completely overwhelmed - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
ltk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am having a rough day and it hasn't even started. with the 6 month old teething and the toddler jumping on my in my already minimal sleep I just feel over the edge today....with 9 hours alone w/ them, I just don't know what to do!!
#2 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 02:11 PM

I'm sorry your patience is being tried this early in the day. I hope things get better...
#3 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 02:18 PM

I have definitely btdt. There have been days when all three of us were sitting on the floor crying and I was counting minutes until dh got home.

Is a video for the toddler while the baby naps an option for you? I have done this sometimes on tough days - doesn't get me any more sleep, but it does give me a few minutes to myself, which can help me recharge enough to get through the rest of the day.

Other than that, I try to just prioritize to the max on tough days. I figure at the end of the day if the kids are clean and fed, I have done a decent job, and tomorrow is another chance.

I hope your day gets better.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#4 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 PM

We've definitely had days like this... and we do much the same as Dena...

Our kids don't watch much tv, but we haul out the videos on bad days when the distraction benefits us all.

Sometimes, on bad days I just forget about the house. We sit on the coach and read, or do puzzles at the coffee table... even in an exhausted haze I can still manage toddler puzzles.

Julie - Mom to Elizabeth (Libby) age 6, Penelope (Penny) age 5, Elliott age 29 months, and Oscar who is 1 year old!
#5 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 03:33 PM

sometimes a bath was the answer for us.

i would take my toddler and infant and we would all sit in a very warm bath-it was very relaxing for everyone!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#6 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM

This is how my day was yesterday. I find getting outside even for a short walk helps me a lot and really helps DS1. He's almost always better after some time outside. Hope your day is going better.

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page