Weekly chit chat - 3/14/05 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On other boards, they start a thread for little chit chatty stuff that we can share. Things that are maybe not threadworthy in and of itself. Like how are you feeling this week, did you tell anyone new, have an appt, etc. What do y'all think?

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#2 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

OK, so I am here to officially admit my transgression. I dont know what came over me. I went to ebay to look for cheap maternity clothes. I saw this great lot of NWT clothes in 1X/2X. They were very cute and finding cute, plus sized maternity clothes is not easy. Heck, finding ugly plus sized maternity clothes was not easy last time.

So I am IMing my best friend in CA, sent her the link. She loved the items, too. She told me to bid. It was $150, which I thought was a good deal for 12 new items. (Work clothes, too.) DH was busy putting DS to bed, there was only 2 mins left and I thought for sure someone would have a proxy bid in higher than the $150, so on impulse, I bid. Yikes, I won.

Now I just have to fess up to DH. Normally I wouldn't make a big purchase like that without consulting him, I just had a moment of impulse and feel terribly guilty. But it's not like I'm not going to wear them right? LOL.

Anyway, that's my big news this week. Wish me luck in confession.

#3 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 10:41 AM

I confess I went to the consignment shop and bought 2 pairs of pants and 2 tops last week. Over the weekend, I bought some "no panel" jeans and khakis. I spent about $80 that we don't have right now on stuff that really doesn't fit me. Although the no panels have adjustable waistbands, the smallest still is too big. This is my 5th baby and my belly knows the drill. My waist is already thickening up and I can't button most of my other pants. I have 2 pairs of jeans that fit but they are low rise. : I just hate this in between stage.
#4 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 AM
PM
Banned

I'm going nuts between the sleepiness, unschooling my almost 5 year-old, and dealing with her impatience for our trip home to Paris on Friday. I am soooooooooooo ready to get out of this place. I am so excited that I'm pregnant because now I can leave this place in 5 months and never come back! It's been a very wonderful experience, but this third year is draaagggging on so bad!

It only made things worse to spend yesterday surfing around for ideas on where to take my dd while in Paris; there are so many things to do there! It makes staying here where there is NOthing to do so much harder!
#5 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 12:00 PM

Hey ladies,
I like chitchat. How exciting to read about traveling 'home' to Paris and the confessions of early shoppers!

I have far more mundane chitchat--I am sleep deprived this am bc DD decided at 1:30 that she didn't need more rest... I was up with her until 5, when I had to give up on the constant nursing and reciting of "Big Red Barn" her favorite book. I am not please to admit it, but I finally plunked her down in her bed, reviewed all the wonderful things we had just spent the hours doing (backrub, toast, stories, nursing and nursing and nursing) and then left her to fuss I think it took about 4 minutes and she was asleep, so I don't feel terrible. She is usually a great sleeper so these nights don't happen too often, thankfully. My plan today is to lay low and nap when she does--I might even try that every day for the next nine months!

I don't know about you all, but so far time related to this pg is dragging!!! Any tips on occupying myself until May, when I plan on telling people? I think I must need a project...seems like I had several to work on when I was pg w/dd--we moved and I had to sell one house and set up another.

well hope everyone has a great week!
heather
#6 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 12:21 PM

Well, I'm sitting here with dd asleep on my lap because she now fears the crib! (Thanks to my sleep deprived hissy fit last night where I was yelling at dh about not helping me at night.)

I have my first dr's appointment on Wednesday ... I'm not sure how he'll react when he finds out I'm still breastfeeding. And if he has a problem, I'm going to have to find a new ob/gyn.

Hope everyone has a good week!
#7 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 03:28 PM

Well i just got back from my first ob appt and they didn't do hcg numbers so they can't tell me what they are and also my uterus measured 8 wks instead of 5..oh boy..they're going to schedule an u/s to see how far along i am..i don't remember when my last af was..they also took blood for an hiv test..it's going to be a long week to find out
#8 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM

good! People I can talk to, without having anything worthwhile to say! I have been so sick/tired this past week, I have barely gotten off the couch. I feel like a pretty lame mom. Molly has watched more tv this past week than in her whole life! The problem is, whenever I get up too fast or move around too much, I throw up. So, I'm parked on the couch for the next 5 weeks. BORING!

I haven't put on real pants for two weeks, opting for workout pants, but I know none of them fit anyway. It seems like this time, my body went "oh, yeah" and I was instantly sick and big. I'm trying to wait untill 12 weeks before I pull out the maternity, we shall see.

