weekly chat 23-29 april - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2005, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i guess ill start this up again..

elwynn and i have the house to ourselves this weekend. my sister is away visiting our aunties. elwynn woke up at 7:30 with "im hungry mum" ut i realised as soon as i got out of bed that i was too.. its been a beautiful few days and today is no exception. already the sky is a brillaint blue.

i was invited to a potluck birhday party tonight and im looking forward to it. since i moved back to the city a few weeks ago i havnt seen amny people and i feel like i need people around me.

i have my first midwife appt on tuesday and im starting to get excited about it. i really want to hear the heartbeat, but im set againt using doppler this time around, so we will see..

yesterday i tiook elwynn to a toddler drop in play group with a friend of mine and his daughter who is just a fewmonths younger. there was a momma with a new baby named saskia (which is one of the names i was considering for this babe) id never met a saskia, so i was kinda sad, but she was lovely and it really suited her. oh and elwynn got his first tricycle yesterday. my baby is getting all grown up!

i miss sleeping on my belly but its getting uncomfy. anybody else having sleeping problems? i dream like crazy and toss and turn. maybe i need to get more exercise.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 02:42 PM
bec

I had the most amazing dream last night that the baby was pressing itself against my tummy so much that a tiny baby shape could be seen through the skin. I was able to put my finger on the baby's mouth, and the baby started sucking, through the skin. It sounds pretty gross, writing about it, but it was really amazing at the time.

Mama Fern - If you don't use a doppler, the earliest they can detect the heartbeat on the fetoscope is around 20 weeks, so you might have a little wait.

I had my first midwife appointment last week, and it was so nice. I refused the doppler, didn't have to do an internal, found out that she doesn't do the typical glucose challenge (just does a blood draw), and is so in line and in tune with what I want for this pregnancy and birth that it's amazing!

I haven't been having sleep problems. Well, at least no sleep issues because of the pregnancy! :LOL My toddler, on the other hand, has been quite restless, so sleep has definitely been interupted.

I've been definitely having some queasiness. I threw up again this morning, but have been ok since then. And, at least I had the bathroom to myself. I hate having a cheering squad. I'll have one trying to put the toilet seat down, the other telling me that I'm doing a good job, but to try to get it into the toilet (words I wished I hadn't had to say to either of them at one point or another). So, a few minutes to puke in peace is about the best I can expect first thing in the morning! :LOL

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 04-23-2005, 03:52 PM

I just started my 10th week and I am excited that I am 1/4 of the way there. The nausea comes and goes, but I am not throwing up like I was. : It is the weirdest sensation to feel like you have to puke but feel hungry at the same time. Nothing appeals to me. I am sleeping okay, even taking naps. I will have to agree that it is hard to get out of the habbit of sleeping on my tummy. My darling toddler girl: has been a handful lately. Can someone tell me why it is not a good idea to use a doppler or have an u/s. I never really thought much of it, but I hear a lot of you saying that you don't want it. So I am curious.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

yeah the sleeping thing is crazy because all day all i want to do is sleep but when night comes im just not that sleepy. maybe im nocternal! but being that way isnt so great when you have a toddler with a LOT of energy and no naps...

sorry to hear about your still-queeziness.. did you try those homeopathics i was talking about? they really really helped me. ignatia and pulsatilla. i found out about them in a homepoathic book about pregnancy and childbirth and i happened to have some in the house for other things and within about 5 days i didnt even need them anymore. i still have moments of queezsiness but mostly its if i have low blood sugar which im sensitive to anyways, pregnancy or not.

im glad to have someone else not doing all of the testing and doppler and stuff.. its hard being the odd one out, but i feel like id like this to be as natural as possible, even though i feel like my sons pregnancy and birth were pretty much as natural as they could be at the time.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 04-23-2005, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

the doppler uses powerful sound waves that go in and bounce back. i dont think its as invasive as a lot of other procedures that you can have while pregnant
(like amnio and such) but i feel like if it isnt necessary why do it? you are introducing something very foreign to that so small so fragile baby. sound waves are very powerful. i dont know a whole lot about it, but this is my understanding on it. if im wrong or others can elaborate more, please do..

