anyone gain weight yet or notice a diff. in the waist? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2005, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

um.....just wondering.......

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 09:53 AM

Girl i have gained 10 lbs already and look like i'm 4-5 mos pregnant..yikes
Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 PM

I've gained at least 5 pounds and definitely am chubbier around the waist.

(This is good - with dd I gained 10 pounds in the first 4 weeks!)
Old 03-15-2005, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

but i'm only 4 1/2 weeks along
its not much but i can definitely tell

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Old 03-15-2005, 01:00 PM

We don't have a scale so I honestly can't say if I have gained weight and I don't really want to know :LOL I have shoved my jeans to the back of the closet where they will stay for the next year and gotten out maternity clothes so they can be aired and washed. After going through clothes I have also decided I will either be wearing maternity clothes at about 2-3 months or I need to go buy some more elastic waist shorts. I was also going through the maternity clothes making a list of what all I need to buy. I spent some time looking at maternity clothes patterns Saturday and I just barely managed to stop myself from buying several.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
Old 03-15-2005, 01:32 PM

I haven't gained weight, but I have changed in shape. Just above or beside my hips bones is starting to fill in...
Old 03-15-2005, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I haven't noticed any weight gain eyt, but I'm not anticipating gaining very much. W/ DS I gained 25lbs, NONE in the first trimester. W/ this pregnancy, I'm chasing a toddler around all day, :LOL. I'm still fitting into my regular jeans, although, by the end of the day, they do feel a little snug

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:04 PM

I haven't gained yet, but I am losing my waistline rapidly! I noticed last night during sex that my belly is NOT as flat as it was, clearly a baby belly! :
Old 03-15-2005, 02:35 PM

Wow, congrats that you can stay awake for sex! I told dh to catch me in a few weeks!

My pile of "doesn't fit anymore" clothes is about three times the size of my "I can still wear " clothes, and I really trying to stay out of the full fledged maternity untill the second trimester, but we shall see!
Old 03-15-2005, 02:47 PM

No weight gain but all my jeans are starting to get a bit tighter. I was hoping to hold out a little longer.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:13 PM

6.5 lbs!!! and I can't button/zip my jeans so I do the rubberband through the loophole trick on the top button. My tops are all too short for me and yes, I've started to wear my size S maternity jeans!

Old 03-15-2005, 04:10 PM

No weight gain yet, which isn't suprizing since eating is such a bloody chore!

I defintaly had to clean out my clothes and box up everything that just wasn't going to fit anymore over the weekend... anything that's at all tight in the waist or the abdomen is already feeling awful to wear, so I'm stuck with two pairs of stretchy slacks and one pair of loose low-rise jeans... I guess it's time to start looking at maternity clothes after all.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:42 PM

I *thought* I had a weight gain...or I think I pooched out a little (maybe my first pregnancy destroyed all remaining ab muscles ) I'm cool with it - I'm underweight due to BFIng so love packing it on.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainCoastMama
I *thought* I had a weight gain...or I think I pooched out a little (maybe my first pregnancy destroyed all remaining ab muscles ) I'm cool with it - I'm underweight due to BFIng so love packing it on.

exactly
i dont mind either...i'm starting out at least 10 lbs less than b4 preg. #1 and i didnt show then till between 6 and 7 months..
i cant wait to show!
i was just surprised it's starting so early

Old 03-15-2005, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I don't think I've gained much (I don't own a scale), but my belly IS sore enough with the muscle strething mild crampy feelings that my jeans & tight things hurt! It sucks, I don't want to run out & buy maternity clothes when I'm a whole 14 days pregnant!! :LOL I've certainly gained size in the boobage area, though!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 AM

Waist--what waist??!!

Partly I am at my heaviest weight ever before even getting pregnant, so I'm starting out feeling pretty big anyway. But I did in fact have a waist as recently as this past Saturday!! Before I found out I went and bought some new clothes because I hardly had anything that fit. I bought several pairs of pants. That was on 3/1. Yesterday I wore one of them which was rather loose (too loose, in fact) in the waistband when I bought it, now it's getting a little tight!! I was hoping to blame DH for putting them on high in the dryer and shrinking them :LOL but turns out he read the care instructions and it's just my waist! I don't know if I've gained any weight and there's nothing too much going on in the belly department besides the head start I already had on a pregnant-looking belly (!) but I can tell that my waistline is rapidly disappearing and definitely my breasts are getting bigger, including the sides. I am reasonably average-tall (5'6") but I am so short waisted that there is only about an inch between the top of my hip bone and the bottom of my rib cage. So I fear there will be nowhere to go but out and I'll be big as a house in short order!! Oh well, I'm still really excited!! I'm not "dieting" or trying to lose weight, but I'm cutting all the crap out of my diet and starting to walk and exercise more, so hopefully I will be able to exchange some "pudge" for baby weight and muscle mass!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:21 AM

Okay, I'm only 5 weeks 3 days and I can barely fit into my jeans anymore! What's up with that?!?!?!