Are poopy diapers grossing anyone else out? They are just about unbearable to me. Oh how I wish she'd use the potty!
#9 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 05:58 PM

This thread is definatly a good idea. Has anyone noticed that when we post in here our post count doesn't go up? I wonder why that is. I'm not showing yet but didn't show until 7 months with my first and 5 months with my second. I have been drooling over slings and bought my first cloth diaper today (a kissaluv 0).
#10 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 06:02 PM

yes. poopy diapers gross me out!

im not so much sick, but i am tired...

im at my moms right now, getting ready to go see another mdc momma who is having a baby blessing. she lives a ferry boat ride away and its warm and lovely today. i perfct day for an adventure.. except that i had a dream last night that i was on a boat and it sunk..and i couldnt find elwynn anywhere. it was scary!

im impatient to be big and pregnant. the first few weeks seem to drag on. i cant gush about it to anyone and i dont look pregnant, maybe just a bit bloated :LOL but anyways, inside im delighted. but i feel like i want to celebrate. at least i have MDC!

i ordered some sweet NB diapers from the trading post the other day, so ill be excited to open the packages when i get back home wednesday. i didnt have NB diapers for elwynn because i had a diaper service, so its kinda fun finding sweet little ones. i know its early but i cant help it!! it helps my reafirm that this is what i want and no one can tell me otherwise (unsupporive family and all)

otherwise i dont have much to compalin about. i get moments of mild queeziness but its not nearly as bad as with my first ( knock on wood)

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 06:35 PM

I hate mondays!

I always have so much to do! I went to have my bloodwork done today, I have thyroid disease, but the wait would be 1 1/2 hours! So, i will either go back this afternoon or tomorrow...
#12 of 30 Old 03-14-2005, 08:49 PM

I posted a bit about myself on the Intro. thread...still feel sorta weird posting here (don't know why. I have issues :LOL ), but trying to jump in...

DH is away for work for at least 2 weeks...so I'm home alone, which makes me obsess about things, so I'm trying to busy myself with other stuff til I see him again....

things are starting to finally sink in for me & I am starting to get excited...it helps a lot that DH is just thrilled with this pregnancy. He keeps me grounded when I start with all the "what ifs", yk?

I admit to browsing for maternity clothes, too (haven't bought any yet, though!)....trying to show restraint for all-things baby for a little while longer!

have a good week, everyone!
#13 of 30 Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 AM

It's really the morning diapers that are getting me - dd is teething and the smell of ammonia is overpowering. I really thought I would be sick this morning.

We also have a rat in our garage, and that's where all of my popsicles are (in the chest freezer). So I can't get one until dh gets home this evening - cuz I'm afraid of the rat coming out and attacking my ankle : .
#14 of 30 Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM

poopy diapers, I am so glad ds is potty trained, that might be more than I can handle. I have a hard enough time just doing the dishes. I'm ashamed to admit that I have thrown out a chuncky sippy cup because if I would have opened it I would have lost it.
#15 of 30 Old 03-15-2005, 01:24 PM

Yesterday, I threw up because I had to slice some cheese for dd. Who knows why that was so offensive I did manage to hold it together for the poopy diaper change by tying my sweatshirt up over my nose. dd thought it was hilarious! Ah the joys of pregnancy.

Today I actually feel pretty good, which is of course scaring me. I shouldn't feel good yet. If I wasn't worried about something, I don't know what I'd do with myself. I can't wait to be 16 weeks. Ah, only 9 more weeks to go!
#16 of 30 Old 03-15-2005, 01:31 PM

Hi everybody

Let's see, I'm about 5 weeks and no real symptoms. I've been a little quesey once or twice brought on by the smell of grease, but that's about it for symtoms. But I didn't have anything with my son, until the horrible heartburn/reflux in the last two months. It's hard shoving a 21" baby into a 5'3" frame. LOL

I haven't bought anything just yet, but I'm watching a very basic serger machine on ebay. And I've looked at patterns. We won't know what we're having until s/he is here, but if it's a girl I'm spending my FMLA leave sewing.

Wow, I'm so sorry for you mommies that are still having to deal with diapers. I probably would be ALOT more quesey then.

I'm glad this is here...look forward to getting to know you all over the next 8-9 months.

Ana
#17 of 30 Old 03-15-2005, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagen
If I wasn't worried about something, I don't know what I'd do with myself.
sigh. me, too. It's just in my nature to worry. I think that's what scares me the most about motherhood in general: neverending worry.

well, I broke down and bought a few baby things. 3 board books (you can never have too many books, right?!) and an itty-bitty pair of socks. couldn't resist. But why is it so hard to find nice, unisex baby stuff? It's all so.....so cutesy, ykwim? I mean, I'm all for cute, but everything is so busy with patterns, logos, characters, etc. blech.

off to relax a bit with a mug of tea...have a good night, all!
#18 of 30 Old 03-16-2005, 12:57 AM

I'm smiling at the $150 ebay purchase - I promise you, that could easily be me!! I've resisted maternity clothes shopping so far (this is my first baby, so hopefully I won't need them for a while) but I don't think I'll be able to hold out much longer and DH is not going to be so pleased

I did get some fun news last night, my oldest girlfriend (we've been friends since first grade!) called me to announce that she and her husband are pregnant with their third! I'm thrilled to be able to be going through this with her at the same time - she's shared so much else of my life, it's great to be able to share this too. Her due date is 2 weeks before mine.

