Trouble with FRER? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-14-2005, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I almost hesitate to post because I am incredibly superstitious and afraid if I acknowledge it, it might go away :LOL... but I got BFP's yesterday with Answer and Fact Plus. I've been getting lines so faint you have to tilt it in the light to see with FRER - so faint you REALLY think you're making it up. Then I tested again with FRER and first morning pee this morning (the third one in the box, yep, testaholic ) and can't even get a second line (going to go check back on it in a minute).

I'm stalking a dr's office to get in for a blood test today but this is kinda bugging me.
#2 of 7 Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 AM

Ooooo.... Julia!!! I don't have any words of wisdom , just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hoping it goes the way you want it to When I first tested at 10dpo I got a REALLY faint line. I actually thought I was seeing things and kept rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn't making it up. But then I tested a few days later and sure enough, BFP!! I don't remember what test I used though

ETA~ Maybe take pics of the tests and post them on the TTC board, they like analyzing those kinds of things

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#3 of 7 Old 03-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Don't worry about the faint lines on FRER, I've beenposting on the ttc board and a butt-load of people are posting saying that FRER has super faint lines and not to worry about it, it's just that brand. Congratulations!

i just reread your post and wanted to add that lots of people,including me, have a hard time getting a good line with FMU...try again in the mid-afternoon--don't pee for a fewhours and don't drink a lot of liquid.

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#4 of 7 Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 PM

Julia, i had no luck with that test and didn't get my bfp until I was 14 dpo and it was still a faint line. I had the best luck with answer and the clear blue easy digital test. Best of luck to you. :
#5 of 7 Old 03-15-2005, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, the FRER's maybe don't like me? :LOL I got another BFP with Fact Plus today (that makes, what, 6 so far? :LOL) and I went in this afternoon for a blood test to ease my mind. I'll get the results in the morning. :

Thanks for sharing your experiences, mamas. And big to Jenn!
#6 of 7 Old 03-15-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averymybaby
Yeah, the FRER's maybe don't like me? :LOL I got another BFP with Fact Plus today (that makes, what, 6 so far? :LOL) and I went in this afternoon for a blood test to ease my mind. I'll get the results in the morning. :

Thanks for sharing your experiences, mamas. And big to Jenn!
WHOO HOOO!!!!! Yeah Julia!!! Welcome to the November babies!!! So what does DH think of this?? Oooo...Avery gets a sibling!!!

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#7 of 7 Old 03-15-2005, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

I told DH today after I heard back about my first blood test (65! wahoo! ). He is kinda excited. We're going back in the morning for a re-check to make sure things are going up. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page