10 month old twins...naps a real challenge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2008, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Both boys co-sleep with my husband and I at night and while it can be exhausting has been working well and our boys are thriving.
My challenge is nap time. Both like to be rocked to sleep and neither like the crib (will wake up if they are put into it). They don't do well together as they tend to wake eachother up. When I am alone, I often drive them around for one nap and then for the second one, get B down on my bed (with rail...but still not as safe as I would like) and A sleeps on me. This is if A will play by himself while I get B to sleep - usually in 10 min. I have also tried putting A on a soft mat on the floor and he wakes up. This means I get nothing done and if B wakes up I have to go to him...waking up A. I should say that A's separation anxiety is through the roof..at night if I roll over to nurse his brother and he is awake he crys and gets upset I have my back to him! This has been going on for about 2 months
Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM

I appreciate your frustration. I don't know if you'll find it useful, but I can tell you what I did when my boys were ten months old. I still swaddled them at that age. For naptimes, I would sit up in my bed with my back against the headboard (actually, it was a wall, as we had no headboard.) I used the nursing pillow or proped the boys with bed pillows and nursed both together. When asleep, sometimes I moved them, and sometimes I rested too, stuck in that position.

It gets better, I promise.

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
Old 11-07-2008, 05:18 PM

Oh, and have you visited the multiples board? You might find more help there.

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 PM

Moved to life with a babe, homeof all baby day sleep threads!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 

User Tag List