I am anxious for my first doctor's appointment - I will feel much better once I've seen a heart beat. I don't know when they can do that, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be at that first visit (I'll be 6+ weeks by then).

I'm also having much trouble concentrating at work - I won't be telling work for a while, but it's hard to focus! It's amazing to me that everyone else can focus on such mundane things when all I can think about is this baby!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

SAHM to my and and due in summer 2010, married to my best friend.
#19 of 30 Old 03-16-2005, 01:14 AM

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I am 5 weeks now. I have had 2 blood draws so far and everything looks good. My progesterone is 22.9 and my hCG jumped from 147 to 1638. I get my blood drawn next week again and then on the 28th I get an ultrasound. I am very excited. I told my husband that this one feels like a keeper. I am feeling a bit queasy and I am very tired but I can't tell if I'm tired because of the pregnancy or because I work full time and go to school full time. I think it might be a combonation of the two.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#20 of 30 Old 03-16-2005, 05:15 PM

I went into Once Upon a Child today (it was right next to the other store I was actually going into) and was so happy to find they have gently used maternity clothes for SO CHEAP! My goodness, I could outfit myself there for $100. I wanted to buy a few things but I am only 4 weeks and figured I could probably hold out a while longer. Hee! :LOL It's so hard to resist though.

I have my first appointment on 3/30, at which time we'll schedule an early ultrasound for around 4/15, just to be sure there is a heartbeat. After the m/c last year, I am going to need a bit more reassurance that all is progressing normally.

I don't really have any symptoms yet (except for this damn headache today) but it's still really early. A little breast tenderness but nothing much else to speak of.

I'm about to head over to E-bay too, see what trouble I can get into.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#21 of 30 Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 PM

OK, here's my whine for today:

dd is sick with a wicked virus, cough, high fever, and judging by her cousins, it will last 5 to 7 days. I'm exhausted!!! She can't sleep of course, because she's so uncomfortable. Last night from about 1 to 5 she actually slept, glued to me, coughing, but at least she slept! So, now of course even more than just the preg. tired, I have had like no sleep, and am just waiting for my turn with this virus! Like I said, whine, whine, whine! Thankfully dh could stay home to help.

So, that's how I am today, how about everyone else?
#22 of 30 Old 03-17-2005, 02:00 PM
PM
Banned

Oh, that is so rough! I don't think I would deal well with that. I hope she feels better soon, and that you don't catch anything.

I'm tired. We're leaving in the middle of the night to fly to Paris, and I've had to sorta clean this place up pretty well (been neglecting due to nausea) because landlady will be here washing windows (if not downright living here!). I still need to pack and it's 10 pm here (as you all are just waking up!).

Dd's having trouble falling asleep, too, poor thing. She's so excited. Thought we were moving back to Paris! Had to explain that one to her.
#23 of 30 Old 03-17-2005, 03:41 PM

we just got home from a few days away.. we went to a friends blessingway ( she is 38 weeks) it was really great. it reminded me of the blessingway i had when i was pregnant with elwynn.

im feeling kinda yucky today. i didnt want to get out of bed, but i was hungry so i did.. now im at the library because its the only place with a computer that i can use till i move april 1st..

i got a bunch of books from the library last night and read all about what is happeing to my body and the baby.. its so crazy. ive done this before but it all feels new to me. its fun and exciting!

hope you all have a nice day!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#24 of 30 Old 03-17-2005, 03:50 PM

Anybody else have any wierd trips to the grocery store recently? When I was walking through the grocery today, I felt like I was there for the first time. As I walked through each aisle, I tried to intuit about each item: will I have a craving for this? Will this make me retch when I get home and see it in the refrigerator? Even though my nausea has dissipated over the past couple of days, I got almost entirely different food than I usually get.
#25 of 30 Old 03-18-2005, 09:49 AM

I haven't had any unusual cravings yet, but during my last pregnancy I craved Pringles like mad! Oh, that and watermelon. It was comical how much watermelon I could eat in one day!

I was just online checking to see if it is safe to use benzoyl peroxide during pregnancy (it's not, dammit! ) and I found this interesting site and thought it was worth sharing.

#26 of 30 Old 03-18-2005, 11:53 AM

Thanks for posting that site! I have friends that have referred to it in the past, but I couldn't find it when I was looking for it. I've got it bookmarked now .

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#27 of 30 Old 03-18-2005, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Well, after this week, I needed a pick me up. Argh. Work is killing me. Its has been such a loooong week. I work in the state senate budget office and we are finalizing the 06 budget this week. Long hours, lots of stress. It should all be over by Thursday, but I'm not sure if I can make it that long.

