When to try a sippy cup and what kind? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is almost 7mo and she had never had a bottle so I thought I would try bm in a sippy cup for when my mom starts to watch her if I am gone for a little while. When did you start with a sippy cup and what kind is best? She still has no teeth if that matters. She sits up no problem.

Wife to : DH and Mama to Abigail Rose 3/30/08 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 PM

My daughter rarely had bottles, and we introduced a sippy cup around 6 months. She seemed to adjust quickly to the Born Again sippy cups, with the training nipple.

I am also a lover of books reading.gif, treehugger treehugger.gif, and occasional soapbox stander! soapbox.gif

#3 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 PM

I like the Thermos Foogo sippy and straw cup. The sippy has a nice soft spout and is stainless steel. DD really took to the straw one around 10 mos. Nuby makes a good cheap bpa-free sippy too - dd liked it as well.

Kelly , mama to 4yo and 1yo ,

#4 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 PM

I second both Thermos and Nuby, though my dd seems to like the nuby better right now if she is feeding herself - the thermos one is a little heavy for her to lift still I think. She really likes the soft spout on both, though.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#5 of 7 Old 10-21-2008, 12:54 AM

I second the born again trainer. DD wouldn't take a bottle when I went back to work(5 months), but she's great with the born again. Although, it is the only one we tried.
#6 of 7 Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 AM

My Son went straight onto a straw sippy at about 6.5 months.

I've read somewhere that breastfed babies can drink out of straws quite easily (something about the kind of sucking action) and it seems to be true.

He picked it up, had a slurp and hasn't looked back since :
#7 of 7 Old 10-21-2008, 03:00 AM

We have the Born Free training cup, which is really easy for our ~9mo son. We also got a Thermos Foogo, but you have to suck pretty hard to get anything out and he hasn't quite figured it out yet. On the plus side, both are BPA-free!

Have you seen the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yet?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page