SHould I be this tired already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am only 5w5d, and I am just beat. I went with my son to an easter egg hunt. Which means I walked around (slowly) with him for around 45 mins - during the hunt and then around the playground. I came home exhausted. Like I had to take a nap. Have barely been able to drag myself around the house to do laundry.

How am I supposed to exercise with this? I had planned all along to get back to working out as soon as work slowed down (which should be after next week). Where does anyone find the energy for that?

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 02:31 PM

Totally normal. I was completely exhausted all the time from about 6 weeks to 12 weeks. Hang in there...
#3 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 04:09 PM

The exhaustion is always my first clue that I'm pg, even before I miss a period. I spend most of the first trimester sound asleep!
#4 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Exercise definately waits until the second trimester for me. My current idea of a workout is getting out of my pajamas. : I'm like the walking dead. And please don't ask me any hard questions, like "where is the milk?". That sort of deep thought just puts me over the edge! :LOL
#5 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 05:23 PM

:yawning: pretty tired here myself

:
#6 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 05:27 PM

im with you.. this last week has been trying for me.. ive been feeling sickish and lazy. ive read 3 books and eaten hardly anything. i had to leave the house today because all i want is sushi! veggetarian.. and i usually make it myself exceopt that i havnt been able to get myself out of the house and to the grocery store.. its a long walk and im not up to it! we have no car, so we eat crackers.. :LOL i made lentil soup but i couldnt eat it after i made it. blah!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 05:32 PM

I almost fell asleep at the wheel during my 40-minute commute to work on Tuesday. It really scared me.
#8 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 05:55 PM

You're absolutely not the only one... This afternoon we had to go to target to get some larger Bras for me, since I'm growing out of my old ones. I slept until 11:00, ate some crackers and we made a quick trip to target. By the time we got home, I had to have a nap, I was so sleepy I was nodding off in the front seat.

As far as excersise regimines, I'd take it easy on yourself. I'm really amazed at how little I can do at the gym before my body just screams that it's done, but if I push it at all, I pay for it later by feeling even more sleepy and forgetful and nauseated. Take it easy on yourself until your enegry returns.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#9 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I took my son to taekwondo on Thursday & had to use every ounce of strength to not nod off while sitting on the benches watching. We got home, I nearly craaawled up the stairs, I fell directly on my bed without taking my shoes or jacket off or my cell or keys out of my pocket, and PASSED OUT. Soooooo sleeeeeepyyy. It would be helpful if I could sleep at night!!! I'm uncomfortable with leg or back pains, I'm nauseas, I pee every 82 seconds, I have to prop my boobs just right on a pillow or THEY hurt..... my body is out of control!!! :LOL

My tiredness finally hit me this week, I was reading about other's exhaustion on this board & thinking "oooh man, I hope that doesn't happen to me!!". Heh. Oh well, to hell with housecleaning!!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#10 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
The exhaustion is always my first clue that I'm pg, even before I miss a period. I spend most of the first trimester sound asleep!
Me too! I'm normally a night person, and during the first trimester I collapse into sleep at 8pm at night!

I also have had the back and leg pains Zjande mentioned, though I found that doing some yoga streching and going for a long walk helped relieve these pains a lot. I think for me the pains were partially a product of being sedentary. I wouldn't force yourself to workout, but you might find some gentle walking or yoga makes you feel better - I do.
#11 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
That's neat you mentioned it wawoof, I've been totally thinking about prenatal yoga the past couple days. I've never done yoga before, but I think I will start stretching more starting today. I do get a lot of walking & activity in at work (as a childcare provider), but I bet stretching would do me good.

Anyway, back to thinking about taking a nap. :LOL

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#12 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Im SO tired here too, but I have been forcing myself to the gym everyday even though I try to talk myself out of it daily. I take the weekends off though!
#13 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
i'm from the october board, but i wanted you to know that i was/am SO tired from like, the 4th week in...i actually remember being so tired that i took a nap at work for 3 hours in a huge rubbermaid container (i have a clothing company with my husband) full of clothes one day :LOL ...so yeah. i'm tired. if i don't get at least an hour nap a day i am walking around all groggy and dazed...

