maternity clothing question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-21-2005, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I remember seeing an add for a website that you could send your favorite pants to and they would turn them into maternity pants for you...Anyone know where you can do that?

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#2 of 4 Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, I can't help you with that, but I can offer a less permanent and more cost effective solution!

The Belly Belt

I had one with ds and ended up making them for my friends because they're ridiculously simple. If you sew, all you'll need is two 15''x15'' squares of fabric, two bands of elastic (one 3'', one 5''), and a couple of buttons.
If you DON'T sew, and don't want to pay the $16 dollars, or whatever they want for them, I'd be happy to make one for you.

They work well! I remember wearing one in my pre-preggo pants at about 8 months, so disregard what they say about early - mid pregnancy.
#3 of 4 Old 03-25-2005, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sorry i haven't thanked you for this website earlier,but thanks, it's exactly what I need!

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#4 of 4 Old 03-25-2005, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey! Thanks for posting the link. I am going to make myself a couple. Just wondering about the button part, though. Do you put a button on one side and a button hole on the other side of the elastic? The pants the lady is using doesn't look like button pants. Maybe that's why I am confused?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page