I'd like to slap the nurse at doc's office - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-22-2005, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, some of you have read about my hcg levels. Last Mon=62 and Wed=84. So, they had me go in yesterday (a week from 1st test) and I am waiting for the results. I called this morning and they said they'd look it up "in a little while" and call me back. Then I was heading for town and called back to see if they had results, they said no,so I asked them to please leave me a detailed message on my phone when they did call back. So,I just got back from home and there's a messege from the nurse that says, "Hi,Sarah this is so-and-so, I need to talk to you about your lab results please call us back"

HELLO! : You don't freaking leave a messege that says "I need to talk to you" that can only be bad news and they are on their freaking 2 hour lunch break and I have to sit here and wait for them to get off their butts to tell me we're fine or we're not. ARRGGHh.

Anyway, I guess I'll let you guys know what happens.

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#2 of 6 Old 03-22-2005, 04:04 PM

Ugh. Sorry.

The two hour lunch thing can be torture when waiting for results like yours (I know, i have been there).

And when i worked at a doctors office, i only got 30 minutes, but the office was closed for 2 hours and we all played catch up....and that includes calling back patients just like you!
#3 of 6 Old 03-22-2005, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

OK, just called them again and they said that my hcg was 508. I think that kicks butt! The nurse said the doc thought they should be in the thousands, but if I was at 62 last monday and 85% of normal pregnancies double by 72 hours then at the very least it should be about 330. I think my numbers show that it's not eptopic ( Ithink) so I think I'll skip the blood work from here on out. If I miscarry then nothing will stop it anyway, why add to the worry,right? I think my numbers are fine. Like I said before,they were wacky with dd too.

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#4 of 6 Old 03-22-2005, 05:32 PM

So, I got out my calculator, and it looks like your HCG rate is doubling on the average of about every 2.3 days. That doesn't sound too bad, does it?
#5 of 6 Old 03-22-2005, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

ooh,hypatia, thankyou for doing the math, me likes the sound of that!

#6 of 6 Old 03-23-2005, 10:08 AM

Sarah, so glad your numers are rising! That's good news! Sorry they left you a cryptic message that added to your stress- they should know to be super sensitive about that kind of thing!

I called yest. to see if I could go in just for bloodwork (not ready for the whole shebang yet) and talking to the lab person was like trying to get through a gauntlet. She totally wouldn't let me do it and was pretending not to understand what I wanted to do. In the end the midwife called back and does want me to come in for the whole first prenatal appt so I won't get any levels done for 2 weeks!! Argh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page