My intro: Can't believe I'm here. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-13-2005, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

It looks like I'm joining you. I'm kind of in a state of shock about it.
I wasn't TTC, but all of a sudden last week coffee just stopped sounding interesting to me, so I started to wonder. I had an old pregnancy test sitting around, so I used it last night, and got one line. Then, about half an hour ago, I got out the trash, and noticed that there were now two lines. I about fell over from shock.

I am feeling a lot of anxiety about being pregnant right now. While I wanted to TTC eventually, this is early than I expected. I wanted my kids to be further apart in age than this. And I feel so unprepared. The last time I got pregnant, I had researched compulsively ahead of time, and this time I haven't done anything to prepare. I live in a new area and don't have a midwife here. And I'm not sure what to do about work -- November falls in a bad time in the school year. I hate to sit out the whole semester for that.

I also have two previous miscarriages, and I'm nervious I'll have another.

Oh, and apparently I was pregnant when I gave blood last week.

Despite all my misgivings, I feel excited about this. But oh so nervous.
#2 of 4 Old 03-13-2005, 11:58 AM

Hi! Congratulations I too had a m/c not too long ago and i'm also very nervous about this pregnancy, especially since i don't have any symptoms..anyway..that was a downer..lol..welcome aboard and have a happy healthy 9 mos
#3 of 4 Old 03-13-2005, 01:59 PM

Welcome Hypatia! DH and I are worried about the fact that November falls in the middle of the semester as well! Are you a teacher, or a student? I'm both -- a grad student who was planning to TA next semester... so I'm really not sure what I'm going to do now! Still, I sure things will work out, despite the less than Ideal timing, and I'll be thinking very sticky thoughts for you!
#4 of 4 Old 03-13-2005, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Belleweather,

I read in the other thread that you are in law school -- I was in law school when I had my first (October of my 3rd year). Now, however, I'm an adjunct instructor at a local community college.

I would be happy to chat with you about having a baby in law school -- for me, it worked out great to have a baby then. Third year is sort of a lost year, anyway. I think that TAing with a new baby might be hard.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page