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#14 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 07:23 PM

I've been exhausted since just before I got my BFP - like I had mono or something. It's let up a bit, but not much - I feel like I'm wading through mud all the time. Doesn't help with a demanding toddler and full time job. I think I'm just getting used to it. I remember that it stopped for me around my second tri..
#15 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 08:43 PM

Tired here too! The days before I got a positive pregnancy test were actually the worst--I was at work and had to walk up and down some stairs, and I felt like I was just dragging myself around!! Every day that week I just came home and went directly to bed for a nap.

Now too I'm intermittently tired, so I'm just making a post-work snack and nap part of my daily routine! I am finding however that it is helping to eat frequent, nutritious snacks, and walk around a little more during the day when I'm feeling sleepy. (Luckily not a problem in the kind of job I have!) And of course, just taking naps and sleeping as much as I can. I just try to do the very basic minimum around the house right now and figure that taking care of myself so that I feel good and stay happy is the priority at this moment. (Easier to do because I don't have older kids to take care of, so I'm really taking advantage of the fact that this is a first pregnancy!! I know I'll never have it this easy again! )
#16 of 23 Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita
Now too I'm intermittently tired, so I'm just making a post-work snack and nap part of my daily routine!... (Easier to do because I don't have older kids to take care of, so I'm really taking advantage of the fact that this is a first pregnancy!! I know I'll never have it this easy again! )
Yes!, I was going to say before reading the end of your post: this woman obviously doesn't have children at home!

I am extremely exhausted. Exhaustion is one of the first signs of pregnancy - totally normal.
#17 of 23 Old 03-20-2005, 12:47 AM

I am exhausted too - my current rate is two naps a day (usually just 10-20 mins each), particularly if I've been out doing a lot.

However, I will say that if I go to the gym in the morning, first thing, I have a marked increase in the amount of energy for up to the next 3 hours. It's been very helpful. That, and some yoga/stretching at night in front of the TV, has really been helpful with both nausea and sleepiness. The days that I "take off" I find myself really really tired and unable to do much of anything. So maybe just a walk around the block would be nice, whatever you can do.
#18 of 23 Old 03-23-2005, 01:07 AM

Hi, I am not exhausted but I am now unable to resist DS's night time routine and am falling asleep with him at 8pm. He used to go in his crib but now it is up to DH to move him if he feels like it. I love 11 hrs of sleep. It is like taking benadryl in the afternoon. No problem going to la la land, I am having the vivid dreams again.
#19 of 23 Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 AM

I am beat too! I am glad I am not alone... Yesterday I napped on the couch when ds napped- and woke to him standing there just grinning- I begged him to let mommy sleep a few more minutes- with no luck!
I am taking B vitamins and hoping that will help with this- I have an 8.5 hour drive for Easter and am thinking I will have to break it into two days.
Em
#20 of 23 Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 AM

Loraeileen, I actually have the opposite problem - when work out, I am *exhasuted* about 2 hours later. I can't go to the gym today, so we'll see if it makes any difference.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#21 of 23 Old 03-23-2005, 01:19 PM

yep... exhaustion has hit hard here as well. that was the first clue that made me think i was pg in the first place. i've been napping while the boys nap which has been great... fall asleep early at night and wake up pretty much at the same time. i'm not getting a lot done around the house other than making sure the boys eat and we have clean diapers. i know i'll feel better again in a few weeks.. just got to... hang... in... :yawning: ...zzzz....
#22 of 23 Old 03-23-2005, 02:21 PM

I'm exhausted, too (in fact, I'm about to go take a nap while ds is down) but my sis really put it in perspective for me.

She pointed out that we are making a whole 'nother person. That's hard work. You deserve to be exhausted!
#23 of 23 Old 03-23-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyGranolaMomma
And please don't ask me any hard questions, like "where is the milk?". That sort of deep thought just puts me over the edge! :LOL
OMG! I thought it was me being stressed or something. I don't remember it with my son, but then I was completely single and didn't have any hard questions like "if so-and-sos tennis shoes don't fit him, can he give them to me?" huh... was that even English?

For months, even years, I have boughts of insomnia where I wake up at 2-3am, or just don't feel rested in the morning. But one good thing...I go to bed at 8pm and sleep very well and soundly so far. I know in months 8 or 9 that will all end...LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page