Anyone else having back pain? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having really icky lower back pain and leg weakness. It kind of feels like what I would experience with a period... IS this normal? I can not bend over very easily without it hurting badly. I have been trying to do some strethches and plan on taking some light yoga- but not for a few more weeks.
Thanks!
Emilie
#2 of 6 Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM

I've been having a lot of back pain and odd leg sensations also. I plan to talk with my midwife about it when I see her next Wednesday. I am also looking around for a good prenatal yoga dvd or book as some of the stretches I have been doing are starting to feel like they are pulling a little over much. I am assuming this is just normal, but I can't remember from 4 years ago and I was only doing walking back then.

Kristina mom to A 1/12 J 11/05 D 4/08 and tiny dude in late April 2010
#3 of 6 Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 AM

oh count me in!

I have a bad back as it is, and it was pretty hard during my pregnancy with dd four years ago, but I don't think the pain started this early!

hopefully, I'll find a chiro who deals with pregnant women (I'm still getting used to saying that about myself )

I did prenatal yoga last time, it was great, definitely try it if you can.

and Emilie, I am also having cramps like I would with a period. so hopefully it is normal..
#4 of 6 Old 03-23-2005, 08:19 PM

I have the same problem, bad low back pain and really weak legs. My legs hurt by the time I get to the top of the stairs (not normal for me). I am seeing a chiro regularly and plan to mention the leg weakness on Saturday. My back always feels imaculate after I leave his office. Ithink my super soft bed isn't helping. I also plan on starting a walking regime to increase my leg strength.

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#5 of 6 Old 03-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Dude I have so many aches & pains! My other pgs weren't like this! My legs ache, I have sciatic nerve pains that keep me awake, my ligaments around my uterus just kill me sometimes, & my back hurts soo bad at times too! It's all weird because it ALL comes & goes & comes & goes. I'm in shape & I get exercise & all, I don't know what my problem is! Stretching does feel really good, & I also want to take prenatal yoga soon. I hate to think that it has anything to do with my age now : .

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#6 of 6 Old 03-24-2005, 03:35 AM

I would try a chiropractor. Ask around to get a good referral. It's the only thing that helps me (other than yoga and pilates, which requires more work on MY part ; ) and it's truly frequently a quick fix. I have scoliosis, so I need to see one at least monthly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page