Where do you live? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in a Kansas-side suburb of Kansas City. I would say that natural childbirth is pretty uncommon here (I've heard epidural rates are at about 95%), but I think the hospitals in the area are great. The hospital I delivered at last time and will be at again was wonderful: rooming in was expected, every nurse who entered the room ask how breastfeeding was going and offered to help me, the LC stopped by twice in the 30 hours I was there after birth and called my house several times over the next two weeks to see how it was going for me, I didn't have to have an IV or shave or enema, no one at the delivery had to wear scrubs (DH and my sister were barefoot!), I was allowed to walk around and labor however and whereever I wanted, because of some breathing problems DS was taken to NICU for observation - but I was able to hold him first and DH was with him the whole time, no one offered me meds during labor, and fetal monitoring was done intermittently (until they found meconium when my water broke - then the monitoring was constant but of course external), and every nurse who entered my room during my whole stay made a point of telling me that she read my birth plan. The L&D room was also lovely, with wood floors, panels that the equipment hid behind, dim lights, and a big window with lovely curtains.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page