picking apples. My kids would LOVE that, and in return, I would love that. I've learned to go ahead and do those things.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#150 of 445 Old 10-09-2008, 12:22 PM

echoecho that must be aweful

We are having an aweful day today. Ashlee has been crying/whining all day It may be her teeth I just dont know what to do other than carry her around. She is naping even worse than usual today. Only 5 more hours and it is her bed time (that is 10 pm here) I hopethat she will sleep tonight, last night she woke up all night long

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page