as for ultrasound, its similar but rather than you hearing the sound you see the baby. i really dont know how it works, but it must be crazy powerful. i guess i should researchg it more,. i just always felt like it was kinda scary and unnatural

this is a page on the mothering.com page that talks about doppler and ultrasound.

http://www.mothering.com/articles/pr...l-testing.html

Quote:

Old 04-23-2005, 06:47 PM

I always found that when I was carrying my kids, they'd respond strongly (lots of kicking and movement) to any kind of ultrasound, whether it be a doppler or an ultrasound. As I understand it, the reasoning appears to be that baby's undeveloped ears are capable of sensing the u/s and being caused pain- so I've made the decision to have a 12 week scan to count heads and confirm everything is OK, when hopefully it won't hurt baby too much- then nothing later.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:00 PM

Hi Mamas,
Just wanted to pop into the weekly chat because I am so excited with news, I have to share, and I'm still not telling my local pals about my pg...

anyhow, we had our first midwife appt today-a meeting more than a prenatal visit-and everything felt right, i really liked her, dh liked her. I think we're going for the HB I wanted, woo hoo!!!!

And this news is just too wonderful--my sister, who is 36, with less than ideal health (rheumetoid arthris to mention just one problem), who has struggled with infertility for over 6 years, just found out that she is pregnant. I am so excited for her. She doesn't have a due date bc her cycles have always been irregular, but she suspects that she is 7-8 weeks. I am 11 weeks along so who knows, maybe we'll end up laboring at the same time! If anyone has the time or inclination, prayers for her would be welcome. She has wanted a baby for years but had pretty much give up hope.

Thanks for listening!! Oh, and I can't sleep well at all lateley. I get real tired during the day so i nap when dd does, but always wake up groggy and sick to my stomach, and then can't fall asleep at night. I hope i move out of thise phase soon! Plenty of dreams, too, but no good ones about the baby, yet.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:26 PM

Hi mamas! It's great to read these because with almost every post, I find myself nodding and agreeing and sympathizing with another mama. I agree about needing to eat, but not wanting to eat. I keep calling this my 2 month hangover, because that's exactly what it feels like. Blech.

DS woke us up at 6:45 this morning and I swear, I would have sold my soul to the devil this morning for 1 more hour of sleep. Gaa. No video or bribery would convince DS to let mama and daddy sleep. :

I too am struggling with the doppler thing. I really want to hear that HB, but I also want to avoid US. From what I understand, dopplar is even a more concentrated UW wave, so even though it is shorter, it is still a lot of exposure. I have an appt at 12 weeks with the MW and even with DS, they did not hear the HB at 12 weeks with dopplar, so we had an u/s. So that is keeping me from being tempted at this appt - that even if we do it, we might not hear it anyway. I have an appt at 14 weeks with my backup dr, and that appt might tempt me. We'll see.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend. I am tired, but we're hoping Ds goes to bed early tonight, since he woke up so early and did not nap. Then I will not be far behind him.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
Old 04-24-2005, 11:08 AM
bec

Mama Fern - I'm so glad to here I'm not the only one not doing ultrasounds/doppler!!! I've been feeling like such the oddball lately. And that's here! I'm a total alien at the mainstream board that I post to! :LOL

Bec

Old 04-24-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

i think the important thing to remember is that you are doing what is right for you. what feels like the healthiest best thing for you and baby.lots of people need reasurrance that everything is okay. that there really is a baby in there, which i think is totally normal i felt that way with elwynn. but since i can already feel this wee babe im not worried and i know that if there wa anything "wrong" with the baby i'd love it no matter what. i have a brother with downs syndrome and ive spent most of my life working and volunteering with kids and adults with special needs and disabilities. i just wonder sometimes how many people would decide to terminate a pregnancy if there really was an abnormality. it makes me sad thinking about it.

