Had my first appointment!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-18-2005, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my appt today. I really liked this lady. She was as crunchy as I expect for an OB which is good. She is putting me on the "high risk list" but only because of my preeclampsia. She is also getting me some info on some supplements C&E she thinks, that have been shown to help preeclampsia.

No more extra monitoring unless it's indicated and no mag sulfate unless I need it!! Woo hoo! She said the hosptital doesn't have that "policy". I'm a little sore from being prodded and she did tell me I might spot after the PAP but that it was her fault and it doesn not mean anything is wrong! She was really great. She said I could have a sip or two of beer at the brew house openings and especially in the second and third trimester she has no problem with it, even up to one drink a DAY!!! I don't need that but at least I know they are comfortable with anything less than that.

I also asked about lunch meat and she said she ate it. She has *never* seen listeria and unless I am a purist, I can eat my turkey sammiches. She said fish and/or tuna once a week, which I'm not a huge fan of anyway and that was pretty much it for now.

The whole office was really nice and they only have 4 docs in the practice. She said they do cover weekends with another practice, but they have similar views on stuff and if I had a plan (I'm going to have to write a plan!) she said there would likely be no reason not to honor my wishes.

I do have an u/s appt in 4 weeks with my next visit because of the spotting, otherwise, everything is fine so far I guess. She didn't say I *wasn't* pregnant, so I guess that means she thinks I am!! :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-19-2005, 01:09 AM

Great appointment! I'm glad you've found a health care provider you really mesh with

I am excited too, I scheduled my 1st appointment and u/s today too, the u/s will be on 4/6 and the appointment on 4/7.
#3 of 4 Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 AM

Sounds like a great appt!
#4 of 4 Old 03-19-2005, 06:48 PM

Wow... I think I'm having OB envy! Good Luck, it sounds like you're off to a great start!

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page