Names... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2005, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if others "know" their babies names... my son's name "elwynn" came to me days after i learned i was pregnant. or course i went through the process of trying other names and asking him (while in utero) but it always came back to elwynn. even after he was born i wondered for a few days if it was right, but somewhere deep in my heart i knew his name.

with this one i knew her name way before i got pregnant. it was like a spirit whispered it in my ear while i was sleeping.

just wondering if any of you feel this way

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 04:42 AM

It was like that with my son. Long before we even knew that we were having a baby boy, we were calling the baby Eli. It's so funny because I have a "Mothers-to-be" day card that my dh bought me when I was two months (8wks) and he signed it as Eli.

My Son, Elias was born that following December.

With this one, her name is Maggie. Already, when I refer to her, she's a girl and her name is always Maggie.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:54 AM

My son's name is Sebastian..it's not a name i like but for some reason i think it's a boy and that's the name that pops up

I'm hoping for a girl and her name will be Marina Faith
Old 03-13-2005, 09:47 AM

Very strangely, the names Ethan and Ellery came through very clear for me right away. My husband didn't like Ethan and so we had crossed it off our short list.

I had a friend over last night who put her hand on my belly and she said immediately "Ethan! That's Ethan in there!". She freaked me out a little. She asked if I thought I knew whether it was a boy or a girl and I told her I had no real feelings at this point and she said "If it's a girl, I feel Eliza, but I really strongly see Ethan with brown eyes and brown hair!". Then I told her my girl name. EL lery vs El iza and we were both kinda tripped out. :LOL

We will see, so far we are not finding out the sex of this baby!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

its so amazing isnt it! it gives me goosebumps. even so small these babies spirits are so big. the name my girl has told me i dont wantto share yet because ive never met anyone with it and i want to keep it for her, you know? ( im pretty sure its a her)

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 03-14-2005, 07:12 AM

I saw the name Serene online a couple of months ago and immediately latched onto it. It literally grabbed me, my attention. I knew that if I had a girl that I'd name her Serene. Funny because with my son we had a girl name picked out- Corinna Elyse - (that we still would like to use someday?) but when he was born it took about 4 days to name him we were so undecided about a boys name. Of course I'm the person who takes 6 months to name her pets just because I want to get to know them and get their name right.

Well anyway, just as I was starting to suspect I was pregnant (having some symptoms but pg test was negative) I was wandering around a bookstore and got to talking with this man who turned out to be an information psychic. He told me that I had either just conceived or was just about to and that I was going to have a girl and her name was going to begin with either an R or an S but probably more an S. I didn't say anything to him but inside I was flipping out!!! Just beamed a little and chuckled. So far in this pg I feel a very sweet serene spirit flitting in and out as her body is forming inside me. Right on!
I'll have to ask her for the middle name.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:14 AM

BTW MamaFern, what's the name that was whispered in your ear????
Old 03-14-2005, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

shhh.. its a secret!

Quote:

Old 03-14-2005, 02:06 PM

With our first baby we had a name really quickly we both felt it was a boy and just felt that it was his name which was Sade. With our second it took a little longer but after about 3 months we had a first name and had the middle a few weeks before he was born. With both boys we could never think of a girls name. None just ever felt right. With this one we thought of a girls name immediatly and feel really good about it but can't think of any boys names, so we think its a girl. The name we have picked out is Emme Dorlin. The middle name is a family name.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:17 PM

With my son, my dh and I discussed so many names that we got kind of tired of it! I wanted something a little more unique and dh had something more mainstream, biblical in his head. Plus, every name I came up with dh had an objection to.

Finally it got down to the point where we knew we were having the u/s and we wanted to be able to call the baby by his/her name from then on so we decided to have one last session. I came with my list, dh with his. We had already decided on Elise Claire for a little girl just because we loved it.

Anyways, I always loved the name Quinton, but I didn't even have it on my list because I thought dh would definitely say no. After about 15 minutes of comparing lists, dh turns to me and says, "I have always really liked the name Quinn." I was so excited. Who would have guessed? So we decided to name ds Quinton, but we do call him Quinn most of the time. From then until the u/s, i kept thinking, let it be a boy because I love that name!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:56 PM

Yes, the same thing here - our girl name (Brynn) just seemed to slam into me when I heard it, and since then there hasn't been any other consideration. It just *is*. It resonates in my heart and soul for some reason! The middle name will be Amelia, which is a combination of my name and my best friend Melia's. I hate to even tell anyone that we've chosen Brynn because I have never known of one in real life (we found the name in a book), and I don't want anyone to steal my name! :LOL

For boys, we have decided on Noah James, which I just love. It sounds sensitive and masculine at the same time, and is still relatively not over-used.

My first prenancy, I just knew I had a little girl soul, but I miscarried so I will never be 100% sure. With this one...I'm almost leaning toward saying that it feels like a boy, but it just seems so weird because all I ever see when I have daydreams about our future family is us with a little girl. And this morning I was talking to a girlfriend and said, "when he's born ....." and she said, "did you say HE?" It just came out, and after I said I was like...woah, where'd that come from!?

Have y'all seen The Baby Name Wizard? It is so much fun!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 03-17-2005, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

amy, i totally know how you feel about other people not using the name. ive never met and only heard of one other of the name i want to use so im keeping it safe till baby is born!

Quote:

Old 03-17-2005, 12:26 AM

I can't think of names... after two previous miscarriages, I'm afraid to get too attached to this one until I know it's going to stick. I don't want to jinx anything.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:42 AM

OK, I have read this thread with interest. I have never been a very spiritual person, relying more on the concrete to get me through life. But I am really trying to make a peaceful connection with this baby, since I feel it is important in my journey to homebirth. I need to learn to trust my body and my baby throughout pregnancy in order to trust my birth.

So every night when I climb into bed, I have a few minutes where I just bond with the baby. Try not to think of anything else. I have also been trying to think of a fetus-name. Not necessarily a real name, just something to call this one til he/she comes (I hate "IT"). Last night, while laying in bed, the name Morgan just came to me, clear as day. I don't know anyone close to me named Morgan. I never considered it as a name. But all of sudden I was taken over by this feeling that this baby wants to be called Morgan. For someone like me, this was a crazy feeling! DH would think I was nuts if I told him, so I think I might just keep it to myself (and you guys :LOL ).

And of course, Morgan is a non-gendered name, so it works since I don't plan to find out. As to whether I use that in his/her real name, we'll have to see.

Anyway, I just had to share. I never really beleived in the idea of having a psychic connection with the baby's spirit, but maybe even an old cynic like me can come around.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 03-17-2005, 12:28 PM

Jenn, that gave me goose-bumps! My best friend had a similar experience with her son, Lucas. She said it's not like *she* chose the name, it was more like someone told her that's what it was. I believe in the spiritual/psychic connection, definitely.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .

User Tag List