All day I have had this shooting pain in my calf, making me stress that it is a blood clot or something. I'm trying not to be a hypocondraic, but my nurse friend had me all stressed about DVT a few months ago. Oy.

I'm home from work and my boss is IMing me asking for reports that I do not have ready. DH is off playing poker. It was my turn to go play, but I had to send him instead since I have to be on call for work, and I'm too tired to stay awake for the whole tourney. Oh. and DS is fighting sleep like crazy!

And I had to move my MW appt back a week because there is no way I can get off work next Tuesday.

But on the plus side...I recieved my box of maternity clothes that I bought off of ebay (mentioned in the 2nd thread). I love it! It is all so cute! Nothing like the blah stuff I had 5 years ago. Trendy and it all fits. I cant wait to wear it, even though I *know* I will be sick of it all after a few months! :LOL But definitely a good deal. For $160 with shipping, I got a pair of nice black pants, jeans, capris, shorts and 6-7 shirts, some dressy, some casual. All NWT!

Anyway, those are my (mostly) whiney thoughts...

#28 of 30 Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 AM

just enjoying a relaxing weekend here...last night went to a local Italian restuarant with the in-laws (since I was craving vegetable lasagna!).

Trying to figure out what to do about my first doctor/midwife appt....we may be moving out of state (for DH's job) but won't know for another week or 2 for sure. I'm only 7 weeks, so I guess it's not that big of a deal to wait until we know for sure, but....

feeling pretty good--was a little queasy a few days last week, which is hard to deal with at work. There is absolutely no privacy there (all our desks are in one big room: not even cubicles!). I bet munching on dry cereal to keep from vomiting 20 minutes before lunch is gonna give me away! :LOL
#29 of 30 Old 03-20-2005, 11:25 AM

We might be moving!! We are currently renting because we know we'll only be here in Ohio for another two years, and our house now is very cramped and I had a minor flip-out last week trying to figure out where we're going to fit all of the new stuff for the baby. There is a cool little village about 10 minutes away where all of the hippies in Ohio live, it seems, so we went over yesterday and found the most adorable rental house! It looks like a farm house, with the tin roof and big front porch, and it seems like it would have *plenty* of space for us and the new babe! We haven't heard back from the real estate agent yet, but we're hoping to look at it today or tomorrow before DH leaves town for 3 weeks. We're keeping our fingers crossed!

I just really think our quality of life would improve so much if we moved. This town is so wonderful! We'd be walking distance to a state park, a few great restaurants, book stores, alternative healing centers, an independent/art movie theater, a library (very small, but still), the la leche league meeting with all of the cool moms, and the organic market! We'd also be right down the street from the rails-to-trails trail! Right now we're just living in this lame 1940s subdivision with cookie-cutter brick ranch homes, in a tiny town with nothing but a Subway and two drugstores. It's depressing!

So please send out any extra positive vibes for us! :

#30 of 30 Old 03-20-2005, 12:44 PM

Is this the last day of the week or the first day of the next weeks chat?

Well I have been reading all your posts here, kinda encouraged that all of us have our struggles and stuff to whine about because it makes me feel like I am not the only one.
Here's my whines for the week.
This past week I have been losing my energy and now it is to the point where when I wake up from napping with the baby I feel like I have been drugged and I spend the rest of my day wandering aimlessly around. My husband has to do the majority of the cooking because if I do it tastes gross and I can't eat it. So we made a deal that he'll cook if I clean up ... and he's got the good end of the deal b/c he makes a MESS when he cooks. But at least he's a good cook.
Yesterday and today I felt especially yucky in the morning. I think our fridge is going out ... everything inside is still cool but not cold. I'm thirsty all the time but for some reason drinking water grosses me out and I know that juice has too much sugar to rely on for liquids.
Baby is teething and whining and making me especially sore when he nurses. Dh is trying to be understanding but his patience is running thin.

So for the good news, I am graduating from chiropractic college on Saturday the 26th... that's less than a week away. : : I'M FINALLY GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!!!
I am very happy that I am finally done. Not exactly looking forward to all the family showing up for next weekend though. There is always some situation that happens. Well, considering I do not particularly like my parents and they feel that they have the right to treat me like garbage... well that about sums up the relationship there. I hope they will be distracted by the grandchildren and other family and that I won't have to talk to them much. My husband already informed me that he is not speaking to them either until certain issues are cleared up... which won't happen because we have tried to confront them and they are so self-righteous they think that there is nothing that they could ever do wrong... that their supposed love for us is enough to cover any wrong that we think they could do. Yeah, my therapist has a field day with this one.
Well, ds is up from his nap, I'm gonna try and take him to the park.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page