Quote:

Old 04-24-2005, 04:24 PM

Hi Mamas

I, too, am nodding in agreement at most of what you're saying

Mamafern: I've always had terrible problems with sleeping so being pg and having that to think about is making it so much worse! Plus ds has been sick so we've been up a LOT at night- most days by 4:30 am. I take a nap whenever I can, but then I feel groggy when I wake up and unable to sleep that night, like the pp said! I ordered the Hypnobabies "Peaceful Night's Sleep" CD but it's been 3 weeks and still hasn't arrived...I'm calling tomorrow to see where it is...I'm desperate for something to help! I also got some homeopathic sleeping tablets- although not sure if they're safe to take when pg- does anyone have that book that lets you know which herbs are safe to take during pregnancy?

Bec: what a cool dream!

I'm not nauseaus in the sense of needing to throw up, I just feel like there's a rock in my stomach, and the sight and smell of most foods turn me off. It gets worse and worse as the day goes by. I had just started really getting into cooking dinner, and now I can't do it- it makes me sick- we are back to eating out a lot more or having breakfast foods for dinner. Being totally constipated sure doesn't help.

The good news is that dh is getting excited about the baby now that we saw it on u/s. He didn't really mention it a whole lot before but now he seems really happy about it and we can talk about it like it's really going to happen!

I'm showing but not to the point where anyone else can tell...I can really tell though! I've worn stretchy, drawstring, and low riding pants since having ds so my pants aren't tight but you can see I have a fat tummy.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:06 PM

ACK! It's SNOWING! Good grief! Earlier this week it was 83 degrees, and now there is about 4 inches on the ground! It's surreal. It's the twilight zone. I can't wrap my mind around it. I've covered up my trillium with buckets though I have no idea if that's necessary.... Just seemed like a good idea.

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I like changing each Monday. It makes something about Monday seem good I've been not fully myself, but it waxes and wanes. I'm reading a ton.... one of my favorite activities, and one I'll have to forgo for quite a while again come November! I'm going through novels like crazy. DH is amazing. He comes home from work, makes dinner, takes care of DD, sends me off to rest.... What a guy.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:47 AM

I'm with you all on the difficulty sleeping thing. In my case, I almost ALWAYS have difficulty sleeping anyway, because my DH snores horribly. It's one of the worst things about being married to him. I have a futon in the den where I've slept on occasion, but the other night when I considered going there because his snoring was waking me up/driving me crazy I realized how far away from the bathroom the den is!! (Not that I'm living in a palatial mansion or anything, but the den was an addition that used to be a garage, if that gives you a sense of it being a little farther from the main living areas of the house and especially the bathroom. Not so great with me having to pee desperately every hour or two during the night!!) The other night I poked him to get him to stop snoring, and told him that with the next infraction he was being sent to the den!! :LOL

Luckily I seem to be mostly out of the nausea stage and be getting some energy back. I'll be 11 weeks on Tuesday. Yay! The baby will be done being an embryo and graduate to being a fetus! I'm thinking about having a little private party and sending a piece of cake down to celebrate!

I have a consultation appointment with one midwife on Tuesday evening, and one with another midwife on May 7. So we'll see who I go with.

Oh, and if emomama is here reading, I cracked up in the last week's thread about the "arby's roast beef sandwich emergencies." I've been totally into those too lately--the beef n' cheddar is my favorite! I know my DH really loves me because he actually picked one of these up for me the other day, and he's a Hindu vegetarian!! :LOL
Old 04-25-2005, 01:00 PM

MamaFern and bec... I am not doing ultrasound either including doppler. So I guess we"ll all be waitin what, another two months before we hear our babies hb.
I just bought a fetoscope on ebay for $20 and dh is excited to use it. our midwife last time taught him how and i think it really helped him connect.

Oh, and Mamafern, I checked out the pics you have of elwynn online from your sig.... he really is an elfin child ... sooooo beautiful. does he ever get called a girl because of his hair? Willem has the same texture though it can get pretty curly when it gets wet, and he gets called a girl ALL the time.

alright trying to nurse and type at the same time.. .have to check in later.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:16 PM

I'm trying really hard to look up and see the more positive side of the world right now.

