I think I'm miscarrying UPDATED - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2005, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started lightly spotting yesterday, it was brown so I wasn't too worried about it. But today its become heavier and more red. I don't know if I should go to the doctor or just let it run its course, I've never had a miscarriage before. I have strong period cramps and back cramps. I'm not sure what to do right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2005, 06:23 PM

Hugs. I dont have any advice, only I am very sorry if that is the case. Maybe cross post this on the pregnancy loss board to see what advice those mamas may have.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 03-12-2005, 07:05 PM

Going to see your doctor might be a good idea. And take it easy!

So sorry this is happening to you.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:08 PM

I had a miscarriage before and it started the same way that you're describing. I seriously hope that's NOT what's happening though.

I'd suggest calling your OB ASAP and insisting on being seen. I wouldn't take chances.

{HUGS}
Old 03-12-2005, 07:21 PM

I've had a miscarriage before and it was pretty much the same thing..go see your doc please..i'm so sorry
Old 03-12-2005, 07:53 PM

I'm so sorry for you. It is my fear everyday that I will have the same thing happen. I bled with Molly at 14 weeks, luckily it was ok, but I wish you all the luck and strength.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the nice words. I called my primary care provider and was told to wait it out and go to the ER if I feel I need to. Sometimes I really hate military insurance. The bleeding has lightened a bit but I don't want to get my hopes up yet. I'm just going to take it easy.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:22 PM

put your feet up, drink some tea, relax and tell that baby to stay in there!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 03-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Wishing you all the best!!!

SAHM to my and and due in summer 2010, married to my best friend.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
That's very scary! I hope it is not a miscarriage. I bled red blood slightly heavily one whole afternoon/evening when I was 16 wks. with my son. I was so scared & crying, but it turned out fine. I hope your body is doing the same & everything will be fine. Tell that baby to stay in!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 03-13-2005, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern

put your feet up, drink some tea, relax and tell that baby to stay in there!
I agree w/ MamaFern Take care of yourself, relax, think positive thoughts, there's a possibility it's not what you think....
I have a friend who did IVF and conceived twins. She thought she was m/c and let it run its course. When she was done bleeding, she went to the OB, they did an u/s just to be sure she didn't lose just 1 babe and lo and behold, BOTH babes were FINE, 2 Let your body do its job and see what happens.
You're in my prayers

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:03 AM

I'm so sorry.. hope everything is going well for you. Don't know when you are due BUT if you are 6 weeks then an early u/s would be able to pick up the heartbeat and reassure you if everything is okay. Otherwise you could ask the dr. for a beta or hcg blood test. The numbers should be doubling every 48 hours. So, if you got one done on Monday, and then on Wed. it would give you a good idea as to how things are going. Hope it isn't a m/c... I've had 4 and the emotional toll is awful. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Suzanne~ wife to Jesse, Momma to 3

Old 03-13-2005, 02:11 AM

I've miscarried three times, and all three were accompanied by severe menstrual-like cramps (all three were at about 12 weeks). My doctor did say with one of them that the pain worried him far more than the bleeding did. I wasn't sure from your initial post if you're having a lot of pain right now or not.

I would like to say that if it is a miscarriage, the doctors really can't do much, aside from confirm that it's a miscarriage. I didn't even go to the ER with either of my second losses, as it seemed pointless to be stuck by myself on the ward when they couldn't help anyway. I made a regular doctor's appointment, told my doctor what had happened, and was sent for ultrasounds to make absolutely certain that everything had cleared. And, after all that, I had a beautiful baby girl in 2003. (So, here I'm trying to cheer you up, even though I hated it when people said things like that to me!)

GOOD LUCK!!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 AM

keep us updated momma

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 03-13-2005, 07:55 AM

How are you doing today sweety?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:42 AM

I hope everything is ok today! I'll be thinking of you!!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

I don't have much news but all your kind words are so appreciated and helpful right now. I stopped bleeding last night but when I wiped this morning there was a little blood. My cervix is low closed and firm so I hope thats a good thing. I will let you all know what happens you guys are so very nice and those that have been through more than one miscarriage I don't know how you handled it, but you must be strong women.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:04 PM

be gentle on yourself till you know whats going on. maybe your body is just trying to get you to slow down and rest a bit

Quote:

Old 03-14-2005, 06:48 AM

Just wanted to send you hugs and postitive vibes!!! I remember from embryology class that sometimes the mucus plug doesn't form completely till the end of the first tri and the blood if it is not accompanied by severe cramping is probably just from the maternal/fetal blood junction still forming and leaking out. Also I know several women who had a "period" without miscarrying while in their first tri.
Just try to relax and think the best thoughts. Our thoughts and words really do have an influence on what happens.

Keep us posted.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

I am feeling all your positive vibes and am feeling very peaceful right now. I guess whatever happens will happen and all I can do is accept it. The bleeding is lightening and turning back to brown. I took another hpt and the + showed up immediatly and is darker than the control line so I hope that is a good thing. I hope you all don't mind if I hang out here until I know for sure one way or another.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:27 PM

:
Old 03-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Hugs and kisses, I hope you are resting and not doing to much...there is some homeopathy that you can try to prevent miscarriage.

#Sabina. [Sabin]
This is a remedy useful to prevent impending abortion occurring about the third month, ushered in by the appearance of blood, which is oftentimes the first symptom; then follow pain in the small of the back, going around and through the pubes ; there are forcing and dragging pains from the sacrum to the pubes. The flow is bright red and clotted. It is useful for metritis accompanied by flooding from miscarriage. Cinamomum. Useful for abortion from a strain or misstep with profuse haemorrhage and slight pain. Arnica. Threatened miscarriage from traumatism.

#Secale. [Sec]
For miscarriage in the early months of pregnancy Secale may be the remedy, especially in feeble and cachectic women. It is useful for checking the tendency to miscarriage in the later months, when the muscular tissue of the womb is largely developed. It is indicated by frequent labor-like pains, a copious haemorrhage of black fluid blood, a wan sunken countenance, tingling and formication of the extremities and a desire for air. Hartmann recommended Secale 12.

Its worth a try, hope you are doing okay.

B
Old 03-17-2005, 12:12 PM

Is everything okay with you mommy2boys ?

Just checking in on you...

Take care,

Sarah

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM
PM
Banned

Yes, I cam to check on you too!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for checking on me. I am apparently still pregnant. The spotting has completely stopped (went from brown to red to brown again), still nausiated and still have terrible heartburn. I am waiting for my doctor to get a hold of me so I can get checked out but I am really hating the way things are run insurance wise where we are at. I took another hpt and the line showed up immediatly and was darker than control line. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and just beleiving I am pregnant unless I find out otherwise. My gut feeling is that I am still pregnant. I will let everyone know if anything changes but for now I am here.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:41 PM

Stay in, baby!!! :

By the way, how is Sade pronounced?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 03-17-2005, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Sade is pronounced with a long a and silent e, rhymes with fade jade made.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM

What a relief!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

This morning I woke up to terrible cramps and I was bleeding pretty heavy. So I went to the ER and spent nine hours there. Mostly waiting. They did my hcg levels vaginal and regular ultrasound and a pelvic exam and unfortunatly I lost the baby. I actually think I lost the baby in the waiting room at the er when I used the bathroom, I passed a larger clot that looked like a small sac and I didn't examin it but am pretty sure that was it. I've cried a lot today, but am feeling a little better. I have lots of support from friends and my dh is being super sweet. I wish all of you the best of luck with your pregnancies and hopefully none of you have the luck I had. Thanks again for all your warm thoughts and vibes.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:03 PM

So sorry for your loss. Miscarriages are so hard.

User Tag List