How much pain do you have in your belly area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-15-2005, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't think I'm "showing" yet, but my pants, & any other pressure on my uterine area (like carrying babies on my hip with their knee against my belly), hurt!!

Yesterday I woke up with an extreme form of paranoia. I hadn't researched my belly aches & pains very much yet & woke up with pretty bad pain on the right side. I was convinced I had an ectopic pregnancy until I was able to dart home from work & research EPs on this board (I <3 MDC).

Anyway, know I know my pains are just my muscles & ligaments stretching & my uterus growing, but I definitely have a lot of very mild aches & shooting little pains all day & night.

It's funny, with my 1st child I didn't even show at all until I was past 5 mos. along, then with my son & showed at 2 mos. I'm wondering if all this stretching & discomfort is a sign that I'm going to totally show really, really soon!

How about you all, do you feel like your whole pelvis is trying to break out or what?

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#2 of 8 Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my son I didn't start showing till I was 24 weeks and never really had any sore belly spots. I'm 5 weeks 3 days and my belly hurts and my pants are already tight. I feel pulling in my hips (especially left) and right above my pubic bone.

Angela
#3 of 8 Old 03-16-2005, 10:45 AM

I have a lot of intermittent cramping down low. It feels like mild menstrual cramps. And the occassional sharp pain on one side or another.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#4 of 8 Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 PM

if I stand up very quickly (say, to chase after my 14 month old for instance) I get a major cramp in my abdomen.
Not a whole lot of round ligament pain normally, just a fair bit of cramps.
#5 of 8 Old 03-16-2005, 05:12 PM

thankyou for posting this,with my daughter I didn't feel a whole lot and I'll be 5wks on Friday and have all sorts of pelvic tenderness,pulling,stretching, and sometimes straight up pain. I keep telling myself it's normal!

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#6 of 8 Old 03-16-2005, 11:05 PM

i dont have cramping or remember with my first, but pressure on my belly is very painful.. its very tender there, i think its very normal. there is sooo much happening there in such a small timespan.. i guess its our bodies way of saying "hey be gentle with me!"

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 8 Old 03-17-2005, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm so glad to hear I'm not entirely abnormal! The day I posted this there were all these views but no one was responding & I thought, "oh man, am I having quintuplets or something??" :LOL I couldn't figure out why I'd be the only one feeling like I'm streeetching all the time.

I don't remember having any of these pains with my other pgs either! And I'm glad to hear that you have the same tenderness that I feel, mamafern. It's very uncomfortable when my clothing presses on my belly & I end up tugging my pants out or just holding them out while I walk around. Hmm, I think I'm going to have to move into maternity clothes far sooner than I thought! I'm already firm & showing a bit! I can't believe it! Either it's because this is my 3rd pregnancy or I'm carrying half a dozen babies!

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#8 of 8 Old 03-17-2005, 08:15 AM

yeah, yesterday I had some noticeable discomfort in my lower belly, like below my navel. I am definitely showing (but unless you knew I was pg you'd think I just ate and was really bloated), and trying to sqeeze my belly into my non-maternity dress pants yesterday was not a good idea. The legs and behind fit, which is comforting, but it just made my belly all sore at the end of the day.

Because I am a chiropractor (or at least will officially/legally be one in 9 days... because I'm GRADUATING !!!! : : : ) I have to recommend that your comment that you felt like your whole pelvis was trying to break out is a telltale sign that you should go and see a chiropractor. Without examining you it's impossible to tell but you may have a shifted pubic symphysis from your previous pregnancies (I always check for that on my pregnant and post partum patients). It is caused by the slight separation of your pubic bone (during birth) not aligning properly (after birth) or could also be caused but events like falls. And if its caused by the birth process it could be silent until you get pg again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page