As I posted, I was sick all weekend with a stomach virus. It was really awful. Just when I was starting to feel better, this comes. So that's a bummer. Now I feel kind of like I'm back at square one in terms of lack of energy and messed up appetite.

It's hard to believe that I'll be in my 11th week on Wednesday. Almost out of 1T! I remember feeling a lot better with Sam around this time, so I'm looking forward to having some more energy and being able to reconnect with DH and with Sam, too, who doesn't understand what happened to Mommy this weekend, but asks me after each nap - are you feeling better? Good! Can you eat your food? Good! Did you drink all your water? Good! He's like my little cheerleader and I love him more than anything.

But what's really messing me up right now is this...a friend of SIL's died in her sleep last week. She was 28 yrs old. All I know right now from SIL is that this friend had a UTI and was on antibiotics. She lived alone - her sister hadn't heard from her and went to her house and found her dead in her bed. DH knew this woman well too, I only knew her a little bit but really liked her a lot. I assume there will be some kind of autopsy because of the medical aspect of it and the fact that 28 yr old women aren't supposed to just die in their sleep. But I don't know yet. I dont know if you need to pay for an autopsy or if they just do it. So this is all really sad and I'm quite down about it and just hope that her family will be ok.

Add that to the fact that my family is nuts, and I'm just really spent.

So here's hoping for a good week. I'm really going to get my maternity clothes out of the closet tonight (supposedly!), and that will make me feel better. It's a little weird that I havent' heard any hb yet but everyone at work knows now that I'm pg. It's just a bit surreal. Still have to decide if I'm going to go for the u/s in 2 weeks. With all the stress I've been under recently, it could either be a good relief for me, or a big cause of more stress, so I just don't know. We shall see.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, he gets called a girl a lot and it doesnt help that he loves pink and purple and pretty things... but then he always has a dirty face and cars in hand at this age his gender identity doesnt really matter, at least not to him or me

Quote:

Old 04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
kel

I'm 13 weeks today and starting the 2nd trimester - yay! I can't believe I'm already in the 2nd trimester. I'm looking forward to the baby growing more quickly now so that I'm more obviously pregnant to people - right now, in loose shirts anyway, I look like it could just be a big beer gut!

We waited to tell the kids until after I'd had my first midwife appt. last Tuesday. I did hear the heartbeat, which was amazing, and we had a cupcake party for the kids the next day to tell them. They're all very excited and my 5yr. old daughter is *ecstatic*. I'm feeling good and am looking so forward to summer and the beach and warm weather. xo

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

Old 04-25-2005, 04:43 PM

Dancingmama, it snowed here in Ohio this weekend too. DH and I were singing Christmas carols as we made breakfast. :LOL I sent our family pictures of my tulips, filled with snow. Very freaky.

I'm having sleep issues too, with the tossing and turning all night and the bizarro dreams. I did dream the other night that I had an amnio or some other genetic screening, so we got to find out what sex the baby is, but of course I couldn't remember what it was when I woke up!

I am 10W4D today, and I have my second midwife appointment Wednesday. I'm not sure if she will ask if I want to do the doppler, maybe it's too early? I had an early ultrasound about 2 weeks ago and all looked fabulous, so I may not bother with doppler this week. Like y'all said, it was good for me to have the reassurance of the ultrasound. I had a blighted ovum last year, and didn't find out til 12 weeks, so it was pretty devastating. DH and I have been talking about whether to do the nuchal translucency scan in the next couple of weeks (our clinic offers it as a routine diagnostic) but I think we're going to skip it.

Fern, I admire your attitude about babies with special needs. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but the idea of having a baby with special needs is really scary to me. Sometimes I'm not sure if I would be strong enough or brave enough to handle it. I guess we can handle what we're given, but it's just *so* foreign to me in every way. I hope y'all don't beat me up for saying that. :

Well I don't know if y'all remember me saying this a while back, but we finally found a house in our dream town, Yellow Springs! We're going to be moving in 3 weeks and I can't wait! The only negative in the whole scenario is that DH is out of town until the day before we move, so I will be doing the rest of hte packing myself. Yikes! I am starting to have the occasional good day now, so I have been able to get some work done but I still tire out so easily! I'm hoping that I will really start to feel better before we move....