Angela
Old 03-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my jeans feel VERY tight, which actually is the culprit for any nausea i might experience...when I put on sweats I feel a lot better. I think I need to go find a pare I can wear in public :

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 PM

I haven't gained any weight yet, I don't think. But I'm sitting here w/ my pants unzipped. :LOL I really want to avoid maternity clothes for as long as possible. I was so SICK of all my maternity clothes by 7 months the last time.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:13 PM

I have gained 3 pounds and honestly I think 2 1/2 went straight to my chest. My boobs are huge and sore. I am overweight ot begin with so I hope I can keep my weight gain down and make sure the baby gets everything he needs. They always say baby take shis first and momma gets the leftovers. I just want to make sure ther aren't too many leftovers. BUt I have been ravenous these past 2 days. I don't think I stopped eating except when I was asleep or going pee the gazillion times a day I do now. Not that I'm complaining, trust me.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 PM

ive noticed that some of my pants feel pretty tight.. i dont have a scale and dont really care to weigh myself every few days.. im way less hungry than usual and then starving but i cant eat much ( is that weird?) so i dunno.. i doubt ive gained weight but i feel a little belly growing! i cant wait to have a big one!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 03-19-2005, 06:58 PM

I'm 5 weeks along and my lower belly is definitely pooching a bit. My normal jeans are tight in the waist so I've moved on to my stretchy jeans that were biggish in the waist before. I haven't dared weight myself because I tend to get neurotic about it, but I suspect I've put on water weight because I'm SO thirsty all the time! With DS I gained 50lb and had a huge belly so I expect no less
Old 03-19-2005, 07:32 PM

I havent gained any weight yet, but my pants are tighter & I feel like Im heavier
Old 03-19-2005, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
This is so wierd, I'm 4 weeks, 4 days, & my belly has totally pooched out. I can't believe it! I mean, I look pregnant! I'm normally flat bellied, AND this is my 3rd pregnancy, but wow! I was shocked when I 1st noticed it days ago. I can't wear any of my normal pants unless they're loose and the top botton's undone. I actually had to buy some maternity clothes this week (dresses so far, I'm still not big enough for full on maternity pants).

I didn't show at all until 24 weeks (!) with my dd, & then was shocked when I showed at 8 weeks with my ds, so I guess it makes sense that I'd show this early since they say everything happens sooner with subsequent pregnancies. But, wow, it's so early, I wasn't expecting this!! My partner's been teasing me & saying that it's because we're having twins. It's fabulous having a baby belly to feel already though.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 03-20-2005, 01:53 AM

Ugh. All my pants are too tight to wear without causing discomfort, but when I weigh myself I weigh the EXACT SAME, even a little LESS. so weird. My stomach is spreading on all sides, what I call the Polish Life Raft. You know, the genetics probably remember the famines and such, just trying to make sure the baby will survive. And telling me to get more potatoes and beets in my diet...mmm...in creamy dill sauce....
Old 03-20-2005, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loraeileen
. And telling me to get more potatoes and beets in my diet...mmm...in creamy dill sauce....
that sounds sooooooooooo good right now! u *do* mean all of that mixed together right?? :

edited to ask if tehre's some recipe i can try.lol

Old 03-20-2005, 02:24 AM

There is one. It's called veggie nicoise salad, but my husband and I refer to it as "that beet and potato salad." warning - it takes some prep work but it lasts for a while. mmm.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recip...recipe_id=7393

Really, the dressing is awesome.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 AM

:LOL salad.

my belly expanded as soon as i saw the second line. no lie. i'm in sweatpants right now.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:33 PM

UGH! Seriously, I'm growing out of all my bigger jeans right now. I can't button them. The maternity crap is too big though. Plus, my butt is my fine point and none of the maternity jeans enhance that!

It's too cold for skirts or dresses yet and I feel like such a frump in the lounge pants that I sleep in!!! I will be 7 weeks with #5.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:58 PM

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...maternity/5633

I found this at a local maternity store today. A little expensive, but worth it for the comfort of wearing my usual clothes and not needing to buy a new wardrobe yet. The only bad thing is that I got a size 2 instead of size 1, which is what I needed. So now I have to go back again...but it is nice that they have two sizes (for sizes below size 10, and then for 10+)

User Tag List