Oh, and this is toooootally off the subject, but I was just curious (for those of you with babes), how many times do you usually change a newborn during the average night? And when you co-sleep, do you lay the baby on a towel or something like that to prevent leakage all the way through to the mattress?

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 04-25-2005, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

elwynn was sooo sensitive when he was small to wet diapers that he would scream as soon as it was damp, so i never really had the chance to get a soaked bed :LOL

i dont think badly of you for feeling that way amy, we are all used to different things. but i think that most woman who have babies with disabilities probably felt the same was as you but love and adore their children anyways. i know it was a HUGE shock for my mom, but she got over it and took him home and nursed him even though the doctors suggested leaving him there to die and said that nursing a down baby is impossible. my god. can you imagine? he is a really great guy and i feel really lucky to have grown up with such an open mind because of him being in my life.

oh and i moved to another city alone, just me and elwynn, when i was 8 weeks and in the middle of the worst morning sickness, so you can do it momma!!

Quote:

Old 04-25-2005, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy*
Oh, and this is toooootally off the subject, but I was just curious (for those of you with babes), how many times do you usually change a newborn during the average night? And when you co-sleep, do you lay the baby on a towel or something like that to prevent leakage all the way through to the mattress?
I think we probably changed diapers about four or five times a night (between 11pm-7am) when DD was a newborn. Sometimes, we'd just get a new one on and would have to change it again!

For co-sleeping, I put a towel covered with a big receiving blanket on the bed, and tucked the ends of the blanket into the towel. Sometimes I also put a waterproof changing pad under the top sheet. Spitting up was the main problem, not leaky diapers.

We had our ultrasound last Friday. Such a nerve-wracking experience, after two miscarriages. But everything is wonderful, the little babe was wiggling around and the heart was beating strongly.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Ug, a big fat "ME TOO" on the sleeping problems!! It sucks, I'm so exhausted alll day long, & take awesome naps, so why oh why do I sleep so poorly some nights? I just toss & turn & pee.

Do any of you wake up with the most intense thirst you think you've ever experienced in your life?? I've done this with all my pgs now, I wake up SO thirsty I can't even think straight & gulp water like crazy from the bathroom faucet!

We heard the HB today. I immediately teared up. Today was the 1st day that someone other than me was able to say "yep, there's REALLY a baby in there!". Before today, I hadn't had any exam or blood work or anything, just the hpt & my own intuition (which is mighty powerful, but still...). My mw did a pelvic, and I had a moment just as she started when I was totally thinking "what if she doesn't feel anything?? What if somehow I m/c without knowing?? What if the baby's not in my uterus? What if what if...?" She said everything feels great & she found the heartbeat so fast. I'm only 9w5d. My ds & dp were there. It was absolutely awesome. I couldn't stop saying "There's REALLY a baby in there!!" :LOL

I'm SO freaking exhausted & nauseas all the time. But I am SO in love with my partner, and SO very happy & grateful to be carrying this wee person in my belly.

I can NOT believe it's snowing where some of you are!! :LOL It's another hot & sunny california day here! That's so crazy.

Samsmamma, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. I also had a friend, she was only 30, who died in here sleep & her roommate found her. It seems she had gone into a diabetic coma. She had been SO healthy seeming & full of energy. She was a dancer & was so alive, & then was suddenly gone. I know how that feels to try to grasp the fact that this young life is just gone. I still think about her sometimes, I can still remember her smile & her voice. I'm sorry to hear you're going through that stress & sadness right now!

Man, I want to post a pic of my belly so bad! I've GOT to try to get access to a digital cam.... I've been in maternity clothes for weeks, I think I look 4 mos. pg. I'm huge & it makes me laugh & I want to share my funny big belly with you all so you can laugh at me too. Haha.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
bec

It's funny when I hear things like "I couldn't handle that." I had a good friend whose baby woudn't latch. She pumped exclusively for that baby for over a year. I admired (still do, actually) her terribly for her commitment. And I said that I would never be able to do that, because it was so hard.

Then my second came around and she had a cleft palate. She wasn't able to nurse. So, I pumped exclusively for a year for her. I couldn't imagine giving her formula, so I had to find a way to give her the breastmilk I had. I just managed, somehow. I've stopped saying things like, "I never" after that.

You do work with the hand you're dealt. It might be hard to picture it, but when it is your child, you will go to the ends of the earth to do whatever it is that you think is right, kwim?

Anyway, that's my lecture for the day. :LOL

Bec

Old 04-25-2005, 11:28 PM

Amy,

I think I've heard of Yellow Springs... isn't that some Ohio hippie town? Congrats on the house!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:42 PM

Yep, totally!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 04-26-2005, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

today i have my first widwife appt and im totally nervous! its silly because i know her well and i love her. anyne else feel this way with their first appt?

Quote:

Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 PM

Mamafern, I was feeling the same way before my appointment, but mine had more to do w/ I had never gone to a mw before. I have to deal w/ the crazy fears that society has pounded into my head that the only way to have a good birthing experience is w/ an OB/GYN. I ended up loving the mw I saw. There are actually 4 in the practice, and I'll eventually get to meet them all during my appointments.

Over all I've been okay. I just got over having bronchitis for a little over 2 months and now I'm sick again. Just a sore throat and some sinus trouble. Believe me this is way better than what I was dealing w/ when I had the bronchitis. I've been really sleepy all day, but since I don't take naps during the day I pass out easily at night. The only thing that wakes me in the middle of the night is my frequent bathroom trips.

Mona
Old 04-26-2005, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

all went well anyways. basically we just chatted since i didnt want to do the doppler. she and i feel like old friends and she was super excited to see me and elwynn ( whom she hasnt seen since 3 mos of age) it was fun and i have to wait 5 weeks till i go again oh well time will fly.

Quote:

Old 04-27-2005, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingmama
I think I've heard of Yellow Springs... isn't that some Ohio hippie town? Congrats on the house!
Kewl- I'm in MD's hippie town. I'll have to remember to swing by Yellow Spings if I'm ever in Ohio!

Mamafern- I was so nervous I was almost sick before my 1st appt- and I've been going there for 7 yrs now. For some reason it was easier for me since I had a newer mw that I hadn't had before- I had dealt with most of them for my birth and m/c so this way I felt like I was starting afresh with someone new and not having to rehash all the past negative memories.

It sure is hard to wait 4 weeks between appointments! I have 2 more weeks to go. And from now on I'll be bringing ds with me so that'll be another thing for me to be nervous about- I hope he doesn't scream the whole time!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:15 AM

I was totally freaked at my 1st appt. I thought the same thing, she's going to do the pelvic and say "you are SO not pregnant!". She didn't comment at all in fact. So I took her lack of negative comment as good!

She also told me I might spot after the PAP and when I got up I saw the swab was bright red! I was scared to death especially because I had already had spotting twice and she said she was going to have me have an u/s at my next appt (a whole 4 weeks away!). I didn't even get to hear the heartbeat because I was only 6-7wks!!

I rented a doppler finally and heard it at 9w3d. I was just happy to know something was going on in there! At my u/s last week the baby was fine at 11w0d and they found the cause of my spotting was a subchorionic hematoma! : Everything looked ok though, but I get so anxious at my appts. It doesn't get easier for me the more kids I have only because I *know* so much more!! :
Old 04-27-2005, 12:50 AM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyGranolaMomma
I was totally freaked at my 1st appt. I thought the same thing, she's going to do the pelvic and say "you are SO not pregnant!". She didn't comment at all in fact. So I took her lack of negative comment as good!

This is totally hilarious! Only because I didn't feel like it was official until I had seen the midwife. The thing is, she didn't do an internal, she didn't use the doppler, she doesn't have an ultrasound. All I did was pee, have my bloodpressure taken, take my history, and had them press around my pelvis. The amazing thing is that it took 2 hours to do all that!! It begs the question, are midwives slow, or just very thorough! :LOL

Bec

User Tag List